Epilogue

BTS Behind the Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 YEARS LATER

“Jenny. You can’t hide under a rock forever. You have to at least go to the Alaska event.”

“Ugh. Fine.”

This concluded our brief meeting. Sometimes she annoys me so much. Like I get she’s my publicist and all but can’t she cut me some slack. I got back home and tossed the keys on my couch. I walked down the hallway, but then stopped- Interrupted by the reflection in the mirror.

Look at me. A widowed, almost thirty, Billionaire. As much As I hated my publicist, I needed to get out at some point.

I mean I knew that if I would be successful in the film business I would have to go to public events. I just didn’t expect to be this successful. The first movie I made with Campbell was okay, but I learned so much. 2 movies later, and I was making a trilogy. I was so afraid of falling short on budget, but then, when the first movie released, the fandom grew huge. Meetings here, interviews there, Talk show’s everywhere. And the money just kept rolling in. I had just released the Third movie ending the trilogy, and by then young film makers Knew that Jenny Dalton were among the many successful Film makers like Campbell (who had sadly passed away 2 years ago).

 I am ‘famous’ now. And I don’t like it.

So being myself: I decided to stay home and let this whole thing blow over.

I loved film and how busy it made me. It helped cover the fact that I was lonely, now without Jeffrey. Looking at myself in the mirror only made me disappointed. These past months have been too monotonous. I needed to get out there. I sighed and jumped on my computer, to write a speech for the event. (Apparently I have to be able to give speeches too.)

3 days later and my publicist and I have arrived in Alaska. It was an arts festival from with people all around the world, so there was always an exotic location. I have been many places, Buts it’s my first time being in Alaska.

JIMIN POV

“Hey daddy look at the lion I drew.”

“Oh it’s nice Mija.”

She held up oranges scribbles, proudly in front of my face.

“Here you wanna put it up, for everyone to see?” I asked

“Yeah!”

I picked her up and handed her a magnet, she reached over and struggled to stick it on the refrigerator. Once it was centered I put her down.

“It’s nice huh.”

“Yeah.”

“Hey, Mija. I’m going on another trip.”

“Another Trip?”

“Yeah. As much as I love hanging up your art work, I have to go to another place.”

“Okay.” She sounded disappointed

“I’ll only be gone for three days, don’t worry you’ll get to be with Gyuri and have a lot of fun. You will barely notice I am gone.”

“GYURI! She’s my favorite babysitter. She makes better pancakes then you.” She smiled back up at me

“Darn. I want some Pancakes too.”

“That’s what happens when you go on trips.”

It was hard going on trips. Being on a solo singing carrier. Having to Leave Little Mija. I turned down a lot of trips and events, but the arts festival was something that couldn’t be missed. I packed later that night and left in the morning after dropping Mija off at Gyuri’s to take her to kindergarten. I was on the plane and many hours later I was in Alaska. Huh. It’s my first time being here.

JENNY POV

My designer put me in a plain black dress. Its professional, and my style. Then I had to sit down and organize my speech as they did my makeup. Just when I thought I was done with THIS, Here I am back in it again. I just wanted to start on my next project, and make another masterpiece. Unfortunately I have come across writers block, for filmmakers. I knew why. I just can’t say it out loud.

I was staying at the hotel connected to this grand convention center. I looked out the window to find never ending white. They directed me backstage, I looked past seeing the audience flowing with seas of people. It so culturally enriched. It was refreshing. There were many important people backstage with me, giving their own personal speeches. Seeing them made me nervous. The ceremony had started. A few people have given speeches. Then they played a short Film I had made on culture a few years ago, Right after they announced my name and I stepped up on stage to the podium. I saw everyone and realized my speech was Inadequate. I had to speak from the heart.

“When you suddenly have such a large following, but don’t go out much, People begin to think your dead.”

People laughed, which put me at ease. “Don’t worry, I’m alive.” They laughed again.

“It’s true though, in all seriousness. Some recent-ish events have put me in a difficult position. I don’t really like coming to big events like this. I am a women of simplicity. But 20 Minutes ago, I have changed my mind.” They laughed again.

“I looked and saw the audience, and it was beautiful. It was where worlds collided.”

JIMIN POV

I had arrived at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter