3/3

Ms. Cupid In love

Ms. Cupid In love

Dara is a self-proclaimed cupid but the problem is, she can’t seem to find herself a man she can call her own.

 

 

 

It is chaotic.

Dara have been running back and forth to prepare everything that is needed for the seminar…and nothing is going well for her. Apparently, there were no sound systems available, the one that they were supposed to use broke a little over an hour ago. She prepared a spare, of course; but for some luck, one of her co-workers accidentally gave it to another club that is also conducting an activity.

She lets out a heavy sigh, already tired and thirsty after running to different buildings trying to find the equipment’s that she needed.

“Jinwoo!” The petite professor called out the moment she saw her student walking nearby, the latter looked and greeted her with a bow before jogging his way towards Dara.

“Yes Ma’am?”

“If it is not too much to ask, can you please search for contact numbers of any establishments with sound system rentals around the area?” Dara smiled, she felt guilty because it looks like the younger already has too much on his plate as of the moment but she is already needed inside to prepare the power point presentation and to wait for a certain male named Kris Wu.

Jinwoo nodded and immediately went to search the internet to look what his professor just told him while Dara run inside the hall to see if everyone was already settled in. She scanned her phone for any messages but only saw some discount coupon advertisment, weather reports and a message from her friend Chaerin reminding her about how to use mascara.

The screen is already showing a picture of the male god—Kris Wu (as to what the female students call him) everyone, especially the female population of the school is excited to see the fashion magazine editor. Dara is actually overwhelmed over the fact that Kris is really famous.

 “Ms. Park, I already called the nearest equipment rentals, they said that they have some extras now and will be able to deliver it within an hour.” Dara nodded, she looked at her wristwatch and bit her lips as she saw that it was almost time to start the seminar. To add up, she saw a familiar talk figure walking towards her—the noise of the students squeals were long gone unnoticed.

“Good morning, Am I late?”

Dara shook her head. She eyed the almost perfect human being in front of her.

Jinwoo exited the scene for he knows that he is not needed anymore and doesn’t want to be a third wheel in the middle of the tension between the two.

“I’m so—sorry Mr. Wu, but there is a slight problem with the sound system. Would you like to stay in the cafeteria, our school serves delicious pies and hot chocolate.”

The said male smiled. “Oh, no worries. Sure, I would love to taste some of it, that is of course if you will me?”

Dara felt her heartbeat speed up as the taller looked at her. His intense gaze made her knees weak.

Get a grip of yourself Sandara Park, now is not the time to flirt you bish.

She nodded, and with a light step she took the lead to show the handsome lad the way towards the cafeteria. Their trip would be interrupted by some students who were asking for autographs and picture of Kris. The petite blonde professor never realized until then the popularity of Kris Wu. She would tend to call herself ignorant of the mainstream  people despite the fact that two of her friends are some of the prominent names in fashion and music industry.

She is just Dara. But her friends think of otherwise.

For Chaerin and Bom, she is the kind of friend that is unique.

The one that would listen to everything without judging.

The one that they could count on whenever they have problems.

Their vitamin.

The cupid.

 

And for them, it is about time that their dear friend to have some happiness. To have someone that would cherish her. To have something like ‘forever’.

 

 

Dara gulped in one go her glass of cold water. She can’t really understand herself as of the moment. She is aware of the eyes lingering her and the greek god like man in front of her who seemed to be ignorant about the attention he is getting from the people in the cafeteria,

Or maybe he is already used to with this kind of attention. Dara thought.

“Oh wow, you are right…this apple pie is magnificent. Maybe I’ll have to bring some home for snacks later at night.” Kris Wu said with a smile. Dara nodded and can’t help but to be mesmerized with the man in front of her.

With the way her heart beats right now, Dara knows that she is up for some trouble. She doesn’t know if what she is feeling will do well to her.  Everything is new.

She gulped.

She is not an idiot. She is cupid (a self-proclaimed one to be honest, but that is not the case here anymore) for heaven’s sake. She knows this sign.

She tried to avert her stare at other things, not like there is any more interesting stuff to look at other than the way Kris Wu is eating his pie.

Dara released a heavy sigh and the latter noticed her troubled expression.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

Dara nodded, maybe a little too fast since Kris looks like he is not convinced with her response.

