Chapter 3: Pride

Popular boy

After the bar incident, the study sessions became cold. Not awkward, cold. There was a distance between them. They didn't talk during their study. After Youngjae's won the tournament, they stopped seeing each other completly. Youngjae was even surprise Daehyun still wanted to help him after that. That was the part which made him feel bad, even if he kept denying it. He really was the bad guy in the story.

When they would see each other in the corridor of the school, they would ignore the other.

"You should talk to him." Said Jongup. Youngjae didn't tell him anything about what happened, but the not that stupid boy seem to always know everything.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Denied Youngjae. He was not the type to talk about his feelings to people. Even his friends.

"I talk about the way you look at them like you want to kill that guy too close to him." They were in the lockers where they had a good view of a guy flirting with Daehyun.

"I don't give a about them." He slammed harshly his locker, drawing attention of the students including Daehyun and the clingy guy.

"This is exactly the reaction of jealousy." Whispered Jongup before leaving Youngjae alone.


 

Jongup was wrong, Youngjae wasn't jealous. If he was, it would have mean he liked Daehyun. Hell no, was not his thing. Why liking someone who couldn't stay in a relationship more than a month. Maybe he shouldn't have acting the way he did. Daehyun simply invited him nicely, he should have just say no.

Why thinking about that. Everything became like before. Daehyun and Youngjae were like before, strangers. That was what the later wanted right!? Or maybe he should apologize and he would feel better. No. Why would he feel better!?


 

"Hey Youngjae" One of the person Youngjae tried to avoid since the bar, called.

"Yes. Be quick I gotta go." Youngjae pretended to read his watch.

"What the problem with you?" Scolded Yongguk. "Do you how broken is Daehyun ? Why do you always need to be harsh ?" That was exactly why Youngjae avoided him.

"I'm always like that why would I change? And seriously man I saw Daehyun already, looks like he's not that broken." The opposite.

"What do you kn-"

"Yoo Youngjae" Someone screamed. Youngjae jumped a bit, surprise. Himchan himself was stomping toward him. "You may be the best boxer of the country or even of the world, if you keep hurting my friend I'll kill you without hesitation." He threatened pointing his finger.

"What now?" So much noise for nothing.

"Do you know since when Daehyun like you? Don't you think it's curious how Yongguk and you never talked in school and one day he decided to talk to you? You stupid boy you better apologize to him." Youngjae never thought about all of this but now it made him curious.

"Why should I apologize? I don't regret what I said." He answered the face emotionless.

"Come on don't act so tough, your muscle friend told us how bad you feel and how jealous you are." Jongup was definitely a dead man for Youngjae.

"Even if you don't want to be involve with him you should at least apologize for the bad things you said. He really like you a-"

"What he doesn't want to be involve. Of course he wants." Himchan cut his boyfriend.

"Himchan, they will talk and decide of what they want." Added Yongguk.

"Alright" Calmed Himchan. What made them say Youngjae wanted to talk to Daehyun?

"If you're done, I have to go." Said quietly Youngjae still in his thoughts.


 

He kept asking himself what was he doing here. This neighborhood which became so familiar to him lastly. He did nothing wrong, but a part of him regretted all that happened. He was the one who had to make things better, pick up the pieces while he can.

He gathered his courage and knocked on the door facing him. After some seconds, the door opened. He recognized the clingy guy from earlier. He gritted his teeth unconsciously.

"Daehyun’s in the shower. Need somethin' ?" Asked the man.

"No it's okay. I knew I shouldn't come."  He felt so stupid now. He was about to leave when a hand caught his wrist.

"Youngjae!?" It took Youngjae five seconds to register what's happening. He turned to the voice.

"Hey hi" He answered avoiding the glance on him.

"You want to talk?" Asked softly Daehyun.

"No it's okay it's nothing important anyway, you seem busy I'm sorry." This time he couldn't hide his irritation, he was jealous.

"So jealous, please tell me he is not your ex." The guy said. Youngjae saw red, this er was getting on his nerves.

"And what if I am !?" Youngjae pushed the man against the door. "Why the would you care." He asked, hard grip on his collar.

"I- I don't know. You do what you want." The clingy er was scared as hell. He didn't know Youngjae had so much strength. Heck he thought he was a nerd.

"Now get out." Youngjae threw the man on the floor. Once the guy gone Daehyun turned to Youngjae.

"Why did you do that?" He asked a hint of irritation in the voice.

"I don't trust him." Alone with you Youngjae wanted to add.

"What's the matter of you trusting him ? We're nothing, you and me are nothing." Insisted Daehyun. That was why Youngjae told him though.

"Don't say that, I was drunk when I told you all this things." Lied Youngjae on the drunk part.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" You drank a beer. Not even two, one." A big boy built like the boxer couldn't be that weak thought Daehyun.

"Okay I wasn't drunk. But I really am sorry. Well was, I see you didn't waste time to move on" How could someone could move on that fast? Himchan did say Daehyun liked him right !? That's why he didn't trust Daehyun at first.

"If you're here to judge me you can go." Replied the other, feeling insulted. Youngjae began to panic, he didn't want to be in bad terms with Daehyun. Not again. It was so hard. He had to swallow his pride. 

"Please forgive him. For what I said. All the things, including what I just said" Practically begged Youngjae. He realized how much he missed talking with the other, hearing his soft voice. The hurt expression on his face was the worst, he wanted to never be the cause of that again. 

"You know that poor guy you threw on the hard floor, nicely accepted to make me forget about the one who hurt me. Which means you. And you made him leave." Daehyun said arms crossed. 

"Well maybe if you accept my apologies, I can replace him and make you forget about what I did?" Youngjae suggested.

"As if I can resist you anyway." Daehyun opened the door for Youngjae to come." Wait." He placed a hand on Youngjae's chest stopping him. "What exactly do you want?" Daehyun wasn't sure they were talking about the same way of 'make him forget'

"I- I just want to be friend with you." Replied Youngjae.

"Just friends" Asked Daehyun.

"Well yeah!" Frowned Youngjae not understanding what the other mean.

"Nothing more?" The asking made Youngjae froze.

"I- I- I'm not ready fo- for that yet." Stuttered Youngjae. The yet satisfied Daehyun.

"I'll wait for you then." Daehyun said with a peck on Youngjae's lips.