Chapter 3

Dancer's Passion

While walking into the cafeteria, many voices hushed as multiple pairs of eyes landed on the figures that just entered. Excited whispers could be heard as all those that were paying attention watched as the student body president just went past all the on lookers. The president appeared to be used to all of this, as if it were something that occurred every day. In fact, it did, and he just continued to ignore all the student body that tried to draw his attention to them.

"It's President Youjin! Isn't he as handsome as usual?" One student sighed softly as her friend only vigorously shook her head in agreement.

"Look! It's Seungjun too! He's so cute and dreamy! I hope he smiles this way!" Another apparent fan of the two squealed just loud enough to have him turn his head and smile, waving in a very friendly manner.

Hyeri chuckled softly as she nudged me. I did my best to keep a neutral expression before shifting my attention to her. "These two are loved by many of the students here. Youjin for his smarts and features that "fit" him to the look of a student body president, and Seungjun for his amazing height, boyish charms, and athletic abilities. He's one of the best basketball and track students our campus has." I nodded with a small look of amazement before continuing to go get some food.

"Who is she?" I could hear one inquire to her friend. Dammit, I may not be able to fly under the radar I suppose.

"I don’t know. I've never seen her before." With that, I was simply dismissed as someone that may have just been in the background and nobody would have every guessed just transferred to the school that day.

Hyeri watched me closely, noticing my tiny signs of relief, smirking a little bit. "I see. You want to be under the radar at this school? That doesn't really seem like the Jazzy I know. However, it's your wish. I'll respect it of course. I don’t know if Seungjun might though." Frowning, she stood next to me in the line as we drew closer to the food.

***********

The food was delicious, which wouldn’t be odd for such a good school. I was glad that I was just brushed off as just another girl that was attending the school. It would have been detrimental if something in my plan had gone wrong. We were walking about on our tour. Classes weren't due to start in 10 more minutes. We had only one more location, and for some odd reason, it was a tree….

"This is our last stop on our tour. This is our campus's famous Lucky Tree. It is rumored that you can be granted great luck if you study here for your tests as well as exams, perhaps even get into a top college. It is quite a spectacle to see so many student study under hear every time exams are arriving." Youjin gestured to the tree as he spoke, adding a couple hand movements and slightly varying facial expressions while explaining.

"You should really see what it's like in the morning! I've studied under this tree and had to get here super early in order to get a great spot up in the tree. Many go up into the tree to study as well as surround the base of the tree. We have a couple days before exams dedicated just to studying. Many teachers have to often come out here to check attendance. There is also a reason why there is a dome over it. The school thought that with so many students coming to study here during exams, they placed a dome over the top so they could stay warm and not have to worry about their items getting blown away. They made it quite large so the tree can grow for many years without having to constantly rebuild." Seungjun seemed quite happy about being able to give such information about the tree to us, although it was aimed more towards me as I didn't really have a clue why the tree was so special, till they started explaining that is.

I pursed my lips a little before speaking again. "So, you're telling me that large amounts of students come to school early and stay here all day, just to study under the tree to gain luck on exams and tests? Is it true?" I tilted my head as I was a little confused if it were really true. It seemed a little too good to be true if you ask me.

Seungjun chuckled a little bit before answering my question with a great big grin. "Of course it's true! I studied here for most of my exams and I got high marks on all of them! Even in my worst subjects!" He danced around a little bit like that of a younger boy, which was a bit comical. However, it was also a little surprising. Then again, Hyeri did tell me that he was known for boyish charms. I suppose this is one of them.

"I have studied here as well and received the highest points on every test." Youjin spoke in agreement with Seungjun's statement, clearing his throat a bit.

Seungjun whined softly before pouting a little bit. "You always get the highest marks no matter what. Even on pop quizzes you get top marks on it. You just study nonstop." Hearing Seungjun complain a little bit, Hyeri started to giggle a little at how he was acting. I will admit, it was a little cute, but that was about all it was. If he did that too often, I would get quite annoyed with it. Every person has their limits you know. I have a cap on the amount of childish actions that can take place in one day. This one whining may be able to see how I get when people break that cap.

"Boys, we need to get to the next class, or we'll all be late. It wouldn't look good if we were late, especially Jasmine. She is new and needs to be on time." My friend clapped her hands to draw attention to herself so she could express her opinion. She still remembered how I preferred to be on time with all of my classes. Hyeri, you don't know how glad I am to have you around right now. I'm so glad that you still remember all this stuff!

Youjin nodded and started to walk away without a word, all of us following him back into the school so we could gather our items to get to our next class. I looked down at my schedule that was hidden away in my pocket, just waiting for me to open it again. It turns out to be my English class. Well, at least it's a subject I know fairly well. Sighing softly, I gathered my materials and headed off.