“Why are you not eating your food?”

The petite professor looked down on her untouched plate. She smiled sheepishly when she returned her gaze towards the man in front of her and started eating the pie that she ordered for herself. The truth is, she not even hungry. She doesn’t even have any appetite at all.

She chewed and tried to savor the soft texture of the pie. Kris nodded at her and she smiled back. No words are said for a few minutes and the two were already preparing to get back at the hall since Dara already received a message from her student—Jinwoo that the sound system were already available and is ready to use.

Before she could stand up from her chair, Kris reached out on her and Dara stared at him, confused.

She doesn’t know what he is trying to do and when she realized, it is already too late.

And oh, she really didn’t see that one coming.

His thumb glazed over to the side of her lips.

Her eyes widened and felt like she will faint any moment now. There were also faint gasps from the people around them.

“What…”
“You have something on your face, must be the pie.” Kris Wu said with a slight tugged on the corner of his lips.

Is he smirking?! Dara thought.

“Shall we?”

Dara muttered a silent ‘thank you’ and just led the way. She bowed her head, trying to hide the redness of her cheeks plus the attention and stares of the people around them is not helping at all.

Great, now they might think that we have a thing.

Dara shook her head.

But…I don’t have any right to be this ungrateful right? The one who is on the losing side is Kris Wu not me. Who am I to be ashamed of having his company?

Dara nodded to herself.

And Blag.

“Ouch!” She found herself on the ground and a stinging pain can be felt on her knees.

“Dara!” She heard Kris called out her name. he went beside her quickly and checked her injuries. He kept on asking where does it hurt the most and if she can stand up.

“It’s just a scratch…” the blonde professor whispered, staring at her scratched knee.

“Come on, I’ll lift you up. Just tell me where your clinic is.” He said with a gentle voice.

“Uhm…okay, I’ll show you the way.”

She really tried to stand up with the help of Kris, but she ended up falling again. The taller of the two went to check her ankle.

“Seems like you got your ankle sprained…” Dara groaned but that turned into a loud shriek when Kris lifts her up on the ground all of a sudden and carried her bridal style.

She swore she can hear loud cheers from the people around them.

“You don’t need to carry me….” She said in a small voice.

Kris, who seems to be not having any difficulties carrying her at all answered: “it is obvious that you will be having a hard time walking, and you are not heavy so don’t worry.”

“Thanks.”

 She can feel the tips of her ears turning red and cheeks flushed, she is also silently praying that the latter can’t hear her heart thumping out loud. is going dry, she doesn’t know is she should speak or what. She just merely points out where to turn and go towards the clinic. The pain on her knee and ankle long forgotten, her full attention is on the male carrying her.

She realized that since she can’t walk by herself, and was being carried by a male god—why not seize the moment? Though, Dara knows that the minute Bom and Chaerin will hear about this thing—her two friends will kill her (but not before getting the story out of her and teasing her about it). She have never seen Kris Wu’s face this close.

She gulped, eyes lingering on the taller’s handsome face.

She realized that Kris Wu’s face must be sculpted carefully by the gods above. From his forehead, his thick yet attractive eyebrows, his brown eyes that can melt your inside once he stares at you, his nose that is next to perfection and his chin.

How come he is an editor, he could pass as a model or actor.

She kept on staring at his face, wondering how someone can be this handsome.

“Is there something on my face?” Kris Wu suddenly asked.

Dara shook her head, she bit her lips—a habit of hers whenever she is nervous.

And from the corner of Kris’ eyes, he find it cute with the way the petite woman in his arms kept on biting her lips, eyes wondering around; obviously trying not to look at his face once again.

“See that white door? That’s the clinic.” Dara informed. The latter nodded with a smile.

And he might just walk too slowly since he wanted to have her in his arms for a much longer time…of course, she doesn’t need to know it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you zoned out again and ended up with a sprained ankle.” Bom amused, eyes bulging out of her sockets.

“You don’t need to point that out anymore…” Dara whispered.

“At least the seminar was successful…” Chaerin said with her eyes fixed on the screen of her laptop.

Dara nodded. She wasn’t able to watch since she had to be sent to the hospital, it is a good thing that Daesung—one of her colleagues was free and was able to assist the seminar. Kris Wu insisted that he should be the one to take Dara at the hospital but she said that the students are already waiting for his talk.

