Chapter 6

It's Not Love!

 

Baekhee's P.O.V

Baekhee walks towards her apartment with Chanyeol besides her. Chanyeol keeps teasing her about her shrieks when she jumped down from the rooftop, but he teases her nicely and not too much. But suddenly, he acts a little more serious than what he did before.

 

Hey, I really think you should hurry home.”
“Why?”
“Because when I held you, you felt really cold. Wait a second.”

 

Chanyeol stops as Baekhee stops as well. She doesn't know why she stopped, but Chanyeol asked her so nicely to wait. Chanyeol pulls off his hoddie he's wearing and holds it out to Baekhee who stares dumbly at it.

 

W-What are you...?”
“You're really cold and you have been stuck on the roof for a while, right? Take it to warm yourself. I don't need it.”
“I-I'm fine...”
“Please, take it. See it as a sorry for teasing you when you needed help. Also... I really don't want you to get sick.”
“B-But-”
“Baekhee, please, can you take it?”
“No... I-I don't need it.”

 

Chanyeol sighs as he is fast to put the hoddie around Baekhee's shoulders anyway. Baekhee blushes like a fool as she stares a little grumpily at Chanyeol.

 

Yah, I said I don't need it.”
“Whatever you say princess.”
“Don't call me that I said!”
“Haha, but you are like a princess.”
“What do you mean with that?”
“Well... Everyone likes you in a way, except for those jealous girls in our class. You're really nice and to be honest, all the guys in our class follow you around like you're a princess. And you're really pretty.”

 

Chanyeol talks a little awkwardly in the end as he scratches the back of his head shyly. Baekhee feels how she starts to blush like a fool and hurries to look away to not show it. That big idiot, she doesn't want him to talk so nicely about her. After all, he used to be the person who bullied her. Isn't he supposed to laugh at her and say that she still looks like a big, fat pig?

 

Hey Chanyeol... Can I... ask you something?”
“Of course you can.”
“You barely know me... Yet you say all this... Why?”
“Oh, well, you see-”
“Don't you recognize me at all?”

 

Baekhee suddenly asks Chanyeol the stupidest question she could have asked. Chanyeol stares dumbly at Baekhee who sighs. She really have to learn to shut her stupid mouth sometimes.

 

I can't believe it...”
“W-Wait, do I know you?”

 

Baekhee hesitates before she looks up at Chanyeol. He looks to think about what she just said and he's really trying to remember her. Maybe she shouldn't tell him about the past? After all, he might bully her again. But now when she has already opened , maybe she shouldn't just shut up and act like she didn't say anything?

 

I can't believe that you're acting all nice towards me.”
“Why wouldn't I do that?”
“Because... Because you used to bully me.”

 

Baekhee mostly mumbles while Chanyeol stares dumbly at her for a long time. After a while, his eyes widens and Baekhee is fast to pick up her pace. She doesn't have the power to face Chanyeol at the moment and she just wants to go home.

 

Bye Chanyeol.”
“W-Wait, Baekhee! D-Don't tell me that you're the pig girl!”
“Yah! You didn't have to call me that!”

 

Baekhee feels the anger grab her while she screams pissed at Chanyeol. The giant hurries to catch up to her, even though she tries to walk away from him. Baekhee ignores Chanyeol with all her might as she keeps walking. If she ignores him long enough, he will (eventually) give up and leave her alone.

 

W-Wait, Baekhee, i-is that really you?! Are you the Bacon girl?!”
“Shut up you idiot...”
“Baekhee, if that really is you-”
“Leave me alone! Now when you know why I have avoided you, can you please leave me alone?! I don't want to be mean towards you, but I don't like it when an old bully is acting all nice to me. Bye Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhee is fast to turn away from Chanyeol and almost begins to run to get away from the giant. Chanyeol slowly gives up on trying to catch up with her and lets her be, just like she told him to do. Baekhee keeps going until she is sure that Chanyeol is out of her sight and won't be able to catch up to her any soon. When she's finally alone again, she sighs tired and begins to walk in her normal pace towards her apartment.

