The seventh sense

The 7th Sense

( 3 years later, China )

 

A man in his thirties was in the middle of cleaning up the counter where he cooked. After he was finished, he checked around the rooms, trying to find if there was still anyone left in the restaurant.

Sure enough, the youngest worker in the restaurant, clad in his blue traditional clothes, which only the waiters wore there, was still busy cleaning up a table that one of the late customers left. The man decided to get the younger’s attention by clearing his throat, which made the younger look at him with the deer-in-the-headlight look on his face.

“Sicheng, are you done?”

“Ah, just a little more!” Sicheng replied, getting a bit more quickly in cleaning the table.

“You know what, I’ll leave first. Make sure you lock up all the doors before you leave, okay?”

Sicheng stopped in his tracks, his face beaming at the chef. “Okay!”

“Then, see you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow!” he cheerfully replied as the chef turned and left him alone in the restaurant. After he was done cleaning, he went to the kitchen to put the used teapot and cups in the sink.

Looking at the teapot, he was suddenly craving for some tea, so he decided to make himself some tea and pour it inside another clean teapot. He also grabbed a small cup for the tea. Then he brought the whole tea set to one of the tables in the restaurant.

Since the restaurant had closed, no one could be seen there besides himself, so Sicheng took his time to enjoy the tea before going back home. Through the small opened window in the room, he could see a little ray of moonlight coming through. He poured the tea into the small cup he picked up earlier and slowly drank it, knowing it was still hot.

As he finished the content in the cup, he was going to pour himself another cup when he noticed a white moth was on the teapot. He didn’t notice the moth coming in, but probably because he was too into his tea time. Then he started thinking of the old folk stories telling of what a white moth symbolized, and as he thought about it, he felt shiver all over him.

The sudden ringing of the restaurant bell made him jump in the spot where he sat. Surely it wouldn’t be a ghost visiting the restaurant late at this night? Sicheng didn’t really believe in ghosts, but there was no other explanation that made sense to him at this moment other than that. Although being the brat he was, he went to check if there was really any human being left in the restaurant. Perhaps it was a fellow worker who probably just wanted to see if the bell was still working or just didn’t have anything better to do than bothering him from his peaceful tea time.

As he peeked through the curtains that separated the room where he was in to the room on the other side, he let out a sigh of relief to see it was someone he could see, or at least he was sure it was a human being. The previous worker hadn’t locked the door when he left, so that must be why the person, who seemed to be a young man, could come in and was now looking at the menu placed on the wall behind the counter. Sicheng decided to cross the curtain and cleared his throat. He had to tell the man the restaurant was closed already.

“Excuse me,” he started, and when the young man turned around, the next thing he wanted to say was stuck in his throat. He couldn’t believe who he was seeing right in front of him.

“Jaehyun?” he accidentally let himself call for the name, but it wasn’t loud enough. At least he hoped it wasn’t loud enough, because the young man in front of him still looked oblivious at the fact that Sicheng had just called his name.

“Sorry, the restaurant closed?” he asked in broken Chinese, complete with gestures that signaled the restaurant closing. Sicheng was feeling out of it, he almost couldn’t find it in him to answer because he felt like he was seeing something even scarier than ghosts, yet he had to response because Jaehyun didn’t seem like he recognized him as Winwin, and he really looked like he was expecting an answer from him.

“Ah, yes. It’s closed,” Sicheng replied in Korean, which he didn’t even realize because it just came out thanks to the shock that he got over seeing him again.

“Oh?” Jaehyun seemed surprised at the reply. “You can speak Korean?”

“Oh?” Sicheng felt like hitting himself over the slip. He didn’t know if it was good or bad that he spoke to him in Korean, but he was leaning towards the latter. “Well, I lived in Korea for some years... that’s why.”

“Oh.” Jaehyun nodded at the reply, which made Sicheng relieved for a moment. “Well, the restaurant will be opened tomorrow, right?”

“Ah? Oh, yes. From 10 am to 10 pm.”

“10 am to 10 pm? Okay. I’ll come here during lunch time tomorrow then. Thank you.”

As Jaehyun was about to leave the restaurant, something was starting to plague Sicheng’s mind again. With that, he shouted, “Wait!”

The boy stopped in his tracks and turned back to Sicheng. “Yes?”

“Uh, what’s your name? I—” Sicheng was stalling the time, trying to figure out a reason, which he finally found. “If you want to come for lunch, you better make some reservation, because usually it will be crowded during lunch time. Yeah.”

“Ah, really? Then what should I do?”

“Just... well, just leave your name and I’ll make sure you’ll get a table tomorrow.”

“Okay, but is it fine if I use my Korean name? I don’t really know the Chinese character of my name, so...”

“It’s fine.” Sicheng took out a note used to accept orders to make it look more convincing.

“It’s Jung Yoonoh.”

“Say it again?”

“Jung~ Yoon~ Oh~”

Sicheng wrote the name in Hangul and showed it to him. “Is it right?”

“Yes. Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

Yoonoh showed a polite smile before leaving, and Sicheng did the same too. Once he really left, Sicheng looked down at the name he wrote just now, and also remember how he acted like they never met before. If anything, Sicheng had a lot of theories running around his head, but he would wait until any of them were proven, but deep down, he was sure that Jung Yoonoh was indeed the Jaehyun that he knew years ago.

 


A/N: Hi guys! This is the last chapter of the story, believe it or not... I know this is still a big cliffhanger, so I have plans to continue it with a sequel. I planned to write the sequel after they comeback/debut another unit... and it is going to happen on July 7th with NCT127 hahaha ^^;; I can't promise the sequel will come out very soon but I'd probably write all of them before posting it just like this one... so that I can make sure the story won't go on a hiatus or something ^^ anyway thank you everyone for reading, subscribing, and commenting! Even though it's just a few of you I still feel very thankful for the little attention you guys gave to the story ^^ so see you guys in the next fic! =)