Despite all the ruckus and mischiefs that had happened, the seminar and the festival went well overall. Kris contacted her right after his talk, asking her is she needed a ride home but she assured him that she is fine and already called her friend to take her home.

Dara called Bom, her red haired friend immediately went on her aid.

And now, she needed to rest for three days. And Dara decided that she really needed those 3 days.

“So, what is the feeling of being carried by The Kris Wu.” Bom asked, eyebrows wiggling.

“Yeah…The Kris Wu.” Chaerin mimicked, now sitting beside them, work long forgotten.

Dara snorted.

“Does he contact you from the past three days?”

The smaller of the three lets out a heavy sigh before responding— “The last time he contacted me was on the day of the seminar.”

“Well maybe he is too busy…I heard he was invited to attend this convention…” Chaerin said.

“How did you know that?” Bom asked her cat eyed like friend.

“Of course I know that, I’m on the same industry with him.”

“Oh.”

“But hey Dee..if ever he’ll ask you out on some date…will you go?” The red haired asked.

Dara pondered…will she really? It is no secret anymore that she is attracted to Kris Wu, but the real question is, is he interested in her? After all she is just a simple girl working as a professor in a not so famous institution. Who is she to be with someone like him? She is way out of his league.

“I know that look Park Dara…” Bom said.

Dara sighed.

“Give yourself some credit…you are beautiful and kind, who wouldn’t want to be with you?”

She gave her friends a smile, she doesn’t mutter any words at them for she knows that they already know that she is grateful for their encouraging words.

“There’s nothing wrong with being in love Dara.” Chaerin added.

 

 

 

She calls herself cupid. Ironically, she is afraid of this thing called love. Unlike others, who seemed to avoid falling in love (again) because of certain tragic memories from their past—Dara would avoid experiencing it on the first place. She may be good (excellent in fact) when it comes on advices but she on doing it on her own real life. She would think of the outcomes first and her self-confidence is all over the place—her friends doesn’t even get the point of her having low self-esteem. It is no secret that a lot were trying to get Dara’s attention, she is beautiful and nice—but the petite professor is oblivious of it. Bom and Chaerin can’t do anything but shook their heads and hope that someday, there friend will find love.

So when a certain blonde man came, Chaerin immediately called Bom and told her the plan.

Mission: Love Life for Miss Cupid.

They can say it is halfway successful, Kris Wu showed interest to their friend. Now, all they have to do is to make Dara comfortable with the idea of having a relationship or boyfriend. Plus make her feel that she is worthy of it.

It will be a tough job for the two but they are ready to do everything for their friend.

 

 

 

It is one of those rare days when Dara feels like going on a shopping.

Her foot was healed already and for some off reason, she thinks that her injured foot deserves a treat.

She tried calling Bom and Chaerin but apparently, they were busy; Bom with husband and Chaerin with her work. So now, the blonde girl is strolling the hallways of the mall all by herself. She wants to buy a new pair of sneakers, since the one she got as of the moment looks like it will dissolve into thin air or will turn into ashes. It is already old. No, ancient in fact. She got it when she was still in her early years in college.

She went inside a store and it didn’t took her too much time buying her desired item. Unlike her friends (who seemed to shop for like—forever) Dara knows what she wants already. She tends to do a list of the things she needed (and what brand they are) to buy before she’ll go to a mall. It saves time.

But she does take some time in choosing what food she’ll eat.

Since she is still not yet hungry, she decided to buy a shirt. She went to the department store and straight to the ladies section. She avoided any too girlish outfits. Her eyes caught the black and pastel blue shirt worn by mannequins. Dara called the attention of the sales lady to ask for some assistance. She told her-her size and in no time, the sales lady returned with two stocks of shirt.

“The fitting room is that way ma’am.” Dara nodded and thanked the latter before going towards the fitting room.

“Oh sorry.” She said as she accidentally bumped into a woman, Dara leaned down to help the woman gathering her clothes—way too many clothes.

And when she caught glance of the lady in front of her, she was mesmerized.

Her hair was silky black, fair skin and lips red like those Disney princesses. Dara can even guess that this person is tall. She looks like a celebrity.

