Chapter 5

It's Not Love!

 

Baekhee's P.O.V

Baekhee listens to the bell that rings loudly before she gets up of her chair. She get her things down into her bag and makes sure that she doesn't forget about anything. Everyone else do the same as mostly of the girls plan to go out to a cafe and study, while the boys talk about going home to play video games or to drop by the gym and to exercise.

Baekhee on the other hand is going to explore the school building. She won't go to places that are forbidden to go to, but she will try to find somewhere she can sit in peace without everyone annoying her. Not that she's ungrateful for all the nice classmates she has, but sometimes they're just too much for her.

Baekhee walks towards the door after she has gathered all her things. She makes sure that none of the other boys from her class follow her before she walks towards a direction. She decides that there is no point to decide where to go and where to look for a secret place to sit at since she doesn't know the school too well. So therefor she just needs to walk towards any kind of direction.

Baekhee walks around the building for a while and walks by a lot of classrooms, but also some storerooms where they have janitor stuff and papers and so on. She doesn't find anything interesting at this part of the school, so she changes course and walks towards the canteen instead. Maybe there is a place closer to the canteen where she can hide?

She doesn't find much around the canteen either. They have a lot of storerooms where they keep cleaning equipment, she has actually no idea what half of the things are, but she knows that someone uses it to clean the school. Else there are some few more classrooms, a room for the teachers where they can take a break and the canteen.

Baekhee begins to walk towards another direction as she arrives to a door where it stands “stairs” on it. She gets a little curious when she reads the sign, but she has no idea if it's alright for her to go inside. Baekhee hesitates and looks around a little. Mostly of the students have left the school building for now, she won't be seen by anyone. But what if the school janitor comes by?

Baekhee hesitates a little more before she slowly grabs the doorknob and twists it. The door gets slowly opened as Baekhee peeks her head inside the room. Technically she hasn't entered the room, so no one can scold her for going into a room she's not supposed to go into. Inside the room are literally stairs. The so called “room” isn't actually a room, it's just a door leading to a stairway that goes up. Baekhee begins to get a little curious about where the stairway leads, but it might be risky to take a look.

She takes a look around her to make sure that no one is around. She even waits for a couple of seconds and listens to the silence. The only sounds comes from the P.E hall that lies only some few meters down the corridor. Baekhee wonders who is in the P.E hall. She can't go and take a look because she might end up disturbing a sport practice and she doesn't want to do that. It would also be really awkward for her.

Baekhee looks back at the open door in front of her as she bits her lower lip. A little peek won't hurt, right? No one is around and she might find something really good. Baekhee hesitates a little more before she slowly steps into the room and then closes the door behind her. She then begins to walk towards the stairway where she hesitates a little longer before she begins to take her first steps.

After walking three stairs, Baekhee finds herself stand in front of a big metal door. It looks like it's leading to somewhere she's not supposed to go, but the sad truth is, Baekhee is a hopeless girl who gets curious too easily. And the worst is, she can't hold her curiosity back.

Baekhee grabs the metal door's handle and pulls it down while pushing the door forward. She struggled a little with it for a while before the door swings open. The fresh breeze hits her face gently as Baekhee takes a step out. The cold air surrounded her quickly as she finds herself at the school's rooftop.

Amazed and a little thrilled, Baekhee steps out on the rooftop as she stares at the small fence that shows where the edge of the building is. She walks slowly out on the rooftop and looks around to make sure that no one else is here. She then heads over to the edge and stares down at the ground. She feels slightly dizzy when she looks down. The school is only two floors tall, but she has a little fear of heights, so she gets a little dizzy whenever she looks down like this. Else she's actually pretty fine with standing on the rooftop. She can see mostly of the school ground, but it's not much to see to be honest.

Baekhee smiles at the view and notices how she can see some of the houses near the school. She can also see some cars passing by on the roads. She smiles like a fool as he looks around with a smile. Up here it's perfect to sit alone during the autumn and spring and summer! But during the winter it will be too cold and pretty snowy. Or she thinks so.

