ONE

My Song's Melody

 

 

 

“You just kind of do things without thinking at all. Where only thoughts of him just filled your mind. So when that time comes, try listening to your heart.”

 

Jin glanced at the male not far away from him. With that red hair and tall stature, he could always spot him in a crowd or even a mile away. He was laughing loudly with Jimin and Hoseok, even sharing hugs and handshakes. He knows it was just pure affection for friends (or maybe at least what I had been telling to myself) but the pang at his heart wasn't something he could bear for a long time.

It wasn’t that long when Jin felt like this. When his heart clenches every time he could see him smiling. When his eyes automatically search and steal glances on him. Or even when he just felt so happy with their hands brushing. It wasn’t long. And he doesn’t know what it is. It’s like a song with missing words, a song with no tune.

He quickly stepped towards them.

"TAEHYUNG!"

He shouted. Yes, I shouted his name, what the . Taehyung jumped a little and straightened his back before he turned to face him. "W-What hyung?"

Jin grabbed his hands and dragged him outside. "I have something to tell you." His hands were badly trembling, and his knees are somewhat wanting to give in. But he can’t afford to back out now.

Taehyung gave him a smile. "Sure. What is it, hyung?"

He looked into Taehyung’s eyes. He looked at that beautiful dark brown eyes that was staring back at him, uneasy. It was scary, that with what he’s going to say, the thin string left that binds them is the one he’s pulling onto right now. He was hoping that maybe there’s a little chance for this to work out.

"Go out with me."

Taehyung’s smile faded.

"Please go out with me."

He may sound desperate, but he wanted Taehyung. And a please doesn’t hurt that much. If it’s Taehyung, maybe he could do the most ridiculous thing he could do and wouldn’t even mind it a bit.

 

"Hyung... What's with you? Is this a joke? Y-You know this isn't funny."

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

The truth is, he doesn't know what he’s feeling right now. Or what will he feel in the future. He doesn't know if he like him or this is just some stupid that's been going on his head. But this is the only way he got to answer this. It was a selfish decision, not thinking of what Taehyung would feel just to answer his own questions but he was hoping this would lead to something better for the both of them.

Taehyung fell silent for a long time that there’s a little part of him that had been itching to take back everything that he just said. Say that it's all a prank and laugh at his face or what. He was growing anxious with every second that passes, maybe it was really wrong to start this bull. Until Taehyung looked at him and gave him an answer.

"Okay. I'll go out with you."

The time stopped, or maybe his mind did.

"Hyung, I said I'll go out with you. Are you okay? You should be hap—hey, what the , why are you crying?" Taehyung said as he wipes the liquid running out of his eyes, doesn’t have a clue on how he would be able to stop it.

Jin pulled Taehyung into an embrace. He tightly wrapped his hands in him, he was just so happy. He was so happy that he didn't even notice that Taehyung’s hands were just on his side.

 

He was the only one hugging.