“I’m really sorry…”

The woman just bowed and didn’t mutter any word and walked away from her, sound of her heels clicking and Dara’s eye followed the retreating figure.

The professor shrugged her shoulders and continued where she was about to go.

Maybe because it is weekdays and it is noon time there is not much people on the mall—especially in department store so there is no line in the fitting room compared the last time she went here which was during weekends and paydays.

She locked the door of the fitting room and stared at herself at the life-size mirror before her for a while. And then she tried the black one first and is contended with the fit and the tried the next one.

After doing the fitting, she went to the cashier and payed for the items.

She strolled around to look for good food and decided to treat herself since she’s been in a hell of a week with a sprained ankle and confused feelings towards a certain editor. She went to a fancy restaurant after checking the menu board placed outside (just to make sure her budget is enough).

A waitress immediately greeted her and gave her a sit.

Some would find it hard to eat alone, but Dara finds amity in it. It doesn’t mean that she would choose to eat all by herself always, she enjoys the company of her family and friends but in her opinion, it is important to have some ‘me time’.

The restaurant serves varieties of pasta and pizza. She decided to have a carbonara and one servings of house special pizza. She looked around and saw that there is not much people eating, she guessed maybe because it was already past lunch time and the people have already gone back to their works or agendas.

After 15 minutes, her food was served and she muttered a quick prayer and dig in.

 

 

The food was delicious. Worth the money she payed plus the atmosphere is peaceful. And the fact that they played her favorite classical pieces just made her love the place more. She noted that she should invite Bom and Chaerin to eat at the place.

After paying for her food, she smiled at the waitress and walked out with her stomach happy. She made sure that she didn’t forget anything, as she was passing by the restaurant beside where she ate, her eyes caught a familiar figure inside.

It was no other than Kris Wu.

The said man was having a chat with a woman—whose back are facing towards Dara.

She saw how Kris took his glass of wine and took a sip of it—eyes not leaving on the woman sitting in front of him.

And then, there’s the pang on her chest. Dara gulped and clutched her shopping bags tightly. The unfamiliar feeling she is having as of the moment doesn’t make everything better.

She doesn’t like the way Kris looks at the woman.

She felt irritated—and without glancing back, she took hastily strides away from the area.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Chaerin walked with elegance at the hallways of a magazine company. She is dying to have some rest and maybe some cuddling time with her boyfriend, but instead, she had to work for a photoshoot.

No one doubts her skills, she is one the best at the market—her eyes know the right and perfect clothes to every human beings out there.

She knocked on the wooden door three times before going inside.

She was greeted by a tall male who is busy reading articles on the latest issue of their magazine.

“Good morning.” He said in his low baritone voice.

“So, who is it this time?” She didn’t even bother to return his greetings.

“Amanda Chang, you know her right?”

Chaerin snorted. “Who doesn’t know Miss Perfect. So, how’s the meeting with her? I watched the news and the social media sites are basically going cray cray over your lunch date.”

The latter raised a brow.

“She is totally not my style…”

“Who’s your style then?”

The male smiled, setting down the magazine and looked straight at the designer in front of him.

“Your friend…”

“Well…Mr. Wu, you better move fast…she might get the wrong impression of you and that Amanda.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m not the type to talk, but for you and her I will. Dara saw the news and I can see she is…disappointed. And you didn’t contact her after the seminar”

Kris clicked his tongue. “You think you can set me up for another date with her? Same place where we first met?”

Chaerin flipped her hair and sat on the sofa—legs cross. “Of course, but you better do this one right okay? She is my friend and I didn’t go through a lot of s just for you to meet her. Imagine shooing away all those other editors so you can be the only one available for that talk!”

“I know, I know…And I thank you for that. Just help me once again okay?” Kris smiled and stood up from his leather chair to take his coat.

There is no more time to waste.

He needs to talk to a certain angel today.

 

 

 

Author's Note 

YAS! Finally! Sorry for the SUPER late update but I had to change wifi/net connection and it took MONTHS. I can't use my phone to update since all of my file are in my laptop so....

Thank you for the wait and LONG LIVE KRISDARA!

Yes, there will be Epilogue.

Comment down below and let's all spazz together~!!!