Upon walking into the class, I noticed about half of the students would be attending 4th period English were present already. Finding an empty seat in a spot that wouldn't be very noticeable for a new student to sit in, I quickly got my notebook, pencil, pen, and eraser out. Most were reclined in their seats on their phones, chatting happily away with others to see what their vacations were like. Most talked of going to nice destinations, some even foreign. It was mind boggling how many of them had so much money. Well, I'm glad that I was able to get in, but could they just not rub it in other's faces how much money they had exactly?

"Hello there ladies! Your favorite man has arrived!" A guy strolled right on in, his uniform a bit lazily put on. He had a bit of a bright smile on his face, but it was just about as lazy as his uniform. His light brown hair was a bit messed up, but not as if he just rolled out of bed. If he was a bit more cleaned up and such, then perhaps he wouldn’t be as lazy looking. His brown orbs searched for the best spot, which happened to be right in front of my seat. Turning around, his gaze went up and down my sitting figure. "Hey there, cutie. Never seen you here before. You must be new, or I'd already know the name to such a pretty face." He smirked a little bit, trying to see if his charm would work on me. Gag me.

I just turned my head, fixing my gaze to whatever was outside before he tapped my desk. Sighing, I turned my attention to him and spoke in a flat tone. "What's it to you if I'm new? Go back to your fan club." I shifted my gaze back to the window before he chuckled a little.

"My my, a cold one? Your tongue is about as dangerous as your looks. I'm interested now. I do like it when girls are stubborn. I bet I'll make you a new member of my fan club. I'll be more than happy to go to the fan club meetings if you'll be there, sweet heart." He tried to give a charming smile, but goofed up on it a little bit as he looked a bit lazy still. Just thinking of being one of his followers made me mentally vomit. How disgusting will he get?

"Over my dead body. Leave me alone." I gave him a hard glare as his eyebrows raised a little bit from my reply. Except, that only seemed to peak his interest even more than my presence apparently already did.

He leaned over his chair and almost over onto my desk, trying to get close to my face. "You're quite a stubborn one. I like it even more. I love a challenge. Care to challenge me some more so I can show you just how charming I can be?" He soon changed up his expression so he was making a great attempt to be charming. I'll admit, he was good looking when he tried, but he reminded me a bit of an alien if you ask me.

A slam on the desk next to me made us jump. I gave a surprised expression to the man that appeared next to us, noticing his fist on the table. "Taehyung, just leave the girl alone. You already heard that she isn't interested in your pompous . Just shut up and hit on a member of your fan club. It's sickening that on the first day of a new school year you're already flirting with every girl you lay your eyes on." The guy was pissed off, that was for sure. The actions brought the guy in front of me, apparently named Taehyung, sneer at him and mutter and insult about the guy next to me before turning around. The guy next to me let a puff of air out before turning his attention to me. He smiled a little before speaking. "Is this seat taken? You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" I shook my head before he sat down and heaved his items down in the space under the desk. "You're not much of a talker, are you?"

"Does it look like it to you?" Giving a questioning gaze to the guy next to me, he chuckled a little bit before shaking his head.

"Nah, you look like the girl that wants to keep to herself." Noticing my nodding to his statement, he showed sighs that he was a bit interested in that. "Well, if you are in the mood to chat, just be sure to let me know. I'll be cool with it." I hummed softly as an agreement to what he said, knowing all too well he'll probably trying to get me to talk to him at some point.  He went to chatting with a friend of his nearby before the teacher came in and started the class.

"Okay, that is about it for today. You're free to chat as you will. It is the first day of classes for you all, so today shall remain an easy day." The teacher soon started to erase everything that was written on the board. Promptly after the teacher spoke those magic words, the room erupted into cheerful chitter chatter. The teacher sat down in the chair behind the desk so he could just take a moment to relax. No doubt he had a bit of a chaotic class earlier. I honestly feel a little sorry for him that he might have had to deal with a difficult class earlier in the day. A teacher's life is a difficult one. I just doodled in my notebook, making sure to put up a wall of ice around me as my aura so nobody would bother trying to talk to me. The bell soon rang right after, telling us that we were allowed to just get up and leave for our next class. The teacher smiled and waved us all off before leaving the room as well.

Plopping down my sketchbook for my art class, I made sure to take a seat near the back to where it was a little difficult to see me. I played with my pencil a little bit as I wanted to remain distracted from everything till the teacher walked into the class to begin class. Sighing softly, I remained oblivious to the people that were walking in, especially Seungjun. He noticed me right away and hurriedly walked over to the seat that was next to me at the large table. Someone managed to beat him to that spot however, my wonderful friend. "Hey there, Jazzy." Hyeri grinned before glaring at Seungjun. He pouted a little like a hurt puppy before sticking with the table that was in front of us.

