Pilot

Who is Jungkook Jeon?

There were monotone irritating voices that kept me from my dreamy state. They sounded like they came from a TV.


As I resurfaced into reality I was reminded of the familiar. The oval shaped shell that covered the ceiling bulb. The door and closet that were separated by a small grey section of a wall. I was comfortably warm in the piles of blankets that weighed on me and pillows that surround my body like a fortress. The voices of the TV was bringing rage inside me for the peace and quiet that was kept from me. Stretching my arms, I clicked the phone beside me and it read: "10:00am May 20th 2016" 
Too early to be alive. 


I had only my baggy hoodie and underwear when I went to sleep and so I grabbed the blue shorts from my computer chair as I left my room. 
The voice was clear and I could tell it was some reporter talking about an arrest. I headed to the kitchen before heading to the living room. I slightly glanced into the living room as I past before stopping and I heard, "The 22 year old college student responsible. was arrested after hacking and broadcasting onto the NEWS CHANNEL NAME during "--"


My eyes widened at the familiar male picture posted beside a Korean lady with short honey brown hair and a pink dress. 
"WHAT THE IS THIS?" I shouted. On the couch was my boyfriend in a business suit slurping down on the Kelloggs cereal he had left before he turned to look at me and remarked, "You're up early".


"Only 'cause you had the TV on so lou- Nevermind! What the hell is Jung Kook doing on TV?"


"I don't know either. I just saw this too- wait, listen." He stated as he the volume louder on the television.


When arrested and questioned, Mr. Jeon remained silent.


Then, a older Korean male in a grey suit and red tie with his hair slicked back spoke.


What we will show you now is the actual video footage of the broadcast


The news reporters remained silent for a few seconds until the screen changed into a report of another daily news channel with "--" on the right bottom corner. Then suddenly the screen was staticky and it refocused in front of a simple beige background and black wooden desk and chair where "Mr. Park" appeared and sat down. He still had died light brown like i remembered him six months ago, a dark thin coat with a hood, looking like it would be water-proof. Most of all, he still looked like he had the same light in his eyes full of determination.  


He took a sigh and spoke. 


My name is Jung Kook Jeon and I am the leader of the underground youth hacker group called "Young Forever". 


I smirked. It was a stupid name for any top dog hacker group, but there was nothing like it. It especially influenced by a boyband named Bangtan with their music video "Young Forever". It made sense. With all the chained fences and the long road along with a sunset and youth. It just made sense.


I've come to bring an idea Just one. And its for you of the youth. Of this generation. Of my own. 
We've been a generation highly criticized for the use of technology and cause of isolation. The cause of "laziness". The cause of a "dull" age. But to us is a gateway to communication where we tell our stories across boarders and discover places that change us. Where the shy ones thrive. Where we help each other from simple d.i.y.s on Youtube to helping each other cope over trauma. Where opportunities are endless. Where youth can discuss their ideas about freedom in our world. 


There was silence for a moment.


Thats why i'm asking for a revolution. To stop past generations from forming us in the repetitive state. Let's stop taking an eye for an eye or a leg for a leg. If we do not stop, we will continue to unnecessarily hate each other. Let us take step. 
Young Forever has made an app, under the same name, in order to get our message as a youth out. You will remain anonymous and have the option of sending your message through a blurred and auto tuned video, text message, or picture image. There will be tons of Young Forever members checking online so no matter how popular the post may be or not, your message will still be heard. 
After the message brings attention to one of the members, especially if it is of harm, we will try to get it into the hands of power so they see it. We will do cause no destruction. Only bring the issues into the right hands, so, that they may be heard and changed. 

 

Jung Kook looked directly into the camera. I almost felt like he was looking right through me. 
Someone will hear you.

Then the video footage stopped and it went back to the original news reporters. 


Although there has been many feedback and criticism, especially for the threat of the privacy of government authorities. Having made these statements clear, Jung Kook will still have a court date for his testimony. And the app is in consideration for being taken down.

The male reporter stated. Then, the lady reporter spoke again.
Surprisingly, as of currently, "Young Forever" is currently already rising as one of the most downloaded apps in South Korea and slowly rising in other countries such as  China, Taiwan and Canada. Many young people online have been making positive comments and asking for....


"What the hell did JungKook do..." I sighed rubbing my face, "Oh My God, Jin". 


"Can you imagine the teenagers though with fake messages. 'I made this epic mixtape and now my house is on fire. Send help ASAP'" Jin emphasized with a  surfer drugged up hippy attitude.

 
I raised an eyebrow. "No."


 Just as Jin stood, his phone vibrated. "NamJoon asked to meet. I have to go to work, so can you meet him instead? please? He says 12:30 at his cafe." Jin insisted, throwing his empty bowl into the sink.


"You're gonna leave after you just saw our friend on TV stating that he's been arrested??"


Jin's hands went forward, defensively. "Hey. He got into this, not me. We got out of his group just a while ago, and I don't want to go crawling back because of this. Especially since its illegal matters now". Jin got his suit case and bend down to give me a kiss on the forehead. "Love you. See you later" he said, rushing out the door. 

A while ago... Was six months ago.