1/3

Ms. Cupid In love

Ms. Cupid In love

Dara is a self-proclaimed cupid but the problem is, she can’t seem to find herself a man she can call her own.

 

 

 

 

Dara smiled as she watches her friend glide through the dance floor in the arms of a tall guy who seems to be the happiest man alive as of the moment.

Her friend, whose hair is fiery red, is tied into a neat ponytail with little gems on it as a hair accessories, with her white dress flowing as she sways with the slow music—she is so beautiful.

“May I have this dance noona?” Dara chuckled while giving her hand to the man who is smiling brightly towards her; eyes shining with delight.

As they placed themselves on the dance floor, Dara did her best not to trip.

“Eyyy, ease up noona…I won’t let you fall. After all I’m your best dongsaeng!”

Dara shook her head and said; “Seungri…I don’t want to be labeled as the girl who tripped on the biggest wedding of the year.”

“Well, I guess you’re right…Ms. Cupid is way tooooo cooler than Ms. Clumsy right?”

“Har har.” Dara replied, but can’t help but to smile afterwards; her dongsaeng’s smile was contagious.

After dancing for a couple of song, the two decided that it’s time to seat back and relax once again. They went to their table and talk about the newlywed couple.

“Look at them, who would have thought we will get to see them marry each other? Sweet, and credits to you noona.

“Seriously, I just gave them advices and became Bom’s shoulder to cry on and Seunghyun’s walking love story journal.” Dara said.

“But that’s a hard role to play. I consider it a gift.”

Silence.

Dara just stared at her best friend who is now busy wiping off the sweat from her husband’s forehead. They look perfect with each other, a star couple.

“I just did what I can as their friend, their happiness is everything to me.” Dara said with a gentle smile on her face.

Seungri nodded, taking a sip from the glass of water in front of him; “Maybe you can hook me up with someone also noona. I need some love.”

And with that, Dara laughed while pinching the nose of her friend.

 

 

 

 

The petite girl stared at her blonde friend who is busy making a mess out of herself. Crumpled tissues were scattered everywhere and even though Dara’s legs are going numb from sitting on the floor for too long.; she can’t just stand up and leave her friend. The latter have been crying because of some love problems and Dara being Dara can’t help but to help and give her undivided attention to her heartbroken friend.

She’s all ears from all the rants and wails of her friend—Chaerin.

“I mean, doesn’t he feel bad that after 4 years—everything will just end?” Chaerin cried out once again and Dara passed the third box of tissue to her.

“He said he fell out of love, four years! Four years and that’s where we are going?!”

Dara didn’t dare to say anything, after all there are no words that could calm Chaerin down. She knew better than to say anything and open .

“And then, after just couple of days I saw him; eating with someone and being cozy and that…What if they are already going out even when we are still in a relationship?”

Dara grimaced; her bad side kept on thinking of hunting the one who hurt Chaerin.

“That hoe! I’m gonna castrate him if ever I will see him again.” Dara stayed silent as Chaerin vent her anger to the throw pillow—squishing and hitting it like there is no tomorrow.

And another episode of crying started.

“But I love him.” Chaerin whispered.

Dara scooted closer to her friend to gave her a hug.

“Hmmm…of course you love him. Now, now; just let it out and then we can go eat something.”

Chaerin nodded with a pout and Dara can’t help but to smile. Her friend might look like a fierce person on the outside but Chaerin is nothing but an adorable woman who likes to keep her façade strong.

Dara waited for about twenty minutes before the latter stopped crying. Chaerin is already tidying herself and went inside the bathroom to take a shower. The two decided that they will eat in some fancy restaurant. Dara saw Chaerin got out of the bathroom wearing a red bathrobe.

“You can watch the TV while you are waiting Dara.”

Dara nodded but the truth is she is not in the mood to watch television, instead she got herself some magazine to read to which she took from Chaerin’s coffee table. It is some kind of fashion themed magazine, of course her friend would read such kind of magazine after all Chaerin is a fashion designer.

“Im ready.” Chaerin said and Dara gave her two thumbs up the moment she saw her friend now looking gorgeous. Lips sporting hot red lipstick with her eyebrows on flick, and her make-up just gave her the ultimate vibe of baddest female in town.

“Now we’re talking.” Dara said.

 

 

 

 

“I need to get a man.” Chaerin said.

“Will that make you better?” Dara asked.

“Of course, I need someone to take my mind out of things.”

Dara hummed. “Go to the dance floor then.”

“You don’t need to tell me boo, but you should come with me.”

