Chapter 2: Friends ?

Popular boy

It was supposed to be their first study session but the popular senior was late. Youngjae nearly got kill when he told Jongup about studying with Daehyun. Maybe he wouldn't come, this was only to prank him or something like that. After days of hesitation, he finally called the older who was not even here.

"Sorry sorry I'm late" Said Daehyun in hurry with a ton of books and glasses on the bridge of his nose. What? glasses? It was the first time for Youngjae to see him with glasses. He had to admit he was cute.

"I thought you dumped me" Said Youngjae quite annoyed by his thoughts. The library which was empty was now crowded by fangirls, even fanboys. Daehyun didn't seemed to care, he must be used to followers, but not Youngjae.

The older noticed the look of uneasy on the other face.

"Next time it's better we go to my place" He sat next to Youngjae.

"I didn't know you wear glasses" Stated the boxer. Not like he would care before.

"I don't always wear them, I just look hotter with them" yeah of course hotter, he already know he was hot. Not that Youngjae think he was hot, not at all.

"Hmm okay let's begin" Said Youngjae before Daehyun could make a narcissistic speech.

Daehyun took his notes and Youngjae's so that they could complete their notes. Since they study the same things but with a different professor, they had more notes from different point of view some more or less easier to learn. The advantage of sharing the work.

"Oh I thought since your tournament don't begin before next month we could use this time to get to know each other and studying at the same time" Proposed Daehyun. Was it a good idea ? Get to know each other mean being kind of friends no ? Despite being popular Daehyun was not a bad guy.

"Well there's nothing in particular I want to know about you and my life is not that interesting" How to say someone you don't want to be involve in their life by Youngjae.

"Come on I want to know you" Whined Daehyun.

"Okay but one question per study session alright?" Suggested Youngjae.

"Yeah let's start now question of the day, are you single or interesting in someone?" Asked Daehyun.

"Technically it's two questions Daehyun" Smiled Youngjae, but when he sees Daehyun’s pleaded eyes, he decided to answer the double question. Not like he has something to have "Okay, I'm not with anyone nor interested in someone" He answered. Daehyun seemed satisfied by the answer.

"Okay. Your turn to ask me something"

"I told you I don't need to know anything" Added Youngjae.

"Not even a single thing ? Am I that uninteresting to you ?" Pouted Daehyun. This guy was really a kid seriously.

"Alright I have a question. Do.. You.. like studying ?" The question was stupid but it was a question. Daehyun looked at him like he said something dumb. Well it was the case.

"I like studying with you." That's how they began to know more about each other.

The boxing tournament came eventually, they decided to study almost every day at Daehyun's house if we can call his place a house. It was the older who suggested it seeing how uncomfortable was Youngjae under all the gazes. Curiously, Daehyun hadn't try to flirt with him or ask weird questions. His questions were to 'Do you live with your parents?' to 'What's your ideal job?'. Today tough he was decided to know more interesting things about the younger.

Youngjae was copying the other's notes while this one was looking at him with a shy smile. Youngjae raised the head feeling a gaze on him.

"Are you okay ?" He asked Daehyun as if the man was sick or something.

"Yeah I just thought about something" he smiled brighter this time.

"spill out" Said Youngjae no really trusting the other's mind.

"Since we lost a study session per week with your tournament, we can ask not one but two questions about each others." He proposed.

"If that's what you want okay" nodded Youngjae. It was not a problem, it was not too personal questions so why not?

"Okay I ask one then you. Should I ask now?"

Youngjae just nodded not really interested but more on his work.

"Hm okay. What do you think of me?" Asked Daehyun taking Youngjae by surprise. In what this question would get him to know more about Youngjae ?

"I think you're cool and... You take good notes. Is that satisfying?" Daehyun shook his head.

"I meant physically do you think I'm hot or y or... I don't know." Honestly Daehyun expected this kind or answer, he asked that on purpose. If Youngjae would have answer about the physics, he would have say not physically but mentally. Far from stupid the guy.

"Well You're... Beautiful... For a man. You're. Sorry dude but you know complementing a guy it's weird for me but I must admit you're not popular for nothing." He finally replied quite embarrassed.

"Thank you, I take that as I'm hot. You're turn ask me something similar. Or about my love life"

"Okay. How many girls did you date ?" Youngjae was not interested in Daehyun's love story but he wanted to know if he was only gay or bi, just by curiosity.