Baekhee smiles for herself as she looks back at the door that has closed behind her. It's not locked, how else could she have gotten out here without unlocking the door? Baekhee turns back her gaze towards the view as she decides to stay up here for a while. After all, it can be good for an exchange to just sit somewhere else and study than at home and at the library.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Come on, pass the ball! Keep the ball moving! Faster boys! Faster! Are you snails or are you basketball players?! I said faster ladies!”

 

Chanyeol passes the ball as fast as possible over to Kris who passed it right back. Everyone stands in pairs and passes a ball between them as fast as possible. It's an ordinary training to improve the speed of the passes without the quality getting worse.

 

Okay, that's it! Now, let's run a little! Ten laps around the court! Go!”

 

Everyone drops their balls as they begin to run. Their coach is a strict and very tough man, but he's also one of the best. He knows what's needed for the team and he knows what needs to be improved or what needs to get done.

 

Don't drag your feet! Come on, move it!”

 

Everyone moves faster, running a little faster than usual. Their coach's eyes are watching them carefully as he nods slowly. He can tell if someone is injured by just looking at them. He can also tell what they're doing wrong and how to improve whatever is wrong.

 

Lift your feet more, you're almost dragging them over the floor! Come on boys!”

 

Everyone runs faster and tries their best to do what their coach asks them to do. They're all so concentrated that no one says anything. After a while, their coach blows his whistle and everyone gathers around him. Everybody is panting as the coach smiles satisfied at them.

 

Good, now you're actually warmed up for real. We only got 20 minutes left, so let's play a little for the rest of the practice! I will pick teams!”

 

The coach divides everyone into two teams and let them discuss how to play their game before they walk over to the court. Everyone lines up as the coach comes with a ball in his hand.

 

Play nice and fair boys! I don't want anyone to get hurt! Are you ready?”
“Yes!”
“Then play ball!”

 

The game begins as fast the ball is thrown up into the air. Everyone is fast to get their heads into the game. It doesn't matter if it is against each other or against another team, they always get serious. Chanyeol manages to snatch the ball from the other team as he passes it over to someone else who dribbles a couple of meters before he passes it on to another player. And it's pretty much like this it goes for the both teams.

The ball moves back and forth between the basketball hoops. Both of the teams scores and blocks each other as good as possible while the coach helps both of the teams. They keep doing this for 20 minutes in a row before their coach finally blows his whistle.

 

Game over! Good job today boys! We skip the scores today and just enjoy the good game! Get into the showers and go home with you! I will see you next time!”
“Thanks coach!”
“See you coach!”
“Have a nice day!”

 

Chanyeol breathes out tired as Kai and Sehun joins him to walk towards the locker rooms. Kris isn't here today, he's working and can't come. Chanyeol wishes he had a part time job as well, but then he wouldn't have too much time to practice basketball like he wants to do.

 

Good job today Chanyeol.”
“Thank you, good job you two.”
“Thanks.”
“So, what's happening now?”
“I will shower and get changed, then I think I will head straight home.”
“Sounds like a good idea.”
“What about you guys?”
“The same here, but I think I will have to deal with my big sisters today.”
“They're home?”
“Yeah, for once they are and I can already hear them arguing about their boyfriends.”
“Haha, your family is the best.”
“But girls are so complicated”
“I know right?!”

 

Chanyeol laughs as Kai joins in with him. Sehun on the other hand thinks a little more about what they said before he chuckles.

 

I didn't know you had troubles with girls Chanyeol. I mean, you don't have a sister.”
“Or brother.”
“Yeah, but you agreed with what Kai said.”
“I got a mother and I have had girlfriends, I'm pretty sure I can relate to what Kai is saying.”
“Oh... Okay then.”
“Don't you agree with us?”
“If you agree, then I will agree.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he shakes his head. Sehun's logic can be so simple sometimes, but that is what makes Sehun a Sehun. He's simple and nice, that's all that is needed. But anyway, time to get into the showers and get clean so he can go home and study! Or at least try to study that is.

 

Baekhee's P.O.V

Baekhee sighs tired as she walks over to the big metal door. She has been sitting on the rooftop for a long time now and it's getting quite cold. She thinks she has been up here for an hour or two, but she can't stand the cold for much longer. It was refreshing and good and she could actually study quite well up here, but now she's getting cold and she wants to go home.

Baekhee grabs the metal door and pulls it, but nothing happens. She takes a deep breath and tries the door again, but it won't get open. Baekhee feels how the panic slowly grabs her as she keeps pulling the door with the handle. It won't get open! Omo, what should she do know?!

Baekhee freaks out a little as she looks around the rooftop; there must be another way down! She quickly walks over to an edge and looks for a stairway to go down for, but she can't find anyone. Baekhee looks around everywhere, but there isn't any way down except the first floor's rooftop that is maybe two meters down on the front side of the school building.

 

Oh no, I-I can't jump...”

 

Baekhee feels how she freaks out as she tries to look for someone who walks by the school. Please let someone still be here! Baekhee looks around for a long time as she suddenly hear voices. She begins to seek for the source of the voices and runs around on the rooftop until she spots a gang of boys that walk away from the school building.

She can't believe that she missed them! What if they were the only ones left?! Baekhee feels like crying as she looks desperately around for another way down. It is then she hears the sound of a door get open. She is fast to look down from the building to find a person step out into the fresh air.

Baekhee can't believe that she will do this, but there is no other way for her to get down from here. She needs help! Here goes nothing!

 

H-Hey! E-Excuse me!”

 

Baekhee calls the person as loud as possible. At first she sees the person look around confused and she knows that the person won't understand she's up here if she doesn't say anything again.

 

Up here!”

 

Baekhee stares at the person who looks surprised up at her. And of course of all the people who has to be here, it had to be him.

 

B-Baekhee?!”
“C-Chanyeol...”
“What are you doing up there?!”
“I... I got lost...”
“What?!”

 

Baekhee feels how she blushes like a fool. She seriously considers to not say anything to Chanyeol and just let him go, but then she won't know if she will ever get down from here. Urgh, why is life so damn freaking hard at the moment?!

 

Don't you know that the door is broken?!”
“I-I didn't know that! I got lost and walked the wrong way!”
“And you walked out on the roof?!”
“Yeah! C-Can you please help me down?!”
“The door is locked now!”
“W-What?! B-But then how am I supposed to get down?!”

 

Baekhee panics as she struggles to not start crying. She's terrified of heights, so she can't climb down and the door is locked so Chanyeol can't open it for her from the inside. What should she do?! Fly?! She can't even fly!

 

Climb down!”
“I... I can't...”
“What?! Speak louder!”
“I can't!”
“Why not?!”
“B-Because I'm afraid of heights! There is no way I can climb down!”

 

Baekhee feels how she sounds more and more desperate. Chanyeol stands silently on the ground for a couple of minutes while Baekhee sobs silently for herself. She will get stuck up here until tomorrow morning! Chanyeol seems to be thinking about something before he finally drops his sport bag he carries with him. He quickly walks over to the building and disappears from her sight. Baekhee can barely see him at the moment, but she still tries to see what he's doing.

It doesn't take very long before she sees Chanyeol climb up for the wall by using the windows to his help. Baekhee begins to panic as she grabs hair head: what the heck is he doing?! What if he falls down?!

 

What are you doing?! What if you fall down or break something?!”
“Calm down, I have climbed here before-”
“Are you freaking crazy?! What if we both get stuck up here?!”
“Oh stop it and let me help you down.”
“No! Don't make my situation worse!”
“How are you supposed to get down then?!”
“I don't know, but not by you!”
“Why not?!”
“Because you're...! Y-You're just someone I don't trust very well!”
“Then this is a perfect timing to start trusting me!”

 

Chanyeol has climbed up to the first rooftop as he stands up and takes a couple of deep breaths. He stares tired up at Baekhee who feels the annoyance take over her. Baekhee can only look away from Chanyeol as she mentally curses him. Just great, now he won't leave and fetch help, without he wants to try to get her down on his own! What if they get stuck up here together?! That would be even worse!

 

Okay, listen, this is going to be easy and safe, I promise. I have done this before, so you don't have to worry.”
“Chanyeol, please can't you just go and fetch someone to help us?”
“Come on, trust me! I have done this before, I swear that nothing is going to go wrong!”

 

Baekhee hesitates as she stares down at Chanyeol who smiles a scary charming smile. He looks so calm, like he has been in this situation before. Maybe... Maybe he has helped someone else down like this before? Baekhee sighs and slowly gives into Chanyeol.

 

F-Fine... B-But you have to swear that nothing will happen!”
“I swear, nothing has happened before and it won't happen today either!”
“O-Okay... W-What are we going to do?”
“Drop your bag down to me.”
“O-Okay.”

 

Baekhee grabs her bag quickly and carefully drops it to Chanyeol who catches t it fast. He has really good reflexes. Chanyeol puts down the bag a bit away from him before he looks up and smiles.

 

Did you see that?”
“Yeah.”
“Good, now you do the same.”
“What?!”
“Listen, just sit down on the edge and slowly lower yourself down. I will catch you before you even can touch the rooftop under me.”
“N-No! N-Never! I-I will die!”
“Baekhee, trust me. Didn't you see me catch the bag?”
“But I'm bigger! And heavier!”
“Don't worry, I don't think you're that heavy. You look thin and very slim, there is no possible way for you to weight that much.”
“Y-Yah!”
“It was a compliment!”
“I-I know that! But don't even freaking say something like that!”
“Whatever, just do as I say!”

 

Baekhee stares down at Chanyeol who waits for her to move. Baekhee truly hates him so freaking much right now! She hates this stupid situation and she hates herself for not checking the door earlier!

 

Do you want to go home or not?”
“Fine! I will do it!”

 

Baekhee carefully sits down on the edge like Chanyeol had told her. She feels how her hands tremble in fear as she stares down at Chanyeol who holds out his arms. Will he really catch her? Baekhee saw him catch the bag earlier and he has really good and quick reflexes: but will he catch her? She's bigger and heavier, just like she mentioned earlier.

 

You have to promise to catch me you derp!”
“I promise I will! Just jump already!”
“Fine!”

 

Baekhee takes a deep breath as she slowly pushes herself down the edge of the roof. She feels how she nearly jumped off the edge and before she knows it, she' falling right down. Baekhee shrieks in both fear and panic, she actually did it! But before she hits the rooftop under her, she feels a pair of hands grab her waist and stops her in the middle of the air.

Baekhee stares right into Chanyeol's face as he smirks right at her. His face is so close to hers, only an inch away. Baekhee feels how she blushes like a fool as Chanyeol slowly lowers her down to the rooftop to let her stand on her own.

 

See, I told you that I would catch you.”
“Y-You derp! I-I got really scared!”
“Oh? Don't you know that we have to do that one more time?”
“W-What?!”
“Well, how else are you supposed to get down from here?”

 

Baekhee stares down from the rooftop as she sighs. It's still a couple of meters down to the ground. She can't jump from here! Baekhee sighs and whines as she watches Chanyeol climb down for the roof without her.

 

Y-Yah, don't leave me alone up here!”
“Calm down, I will wait right underneath here.”
“B-But-!”
“Don't worry, I'm here.”
“Don't leave me alone, do you hear me?! If you leave, I will never forgive you!”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he jumps down and lands on the ground with a thud. Baekhee stares down at him as he smirks big at her. Why is he so damn confident?! That stupid derp, if he leaves her here on the rooftop alone, she will never forgive him!

