Chapter 1

It's Not Love!

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Hey Chanyeol, catch!”
“I will definitely score this time! No matter what!”
“No way! We won't let you do that shorty!”

 

Chanyeol tries his best to shot the soccer ball into the goal, but the goalkeeper easily catches it. Chanyeol huffs tired as the others keep playing. There is no use, he can't score! He's the worst when it comes to soccer ball! Bu none of his other friends wants to play anything else than soccer!

 

I give up! I'm out of here!”

 

Chanyeol walks out of the soccer field and stares over the playground. He sees a couple of girls by the swings and both boys and girls at the climbing frame. He slowly walks over to the climbing frame to find one girl sit alone inside of it. He stares at her for a while as he smirks.

 

Well isn't it Bacon? What are you doing all alone Bacon? Trying to not get fried in the sun?”
“Leave me alone...”
“What's wrong with you? Can't I talk to you?”
“Leave me alone...”
“Bacon is scared of the sun! Bacon is scared of the sun!”
“Haha, Chanyeol when did you realize that?! She's such a loser, leave her alone!”
“Oh what's this? Barbie dolls?! Those are so old fashioned!”

 

Other people has begun to gather by the climbing frame which wasn't the real intention. Chanyeol begins to feel nervous, what if things get out of hand? But on the other hand, everyone seems to think he's cool. Well, he didn't mean to tease the girl to gain this much attention, but he likes it.

 

Look at her hair! You look like a troll!”
“Haha, she's as ugly as one too!”
“And your name isn't a girl name!”
“Are you truly a girl? You must be a boy!”
“Haha, look at her skirt! It's all dirty and old!”
“And you have spilled on your shirt too! Such a pig!”
“She's Bacon after all!”

 

Everyone laugh at the girl who curls together inside of the climbing frame. Everyone keep teasing her until a couple of parents come over to see what is going on, but everyone is fast to leave or talk about something else. No one noticed, but for a moment Chanyeol was the awesome kid.

 

Hey Chanyeol, do you like pokemone?”
“I love that game!”
“Great, then join us!”
“Sure, I would love too!”

 

Chanyeol follows some other boys that he hasn't hanged out with that much. He is fast to join them with their gaming, but they can't help but to talk about the pig girl. She's always dirty, her hair is totally messed up and she never talks. It's not weird that she's all alone.

 

Chanyeol, you're really brave to say those things to her.”
“Why am I that brave? She's a pig!”

 

The boys laugh with him as they keep playing, but something feels weird. Why does he feel so weird? Did he do something wrong or different? But everyone calls the girl Bacon and pig, Chanyeol isn't the only one. They're even meaner towards her, so he hasn't really done something wrong. He just sees and follows, that's all.

 

***

 

Ew! You got to go with the pig girl?!”
“She's in my class, yes.”
“I heard she stinks like mud and trash!”
“Is she disgusting or what?!”
“All the girls avoids her too, such a loser!”
“I bet she can't even read or count properly!”
“I heard she's a retard.”
“What's a retard?”
“I have no idea, but I think it is some kind of decease that makes you stupid and ugly.”
“She's really ugly! Have you seen her teeth?!”
“And she's not even cute like the other girls!”
“And her hair is really ugly and looks like it stinks!”
“And she's so old fashioned according to the girls, so I guess she's a retard.”
“Haha, no one would like to marry her ever!”
“Ew, marriage!”

 

Everyone shout as the boys laugh. Chanyeol laughes at first too, but he's not sure if they really should talk like this. But the more he calls her pig in front of his friends, the cooler and stronger he seems. Eveyone admires his courage and he's not scared to pull her in the hair or push her out of the way. He has done that a couple of times at the playground and even today at their school.

 

We're almost grownup now!”
“Middle school is a big step! That is what mom says.”
“We're going to be the coolest guys ever!”
“Oh look who's here, isn't it miss pig with her disgusting hair.”
“Oh, how you gotten fatter?”
“And uglier?”
“Or both!”

 

Everyone laugh as the girl looks away. She just keeps walking without looking at them. Chanyeol gets pocked by the others as they look at the girl and then him. They want him to mess with her even more? But isn't that going a little too far? The longer he waits, the more unimpressed they look at him. He can't lose his statues here!

 

Hey fatty! Look at us while we're talking to you! Do you hear me?!”

 

Chanyeol grabs the girl's hair and pulls her back hard. She is fast to whine as she drops her books down onto the ground.

 

Oh you're so fat that you can't even hold your own books? Haha, you pig!”
“Haha, look at how weak she is! You're such a ugly fat pig!”
“Go home to your mud puddle!”

 

The girl hurries to grab her books, but one of the other boys pushes her and trips her so she falls to the ground beside her books. Chanyeol begins to feel that they're going over a line here, but he can't say anything because then he will be uncool and no one want to be with him if he's uncool. His old friends doesn't like him as much as before and those are the only real friends he got.

 

Oh sorry, I thought you wanted to roll around in the mud some more!”

 

The other boys laugh as the girl gets up and runs away from them without saying anything. Chanyeol laughs with the others, but he secretly glances after the poor girl. She's not crying, so he guess they never went too far after all. She maybe understands that they're just joking with her. Yeah, she understands that. He bets that she's actually fine with all this!

 

So, let's play basketball.”
“Yeah, that's something I want to do!”

 

Chanyeol grins as he hurries after the others. The scene that they created just some few seconds ago is fading away in his mind and everything has begun to feel normal, like it's a part of his ordinary day. He bets that everything is just perfectly fine now.

 

Baekhee's P.O.V

Baekhee sits and sobs in a corner inside of her room. She ran home right away after falling to the ground. Her clothes are all dirty again and she gets dirtier and dirtier each day that passes by. Her mother gets angrier and angrier at her, but it's not her fault! She has tried to tell her mother that it's not her fault, but she doesn't seem to care.

Baekhee curls together in her corner as she listens to the silence. She can't understand why it's always so empty at home and whenever her parents are home, they're just screaming. They scream and scream and scream until she comes down, then they stop screaming. They talk calmly to her and makes her go back upstairs so they can begin to scream at each other again.

Sometimes during late night, she can her things break like someone is throwing them. She has asked if they break their glasses or plates, but her parents assure her that it's only the TV that makes that sound. Her parents wouldn't lie to her, so she won't question that anymore.

Baekhee sighs as she stares down at the floor. She hates going to school and she hates it when her parents send her out to play. She doesn't like to go out, everyone is just being mean towards her. But her parents don't believe her and the parents at the playground don't do anything about it either.

Baekhee feels how she cries as she hugs her only trustworthy friend Mr. Byun. He has always been there for her, no matter when or where she has been. But she can't bring him to school or to the play ground, he will only get dirty or the other kids will take him away from her and hurt him.

 

Mr. Byun... Thank you for always being with me... I love you...”

 

Baekhee hugs him as she cries into the soft Mr. Byun, who is a teddy bear by the way. But to her, he isn't just a teddy bear, he's her only friend. It feels so good to know that she will always have someone by her side.

 

***

 

Baekhee! Why are you in here like this?! You ran home from school on your own again?!”
“I'm sorry...”
“You're not allowed to do that young lady! Do you want me to take your teddy bear from you?!”
“NO! Not Mr. Byun! Please mom, I'm sorry! Don't take him away from me!”
“Then don't go home from school like that! What are you, five?!”
“I'm sorry...”
“Hey, don't scream at her like that! She might have felt sick!”
“Like she would feel sick?! She's just lazy! All the teachers says that!”
“So what?! You don't have to scream at her like that!”
“Oh so you can scream on me?!”
“Yeah, I can! You're not a child!”
“Well she isn't a baby anymore either!”
“But she's not an adult!”
“Don't raise your voice at me!”
“I can scream as much as I want because this is MY house!”

 

Baekhee stares at her parents who stand and scream at each other again. They're always like this, but she doesn't like it. Baekhee hugs her teddy bear desperately as she feels the worries fill her up. Her parents are never happy around her or around each other. Is she making them angry and sad so much? Is it her fault that they're always screaming at each other like this?

 

Mom... Dad...”
“I'm the one who makes the dinner all the time! All I do is to make you happy, but you're never happy!”
“Never happy?! I'm spending all my free time home, looking after you and Baekhee! Do you know when I was out last?! It was over ten years ago!”
“Mom... Dad-”
“Oh I'm so tired of you and your complains!”
“And I'm tired of you!”
“I hate you!”
“I hate you more!”

 

Baekhee feels how she begins to cry as her parents notice her once again. They both sigh as her mother hurries over to look after her and her father is shortly behind her.

 

Hey, w-we didn't mean what we said.”
“Hey sweetie, I love your mother. Don't worry, everyone argues from time to time.”
“Hey don't cry. I know, why don't you go out to the playground again?”
“Isn't she too old for that?”
“Just get her out for a while, if you know what I mean.”
“Can't your parents come and get her?”
“Can't your parents come and watch her for once? Why must my parents always do it?”
“Oh are you seriously bringing this up now?”
“I am, because your family is so freaking lazy.”
“Hey, you're family is the sloppiest and most arrogant family I know!”
“Yours is worse!”

 

And here they go again. Baekhee curls together more and more as she cries into Mr. Byun who protects her. Not that her parents want to hurt her, but their words sounds so weird and mean. She doesn't want her parents to keep doing this, she just wants them to be happy like everyone else is!

 

***

 

Hey sweetie, how are you? Are you alright?”
“Do you remember us from last week? Haha, of course you do.”
“Do you want some sweets?”

 

Baekhee sits silently on the couch as she stares at her grandparents. Today it's her fathers parents who are here. They're here mostly of the time to be honest. Baekhee's mother's parents are too lazy to come here, that is what her father says while her mother says that they're just really busy.

 

Hey, what are you watching?”

 

Baekhee shrugs her shoulders as she plays with Mr. Byun that sits in her lap. She's actually a pretty old girl now, but she can't help but to play with her teddy bear.. Mr. Byun is the only one she actually trusts and likes.

 

Where are mom and dad? Why aren't they here?”
“Well... They're.... busy.”
“Busy with what?”
“With work.”
“Why do they work so much?”
“They have to.”
“But why?”
“So they can earn money.”
“Why?”
“So they can buy you clothes and food and toys.”
“I haven't gotten any new clothes for months. Mom says she doesn't have time to buy me any and dad says the same. So why must they work so much if they don't have time to be with me?”
“Because that's how it is to be an adult.”
“But you're not working.”
“Not anymore, but we used to be the same.”
“Did you leave dad alone as much as they leave me alone?”
“Well...”
“So, is there someone who wants some sweets?”

 

Baekhee shakes her head as she pays her attention to the TV again. She doesn't like to have too long conversations with others, after all she doesn't know what to say. Her grandparents sigh as they join her to stare at the TV, but they keep trying to talk to her. And as usual, she never answered them as she sits silently on the couch with her teddy bear in her lap.

 

***

 

Hey pig! I have heard you still sleeps with your teddy bear!”
“Oh my god, is that true?! You're such a baby!”
“Leave me alone...”
“Don't mumble your words, we can't hear you!”
“Ow, stop pull my hair!
“What? Like this? Haha!”

 

Baekhee tries to get away from the bullies who chase her. She hates them all, but soon her parents should be here to pick her up. Yes, they actually promised to pick her up today! She's so happy, maybe they can go and buy ice cream or just go to the park like they used to do?

 

Who are you waiting for, loser?!”
“It's none of your business!”
“Haha, she's getting cocky!”
“Shut up you pig, don't talk against us like that!”

 

Baekhee cries when the boys begin to pull her hair as she hurries to run away from them. She runs as fast as she can towards the pick up point where she suddenly sees her grandparents stand and wait for her. Today it's her father's parents who are here, like usual.

