one

Miss Workaholic vs Mr Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was mid-afternoon and Seolhee was sitting in a cafe, waiting for the arrival of a friend. She slowly sipped her latte while staring into space. There were too many thoughts occupying her mind that when the bell of the café chimed, signalling new people entering, she didn’t hear it. Her friend, Sera spotted her and made her way to the table. “Hey, Seol!!” Sera greeted brightly. She raised an eyebrow when Seolhee didn’t answer. Waving her hand in front of her friend’s face, she still received nothing. “HWANG SEOLHEE!” Sera yelled into her ear.

Seolhee returned to her senses and flinched at the sudden loudness. “Oh, Sera! You’re here?”

She rolled her eyes with a small grin as she sat herself across from Seolhee. “Want to tell me what you were thinking about?”

Seolhee blinked, her fingers pulling her cheeks apart. “I was blanking out?” she asked, pretending not to know anything.

“Yup, you seemed to be in deep thought,” Sera answered as she happily scanned the cafe menu.

Seolhee lowered her eyes to her fingers thinking about an excuse. “I was thinking about my report that’s due soon,” she said as normal as she could.

Sera eyed her suspiciously and flashed a cheeky grin. “Sure, you were.”

Seolhee playfully scoffed and glanced outside while continuing to sip her drink.

Sera’s phone buzzed with a new message. Her face immediately brighten up as she replied to it.

“I’m going to assume it’s one of your many men,” Seolhee chuckled lightly, raising one eyebrow.

“You could say that,” she nodded with a smile plastered across her lip. Seolhee hopelessly sighed at her friend and stood up. “Do you want me to order for you?”

Sera removed her eyes from her phone and back to her. “Yes, please! A black coffee with 2 sugars please.” Seolhee nodded and got up from her seat and headed to the back of the waiting line.

 

Jungkook rubbed his hands for warmth as he waited under a blossoming tree. His eyes travelled left to right in search for a particular someone. He was too occupied in his own thoughts, so he didn’t hear the light footsteps behind him. A pair of arms hugged his waist. Immediately, Jungkook turned around and harshly pulled the arms off him. His eyes widen.

“Babe!” he smiled brightly as he engulfed her with a tight hug.

Hyejin pulled away. “You’re too mean, Kook,” she pouted as she turned the other way and folded her arms ignoring him. Jungkook chuckled at her actions before giving her a back hug. He rested his chin on her left shoulder. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was you. Forgive me?” he apologised cutely.

She turned around to face him. “I forgive,” she smiled, “Shall we go?”

Jungkook nodded and held her hand tightly as they made their way through the busy streets of Seoul.  He was only half listening to her as she babbled on about her day. They stopped at a busy crossing. Hyejin stopped talking and realised that Jungkook hadn’t been listening to her. She frowned. She didn’t like it when Jungkook ignored her. She pulled a small, tight smile. “Jungkook,” she said sweetly.

Jungkook was too busy thinking about his grandfather’s words.

“Jungkook,” she repeated louder and firmer.

He shook his head lightly and returned his attention back to her. “Oh, sorry,” he said as he noticed she was frowning. “Is there something bothering you?” she asked with her eyebrows scrunched up.

The lights turned red and Jungkook tugged her toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter