Chapter 1: Breaking News

Popular boy

The news came out like a bomb this morning, the popular senior Daehyun and his captain of the soccer team boyfriend broke up. This was the main subject of the day. But really, who cares about it. Certainly not Youngjae, sure he heard about that Daehyun guy, he was popular after all but if the guy appears in front of him, he wouldn't know it's him. Youngjae was a senior too but in a different class.

"Hey Jae did you heard the news, the most beautiful boy in the world is single. Do you think I have my chances." Jongup coming from nowhere shouted in Youngjae's ears.

"Unless you wear sports uniform you don't have chances Up." Answers Youngjae nonchalantly. Why is everybody obsessed with this guy, who probably dates all the soccer team.

"Hey maybe you could get him, you do boxing and you have a pretty built body under this uniform." Teased the younger. Jongup was a junior with his brother Junhong a.k.a Zelo in the same high school. They were friends since before school, they live in the same hood.

"No thanks I'm not interested and I'm not gay I already told you." He scrunched his nose disgusted. He was not homophobic, but he thought it was weird to date someone the same gender, especially gay . He couldn't imagine a in his , it was unthinkable for him.

"If you say so" He walked past Youngjae, running towards his class.

"Aish this guy, why am I friend with him!?" Youngjae scratched the back of his head before going to his own class.

-----

Oh God he survived the first period of the day. It was not like he hates school but you know, everything they learn in class are in books. Don't think he's a nerd or some loser like that. He admits he was not the guy you notice first when you enter the class, being the boy in the last sit of the last row, he just prefers loneliness. He doesn't want this hypocritical bastards called classmates to like him because he does sports or popular things. That's why he does boxing out of school, only one person (except Jongup and Zelo) knew about that. It was Bang Yongguk, a senior in the other class. He is popular in high school probably because of his scary look and sports skills. He is in the same boxing club as Youngjae but the younger told him not to say it to anyone. Honestly Youngjae suspects him to revealed it to Himchan, he is his boyfriend after all but he doesn't mind, they didn't say anything around school.

"What do we have today hmm... Cheeseburger with French fries, cool. Thursday is the best" Zelo pumped his fist in victory, Jongup soon joined him in his moment of happiness. Thursday they always have "junk food" in cafeteria. This is the only day the brothers don't bring their lunchbox.

Youngjae was done eating a long time ago, his class was over half an hour before his friends and he was too hungry to wait for them. Now he is bored.

"Hey Jae Yongguk made us sign to call you over 'here" Jongup snapped his fingers in two centimeters of Youngjae's face who just blinks furiously. What does he want ? They never talk in school. He left the table to join the elder's. There is his boyfriend and another guy Youngjae was not sure he knows. His head looks familiar though, he is convinced of it.

"Called me ?" Asked Youngjae without greeting them. He hates when people call him like he's at their disposal, why wouldn't he come himself. Still they shake hands, so to be polite Youngjae shakes the two others hands too.

"The coach told me to give you that, you didn't come to training yesterday ?" He handed the paper for the boxing tournament.

"Thanks, I was busy with... Something." Thought Youngjae, in fact he had an assignment to do. It was his first time missing training though.

"Busy with a girl Hm?" He teased, he is always like this with Youngjae out of school. But they are in school now.

"Kind of." Lied Youngjae. That's cooler to say you're with a girl than with homework.

"I knew you were a playboy" he jokes. "Do you participate ?" He indicates the paper now in Youngjae's hand. "Coach really wants you to, otherwise, he would have wait until the next training to give it to you."

"I don't know yet. With exams and all this to do. I'll think about it" he passes a hand in his hair reading the paper. He wants to do the tournament. It's a dream for him. Boxing is all his life, his father initiated him to it. They shared this passion until his death, it would be a tribute to him and an honor for Youngjae.

"You know all the chances are by your side. I think you can win man." Added Yongguk giving him hope.

