Canines and Restrooms

Too Loud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the second grade I had a crush on this boy who I noticed one day at recess. The whole situation was nothing special, but for me that kid was my first puppy love. Now, I do not remember much about him, but I do know that he always smiled. It was something in the way the corners of his lips curved, that made me head over heels. I never knew his name, because of how shy and secluded I was from the other kids. So even talking to him was never going to happen.

Second grade was also the school year that I found out I was attracted to boys. Of course being so young I thought liking whoever you wanted was acceptable and normal. Well my simple and naive self was wrong. I quickly learned that being any different was completely unacceptable. But this knowledge came in the fifth grade when I was witnessing some helpless kid being beaten up, because he had confessed to some other guy.

●●●

While walking down the crowded and bustling street I constantly nudged or bumped into people. This probably has to do with me checking the directions every few feet, to make sure I'm not going to miss a turn and to make sure I'm at least heading in the right direction. Or simply keeping track of the time and arriving to said location on time. As I'm trying to get by, a few people begin to crowd in front of me and I come to a complete stop. I let out an aggravated sigh.

Now I am seriously going to be late. Maybe if I just squeeze past those two, I could go around the rest. I think to myself.

As I'm trying to pass though two people, someone pushes me out of the way and I begin to lose my balance. Quickly, I move completely out of the crowd and begin to walk a little faster. I pass a couple more streets and realize that I am now lost. Great. I stop in the middle of the sidewalk and search through my satchel for the direction sheet that I placed back into my bag while trying to get through the crowd from before.

While searching for the one stupid sheet of paper, I manage to make a pile of about half of the papers. The pile is tucked tightly under one of my arms. The wind begins to pick up a little bit, making the papers under my arm start to loosen up and a few of them fall on the ground. I bend down to collect the fallen papers.

You have got to be kidding m-

OMMF

My thoughts are abruptly cut short when someone roughly runs into me. I land heavily on my back, hitting the ground with enough force to probably kill me. I also hear the remaining papers, that were once held tight under my arm, fall to the ground.

"Uggghhrr" With my eyes screwed shut, I let out a scratchy and painful groan and slowly sit up while rubbing my stinging back. What the hell?! This person must be a ing tree if they-

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I was spacing out." Some stupid voice, probably whoever just ran into me, begins to quickly say. "Here, let me help you up." The same annoying voice says.

Wait, now I'm taking this all in. This stranger is actually talking to me. They actually want to 'help' me, if I heard them correctly. My mind is racing.

Slowly and timidly, I begin to lift my head. Starting at his feet, I make my way up, I notice he's in a school uniform. That's the same uniform they wear at my new school, so I'll probably see this person again. Great. I think bitterly to myself. Next, I move my eyes to his tanned outstretched hand and stare at it for just a millisecond. Whoa his hand is huge! My thoughts can't handle this. Finally I bring my gaze up to my offenders face and...holy .

"Are you okay?" I think he asks in a concerned tone, but due to my heart practically beating out of my chest, I just barely hear him.

This stranger has beautiful and light almond shaped eyes, that have this enthusiastic shine to them. His hair is dyed a smokey blue and is just a little messy, but still stylish. His lips are full and shaped into a slight opened mouthed smile. This gives me a view to his overly prominent canines. Who the hell has teeth like that?!

My mind becomes blank and I begin to feel my cheeks heat up, even in the chilled weather. Then I begin to think back to all the books I've read before, you know the ones about romance and how love at first sight is realistic. Yeah, I used to think those were complete bull , but now; now I believe. Maybe it is because he decided to acknowledge me or maybe it's because he is undeniably and unfairly, breathtaking.

Probably both.

Blinking a couple times, I bring myself back to reality and remember that all my papers are scattered around us in a mess. I quickly begin to gather the sprawled out sheets.

Holy , this is so embarrassing! Wait. Why do I even care? Since when did I care about anything?

"Huh. This one's really good, I've read it like three times."

Also, why is my heart practically exploding out of my chest?! Oh my god what if he sees me blushing? Wait, since when did I conclude that I'm blushing? Shut up brain! Just shut the hell up!

After I snap out of my mental breakdown and figure out which sheet has the station directions on it, I tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter