Chapter Three

Home

[Author Notes]

Hi! Sorry it took me a long time to post this T_T

It's mid-night and i didn't double check the grammar and spelling.

Probably gotta re-edit when i get free-time.

school is killing me

 

The next morning I woke up forty five minuter later than I usually did. Crap.

The reason is no other than the brain-draining physics. I did and do okay in school; but physics is never my thing. Trying to review the subject may not the best option, I was too occupied to even realized that was pas mid-night, and almost 2 in the morning. After another fail of trying to figure out a formula, I finally gave up.

Also as soon as I wake up, I could feel the burning sensation on my eyes; probably courtesy to lack of sleep. My eyes and body refuse to get up, but thanks to my brain and self-awareness of the fact that I still have subject to save, I rushed to the bathroom; taking a very quick shower, getting into my uniform and left in a speed of light. The weather isn’t helping either, the wind was blowing too much for my liking. I was still likely 500 meters away from my school and I glanced to my wrist; 7.26 A.M. which means there is only 4 minutes left till the first class.

Thankfully I arrived at my class just on time. Few seconds before the teacher came and the front-row students have their heads on me; probably because I ran too fast across them and now I’m panting like a mess. “Wow, that’s new” I heard from Lina, who sat in front of me, I didn’t get to sit beside her today, another girl have seated there and I’m mannered enough to not ask her to move from my usual seat. It’s just a seat, though.

“Hey” I heard again from her; and still trying to get my breath in a normal pace. But before I could even reply, the teacher decided to put her attention to me “Erhm. Alright miss; I guess you just had a nice morning run, but if you don’t mind, please help me to open your text book and read the first paragraph. Page 201.” That’s it, when I realized that I didn’t have my text book with me because I headed straight to my class room and didn’t go to my locker earlier to gather my things. Oh my.

By then, I swear my face looks more than flustered. After a not-so-good 5 seconds; I almost stand up from my seat to tell my biology teacher I didn’t have my book and ready to get the punishment; like maybe making a two-long pages of essay, but then I feel a book being shoved under my table; and find a biology text book there. When I look up, my eyes met with no other than Ji Hansol who’s I didn’t even realize for the past two minutes that I took a seat beside. “What? You should read, could thank me later”, he said. For a good secod now, I grinned to him; having thoughts in my mind.

After reading the first paragraph to please my teacher, I turned to Hansol who is not even paying attention, “Hey, thanks.” And I got a super short reply, “Yo.”. I didn’t even realize that I was still ginning like a lunatic when I heard another voice of him “Are you that happy that someone lends you a text-book?” ; “What?”. I turned my head to him again “Well, you haven’t close your mouth for like maybe 3 minutes, and you keep glancing to me. Do I attract you that much?” ; “Are you crazy?”, after realizing what I just said, I spit out an apology, because I guess the boy wouldn’t like the idea of being asked if he crazy or not; not when he just helped me.

“Okay, sorry I didn’t mean that. But ughh, yeah I’m happy that I didn’t get to any trouble; not with Ms. Park, and lastly, uhmm no?” I said, an awkward smile creeped upon my lips. “Lee Taeyong is indeed perculiar. Anyway, nice glasses. I didn’t know you wear one.”

“I don’t usually wear one. But I’m kind of late this morning and have no time to even think where did I put my lenses.”

“Oh. I knew it you were late.”

“What?”

“Saw you running like someone chasing you earlier in the morning.”

“And?”

“And I was about to give you a ride; but my buddy said you’re not even replying his texts. So I changed my mind.”

“What-“

“I’m guessing you wouldn’t even take my offer? Besides, seeing a good student being late is one of kind.”

“in daily basis, maybe yes. But not when I am literally almost late. Didn’t know you were that cruel.”

“Chill. Now shut up and focus, before Ms. Park give you another trouble, she have been eyeing you. Probably jealous you are talking to me. You could use my text book and take a good notes so later you could give it to me; you owe me. Gonna sleep.” Wow Ji Hansol kid, really?

[Chat Room: Linang~]

Sent 7:54:28 A.M.

Takes note. Write nicely and thank me later.

Received 7:55:01 A.M.

You know me, I am like 80% borrowing your notes. Why did you even ask, duh.

Received 7:55:18

Also I heard you were talking to the hottie beside you. Are you going to stab me by flirting with him or what hmmm.

Sent 7:56:02

Maybe? LOL now focus and take notes, darl.

With that, Lina turned her head to me and give me a look and I returned the look in a playful manner. The rest of the class went well, and I'm kind of amazed yet feel ridiculous at the same time because Ms. Park didn’t even try to wake Hansol up; when he clearly sleep in the class with his headphones on. Later that I know, Ms. Park really have a thing for the boys, so she would likely roast anyone who came in contact with her favorite boys; and Hansol is actually one of her favorite. Cool, what a justice.

After lunch, it’s supposed to be English class, but since we got the project, the teacher didn’t show up and we got more free time. “Lin, do you know? I sat beside Hansol earlier” grinning to her. “Baby, I’m not blind. Not when he’s hot. I certainly asked what did you talk about with him.” With that, I continue to . She looks kind of annoyed but also interested at the same time; Hansol is her favorite after all. It’s kind of funny how there are two Parks who likes Hansol. Park Lina a.k.a this bright girl, and Ms. Park from biology. “Lin, I have Hansol’s Biology text-book with me. He’s my life saviour. You know, Ms. Park.”

“What? Wow you must be lucky because one; you were seating beside him and two; you got to touch and even hold the holy text book of Ji Hansol! You might win the lottery with that kind of luck!”

“Hyperbola.”

***

It’s Friday, when usually students stay late after school; not because they have tasks or something but because it’s the time of the week when they finally got some free time. Either just hanging out with friends; or literally having some blasts. But today is a bit different, most students rushed to their locker and went home immediately and some others stuck at the library. Indeed, it’s day minus three to the exam week.

The rain starts pouring when I was about to leave the school, sighing to myself, I put my attention on my phone. Knowing the rain won’t stop anytime soon, and since I didn’t bring umbrella, I choose to wait and not to risking my poor health to drenched myself in the rain, not when exams week is right in front of my eyes. I texted my brother if he could pick me up, and thankfully he said yes. Deciding it was the best to kill the time with listening to the music and playing with the phone, I put my earphones on. After minutes of waiting, I felt someone tucked off my left earphone. Looking up, to meet the eyes of Lee Taeyong. “Not going home?” he asked. “Not in this kind of weather” I replied shortly, pointing my index finger to the pouring rain. “Umbrella?”; “Didn’t bring any.” There was a short silent after that, only the sound of pouring rain can be heard, before he initiate another conversation, “Do you want a ride home?” I was replying to my brother’s text when he asked, so I didn’t even look at him when replying “No, thanks.”

Another silent, and if I heard it right, he was sighing. “So, you are not going home? You know, driving you home won’t hurt me and won’t hurt you, either.”; “It won’t. But I got someone to pick me up.” ; “Who-“

Peach!” Here he is, my brother finally came to save me. “There. Gotta go first.” With that I ran to my brother’s car and hopped in. I felt a gaze behind me but since the rain is pretty hard, I refused to look back.

Peach! Are you even listening?!” my brother shouted, gathering my mind which I didn’t even realized that I have been staring outside for I don’t know how long. “Sorry, what?”

“Nevermind. Continue staring. Did you just having thoughts about your new boyfriend?”

“What- Boyfriend who?”

“The one that with you earlier. Looks the school is almost empty but he was still with you. Not even caring his body half-drenched in the rain while waiting with you. The drop-off-instant veranda isn’t that big for two people, you know.”

“He was drenched?”

“Yeah. You didn’t even notice? Peach since when you are that blind-”

I couldn’t grasp the rest of my brother’s sentence, I was too buzy staring outside again. Half of his remarks are true. Little did I know, Taeyong was here in my thought. Am I being too rude to him? To the level that I didn’t even realize that he was drenched? Or am I that dense? Then it’s just hit me, I realized he didn’t call me by princess or his short Canadian girl or any other silly nicknames like he usually did. And his expression was way too serious for flirting.

***

"Baby! You're here!" As soon as my mom hear my arrival; she rushed to the front door to give me a bear hug. The effect of living away. "What's bring you here, sweetie? I thought you hated seeing me." My mom joked, gaining a silly frown from my face. "Mom! Am i not allowed to stay with my oppa and my mom at my own house? Ugh the world is kind of tragic nowadays" I replied, adding a little bit dramatic tone to my sentence. "Correction; since Dad is the one who bought this house, it's his not yours." my brother added.

"I hate you guys!"

"We love you too, sweetie" they replied together in a sync.

I love my mom and brother; of course. They are both full of loves and endearing. I decided to stay there that night, for some reasons I just feel that I need a company.

"Sweetie, dinner is ready! Mom made your favorite salmon baked rice!" perks of being the youngest, they baby me so much. I immediately run to the kitchen, smelling the strong smell of the said dishes. "Oh my God; it's fantastic!" indeed, mom's dishes are always good, even the worst one will taste good, the power of being made with love.

"So sweetie, how's school?" ; "Ridiculously hectic. Exam week starts on Monday and I still have some chapters to catch up." I replied almost instantly, unconsiously pouting. My mom give me a warm smile; probably understand the struggle of being senior. Or even if she didn't she would probably try to understand. "Look mom. Peach probably needs to stay here during her exams week. As a very caring brother; I could see she wont be able to provide herself a proper meal. Her chubby cheeks are missing.” ; “Did my daughter has so much  stress to the level her cheeks are missing?”

From : Unknown Number [010-9411-xx]

Received 07.07 P.M.

Hey, I need my Biology book. Can we meet? Or I could pick it up from you.

Received 07.08 P.M.

It’s Hansol.

To : Unknow Number [010-9411-xx]

Sent 07.09 P.M.

Oh, Hansol! Sorry, I forgot to give it back to you earlier. Do you want to study by tonight?

From : Hansol [010-9411-xx]

Not really. Add my ID hansolji1121 so we can chat through KKT. Text-messaging is for old people, you know.

I chuckled at his silly remarks. “Probably dieting to attracts boys. Just look, we are here on dinner and she is texting and smiling by herself. Definitely a boy” my brother said in a mocking manner. “Baek!” ; “Get yourself together baby, do not call me by my name. I’m your oppa” Really, my brother is endearing but he could be annoying at times. That’s why I love him, though.

[Chat Room : Ji Hansol]

Sent 07:44:23

Hansol

Received 07:44:55

Took you long enough to add me. Biology text book.

Sent 07:45:22

Sorry lol I was doing things. Wow chill. I didn’t expect someone like you to study.

Do you want me to take it to your house by now?

Received 07:46:12

It’s not like I will read the whole thing, but I can’t leave my paper blank, dude. It’s late though. Tomorrow? At Sweet Treats, 10 in the morning. You owe me a cheesecake. Also, notes. I need a copy.

Sent 07:47:02

Alrightttttt! Table 12!

[Chat Room: Linang~]

 

Sent 07:48:27

Meet me at Sweet Treats tomorrow, table 12. 10 in the morning, sharp. Or earlier the better. No buts.

Received 07:49:11

Whoa. There’s exam in Monday but you are asking me out? That’s rare, what’s up?

Sent 07:49:28

Nothing, just craving for some sweets. Bring your biology notes. See you, baby!

 

With that, I put my phone on the night-stand. Smiling to myself; I hope to have a good day tomorrow. Decided to kill the night with having some conversations with my brother and mom; I left my room and went to my Mom’s.

From: Unknown Number [+010-9507-01xx]

Received 08.02 P.M.

Want to go out tomorrow? Well.. I need a refresh before the hell week starts, I guess. Not a date, just a little company.

Received 08.15 P.M.

It’s TY.

 

***

The next day, I wake up at 8. For some reasons; I’m really looking forward what would happen today. Since it’s only 8, I didn’t rush to get ready. Still laying at my Mom’s bed, decided to put some pranks to my brother who is currently still asleep beside me. I started to tickle him, and even blowing air at his neck. To my surprise, he is actually awake. The moment he opened his eyes, he started to “kill” me with his tickling skill. If anything in this world I couldn’t bear; one of them is I’m so sensitive and ticklish. It made me suffocate because of laughter. After a good 10 minutes; I finally give up. “Do not play with you bro. I’m dangerous you know!” ; “Geez you cruel!” we both laughed, it definitely feels nice to have each sibling like him. “Sooo, are you going to lock yourself in your room and study all day long?” he asked, knowing me too well. “I planned to but nope. Gonna go to the town; meeting a friend of mine.” ; “Wow that’s rare. Are you perhaps dating or flirting with someone? If yes, the boy better be good or I could beat his .” I literally laughed at his remark; over protective. “No, pumpkin. But yes I’m going to meet a boy, but chill I actually have things planned. You know, I’m going to be like a cupid!”

[Chat Room: Linang~]

Received 09:51:12

I’m here. Table 12. You better show up fast.

Sent 09:51:56

Shoot I’m late, just woke up. Enjoy your time first ;)

Received 09:52:01

Are you kidding. COME HERE FAST!

 

[Chat Room: Ji Hansol]

Received 09:52:15

Oh my way. Gotta arrive withing 5 minutes I guess.

Received 10:01:25

I just arrived. But there’s someone on table 12.

Oh, she is Lina from our class, I guess?

[Chat Room : Linang~]

Received 10:02:12

OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING WHERE ARE YOU

REPLY ME ASAP?!

MY FACE PROBABLY AS HARD AS THE ROCK

SHEEEEEEEEEETTTTT WHAT DID YOU DO

There’s hot God JI HANSOL OMFG ANSWER ME

I saw the pop-up chat from my lock screen but decide to ignore it. It’s 10:12 and I’m still at my room. I couldn’t help but smile to myself. Yes, it’s going to be great. After checking myself for the last time, making sure I didn’t forget the biology text-book and any others belonging, I bid my goodbye to my brother and mom.

[Chat Room : Linang~]

Sent 10:15:12

I told you to enjoy your time ;) Otw. 10 minutes if there’s no traffic. Or 30 minutes if you needed more time ;)

Received 10:15:55

NO

I MEAN YES YOU BETTER GET YOUR HERE FAST!

[Chat Room : Ji Hansol]

Sent 10:15:58

Hansol! Sorry I’m late! I’m on my way now. Promise gonna buy you a cheescake.

Received 10:16:22

Nah, that’s okay. Thank God you finally replied. I thought you won’t show up. But cheesecake is a must.

After about 15 minutes. I finally arrived at the said café. The first thing I saw was an awkward smile from Lina which directed to Hansol. “Hey guys! Sorry I’m late! My mom needed some help!” I greeted them; a super big smile appeared on my face. I took a seat beside Lina and she gave me a knowing look. “Hansol, here. Your biology text-book. Thank you for lending it to me!” with that. I handed him his book. We talked for a while, and I could feel Lina and Hansol are finally loosen up. Seeing them makes me happy, mostly seeing Lina. She is one of the best friend I have here, so I guess giving a her a “reward” won’t hurt. But I also feel my heart sinks a little at the sight of them. It makes me remember some events happened in Vancouver.

After ordering cheesecake for Hansol, I decided to run another plan of the day. “Hansol, do you still need the notes?” he nodded in my question, and I nudged Lina. “Why don’t you tell me! I didn’t bring mine!” Lina said, whispering to me. “Since I was kind of busy this morning, I forgot to copy it for you, but I have it with me. I wll copy it at the stationary store there.” ; “I could copy it by myself?” ; “Nah, I need to buy some supplies. And you haven’t finished your cake. I will be back, fast!” then I stand up, leaving two of them again, not forget to winking at Lina.

I went to another café near Sweet Treats, approximately 5 minutes from it. Ordering a medium-sized hot chocolate; I sat beside the window. To kill the time, I read some sub-chapters from my biology notes. I don’t know if it’s a good or bad habit of mine, but I could be too arbsorbed when I’m studying. I didn’t notice someone has took a seat in front of me until he speak up.

“Is it fun to ignore me?” I looked up, kind of surprised to see Taeyong. “What? Uhm.. Why are you here?” I asked back. “Is it that fun to ignore me?” he repeated, no expressions shown; but it more than serious. “What do you mean?” ; “Listen. I do understand if you didn’t like me because we barely know each other but can’t you give me a chance?” Did he angry because I left him yesterday?

If you’re angry because I left you yesterday, I’m sor-“

“Could you at least reply my text?”

“Text?”

“Do not play dumb. I know you are not. I clearly said that was me. You replied to Hansol but not to me. Am I that unimportant and annoying to you?” This is new. Totally new, I paused for a moment. For the second time that day; my heart sink a litte inside.

 

 

***

Yeay T_T

a longer chapter finally.

i'm really soooooooooorry to make some of you who are willing to read this wait for a long time T_T

i will try to write and post the next chapter ASAP.

Please do leave comment and your feedback!

thank you!