three

Miss Workaholic vs Mr Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, help me!” Jungkook desperately whined at his older brother who paid no attention to him and kept his eyes glued to the TV screen. Lying down on one side, Junghyun playfully kicked Jungkook in the stomach with his foot. “Oh, hush. This is a good part.” Jungkook glared at him before standing up and turning off the TV. Junghyun quickly sat up and chucked a cushion at him. “Turn it back on! They’re about to-“

Jungkook folded his arms and scoffed lightly. “I really do wonder sometimes what Yeonhwa noona sees in you and what she was thinking when she agreed to marry someone like you; childish and immature.”

Junghyun poked his tongue out. “It’s called love, brother. Something you’re missing.”

“Love my ,” Jungkook mumbled quietly under his breath as he rolled his eyes before looking back at his brother. “Hyung.”

“Kook.” Junghyun knew well what it was Jungkook wanted to talk about but there was nothing that was going to change what their grandfather decided. They both knew that. Growing up, the two brothers always got what they want. They were happy and grew up with lots of love from their mother and grandmothers. As Junghyun was the oldest, he immediately was next in line to take over after their father retires but that wasn’t any time soon. Jungkook on the other hand was lucky and could pursue anything he wanted. Sometimes Jungkook felt guilty that he got more freedom but Junghyun loved his career, surprisingly.

It’s been a couple of nights since the dinner and Jungkook has been bugging Junghyun non-stop to speak to their grandfather about pushing back the arrangement. Jungkook sighed loudly and sat against the couch, his head facing the ceiling. “What do I do?” He was tired of hiding his thoughts away and just wanted to spill them to someone, anyone. This was one of the rare moments where Jungkook was serious. Junghyun eyed his younger brother as he thought. He wanted to help but there was no use. “Go through with it.” His words stern and serious.

Jungkook groaned and shut his eyes. “I don’t want to. Hyung, you know that.” Only 20 years of age, Jungkook wanted to experience more. He wanted to travel the world and see things he has never seen before. He doesn’t think he’ll ever settle down. His life revolved around his friends, drinking and parties. Oh, and girls. Pretty girls. He didn’t want to be tied down to a stranger he didn’t know and was not planning on getting to know her either. Hwang Seolhee was the opposite was his ideal type. She was cold and harsh to him. She had made it clear that she didn’t want the marriage which was fine with him as he felt the exact the same way.

“Jungkook, as your brother, I’m advising you to just marry this girl. From what I heard, she’s perfect for you.”

Jungkook’s eyes immediately open as he choked on his spit. “Perfect?! Have you not heard what I told you? She’s so mean to me.”

Junghyun chuckled and ruffled the younger’s hair. “Exactly. Maybe she’ll help prevent you from going out so much. Who knows, maybe you’ll fall in love with her.”

“Hyung, do you hear what you’re saying?” Jungkook scoffed and ran his tongue over his bottom lip. “I, Jeon Jungkook, will not fall in love.”

Junghyun could only pull a small smile as he watched his brother. “Jungkook, when are you going to grow up?”

“Never.” Jungkook was stubborn. He already knew that nothing was going to change. Like his father said, he will get married to Seolhee.

“You said she didn’t want to marry you either. Maybe if you two work together, you’ll figure something out that will make life easier for you two to get along,” Junghyun suggested.

“I barely know her.”

“She barely knows you.”

Jungkook scrunched his nose. “Ahh, hyung! You’re suppose to be siding with me. Not some girl you haven’t met.”

Junghyun chuckled but quickly went back to being neutral. “I’m not siding with anyone. But remember that you can’t hate Seolhee. It’s not her fault.”

“I never said it was. I was just-“

All of a sudden, a small beep interrupted the brothers. Junghyun reached for his phone in his back pocket and a smile appeared instantly on his face. “Well, I got to go now.” He stood up and grabbed his jacket. “Yeon’s back from shopping with Haeun.” Jungkook also stood up. “Why aren’t they coming inside?”

“Haeun fell asleep in the car,” Junghyun explained as they head outside where Jungkook spotted his sister-in-law’s car. Yeonhwa got out of the car and smiled brightly. “Jungkookie!” He smiled back and waved as he watched his brother hug her and peck her on the cheek. His brother was honestly lucky to have someone like her. Junghyun wasn’t in an arranged marriage and met Yeonhwa through a mutual friend during their high school years. After dating for a while, they got engaged and married and 4 years later, they were blessed with a beautiful gift; Haeun. Jungkook was happy for Junghyun and his family. He deserved it.

 

“When were you going to tell me?” Seolhee stopped slurping on her black bean noodles and glanced up at her cousin. Jihye had heard from her parents about the sudden engagement and had immediately called up Seolhee to meet up even though it was now late evening. Seolhee ignored her and continued to slurp her noodles which ticked Jihye off. “Hwang Seolhee.”

Seolhee wiped with a napkin and sighed, her shoulders slumping down. “What are you talking about?” Jihye’s eyebrow rose with suspicion. “Seol, I already know. Don’t try and hide it.”

Of course she would know. There was no use playing dumb. “Okay, I’m engaged. Is that what you want me to say?”

Jihye softened and sighed lightly. “Seol-“ She was cut off as Seolhee continued to explain. “Grandpa arranged a marriage with a grandson of one of his close friends. The marriage between us is suppose to better the image for our companies. We already met each other the other day and he’s a cocky, little boy who thinks he knows everything when he knows nothing.”

Jihye blinked at her cousin before bursting into laughter. “Aw, how cute. The two of you already hate each other.”

Seolhee rolled her eyes. “I don’t want this but this is what Grandpa wants so I’ll agree to go through with the arrangement.” Jihye smiled at her in admiration. “You’re so tough,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter