Chapter 2

Dancer's Passion

I sprinted out of the bus once it reached the stop, which was right after he introduced himself. He was calling after me, trying to catch up with his long legs. I was ducking, dodging, and weaving through the crowded street before slipping into a shop and having success in hiding from him. He ran past the shop, a sigh leaving my body. I didn’t need someone trying to hang on me or talk to me this year. I didn’t need friends before I graduated. Poking my head out to check to assure myself he wasn’t anywhere close, I sneaked out and headed to school. I had enough time to make it to the office and get to class before it started from the looks of it. I quickened my pace to get to school as many others were going to meet friends for a chat.

“We are thrilled to have you here, Ms. Kim. I do hope that you enjoy your time here. Here is the class schedule and here is your locker number and combination. It’s on the second floor, like many other 3rd years like yourself. If you have any questions, be sure to stop by or ask your teachers. The student council president and class president will be sure to give you a tour at lunch time. Please meet them at the entrance of the cafeteria.” The secretary handed me the necessary papers I needed as well as a school map. She seemed pretty nice. Taking the items with me, I walked to my locker with my backpack swinging behind me. I opened it with the combination, putting any items I wouldn’t need for the first class and walked off.

“Alright class, to start things off today, we’re going to write three facts of ourselves and a lie. No names will be on it as you will get someone else’s and try to figure out who it belongs to. Write it on a half sheet of paper please.” A soft sigh left my lips as I wrote the three facts and lie and folded it up. He came by with a basket that held all the papers once everyone was finished. He mixed them up and had us pluck one from the basket till everyone had one. I opened it up and read the contents.

  1. I have 4 other best friends
  2. I love food
  3. I can dance
  4. My goal after high school is to learn magic tricks

These were pretty odd. I don’t know anyone in the class, and most know each other. This one was fairly vague, but the last was clearly a lie. So, this person has 4 other best friends, loves food, and can dance. It was going to be a bit difficult to find someone like this as how in the world would I know who would classify with something like this? I soon asked in a quiet voice to a few people, getting a “no” for an answer, just as they would when they would ask me about the one they had in their hands. I would shake my head at every single one. The handwriting wasn’t mine, nor were the things I wrote on there. I wanted to give up right when someone tapped my shoulder. “Is this yours?” I turned to see a tall, good looking guy standing in front of me. He was really tall now that I got a better look, a childish grin adorned his face. He looked really cute as a little blush came to my cheeks. I read the four things written down and noticed it was also my hand writing. I nodded before holding up this one. He laughed a little before speaking again. “It seems we got each other’s! That never really happens.” I swear watching him talk and smile was like watching a tall ball of sunshine. “I’m Seungjun.” He held out a hand with the grin still on his face.

“Jasmine.” I answered softly and shook his hand, taking the paper from him as he took his back from me.

“It’s nice to meet you, Jasmine. I’m glad I got to learn a little about you.” His smile got wider, if that was possible, before he went back to his seat while waving. Surprisingly, it wasn’t that far away from mine. I blinked a little before going to sit down in my seat. He noticed as well before waving at me with his bright smile. Something tells me that I would be hearing from him later on. He appeared to be the friendly type that would talk to just about anyone. The teacher got everyone to quiet down as he passed out text books for history, starting the first lesson of the school year.

“Read pages 4-16 tonight and be ready to start off class with what you all read.” He hummed as he started wiping down the board. My notes were finished as I closed up my notebook and text book, packing up for the next class down the hall. “Hey Jasmine.” The voice of the one that called himself Seungjun emanated from behind me. I turned my head only to see that he was smiling behind me with his stuff. “Can I see your class schedule?” I handed it to him without a word as the grin got pretty huge. “We have a few more classes together. It looks like next hour and 5th and 6th period.” I tilted my head in confusion, and before I could ask why he asked, he answered. “You’re new here, so I wanted to help you out and show you where the classes we had were. Now, let’s get going to your next class.” He handed back the schedule I had and quickly ushered me out once I had all my stuff. I guess there wasn’t a possibility I would get out of this one.

