2/3

Ms. Cupid In love

Ms. Cupid In love

Dara is a self-proclaimed cupid but the problem is, she can’t seem to find herself a man she can call her own.

 

 

Dara groaned as she tried to look for any decent dress on her wardrobe. All she got are slacks, polo and some simple dress that doesn’t even look like it will suit any formal event. She just had the urge to prepare for her meeting with Wu Yi Fan. She needs to look smart so that the said guy would agree on participating in their seminar.

 

She bit her nails while staring at the pile of dresses scattered all over her bed and with a heavy sigh she decided just to wear a navy blue dress. She contemplated what she should do with her hair and came to a conclusion that she is too lazy to style herself so she would just let her locks flow. With her handbag clutched under her arm, she nod at herself while staring at the life size mirror.

“You can do this.” Dara said to herself.

For some odd reason, Chaerin volunteered to drive her towards the restaurant where she would be meeting Wu Yi Fan. It is no secret that her best friend hates to drive and would love to take a subway instead, but since the she offered to taker her…might as well grab the opportunity.

Chaerin gave her a analyzing look the moment she stepped out of the building.

“Wear some lipstick babe, and some eye shadow.”

“I don’t think that is necessary.” Dara answered, following Chaerin on the car.

“It is. Now now nowwww, just do it.”

Dara groaned, the look that her bestfriend just gave her is that kind of ‘I-won’t-lose-on-you-so-you-better-follow-me’ look. And knowing Chaerin, this girl will never stop bugging her about putting some make-up on.

“Okay okay.” Dara huffed under her breath.

Chaerin smiled in victory, the two settled on their respective seats inside the car.

Dara chose to put some light pink lipstick with some light eyeshadows. She shrugged when she saw Chaerin’s disapproving looks. The trip is comfortable, and Dara kept on reading the invitation she will give to Wu Yi Fan. It needs to be perfect, she doesn’t want to embaraas herself or their institution.

 

 

“So… goodluck…” Her friend says.

Dara nodded and went outside of the car with her head in a haywire.

She is nervous, yes. She straightened her outfit for the umpteenth  time.

And when she looked at the entrance of the fancy restaurant, cleared and recited a silent prayer.

Please, don’t make me do something idiotic just for today.

 

 

 

The waitress led her to a private room in the restaurant. The place is glamorous; the room is big enough for a family to eat there.

“Mr. Kang Daesung already prepared the list of foods for your stay here and he already briefed us about the meeting.” The girl with a neat and very professional look said.

Dara bowed and sat on the massive chair. She saw a glass of water and smiled as she drank it.

Daesung sent her a message that Wu Yi Fan demands that the meeting should be held in a private place. And that scares Dara, it seems like the blonde handsome male is really a picky type of person.

“I bet my he is a perfectionist.” Dara murmured to herself as stared at the expensive utensils in front of her.

She looked around her, and all she can think of is how awkward it would be when Wu Yi fan comes. They will be the only one in the place and she just hoped the silence won’t kill her.

She stared at her watch, she noticed that she came too early, she reached for her phone and opened her gallery. She stared at a certain picture clearly taken from google.

She saved one picture of Wu Yi Fan for some reason.

“Well, maybe now is the time to delete this.”

“They really did an excellent job during that photoshoot, so I suggest you keep it.” A deep voice said and Dara doesn’t need to be a genius like Isaac Newton just to know who that person that just spoke is.

Dear Ground, swallow me would you?

Dara saw the mighty Wu Yi Fan hovering over her, eyes still on her phone. She immediately placed her phone on the table and stood up to bow and greet the new comer, but of course Dara being Dara did another embarrassing thing.

Or more like Yi Fan also played a big role on it.

As soon as she bowed, the taller man did the same but they didn’t realize that they are standing too near each to other, Dara hissed the moment Yi Fan’s head bumped unto her. The two stared at each other and before they knew it, they were already both laughing.

 

 

 

 

Soooooooo, how’s the talk with Wu Yi Fan?” Bom asked her friend.

Dara widened her eyes towards the latter; “How come you knew about that?”

“Well… Chaerin told me.”

“It went well. Better than what I expected; even though I at the beginning I made a fool out of myself…but all is good.” The petite replied with a gentle smile and dreamy look.

Bom raised a brow.

“You like him.” She said.

Dara choked on her own spit.

“What?”

“Don’t you dare to deny! You even called me before just to tell me you discovered that he is available, and now you have those googly heart shaped eyes and your aura is just really something.”

“You are crazy.” Dara said, but she can already feel blood rushing on the tips of her ears.

“You see, there is nothing wrong with admitting that you like someone. It’s not like it will be the end of the world.”

The brunette lets out a heavy sigh before slumping on the couch—face first.

“I’m doomed.” Dara said, voice muffled by the throw pillow.

“No you’re not. Everything will work out well. Just do what you always do and maybe it’s time to apply those great sayings of yours to yourself already. You did well with helping your friends regarding their love life. You did an excellent job with working on mine…so you can do it.” Bom encouraged her friend, she pats the younger’s shoulder.

“Okay…I’ll try. But what should I do?”

Bom smiled and an idea immediately flashed on her brilliant mind. “How about I teach you to level up your goddess level eh?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wu Yi Fan received a call from one of his new co-worker and a respected fashion designer in the country saying that they should talk, ASAP. They met at the office where they would alaso be having a collaboration spread.

“So…you want me to meet your friend and just listen to her about this whole college talk stuffs?”

Lee Chaerin nodded with a knowing glint on her eyes and Yi Fan felt a shiver ran down his spine. The girl sure does know how to scare people.

“You do realize that I am not good with talking in front of a lot of people right?”

Chaerin shook her head, waving her palm inches away from Yi Fan’s face.

“I will consider this as a favor and will forever be grateful and indebt to you so please…”

“How about Zitao?” Yi Fan is not having any of Lee Chaerin’s begging.

“He is not available.”

“What do you mean? He is the perfect one when it comes to this kind of agendas. You know how good he is when it comes to talking”

“He is not available.” She repeated.

Yi Fan raised a brow. Zitao is a close friend of his that’s why he knows whether the other is available or not.

“Okay, okay. I KINA SENT HIM AWAY OKAY! SO PLEASE JUST GO AND MEET HER AND AGREE TO HER BECAUSE I’VE OVERSOME TONS OF S JUST TO MAKE THIS MEETING HAPPEN!”

“You what?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “The seminar will flow the way you want Mr. Wu. You will get to have the last say about everything in this event, you just have to tell us in advance the things you need and your plan so that we can prepare them all for you.”

“I won’t need much, maybe a projector and a speaker? But you know that already. I will just talk about the specifics and the most important things.” Dara nodded and wrote down the man’s words on her notebook.

“About the time, you can just decide on that one since I don’t know the schedule of your students. I want this event to be in favor of the students.”

Dara smiled. “Of course, maybe you could tell me your schedule for the next month? So that we can work about the day properly?”

“I’m free except on Thursdays and Saturdays.”

“Alright Mr. Wu. We will just have to call again for the final schedule or  maybe I could just come at your office so it would be easier for you.”

“I don’t mind meeting like this. And please just call me Kris.”

“Kris?”

The man chuckled; “It’s my nickname. And I find awkward when people would call me on my real name.”

“Is that so? Okay…Thank you very much for lending us your time Kris. The student will learn a lot that’s for sure.” Dara felt like despite the intimidating looks that Wu Yi Fan have, the latter is the complete opposite when you get to talk to him. He is kind, polite and very humble.

And those are the qualities that Dara adores.

Wu Yi Fan or Kris waved his hand. “It’s nothing, It’s my pleasure to have chance to share what I learn to others, and hopefully help them.”

Dara stared at the man in front of her, and no words can express how happy and grateful she is meeting Wu Yi Fan.

 

 

Meanwhile, Wu Yi Fan just can’t wait to give Lee Chaerin a hug and maybe treat her some nice food to show his gratefulness on pushing him to meet a certain goddess, Dara Park.

 

 

 

Sorry for any grammatical errors, have a nice day/night!