“No thanks.”

“Whatever.” And with that, Chaerin took her leave to dance on the crowded dance floor.

The two decided that after eating dinner, they should spend some time in a club; after all it is Friday so they don’t need to worry about work on the following day. And Dara, knowing that her friend is still sad over her ex-boyfriend just agreed to whatever Chaerin wants to do—just for a day.

Noonaaaaaa?!” Dara thought she is just dreaming when she heard that voice.

Ugh, no today Seungri.

“Hey.” She said, she could barely hear her voice from the sound of heavy bass on the background.

“What are you doing here? Are you alone? What did I said about going here alone?” Seungri could be a little bit protective over her.

“I’m with a friend so you don’t have to pull some ‘father’ card on me young man.” The two chuckled and Seungri ordered himself a drink.

Dara kept her eyes on Chaerin, she is pretty sure that her friend is already drunk and she doesn’t want anything bad to happen to the latter. It is easy to spot her friend despite the sea of people moving their bodies in sync with the beat of the music.

“What ya’ looking at?” Seungri asked.

Dara didn’t answer, she just kept on watching her friend dancing alone after grinding to someone for a few minutes. Chaerin can get a little picky over guys she wanted to spend time with.

And Ding!

“Say Seungri, wanna meet someone hot and lovely?” Dara asked, leaning slightly near to his dongsaeng’s ears.

“What, you know someone?”

Dara nodded with a knowing smirk on her face.

 

 

 

“So, Chaerin and Seungri huh.”

Dara nodded with a smile.

“That’s an odd pair.” Bom said, munching on her banana muffin.

“They will go on their third date today.”

“Wow, Lee Seungri having a third date with the same girl? Good heavens!”

Dara just knew that her friend Chaerin and Seungri will click somehow. Chaerin seems to be the type who likes to spend time with guys who is carefree but at the same time responsible with their life while Seungri—well Seungri just loves girls who is hot and those independent ones. Dara had second thoughts at first, right before she introduced Chaerin to Seungri but it is always worth the shot.

And she can see how her two friends is happy with the flow of their relationship.

“They’re still testing the waters.”

Bom rolled her eyes. “How about you? When will we get to see you go out in a date. With a man. Not just like a girls date or something.”

Pleaseeeeee.” Dara whined.

Bom frowned at her friend.

“Look, it’s your time to shine my friend. You managed to find me a man, and you were able to calm Chaerin’s aching heart. It’s about time Ms. Cupid finds someone.”

“I don’t want okay, and I did those things for you guys because I love you. I want my friends to be happy. And I don’t mind waiting for love, I mean I believe it will come to you.”

The red haired girl snorted. “That’s sounds dramatic though.”

Dara raised her shoulders.

“You helped us find a man and now you are going around with that ‘I don’t mind waiting for love…it will come to you’ blah blah blah.” Bom did her best to mimic her friend’s voice.

“I do not sound like that!” Dara insisted, she ignored the fact that yes, she indeed went miles away just to find her friend’s their rightful halves.

"You need to find a man. A tall, handsome and rich one." her friend beamed at her.

"I don't care what he looks like, or his social status as well...I just want him to love me, that's all." Dara said, and Bom swears that she could see imaginary rainbow on her friend's background.

"You need to be practical, you won't be saying that once you don't have anything to eat."

The smaller of the two groaned.

"Okay, I'm not comfortable with our conversation and no snooping in my love life!"

"But you are the one who always gets to snoop around other's love life Ms. Cupid!"

"Just stop." Dara said, but her mind is now somewhere else; her friend's voice becmae just a mere whisper in the background as she watch a tall guy walking inside the cafe.

How tall....and handsome.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Bom said with a sip of her special warm tea.

“He looks so tall.” Dara whispered, eyes following every step of the handsome stranger.

“I can smell money, everything about him screams dollars.” Bom said, still sipping on her warm tea.

“Stop it.” Dara hissed.

The two watched as the guy went to the counter to order his coffee.

“Maybe you should go near him and try to know his name.” Bom suggested.

“Are you serious? That’s creepy and I just find him cute that’s all nothing romantic I swear.”

Bom scoffed. “You said so, anyways I bet he is not even single anymore. With a face like that? Seriously nope, might have three chicks at a time.”

“That’s mean.” Dara said to her friend but she agrees to the part that the guy might have someone already.

He is tall, wearing white polo that has two buttons undone, hair is in dirty blonde that made him look like someone who came straight out of anime series. Dara can’t help but to stare at the man’s face, nose perfectly shaped as if god really took time creating him. The petite girl can’t help but to chuckle because the stranger’s brows made him look in an eternal ‘frown’.

Hot. He is sizzling hot!

“Easy with the staring, my friend. He might melt.” Bom joked that earned her a light slap on her forearm.

They continued to watch the guy until he ordered for what it looks like an iced latte and left.

“He is y.” Bom said with a smirk.

“I’m gonna tell that to your husband.” Bom laughed out loud at her friend.

“Hey ladies…” Seungyoon, the manager of the café greeted them. Since the two ladies is already a regular in the place, they’re already a friend of some of the staffs of the café—including the young handsome manager.

“Wu Yi Fan.” Seungyoon said out of nowhere.

“Excuse me?” Dara frowned at the said male while Bom smiled, finally getting what the manager just said.

“His name is Wu Yi Fan.” Seungyoon widens his eyes towards the frowning brunette. Park Bom gave the guy some fist bump.

“I am actually doing something against the code of our café but who cares? I love you Dara-noona so you better list that guy’s name so that you can stalk him in Facebook, twitter…just in everything!” Seungyoon exclaimed before walking away at the scene quickly because he can see that the said woman is already on her way to kill him.

Dara groaned. “I can’t believe this.”

And then she looked at the table napkin Bom just passed her.

Bom’s messy handwriting can be seen; Wu Yi Fan.

“Just in case.”

Dara rolled her eyes, but kept the table napkin on her pocket nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

 

It is just one ordinary day for Dara, she is getting ready for her work; taking her time on eating her breakfast since she woke up early and there is no need to be in a hurry. She needs to eat a lot before going to her work since her next meal could be on the afternoon already.

Being a professor requires her to give a lot of time inside the classroom, handling a lot of subjects is quite handy. She is not rich just like her friends but her income is enough for her to support her daily living and to give allowances to her brother who is still studying in college.

The University where she is teaching is a ten minute walk away from her apartment, a big advantage since she doesn’t need to spend some money on transportation.

After eating and fixing herself—Dara took her leave.

She greeted some people whom she knows that lives around the place. From the kid that is living in the same building as her with his mother and the old couple that owns the restaurant a block away from her place. It is a quiet neighborhood plus, her apartment building was not even that big; just a mere simple five story building.

 

Once she arrived at the university the first thing she did was to clean her table. She still have half an hour to prepare herself for the long day ahead. She checked her lesson plan, her consultation schedule for the week and the quizzes that she will give to her students.

“Good morning Ms. Park!”

“Oh, Jinwoo…you’re early today.” Dara said with a smile.

Kim Jinwoo, one of her students in philosophy—a kind and timid young man.

“Yes, our organization has to prepare for the upcoming festival.” Jinwoo replied with a smile.

“So you are here to get my signature?” Dara asked, since she is also one of the coordinator in the said event. The latter nodded and passed a brown folder, after reading it Dara singed it.

“Mr. Kang is not yet here, maybe I can just leave his folder on his table?”

Dara nodded, she is currently folding her coat when she noticed something on its pocket.

Ah.

“See you later Ms. Park.” The student said and bowed before leaving the faculty room.

Dara made sure that the latter already left before opening her laptop to search on something.
Wu Yi Fan in particular.

It is rare for her to open her social networking sites; she doesn’t even have Instagram nor twitter for heaven’s sake! She only opened a Facebook account for the sake of her relatives and students since it is one way to have communication with them.

The moment she typed ‘Wu’ , numerous accounts appeared and they all have the same guy on the picture. Which is the handsome guy from the café.

“That’s weird.” Dara said under her breathe.

She clicked on every one of them and that’s the moment she realized that it is all some fan accounts.

“Fanpages?”

Dara then resorted on searching for the male on google and it resulted to numerous articles and pictures of the handsome man Wu Yi Fan.

“Wow.” She whispered after reading tons of articles posted online.

Wu Yi Fan, Fashion Magazine Editor

New York

Dara raised a brow.

Eligible Bachelor

Dara choked.

She immediately called her friend Bom;

“Good morning my friend, you just interrupted the Bom & Seunghyun morning moments.”  The cheerful yet sarcastic voice of her friend said from the other line.

“Ugh, Bom no need to tell that to me but…he is still single!” Dara acclaimed.

He?....oh, ohhhhhhhh. I knew it, I knew it! You have some hot shots towards that Wu Yi Fan eh? So how dare you act like that yesterday?”