"Hm maybe." He says more to himself. He took a look at his watch. His friends are probably waiting for him. "I gotta go my buds are waiting for me. See you Wednesday Yongguk hyung, bye" he turned to the two other figures. " Himchan" he bows his head politely "and?" He asked to the familiar but yet unknown man.

"Daehyun" answered the pretty guy.

"Oh" Youngjae just says so this is the famous Daehyun. He didn't understand why all girls are after him. Even if wouldn't have date the captain of the soccer team he was obviously gay. Seriously who wears makeup other that girls and artists.

"I think you're the only person of this high school who doesn't know Dae." Exclaimed Himchan quite shock or more like surprise. Or both.

"I knew your face, your name but I didn't knew you were the same person." The answer made the popular boy smile. "Anyway, see you guys" With a wave of hand Youngjae left.

"What did he want ? I saw you talking with Daehyun what did you tell him." 'harass' Jongup with questions as soon as he comes back.

"One, it was about boxing so drop it and two, why didn't you tell me Daehyun was that guy" He sure looked stupid, everybody knows Daehyun.

"What ? You didn't know? Who do you think he would be? Nobody is prettier than him." Stated Jongup. "Hey it means Daehyun knows about you boxing, he will probably try to get you." Pouted Jongup. Youngjae didn't think about it but it was true, Daehyun knows. He hopes he will not tell it to anyone. If one person then one person then another know, the entire high school will know. If he remembers, Daehyun didn't seemed to care about it. It was better that way.

"Don't worry about that. We're the total opposite" shrugged Youngjae.

-------------

"Jae can you drive us home, our car is getting fix." Asks Zelo already in the car. He knows his hyung will say yes anyway. He doesn't need an answer.

"What did you plan for tonight hyung? Watching ?" The younger of the three asked as if it was normal question.

"I have to study Zelo, and I do not watch ." He paused between each syllables.

"No he reads it Zelo did you forget the collect under his bed" Finished the other brother. That's why Youngjae always question their friendship. He decided to ignore them.

"When will your car be ready?" He wouldn't spend a week driving them. Even if they live in the same hood.

"Tomorrow or after tomorrow." Answered Jongup concentrated on the radio station. He stopped on a girls band song and dances with his brother all the way home. It was the longest driving of all time for Youngjae.


 

"Mom I'm here." Youngjae called his mother. She was cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh you're really here my son It's not me who heard voices." She washed her hand and greeted her son with a kiss on the cheeks.

"How was school ?" She asked back on her cooking.

"As usual, interesting" he answered. His mother appreciates the fact he took school seriously, he was eighteen and was already the man of the house.

"Are you going to jog before dinner ?" She asked, she knew it was a way for his son to unwind after school.

"Yeah I'm gonna change" He kissed his mother's cheek and go change his uniform to sweatpants and hoodie.

Once outside, headphone on his ears and hood on his head, he was ready. 

After that he makes his usual tour, in the park, near the playground and near the place he does boxing. Today he decided to cross the rich neighborhood where live nearly all the rich bastards of his school. There were big houses or even mansions. Himself lives in a crappy appart with his mother in a crappy hood. His mother was a cashier and he cleaned up his training place to afford his passion. Youngjae is lucky to have a scholarship.

An hour later, he goes home sweaty but feeling more relax. His mother sent him shower before dinner. Hungry, he takes a quick shower and joins his mother at table.


 

"What with the head ?" Greeted Jongup "Rough night" he joked.

Youngjae didn't sleep at all, he studied then tried to get some sleep but all he was thinking was the boxing tournament. He wants to sign up. He is good enough to participate. But this is his last year of high school and he wants to put all his efforts in it. Most of the students here don't have to worry about their future, but he is not rich like them. He knows he wont sleep until he doesn't give an answer.

"Are you listen to me Jae." Jongup sorted him out of his thoughts.

"What? Sorry I didn't catch what you said." He yawned cutely.

"I said the English class is on a trip, all the seniors classes are free, you can go home." He stated. Youngjae frown, why didn't he know that ? Does it mean all the pupils of his class are here for nothing ?

" I came for nothing, I could have sleepover (or just sleep would have be enough)" Cursed Youngjae.

"I'll just go home then." He thought. He crossed the hall school ready to go home. He opened his car door but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. By reflex he turned around and do an arm lock to the intruder and pushed the head against the window of the car.

"Stop stop Youngjae it's me Yongguk." Said a muffle voice. Youngjae gently let go of his hyung. He raised the head to see Himchan and Daehyun looking at him mouth open and wide eyes.

"Sorry." He scratched the back of his neck. He thought it was a robber. He is from a quite dangerous hood after all.

"Wow that was hot" said Daehyun. Yongguk glares at him then reports his attention on Youngjae.

"I just wanted to proposes you to come with us to a café." Youngjae took a look at the two others who just nodded.

"I have things to do sorry" He said opening the door again.

"Man you just knew classes were cancelled, you just planned to go to school" He stated. He was not completely wrong.

"Okay, no offence but I don't hang out with people from school, especially your crowd, you know, popular." He answered sighting.

"Why not ? We'll just talk a bit and there will be nobody from school where we go." Yongguk is not vexed, he knew why Youngjae keeps his boxing secret.

"Where is it?" Sighs again Youngjae.

"Just follow me you'll see" He screamed running to his car.

He didn't answer, the older was already gone with his friends.

-----

"Oh you actually followed" Smiled Yongguk. Youngjae isn't that happy, he wanted to sleep not going to a coffee shop. The older never asked him to go out before, why now ? So suddenly?

They sat on a table in the middle of the place. Why do popular people always need to go where everyone can see them?

"I can't stay too long" Youngjae said taking the menu. Maybe it is a good idea to come and have something hot, It's cold outside and it's not expansive.

They orders theirs drink rapidly.

"So, Did you think about the tournament?" Asks Yongguk.

"I only thought about it. I couldn't sleep last night. I need more time" He his lips thinking again.

"You should go Youngjae you're good." Advised Himchan.

"I know I can do it but I have to stay concentrated on school. I'm not a rich kid, I have to care about my future right now." He didn't want to make them feel bad because they have rich parents, he's telling the simple truth.

"You know if you want you can participate to the boxing tournament and Daehyun can help you with school stuff. He is the top of our class." Yongguk gave Daehyun a knowing glance missed by Youngjae.

"I don't have troubles with school. I just don't know if I can do both. I'm afraid of being more into boxing than school." Explained Youngjae. And he doesn't think it's a good idea to be seen around Daehyun at school.

"Listen, You do the boxing and Dae will help you study, he will only help you giving your best at studying, it's not like tutoring. And you'll be able to read his notes, our classes study the same thing." Himchan tried to convince. Their drinks come, they thanks the waiter.

"Wait. You don't even ask your friend if he wants to help me study? I don't want to force him" They talk about Daehyun like he was not here. What if he doesn't want to help Youngjae?

"It's not a problem for me we can even start right now" Said quickly Daehyun. Youngjae's eyes were wide. He didn't think he would accept that easily.

"Well" Youngjae passed a hand through his hair, something he always does when he thinks. "If you're really sure it doesn't bother you, okay." If Daehyun is the top of the class it can only be good for Youngjae.

"We can start next week" Smiled Daehyun from ear to ear. Youngjae doesn't understand why is he so happy about studying.

"But the tournament begins next month" Frown Youngjae.

"I know but you should take an habit of our study session." Daehyun wrote something on a paper and handed it to Youngjae. "It's my number, tell me when you're free." He said a flirty tone.

"Alright" Nodded Youngjae reading the paper. "Thanks for the drink guys I have to go." He putted his wallet out of his pocket but Yongguk prevents him and shakes his head.

"I insisted for you to come, I pay" Youngjae hesitated, he hated when people pay for him. He feels like they pity him, but if he can keep his money it could only be good.


 

"You owe me Dae" Said Yongguk once Youngjae is gone.