Chapter Two

Home

[Author Notes]

The sentences that are written in Italic means spoken in English.

The sentences that are written in Black Italic means the thought of the OC's at current time. or just her sarcastic thought.

Here comes chapter two. Enjoy!

***

 

 

Long story short, school life goes okay. Thankfuly I didn’t have any sort of drama going. Just as usual where you spent like 7 to 9 hours at school, talking about your least favorite subjects, complaining about the teachers, and stressing about the exams that happened every now and then. Basic, usual.

It’s been six months since I transferred, and I don’t really have any best friend. Only this girl named Lina, she is pretty close to me. I didn’t dare to call her best friend. Because as I grow up, I don’t really think those kind of title are necessary. She is a bubbly, bright, and easy-going girl. Which I sometimes found her amusing, but kind of annoying at times, in a friendly way. But I’m kind of grateful for having her by my side.

“Soooo, my short Canadian girl what’s up?!” there she is, with her annoying remark of me.

“I’ve lost count, but last time I checked,  I already said that I’m not a Canadian, even people with bad eyesight would know that I am far for that. And nothing is up.” I said whilst taking some belongings from my locker.

“But your sweetheart call you that!”

“I’ve also lost count for this case, he is not my sweetheart nor anything!” I said again, this time with a little bit annoyed tone.

“Ouch he must be hurt if he heard that, well maybe he is not yours yet, maybe not now. Maybe tomorrow or next week?” by the end of her remarks, I gave her a side judging looks.

“Kidding! But I’m being serious now. I know some girls are head over heels for him and he has some rumours around. But it’s been like.. ugh almost two months! Dickheads like him never hold on for this long! Don’t you think about giving him a chance?”

I didn’t reply this time. Half of her protest is right. I’d be lying if I said he didn’t give any efforts. Yes, the Lee boy that my brother talked about. His name is Lee Taeyong, after some incident that revolves him, I remember now. It’s also not like I’m playing innocent or playing hard to get, but really, dating is not on my priority list right now. Besides, I don’t want and couldn’t affort any drama or heart breaks, just in case the terms of dickheads about him is right. You just couldn’t trust people easily, right?

“What’s on our first period?”

“It’s English¸ sweetheart.” Shoot. Without turning my head, by the amount of constant hearing till now, I already knew who’s the owner of the voice.

Oh! Hi Taeyong! I forgot something on my locker! Gotta go first!” Oh, shoot, again. With that, Lina turned around and left me with the boy. Something that I wanted the least.

“Good morning, short Canadian girl.” “Hmm” I keep walking, don’t have any interest to correct him for calling me as a Canadian girl. “The textbook looks heavy and awful, gonna save your small hands from the weary effect, here” Taeyong extended his hands, but I cut him short “Thanks, but my hands are way stronger than you think. It’s not that weak.” He laughs at my remark, snatching my books away from my hold. I rolled my eyes at him, but do nothing afterwards. Asking it back will only gain another tiring conversation. So much for asking, Lee Taeyong.

Surprisingly, the walk to the class went silence, I didn’t try to initiate any conversation and neither he. He usually always tried to make any interactions; either small or big. Just like the last time he talked about how bad his dance practice went by or like the other day when he talked randomly about spongebob, and I didn’t even ask. But I didn’t cut him either, just trying to be polite.

As what I could graps; Taeyong is not that typical dickheads that flirt with different girls everyday. Of course sometimes he did, but not to the level that he would get girls on his pants and dump her the next day. Although he has some rumours around him, but at least that was what I thought. I don’t know about him, and didn’t want to know any further, though.

When we arrived at the class, I went to my seat which located at the second row in front of the teacher table; the one by the window. And he headed straight to his usual seat, at the same row but at the very back there. Less than five minutes after; Lina came and gave me her usual bright smile, taking seat beside me. “How’s it?” I know she would ask so, but before I could answer, my English teacher came and casually gives us assignment. Yes, as soon as she came.

So, good morning, class! Today lesson is going to be fun, I guess. As we know the week of mid-term is coming real soon, and I will give you a project to substitude the written test for the mid-term score. The details about the project is written in this paper; all you need to do is follow the instruction there. Works in pairs, the partner is up to you guys, submit the project two weeks from today. Now write your name and your partner name in a paper along with your topics; and give it to me. Understand?

After she finished her long sentence; some of the student said yes, some of them letting out a groan, but mostly some of them left speechless which means they don’t understand since she speaks in full English. After she repeated what she said in Korean, the class seems like to have better understanding; and the student started to rustle, here and there, trying to find a perfect partner for their project.  

“Hey, don’t you think he-“ Lina asked me, out of the blue. “No” I replied in a speed of light, leaving my chair to submit my team’s name; when I came back, she let out another protest “I haven’t even finished what I want to say!” As she said so, Taeyong passed by to submit his team’s paper.

“Oh, too bad.” This time I finally gave her my attention and turned my head to to her “What’s too bad, Lin?” She puffed her cheeks before replied “First; you make me to be your partner for this project without even asking. Second, I thought your sweetheart gonna use this opportunity to ask you to work together. Third, he just passed by to submit his team’s name paper which means he is not asking you out and he’d probably teaming up with Hansol; who actually I want to partner up with. He is interesting, and kind of hot, you know.” I listened to her with flat face; but soon turned to be an amusing smirk when I heard her last statement.

“Okay Lina, chill. First, I’m sorry if I didn’t ask you before. But also second, this is not a fan-fiction based life in which all the male characters are going to be partnered up with the female lead; if I were the lead, though. Then third; I didn’t know you like him? Okay I could take our team’s name back and ask him if he wanted to be your partner?”

NO!” she shouted; a little bit too loud that some students turned their heads towards us. Including Hansol and the teacher.

is there something wrong, Ms. Park?” our teacher asked, referring to Lina. “Uhm.. No.. Nothing. Everything’s is fine.. and lovely. Yes, lovely!” For my view I could see that Lina is getting a blush on her cheeks; knowing she just got a whole attention from the class, including Hansol. And I tried my best to keep my laughter; but I can’t help but let out a small giggle.

Alright if you said so. Now to help your brain relax, class dismissed. Do you best, kids!” with that, she left the class and I let out a big laugh at Lina. “Owww! Someone is flustered! And is red!” I said, teasing her and continue to laugh. Then I feel a vibrate from my phone.

From: Unknown Number [+010-9507-01xx]

Received 08.47 A.M.

You should laugh like that more. It’s cute and pleasant to see.

.

.

The rest of the school went by pleasant, just a little bit more fun for teasing Lina because she just finally said she likes Hansol. She have been giving hints about that, but she never say it aloud to me. Because the exam week is coming, I decided to sort out my notes. So after taking some relaxing showers and changed into a comfortable clothes, I started to take out my notes and textbooks. Only then, I realized that two of my notes and English textbook are still wiith Taeyong. What a clumsy girl, how are you going to finish your notes. Luckily it’s English, I better start with physics then. I thought and say to myself in my brain, just as when I’m about to start, my phone’s screen popped out a white box and buzzed again.

From: Unknown Number [+010-9507-01xx]

Received 07.12 P.M.

Hey, are you free tomorrow? After school?

 

 

***

Hi!

I'm back! Duh, after 4127 years!

After re-reading chapter one, I realized that.. was short.

Sorry! So I'm here to give it another try  chapter, the longer one.

And also, as what I said before, Don't get me wrong, the main character hasn't decided yet! //winkssss//

Please do comment and leave your feedback; as in it's my first fiction, it will means so much for me!

Hopefully I could post the next chapter soon.

And sorry, i didn't do proof-reading and for my poor grammar, sorry. really.

Thank you!