Dara snorted, her friend can be a bit whiny.

“I just googled him and it says he is a magazine editor.”

Bom hummed, and Dara can hear some muffled noise from the background.

“Please Bom don’t tell me you are talking to me while doing something with your husband.” Dara asked in a very serious tone.

“You called, I answered.” Bom simply replied.

And Dara swears she never turned off a call that fast before.

 

 

 

“We will be inviting some personality from the journalism world to give a talk to the students.” Mr. Kang said.

Dara nodded while writing down some point on her journal.

“And then I already gave permission to Jinwoo to scout some cheap materials for the festivals. Some organizations are already starting to prepare. It will be a busy week for the university.” Mr. Kang added.

“I can supervise the students when they are already building their booths.” Dara offered, though she is the one assigned for the final day of the festival—it is a heavy work yes but can still manage some additional.

“I’m already on it, you can just help Ms. Gong on searching for someone who will be willing to give a talk to the students. Here’s the list of the potential guest speaker; you might just want to talk with Minzy regarding on how you will divide the workload.”

“Okay.” Dara answered with a smile, she scanned the list that Mr. Kang or one of her kindest and close friend—Daesung.

She is familiar with some people on the list, some are from the higher hierarchy of entertainment world and Dara is already thinking how they will be able to talk to them.

Jiyong Kwon

Jessica Jung

Bae Suzy

Huang Zitao

Lee Hayi

They are all the big names in the journalism industry, three of them are a fashion specialist and Dara thought of asking Chaerin for help since her friend do have tons of connections given that Chaerin’s line was not that far from journalism industry.

But one thing that caught Dara’s attention the most.

The last name from the list.

And the most, most familiar one to her:

Wu Yi Fan

 

 

Daesung saw his co-professor starring at a certain name and it didn’t take him a lot of time to figure it out.

“Wu Yi Fan, well it will be a jackpot to get him since he is already a big name not only locally but also internationally.”

Dara didn’t reply anything back.

Maybe it’s not bad to try right?

 

 

 

Dara decided to ask some help to her friend Chaerin. Since she already talked with Minzy about the workload she can now have some plan and ask for the schedule of the people assigned to her.

She is thinking of talking to Jiyong, Suzy and Zitao and of course Yi Fan.

Chaerin is chewing a gum while reading the list her friend just gave her.

“I don’t think Kwon Jiyong is a wise choice, he is too expensive and he is rarely here in the country.”

Dara nodded and felt bad at the same time, she knows how famous the said male is since Jiyong is also a part time music producer.

“I just sent a message to Suzy, let’s just wait for her reply while this Zitao—I suggest we cross him out.”

“Why?”

Chaerin puts down the paper on the coffee table in front of her. “He is too tacky, don’t get me wrong—he is one of the best and he’s up there but believe me, college talk show is not his forte.”

“It’s not a talk show, it’s like a seminar.” Dara sighed.

“Whatever, it’s the same…while this Wu Yi Fan; I can hook you up with him.” Chaerin smirked.

“What?” Hooked up?

“I mean I can ask him for some meeting for you to propose to him.” Chaerin said.

“WHAT?”

“Propose your plans regarding your university’s seminar.”

Dara rolled her eyes towards her friend.

“Wait, do you know him?”

Chaerin shrugged her shoulders, she reached for her phone. “Yep, I am actually working with him as of the moment. We are going to release some special edition of the winter fashion for men and women. And he just came back from New York, seems like he will be staying here for good.”

“Oh.” Was all Dara could said.

“Epppp, Suzy just texted me saying she’s not in the country for the next five months.”

Dara pinched the bridge of her nose for few seconds.

Think.

Think.

I have to try.

But Bom won’t let me live after this.

She will squeeze every detail she can.

“Can you really help me have a schedule meeting with Wu Yi Fan?”

Chaerin smiled and nodded at the same time.

“Okay, I need to try even though Daesung said that guy is really famour, but there’s nothing wrong at trying right?”

“Yes, now let me just email his secretary and we are good. Now go home and prepare what you need to prepare.”

Dara nodded and hugged her friend, she swears that without Chaerin she will be lost and will not know what to do.

The two bid each other goodbye and the moment Chaerin saw Dara went out of her flat she immediately called a certain red haired girl.

 

“So? What did she said?” Asked a very excited voice from the other line.

Chaerin grinned before replying with a much enthusiastic voice; “You, my dearest Bom, is a genius! It’s a date.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Don't forget to write down some comment so that we can spazz together! My Apologies for any mistakes and typos.