 

G-Grandpa..? Grandma..? What are you doing here? Where is mom and dad?”
“Sorry sweetie, they didn't have time today.”
“But we're here. So let's go and buy some ice cream.”
“But... They promised...”
“Don't be sad, they're just really busy right now.”
“Hey, are those kids bullying you Baekhee?”
“No... They're just weird.”
“Promise?”
“Promise.”
“Good, then come with us, let's go and buy ice cream.”
“I don't want ice cream... I want to go home...”
“Okay then, if you really want to go home, then we're going home.”
“Hey Baekhee, what would you say if you come and live with us for a while? Would you like that?”
“No, I want to stay with mom and dad.”
“But mom and dad are really busy right now.”
“But aren't you going to move to somewhere else soon?”
“Well yeah, we're moving to Busan for a while. But don't you want to come with us? Mom and dad can come and visit at the weekends and we can have lots of fun!”
“And we can make you warm dinner every night!”
“Every night?”
“Yes! And we can go shopping for clothes too!”
“But I don't want to be without mom and dad...”
“Listen Baekhee, right now they're really busy. I think it's better if you come with us for a while. So what do you say?”
“If mom and dad says so, then I will go. But only if they say so.”
“Let's talk with them tonight then.”

 

Baekhee nods as she stares at the ground. Her parents won't let her go, they will tell her to stay and that they will spend more time with her. She promise you, they won't let her leave! She loves her grandparents, but she wants to stay with her parents. And they want to stay with her too, right?

 

***

 

Going with you guys to Busan?”
“Yeah, what about it? Isn't that a great idea?”
“I think so, that would actually be pretty good.”
“Yeah, we're really busy like you know.”
“We thought so.”
“W-Wait, what? Y-You will just let me go?”
“Well of course, it's not like you're going to live alone.”
“B-But... Y-You will live really far away from me!”
“Yeah, but we can still see you during the weekends. Or at least at some weekends.”
“And grandma and grandpa have more time than we do.”
“And it will be easier for you two to get things sorted out.”
“Yeah, it will.”
“But are you sure that you can just take her on?”
“Of course we can, she's not that young anymore.”

 

Baekhee feels how she stares at her parents with disappointment. How could they betray her like this? How could they just let her go like this? Baekhee feels how she begins to cry and rushes up to her room. The tears streams down her face as she sprints to her bed where she usually finds Mr. Byun, but he's gone.

 

M-Mr. Byun?! W-Where are you?!”

 

Baekhee looks desperately around her room for the teddy bear as she cries. Where is he?! Why isn't he on the bed where she left him?! Baekhee keeps searching until her mother enters her room with a concerned look. She then sees the mess Baekhee has made and she just sighs annoyed.

 

Baekhee, don't make such mess please. I just cleaned the room today.”
“Where is he?!”
“Who?”
“Mr. Byun!”
“The teddy bear? Aren't you too old for those? He's and old worn teddy bear-”
“No! Give him back! Where is he?!”
“I'm sorry Baekhee... But I thought you wouldn't mind me tossing him away.”
“WHAT?! Mr .Byun?! You threw away Mr. Byun?!”
“Baekhee, for god's sake, you're 11 years old!”
“You're so mean!”
“Now you're overreacting! This is nothing to cry about!”
“What is going on?”
“Mom threw away Mr. Byun! I don't want to see her anymore! I hate you!”
“What?! You threw away Mr. Byun?!”
“It was an old worn teddy bear! It was nothing!”

 

Baekhee cries as she hugs her grandma who eyes Baekhee's mother. Baekhee cries so much it feels like she will faint. They threw away her precious Mr. Byun, how could she? How could she do that? Now Baekhee has no one she can truly trust... What should she do?

 

That wasn't up to you to decide. Just get him back, right now.”
“I can't the trash is empty now after the truck came here and emptied it.”
“Mr. Byun! You monster! I hate you!”
“Baekhee-”
“NO! Don't talk to me!”

 

Baekhee runs out of her room as she keeps crying. It feels like her whole world is slowly collapsing on top of her. She truly hates this so much. She hates everyone and everything. Why can't they all just leave her alone?

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup? ^.^

So the first chapter is up, which feels great! I want to welcome you all to this fiction and hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter (even though it felt a little heartbreaking) ^.^

I will keep my message short; I appreciate you all for reading and I love you guys so much! Thank you for your wonderful support! Subs, comments and upvotes are always appreciated, just so you know! ^.^

I won't keep babbling for now, so take care till next time! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3