 

Don't forget your bag princess.”
“S-Shut up!”

 

Baekhee grabs her bag and nearly throws it at Chanyeol who catches it easily. He's still smirking like a big idiot, even when he puts the stupid bag down onto the ground.

 

Geez, are you mad at me for helping you?”
“Shut up!”
“Oh, so you don't want me to help you? I can leave right now.”
“Y-Yah, d-don't leave me like this!”
“But I have helped you, you can get down by jumping without getting hurt. But you're too scared, aren't you?”
“S-Shut up!”
“If you want to come down, you will have to exchange something to make me help you.”
“W-What?! Y-You can't be serious!”
“What about this: if I help you down from there, you will go out on a date with me in exchange.”
“Never! I will never ever go out with you!”
“Okay then, I will just sit here and watch you try to come down on your own then.”
“C-Chanyeol! T-This is not the way to ask a lady out!”
“Yeah... You're right, sorry. I shouldn't be teasing you like that. Sorry Baekhee, I will help you down right away. Sorry for teasing you.”
“Y-You're not forgiven until you have helped me down!”
“Okay okay, just do it like you did before. You know I will catch you, no matter what.”

 

Baekhee feels how she blushes like a fool, that stupid giant has a damn smooth mouth. Baekhee sits down on the roof edge and looks down at Chanyeol who smiles. It's not that far down this time, she will make it without getting hurt and Chanyeol promised to catch her. Baekhee takes a deep breath as she slowly pushes herself of the edge.

Once again a small shriek escapes while she falls down towards the ground. And once again a pair of hands grab her waist and her hands are fast to grab the shoulders to not lose her balance. In front of her is Chanyeol's face and once again he's smirking like a big idiot at her.

 

Omo, you have a wonderful scream! So cute!”
“Y-Yah! L-Let me down!”
“Okay okay, take it easy princess.”
“Don't call me that!”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he lets Baekhee down onto the ground so she can stand on her own. Baekhee blushes like a fool as she picks up her bag. It is then something hits her: she's wearing a skirt! Wait, does that mean that Chanyeol... Did Chanyeol see her underwear?! Baekhee's face turns warm and red as she stares up at Chanyeol who smiles a big charming smile. That ert, did he look?! Did he?!

 

Hey, what's wrong? Your face is as red as a tomato.”
“You damn ert!”
“Wait, what?”
“Y-You peeked, didn't you?!”
“Peeked? What do you mean?”
“I hate boys so freaking much! Argh!”

 

Baekhee is fast to walk away from Chanyeol who grabs his bag to follow her. Baekhee tries to walk away from Chanyeol, but his long legs easily keeps up with her. How annoying can he get?!

 

Hey, what was all that for?”
“Leave me alone you ert!”
“What are you talking about?”
“You peeked!”
“Peeked on what?”
“On my underwear!”
“Uhm... Not really... I mean, I was more concentrated about catching you.”

 

Chanyeol looks away awkwardly while Baekhee blushes even more. Oh my god, she just embarrassed herself! Chanyeol chuckles as he smiles kindly at her.

 

I really didn't see anything, but if you want to feel better about it, I can show you my underwear.”
“Ew! Never!”
“Haha, I was joking!”

 

Chanyeol laughs as Baekhee huffs grumpily. She won't see Chanyeol's disgusting underwear! Boys are such erts! Baekhee rolls her eyes as she lets Chanyeol walk with her for now.

 

 


Ayo guys! How you doing~? ^.^

I don't really know what to say right here, I just felt like saying hi! I also want to mention that you guys are the greatest readers I ever have met! I love you so much! ^.^

If you feel like it, leave a comment or upvote the story! If you like what you're reading, please share it with your friends or just let me know that you like it! Everything you say or do is appreciated! ^.^

Thank you for supporting me! I love you all! <3

Peace and love to you all! <3