She's actually a little cold around her legs now, but her shoulders are feeling warm. Baekhee then realizes that she has Chanyeol's hoddie on her and that she was really mean towards him for just a minute ago.

 

Great... Just great...”

 

Baekhee sighs as she grabs the hoddie and tries to pull it off her, but she can't bring herself from doing so. Chanyeol really cared for her, he even gave her his hoddie to keep her warm, yet she was really mean towards him. Oh how did she become the mean guy all of the sudden?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sighs tired as he enters his house. He throws off his shoes and takes of his jacket before he drags his bag with him towards his room.

 

I'm home...”
“Welcome back home Chanyeol.”
“Thank you...”
“Hey, is something wrong?”
“No... Just tired...”
“Okay, I will get dinner ready as fast as possible then.”
“Thank you...”

 

Chanyeol enters his room shortly after finishing his conversation with his mother. He throws his bag over to a corner and closes the door behind him. He walks tired over to his bed and drops his heavy body down onto it. He feels so down and frustrated...

Chanyeol lies down on his back and stares up at the ceiling. A heavy and long sigh escapes his mouth once again. Why is his life so damn complicated? Why are girls so complicated? Wow, he's actually complaining about his life right now. Chanyeol sighs once again as he closes his eyes for a couple of seconds.

To be honest, he's not sure how to feel or what to think. He didn't actually believe his ears when he heard Baekhee tell him the truth. All he could do was to be a stupid dumb idiot and act like he's the dumbest person on Earth. And he was stupid enough to call her the pig girl and the Bacon girl as well.

 

Wow, just, wow...”

 

Chanyeol mumbles for himself and facepalms himself. He can't believe that he met Baekhee and the most annoying thing is, he thought he really had managed to hit on her when he helped her down from the rooftop. To be honest, he has no idea why she was up there from the beginning, but helping her down wasn't too hard.

But when they were on their way home, she dropped the bomb and told him that she doesn't want to be with him. The sad thing is that Chanyeol truly wants to apologize to her for everything he did and said when they were younger. He truly didn't mean to be so mean towards her and he feels really bad about it even on this day.

Chanyeol feels how he sighs for the hundred time while he sits up on his bed. He stares over at his sport bag that lies in the corner, he needs to unpack it and repack it for tomorrow. But he doesn't have the power to do that right now. Though, he needs to get his mind off a couple of things. For now, he should try to avoid Baekhee since she doesn't want to see him. He should do that until he has come up with a way to apologize to her.

 

Baekhee's P.O.V

Baekhee sighs while she enters the classroom. After yesterday's afternoon, she's actually still a little cold and tired, but she's not sick. Baekhee sits down on her seat while more and more students fills the classroom. She wonders when Chanyeol will come.

She's planning to pass him his hoddie as quickly as possible. But on the to her hand, she doesn't want everyone to see it. She doesn't want them to think that they're dating or something. But then again, she also promised herself that she should apologize to Chanyeol for being so rude after he had helped her. He only cares for her after all.

Only a couple of minutes before the bell rings, Chanyeol enters the classroom. He looks quite tired: didn't he sleep well last night? Sure, everyone looks tired during the morning, but Chanyeol looks a little extra tired today. Maybe... Maybe her words took on him last night and made it hard for him to sleep?

Guilt slowly begins to take over Baekhee as she sits ashamed on her seat. She wishes she could apologize to Chanyeol right away, but she doesn't want to do it in front of everyone else. She's scared that the girls will bully her more if they see her apologize to Chanyeol. Or worse, she's scared that Chanyeol will get mad or bully her.

 

***

 

The two first classes of the day felt like hell. Baekhee couldn't concentrate properly and her mind got stuck on Chanyeol and how he might start bullying her again. What if he doesn't want to listen to her and accept her apology and instead starts to bullying her? Baekhee feels totally hopeless whenever she thinks about it. She shouldn't really care or mind all this, but she can't help but to worry. She's being ridiculous, yet she knows that if she would get bullied again by Chanyeol, she might get emotional. After all, he was the one who used to bully her the most, but he wasn't the meanest bully. The girls were often meaner than him.

The lunch bell rings loudly in the classroom as the students gathers their things. Chanyeol, who sits besides Baekhee's seat, seems to take his time to gather all his things and so does Baekhee. Usually she leaves the classroom as quickly as possible, but today everyone else gets to leave before her.

Chanyeol stands up from his chair and Baekhee hurries to do the same. She turns to face Chanyeol, but Chanyeol didn't seem to see her until he nearly walked straight into her. He looks down at her quickly and cracks a weak smile, then he tries to walk pass her. But Baekhee blocks Chanyeol's way, which seems to bother Chanyeol a little.

 

Uhm Baekhee, you're kind of in the way-”
“I know, c-can you hold up for a second?”
“I thought... you wanted me to leave you alone.”
“Well, uhm...”
“Are you trying to bully me?”
“N-No! D-Definitely not!”
“Really?”

 

Baekhee nods fast as she looks around in the classroom. They're actually alone for once. Baekhee takes a deep breath before she picks up Chanyeol's hoddie from her bench and holds it out to him.

 

Here, it's yours.”
“Oh right, I almost forgot about it.”
“L-Listen, yesterday... I'm really sorry. I was mean and unreasonable.”
“Not really... You were just... quite harsh in a way.”
“I know... I just... I don't know...”
“Well... If you don't have anything else to say-”
“W-Wait, I got one more thing to say.”
“Yeah?”
“Well, uhm...”

 

Chanyeol looks patiently down at Baekhee who hesitates with her words. She's not sure how Chanyeol will react to her words, but there is no point with standing here like a fool either. Baekhee takes another deep breath before she continues.

 

Yesterday, you really helped me out. I know that I was harsh to you even though you had showed me your kindness. I don't know if you understand but, I think you have changed a lot then what I remember. I'm sorry if I judged you for still being a bully, I truly hope that you're not a bully anymore.”
“Well... Since I got you here and you're the one who talks with me... I'm not the same guy anymore and I also want to apologize to you for everything I did. I was a jerk and I know why and I have no right to come up with excuses for what I did. But I want you to know that I felt terrible about it and that I wish that you're happy.”
“Wow... Y-You're really different.”
“I want to say the same. To be honest, you look really independent and I... I'm kind of jealous.”
“Jealous? Of me? Of what?”
“Well... You get along with everyone so well and so quickly, except for the bullies. They have a grudge against you and that's quite weird.”
“I know, they're... girls.”

 

Chanyeol laughs a little while Baekhee smiles shyly. She's actually having a normal conversation with Chanyeol and he's not bullying her! It feels great to know that he won't bully her anymore and he even apologized to her because of what he said and did from the past! Maybe... she was too fast to judge him like this?

 

Hey... If you wouldn't mind talking to me a little more... Maybe we could... Eat lunch together?”
“Uhm, maybe...?”
“Haha, this is becoming awkward, isn't it?”
“Yeah... Let's wait with eating lunch. Right now, I just want to melt all this.”
“Yeah, me too.”
“Yeah... T-Then I see you at the next class.”
“Y-Yeah, see you.”

 

Baekhee smiles as she hurries to leave the classroom. She just realized that she treats Chanyeol a little too normal. She's not ready to sit and eat lunch with him, after all she's not totally sure if Chanyeol won't bully her. He did apologize to her about the past and he has already showed her his kindness, but... But she's scared. Maybe she's scared to get hurt again?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Yes! Problem solved! Baekhee doesn't hate him anymore and she even seems happy about him talking to her! And she admitted that he has changed! This is great! Chanyeol can feel at peace again without worrying about facing Baekhee who would hate him! This is literally the best thing that has happened him for a while!

Chanyeol feels a lot more relieved when he leaves the classroom to eat lunch. To be honest, last night was a hell. He couldn't sleep properly without thinking about what Baekhee said and he couldn't stop thinking about what he did to her when they were younger. Seriously, why did he call her pig? She wasn't that dirty and fat. She was almost like everyone else.

She was a little weird though, always sitting alone and hiding from everyone else. But he guesses that the girls at the playground had always bullied her and scared her away. The sad thing is that he used that opportunity to gain false popularity. Today, Chanyeol feels so ashamed of himself because he did and said such terrible things.

Chanyeol walks fast down the corridor towards the canteen where his friends should be at. He hurries to enter the canteen and tries to spot his friends as quickly as possible. He's already late, his conversation with Baekhee took a little longer then he expected, but it was worth it. He almost got her to eat lunch with him!

 

Hi guys, sorry that I'm late.”
“Hi, why are you so late?”
“Did you get scolded by the teacher or what?”
“Actually no, just... Solving some misunderstandings with someone.”
“Who?”
“Someone in my class.”
“Girl or boy?”
“Secret.”
“It's a girl.”
“W-Wait, you didn't try to flirt with-”
“Baekhee? Me? Maybe.”

 

Kai and Sehun glare at Chanyeol who smirks widely. Kris sighs annoyed as he shoves some rice into his mouth and gazes out at the other students in the canteen. Everything is like usual or it looks like it. But Chanyeol knows that everything isn't like usual. Right now, he got a chance to show Baekhee, the poor girl he bullied when he was younger, that he's not the same person. He might actually get her to like him if he tries hard enough. Well, it's quite obvious that he likes her. Or is he wrong?

 

Baekhee's P.O.V

Baekhee sighs relieved as she walks back towards the classroom after a long lunch. To be honest, her conversation with Chanyeol went better than expected. Also she said things that she didn't intend to say from the beginning. But she never said anything rude, so the conversation went really well. Though, she's not sure if she should regret saying that she thinks Chanyeol is really kind. He did prove his kindness to her before he knew who she was, but he might have faked it since she's the new girl that he might just want to impress on her.

On the other hand, everyone is only speaking well of Chanyeol. No matter who you ask, except for a couple of haters who just doesn't like him being popular, they all will answer the same. Chanyeol is the nicest and most happiest guy you can meet. They even have a nickname for him which is “Happy virus”. How he got the nickname is still unknown to her, but she would like to find out about it.

 

Ah Baekhee, there you are! We have been looking for you!”
“Oh, hi-”
“Did you eat alone?”
“Did Chanyeol ditch you?”
“That's not like him.”
“How rude of him to do that!”
“Ah no, it was actually me who kind of ditched him. Or I just felt like eating alone and he didn't want to make me feel uncomfortable.”
“We thought that he couldn't leave you like that without a reason!”
“Yeah... So you were looking for me?”
“Yes, do you want our desserts?”
“Uhm, no thanks, but thank you anyway.”
“Oh come on, just one thing!”
“I'm sorry, I don't like sweets that much.”
“You must be kidding!”

 

Baekhee shakes her head with a smile before she hurries to walk towards the classroom. She just hopes that those crazy sweet loving boys will stop trying to make her eat their stupid desserts all the time. She's getting really tired of them and yet she hasn't found a real place to hide from them. Oh well, she can't really get mad for them being weird.

 

Baekhee, please eat some chocolate.”
“Yeah, you will love it.”
“Oh, let the stupid pig eat her heart out!”
“Haha, yeah! Feed her and make her even fatter so we can slaughter her!”
“Hey! That was really rude!”
“Oh boys, don't you agree that she's getting fat? I mean look at her, it's obvious that she's gaining weight.”