Waiting for me after he went to his locker, he actually walked with me to the class. I tried to escape a few times, which he quickly caught me not too long after my attempt. He made sure I was in front of him as we walked to class. I entered in and found a spot near the window. Someone cheered and went up to give a side hug, assumedly his friend. He got caught up in chatting with him, he forgot any intentions he may have had dealing with me talking to him. I looked out the window as people filed in and class began. It was time for mathematics as text books were passed out. A work sheet was passed out for the teacher to test what would need reviewing in the next week or two of school. I worked on it silently as others chatted happily with people to catch up on what they did on the small break. I finished the work sheet first, handing it to the teacher and proceeded to my seat. Most didn’t spot me, a few pairs of eyes noticing me while I walked back to my seat. It was better than I expected, but I wished those eyes didn’t follow me for a brief amount of time. One pair of eyes were sneaking glances at me, which I wasn’t aware of till I looked around to see a man looking at me. He averted his gaze the instant I noticed as I set my sights out the window. I saw movement as it was the one that was looked at me handed in his paper. He turned to go back to his seat, looking at me before sitting down. Slowly but surely, pretty much all the people in the class turned in the worksheets. “Anyone that’s still finishing up the worksheet, take it home and bring it to me first thing tomorrow.” The teacher dismissed us. I quickly packed up and walked out of the classroom before Seungjun could snag me again. Switching my stuff out for the next class, I quickly ran off with my schedule and map in hand to get to science class.

The moment I walked into the class, there was a seat chart posted on the board. I withheld an inner groan as it was pretty frustrating that a teacher would pull that move. However, every single seat was filled, so I suppose that could be why there was a seating chart. I walked to where my name was and sat down, wondering who this Lee Jeongmin was. As more and more entered the classroom, they found their seats and chattered away. It was rather boring since they would talk about the most trivial things possible. My focus was mostly on my notebook until someone sat down next to me. I brought my gaze up to notice a guy was sitting next to me. He had sandy brown hair with blond highlights in it. It looked pretty good on him as he turned his face to see mine. His brown eyes were soft and warm and….wait! What am I thinking? I took the thoughts of his handsomeness out of my head while he gave a light, charming smile. “You must be Kim Jasmine? I’m Lee Jeongmin.” He bowed his head to me as I did the same. I mumbled a “Nice to meet you,” as we turned out attention to the teacher. A text book was handed out while we were introduced what the course entail and other details. They were quite normal if you ask me. The class was dismissed not too long after as people packed up. “See you tomorrow, Jasmine.” Jeongmin smiled to me and bowed his head, leaving me there. I was a bit surprised by it. He didn’t talk to me the entire class period or pester me. Usually people pestered the new girl, but this was turning out to be different. Seems pretty nice if you ask me.

Lunch was scheduled between third and fourth period with 45 minutes to eat. I stood outside the cafeteria, waiting to get my food. Many individuals passed me, completely oblivious I was standing there. This low profile thing was really working out in my favor. I rather liked it. If only it could go on till my graduation, then I would be the happiest girl alive. My gaze set in no particular spot, I zoned out until I heard someone clearing their throat. There was a man standing there in front of me as well as a girl who had a big smile on her face. “Hello there! We were sent to give you a tour of the school today.” She was bright and happy, clearly full of energy. However, she looked very familiar.

“Hyeri?” I tilted my head a little as confusion and curiosity was written all over my face. The girl’s eyes went wide before squealing and hugging me. “Oh my gosh! Jazzy! It really is you!” I was a bit taken back by the hug before smiling a little and hugged her. Hyeri, being my first best friend that was a girl, was the one I got along with so well. It had been 5 years since I had last seen her and I’m surprised she still remembered me.

“It’s been a while. How have you been?” I spoke first, my voice a bit more of a normal volume as she grinned while holding onto my hands.

“It has! I’m doing pretty well right now. I missed you so much. How have you been?” She tilted her head, her loose, somewhat short locks shifting with her movements.

“I’ve been alright. I hope we don’t have to move anymore. This is the 3rd time we’ve moved.” I frowned as I felt so much more comfortable talking to her now. Perhaps I could have just one friend while I’m here.

“I hope so too. I don’t want you moving before graduation. We have to graduate together, just like we promised.” She giggled and soon cleared . “I’m here to help our president represent the student body. I’m the class president. Pres, why don’t you introduce yourself to my friend?”

He nodded and bowed a bit. “I’m the student council president, Kim Younjin. I usually go by Youjin. No formalities needed.” He smiled a little. That’s when I realized he was the one that was in my math class that handed his paper in after I did. Well, isn’t this a small school?

“Nice to meet you, Youjin.” I bowed my head when I heard a gasp and feet quickly hurrying over to where we were standing. “Jasmine! I didn’t know you were the one getting a tour from Youjin. Can I join?” Seungjun looked between the two of them as they shrugged, not having a problem with it really. “Yes! Now I get to help show Jasmine everything!” Watching Seungjun was pretty entertaining as he was doing a little victory dance.

“Um, can we get some food and then do the tour. I’m a little hungry.” My stomach growled not long after I spoke those words and everyone laughed.

“Yeah, let’s get some. I’m starving.” Hyeri agreed with me on the food idea as we walked into the cafeteria together.