"Hey Riri. Is it normal for him to do something like that? Does he act like a puppy at times?" I whispered softly to her before she giggled and nodded to confirm my suspicions.

"Often times, if he isn't able to get to do what he wants, then he will pout and sulk over it like a little upset animal or child. A lot of girls around here actually like how cute he can get when he pouts. It's pretty interesting actually. I think he is just a spoiled little brat at times." She shrugs before smiling and waves to someone that called out her name to say hi. I see she is as friendly as she ever was. I suppose it is difficult for some people to change over the years. Perhaps that was her personality since the beginning.

The door soon banged open to reveal the same obnoxious guy that was in my last class. What the hell is he doing here? Am I just a doomed person? I secretly scowled as he smirked and sauntered over. "Hello everyone. Your favorite campus dream guy is here." He winked at a few, a couple girls and even a few guys freaking out over how he was "charming" his way into the class. He sat himself down at the table that was right next to the one Hyeri and I were sitting at. Damn it. "Hey there, Hyeri darling. How was your break? I see you're still as lovely as usual." He winked and sent her a flying kiss in her direction. She cringed and made a bit of a disgusted face at his remarks and actions towards her.

"Taehyung, go away. Nobody wants the gross alien you are, in this wonderful class. I think you should be in a different class as you don't have a shred of artistic talent what so ever." She stuck her tongue out at him, bringing him to an expression of supposed shock.

"My my, lovely class pres, you are being quite hostile towards me. I haven't done anything to you to deserve such treatment." He placed a hand on his chest as his jaw was wide open, overexaggerating his shock.

"Liar. You have done so much stuff to piss me off since we started going to the exact same school. If I could, I would have you transferred to a different school. However, I have no such power." Hyeri frowned before crossing her arms, shaking her head at how much of a pain in her side he was.

"Well, whatever you say, I don't see any proof. On a side note, who is the cutie that you're sitting with? I wouldn't mind being introduced to her." He set his gaze right on me and made a smooch sound. Ugh, he gives me the creeps! I whispered to Hyeri a witty response, which she only giggled about.

Hyeri cleared before speaking clearly to he could understand every syllable she was about to usher. "Nothing you need to know. You're such a moron already, it is something you don't deserve to know." She grinned at him with her  arms crossed. I was inwardly clapping for her as there was nothing better than seeing how he scowled at the response. We both knew that he wanted my name. Heck, anyone in the last class would have realized this. Something like this would just piss me off quickly. I better make sure he doesn't get his grubby hands on my name, let alone me. Then again, Hyeri may have my back to keep him off.

The rest of the class had finally entered and the class began. Small, basic exercises on geometric concepts were on the board. A sheet was passed around slowly yet surely to get all the names of everyone that was present for the class. However, there was another person that caught my eye. He was in the same class as my science class. If my  memory served me correct, then that was Jeongmin. I wasn't exactly sure why he was in this class as well, but then again, you never exactly knew who was in your other classes until the beginning of class. He was busy sketching in his sketchbook, focusing so well that you figured he might be good at this subject. I wonder if he is a good artist. Wait, what are you thinking Jasmine! You told yourself you wouldn’t' get attached to anyone! But then again, you already are attached to Hyeri. However, she's an exception. She's an old, long time friend of mine! Okay, she's the only one. Just don't get attached to anyone else!

The bell rang soon after the sheet finished getting passed around the large art studio. Hyeri and I packed up quickly to leave Taehyung and Seungjin behind. "So, Jazzy dear, what class do you have next?" Hyeri giggled softly as she followed me to my locker, tilting her head in a fashion that made her short hair slip ever so slightly into her face.

"I have computers and then my PE class. I'm not sure if I should try my hardest in PE class or not. I have been getting better at it after all. I got first place in track and field for the races and relays I would participate in my last high school." I smirked as I got a note book out as well as some writing utensils before closing my locker. Seungjin was standing there with a frown, obviously upset that we left him behind.

"Hyeri, Jasmine, you're both so mean to me. I was hoping we could walk back from class together." He had the puppy dog eyes that looked so adorable on him. Why is he so adorable when he does something like that? I can see the dog ears drooping and the tail limp. Wait, why am I imagining this? Get that thought out of your head! Sighing, I shake my head before saying goodbye to Hyeri and started down the hallway to the staircase. Seungjin was running right behind me, catching my arm that was free and pulled me to a stop. "I wanted to walk to class with you. You're friends with Hyeri, so you're also my friend, got it?" He had a stern look on his face while he sighed and started down the stairs. If it were like the cartoons, question marks would be around my head. Shrugging it off, my feet started to take me down to the basement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello wonderful people! Sorry that I didn't update this in about a year, but I'm back at it again! I'm going to be bringing you updates throughout the summer so you have a silly story to look forward to when you need a pick me up! Hopefully you enjoy it and I'm looking forward to your feed back!