2. Reasons

Her Reflection, His Mirror : : WSWC2011
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

And prove it, he did. Relentlessly.

 

For the remaining days of the school year, Jiyong made his presence more pronounced than ever before, reminding her every single day of his love, which seemed to grow even more with the attention she was giving him. He was everywhere; and try as she must, Jiyong never gave her an opportunity to avoid him.

 

He would walk her to and from school, making her parents pleased and leaving her to deal with mixed and opposing emotions clashing like waves within her. She was struggling and Jiyong was well aware of that. It hurt him to see how he was making it hard for her but if he wanted to win her, he just have to continue charging and breaking down the fortress she built around her heart.

 

“Don’t you have music club to go to?” she asked, briskly walking towards the school gate, trying to evade his advances. But Jiyong could see right through her.

 

“I still have time,” he replied nonchalant, a victorious smile playing on his lips as she puffed her cheeks.

 

The walk back to her house was quiet, as always, but he relished every moment. He was with her; there was no place he’d rather be. He could stare and watch her for hours and not be bored. He simply loved everything about her – the sway of her hips; the graceful dance her hair makes every time she moves, its smoothness as it lightly touches his bare arms; her sweet scent; the way her eyes would light up when something captures her curiosity; the emotions displayed clearly in her pretty face; how her lips would curve into a shy smile knowing that he is watching her; and the tint that coloured her cheeks, a proof that he is slowly but surely winning the battle with her.

 

She tried everything to get rid of him but all her efforts were in vain, for it just encouraged him even more. It was taxing to deal with her emotions. He was confident, so sure of himself and was never afraid to show everyone who he was; very unlike her.

 

He sighed rather loudly as they inched closer to the front gate of her house; he wanted to be with her longer.

 

She stopped in front of it and saw the frustrated look in his eyes. It confused her how she had such an effect on someone like him.

 

“I’m here now,” she said softly, avoiding his gaze.

 

But he just stood there, rocking on his heel, desperately prolonging the moment.

 

“See you tomorrow,” she unconsciously blurted, her hand automatically clamping in surprise and they both stared at each other, wide-eyed.

 

“I…I will! I definitely will!” he grabbed hold of her hand and rested it in his chest, holding the promise deep in his heart.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

He wouldn’t let a day pass without making her feel beautiful and loved. Even though she was seated rows in front of him, she could still feel his stare, heating the back of her neck. She wouldn’t dare look over her shoulder, knowing full well that that was what he wanted. The first time she did, Jiyong winked at her and flashed his disarming smile awakening the butterflies in her stomach. He turned her into a mess, helplessly drowning in his affection.

 

Jiyong revelled every time her cheeks would flame with every little thing he did – especially when he would shamelessly cheer for her during gym class. Much to her surprise, her embarrassment and annoyance was a force to reckon with during the game as her pent up emotions translated into strength and agility she didn’t know she possessed. But he knew that she had it within her; she just needs a little push. He wanted her to feel good about herself and to find out how amazing she is.

 

He heard the rush of footsteps approaching but he remained still on the bench, lying on his back with an arm draped over his eyes.

 

“Jiyong-shii.”

 

He almost fell to the ground hearing his angel’s voice. He sat up rather too quickly, making him a little dizzy. She was red, her lips slightly parted as she panted for air. She had her hands on her knees, her hair dangling to the sides of her face.

 

“What happened? Are club activities and student council responsibilities getting tough?”

 

He gaped at her, too stunned to feel her concern.

 

“The…the results are out…and you…well, you…”

 

He found her cute, stammering at her words, as she tried to tell him about the exam results. He knew very well how well or rather, bad he did.

 

A smile touched his lips as his hand reached for her cheek, caressing it gently. “Don’t worry about me. How about you? Are you happy with yours?”

 

She lifted her head and smiled, “Well I –“

 

“Go on,” he encouraged, smiling at her.

 

She stared at him for a moment then her eyes narrowed into slits. “I never thought you would do this to me. I don’t need your pity.”

 

“It’s not like that. I just –“

 

“It is like that,” she stressed, eyes burning with annoyance. “Thanks for making me feel so much better.”

 

And before he could say anything, she walked out on him. The following days were pure torture as she never spared him even a glance. But he wasn’t one to give up. He would give his all to earn her forgiveness.

 

Days after that unfortunate incident, she found a stuffed toy atop her desk. It was a white and brown little pup with big watery brown eyes. Her eye twitched knowing who it was from even without the card.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She bit her lips at the sound of remorse in his voice. She turned to her side and saw Jiyong staring at her with puppy dog eyes, his hands behind him. She was definitely no angel, like Jiyong sometimes calls her, but she couldn’t resist the look he was giving her. She had already forgiven him but she thought if she remained ‘angry’ with him, he would just give up and leave her alone.

 

Taking the pup in her arms, she finally smiled at him after a week. “You’re forgiven.”

 

Jiyong couldn’t hide the relief and the excitement he felt as he hugged her, erupting cheers from the students who had just returned from their lunch break.

 

So, with much control in his part, he gave her complete reign on everything and shunned away from meddling with her business.

 

_________________________________________________________________

Please log in to read the full chapter