"Zero. I never been attracted to girls. Only boys. Especially muscle boys like you." He replied with a wink. Youngjae gulped. " My turn. Nice question. Can I come to your combat Wednesday?"

"I don't think it's your thing but if you want to come you're welcome. Do you want me to pick you up?" He asked to avoid his turn to question.

"No I'll ask Yongguk, he told me he will come" Since Yongguk didn't participate the tournament, it's was better than the risk of getting Youngjae late.

"Okay. It was my question by the way." Said Youngjae nonchalantly.

"What !? But it's cheating." Replied Daehyun.

"Nope, just a nice question like you said" Said Youngjae playfully. He thought it was fun to tease the older, his reactions worth it.

-----

"So ?" Asked Jongup.

"So what?" Asked Youngjae to his turn. He was practicing his boxe moves and technical in his bedroom when his friend decided to pay him a visit.

"You know what I want to know" Jumped Jongup out of the bed.

"What do you want to know?" Sighed Youngjae. He couldn't stay concentrated since the younger came. Distraction was not what he needed right now.

"You see Daehyun almost everyday, how is it ? Are you falling in love yet?" For Jongup, it was impossible not falling in love with Daehyun

"Are you crazy?" Yelled Youngjae.

"Listen. I'm a good friend who cares about you so I let you have the love of my life. Just say thanks." As if Youngjae was interested in his love.

"Can you leave now" Said Youngjae exasperated. Jongup raised his hands in surrender ready to leave.

"Tell me when you ask him out" He shouted from the stairs. Youngjae did his best not to running after him.

--------

"Youngjae" Called Yongguk. The concerned one get off the ring. His coach praised him for his game before letting him join his 'friends'.

"So you did come" He said to Daehyun once on the floor. His towel was hanging on his shoulder.

"Of course did you think I was joking around? Congrats by the way, you did well" Daehyun patted his shoulder. Yes, Youngjae won the match. He was qualified for the final only. He made his adversary K.O. on the second round. That's how he got credit for the final.

"Let's celebrate your victory man" Proposed Yongguk once he had the occasion to talk.

"Okay" In other occasions he would have refuse but right now he was too happy.


 

"Damn, the way you made that guy fly. BAM. Awesome." Blabbered the older of the three. They were in a bar, celebrating like they said.

"Yeah thanks I did my best." Replied Youngjae taking a sip of his beer. His eyes landed on Daehyun each time. His study buddy looked stunning tonight. He wasn't different from the other day yet there's something different in Youngjae's eyes.

"Did you like the fight? It wasn't too boring?" He asked Daehyun.

"I liked it, it was hotter than a football game and so manly. I had the chance to see you shirtless, it was so worth it." Yongguk shook his head and Youngjae just laughed.

"If you wanted to see my abs you just had to ask" Teased Youngjae.

"I don't know what you two do at your study sessions, but don't tempt him Jae." Advised the elder.

"Hyung didn't you tell me you were supposed to meet Chan" He sent a insisted glare at the concerned one, oblivious to Youngjae.

"Yeah you right" He answered after a long break. "I better go now. Play nice you two." Without waiting for an answer, he left the place.

"We should probably go, it was his idea to celebrate after all." Proposed the boxer.

"Are you sure? One more drink and we go?" Daehyun was already calling the waiter before Youngjae could say anything. "What do you want?"

"Something without alcohol. I drive." Youngjae let the other ordering.

"Do you want to go to my place, we can watch a movie or something?" Said Daehyun handed him his glass.

"I don't think it's a good idea." Replied hesitantly Youngjae.

"Why's that?"

"We're having a drink together, we study together, you came to my fight. It would be weird." He was spending to much time with the older. He was developing some weird feelings he couldn't name. It was bad.

"It's what friend do" Insisted Daehyun. That was the problem.

"But we're not friends." Nearly screamed Youngjae. At least he said it. After the tournament, everything would be like before. All of this was just permanent.

"Wow. I thought this last weeks I was making you like me. Not as much as I like you but at least as friend." Youngjae wanted to laugh at that.

"Look at us man. We're too different. Before you knew I'm an athlete I was nothing to you. You don't like me, you like that I'm a boxer." That was why this new feelings scared Youngjae. He didn't want to get attached to someone he wouldn't even spare a glance in other occasions. They were too different. The beauty and the beast. Youngjae was the poor kid from the hood and Daehyun was the rich from the rich neighborhood. The impossible match for the younger.

"Is that so? In that case, I won't waste your time anymore." With that, Daehyun left the bar eyes bright of tears.