 

Baekhee sighs at the bullying girls who chuckle at her. Baekhee tries to ignore them, but the fact that they call her pig makes her feel really pissed. But before she can say anything else, someone else begins to talk instead

 

Well, as far as I can see, she do got more meat than you.”
“Ha! Even Chanyeol agrees with us!”

 

Baekhee stares over at Chanyeol who has entered the classroom. To be honest, she feels a wave of disappointment flow into her body and the anger takes over her. She was really nice towards Chanyeol earlier and he said he wouldn't bully her ever again! Then why is he taking their side?!

 

Oh don't misunderstand me, I'm talking about body figure and not being fat or thin. You girls looks like thin papers that is swaying in the air as fast a breeze passes by. But Baekhee, she got curves and is still slim and very fit. I mean look at that , that's hot.”
“Now when Chanyeol says it... She got a really nice figure.”
“And those long slim legs are pretty.”
“And look at that chest...”
“Y-Yah! You damn erts!”

 

Baekhee, who is totally caught of guard, feels how her face turns red the moment all the boys looks at her and studies her body. Baekhee is fast to walk over and slaps Chanyeol's arm as hard as she can. Chanyeol chuckles and whines in pain at the same time.

 

C-Calm down! Haha, I was just joking! You're really slim and nice, but seriously those girls shouldn't bother you. You look great just the way you are. So let them be all jealous because they don't have any chest or like you.”
“You're not making me feel any better when you say it like that!”
“Okay then, I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. Please forgive me, I won't say anything like that again if you don't like it.”

 

Chanyeol apologizes right away as he smiles apologetic at her. Baekhee feels how her cheeks turns even more red, which makes her look away to hide her red face. That stupid giant, to embarrass her like this. Baekhee can only sigh as she tries to act like nothing has happened.

 

Whatever... J-Just don't say such awkward things...”
“I promise. And you girls!”

 

The bully girls, who has been too shocked to say against Chanyeol, wake up from their own world. They look up at Chanyeol with nervous eyes, they know they're in trouble. Chanyeol walks towards them, his eyes turning almost a little dark as he stands in front of them. He's looking quite angry, which isn't something Baekhee has ever seen before.

 

If I ever see or even hear of you bullying Baekhee again, I will literally beat the out of you all. I don't care if you're girls, bullies are bullies. You got it?”

 

Chanyeol's voice is scary deep and threatening, even Baekhee shivers when she hears him speak. The classroom falls silent and the air feels a little heavy. Chanyeol eyes the girls, one by one and makes sure that they will understand how serious he truly is.

 

Got it?!”
“G-Got it!”
“Good, then we don't have to be on bad terms either. Let's be a happy class, shall we?”

 

Chanyeol's mood changes within a second. From scary and threatening to nice and charming. It took only a second for him to change his mood. Everyone is left speechless and Chanyeol walks over to his own desk. He sits down on his seat and leans back with a smile on his lips.

 

So, what did everyone have for lunch today?”

 

Baekhee feels dumbfound. Seriously, how is that even possible? Baekhee chuckles as she sits down on her seat. Her legs feels a little weak after the weird tension she felt in the room just for a second ago, but it's finally over. How can someone this cheerful become so scary? Well, they do say that the cheeriest person can become the scariest person when they're angry.

But to be honest, Chanyeol did it for her. The thought of him standing up for her would have been impossible yesterday, but today she feels a little happier about coming back to Seoul. If she's going to tell the truth, she was really nervous and scared about coming back here. But now, she feels more comfortable than ever and it's all thanks to Chanyeol.

 

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! ^.^

So another chapter has been uploaded and I admit, it was a while since I updated last. I hope you guys enjoyed reading the chapter and that you will share your opinion about the fiction! I appreciate all the feedback I get! ^.^

I want to thank you all for reading and supporting me. I love you guys a lot and your support is the only thing that keep me going. Thank you all for reading and for supporting me. If you like what you read, leave an upvote and share the fiction with a friend! Thank you once again and take care until next time! ^.^

Peace to you all! <3