TWO

My Song's Melody

 

 

 

“A relationship isn’t just about clouds and those stupid butterflies in stomach. You’ll experience much more than that. Trust me, it would be a hard long way. But you’ll understand why you even started to get inside that hole.”

 

Jin was walking at the hallway, slightly skipping and humming towards Taehyung's classroom. It's lunchtime and he just thought that maybe they could eat together. What does he want for lunch? Hoseok-ah said he likes meat a lot. Should we eat bulgogi or—

"Uhm, excuse me?"

His thoughts suddenly came to a halt as he looked at the three girls in front of him. Who are they? They look like they’re in a higher year. Why would sunbaes approach me? But I didn’t jump at the fence today and I was so sure no one caught me pulling off the flowers at the back of the principal’s office.

The girl at the middle decided to ask him. "Well... We kinda saw you and Taehyung-ssi earlier. You know... Uhm, you were hugging and we're curious if there's something between you two? It's okay if you don't want to answer."

"Yes."

"Eh?"

He nodded. "Yeah, we just started dating and I— “

"SEOKJIN HYUNG!!!"

They all looked at the guy who shouted his name at the top of his lungs (okay I was just exaggerating) and was directly looking at him. Just... not kind of happy. He walked towards Taehyung.

"What are you doing here?" His knotted brows and pressed lips gave off a feeling that something isn’t going very well.

Between them.

He tried to give him a smile, even he was nervous as . "To see you of course! Can we go and eat together?"

They heard whispers around and giggles from the three girls.

Taehyung sighed and his shoulders dropped. "Come with me." He said and then started to walk.

He frowned and just walked behind him. Thoughts started eating his reasoning, maybe Taehyung would break up with him. Maybe he would lose him before he could even get him. Maybe he’ll decide to cut the only thing he had been holding on to.

And then they stopped behind a building.

"Hyung."

"W-What?" Jin asked nervously when he noticed Taehyung was firmly looking at him. No, there's no heart that's about to go out of my chest.

"I've already agreed dating you so maybe you could at least agree on what I'm about to say?"

He let out a sigh of relief. I thought he was going to break up with me. "Y-yeah, okay." Jin said nervously, along with a little nod. He was still tense; he doesn’t have any clue of what Taehyung would have to say.

"Don't tell anyone about us."

"What?"

"Look. Guys… dating isn't normal, y'know? I don't want unnecessary attention. Let's just... be private for now. No confirmation about our relationship."

Jin’s brows knotted. What, we're gonna be just like what we used to be?

"Hyung." He called. His eyes a little hoping.

Jin sighed. Well this is what their relationship should be. They must agree on things or he’ll lose him forever. And he’ll chose the first one since Taehyung’s still his, right? That's what matters? "O-Okay." One word but it feels so hard to say.

He smiled. His eyes crinkled and that box smile was back again. Okay, he smiled. I'm okay now. As long as Taehyung’s happy, nothing matters anymore.

"Let's... go home together later, okay?"

“Wha—Go home... together?” What does he mean together? We’ll go home... together?

What the heck Kim Seok Jin, straight up your mind.

Taehyung nodded and smiled. "Yep. Okay let's go back now. The classes are about to start."

 

But then he walked away before Jin could even grab his hand.