How it all started 1.

Is this love?

Hwayoung POV

"Mom can't I just stay home. I don't feel to well" I tug at my mom arm and she puts my coat on

"Sweaty the only reason you want to stay home is because of your nerves. You don't have to be nervous, just be yourself honey" She tucks me in and cups my face

"Mom! I..I just don't want to go" 

"Sweety it is always hard to go too a new school" I mumble to her and she smiles at my broken korean

"You still have a lot to learn. Just be who you are and they will like you for you."

*                                             *

"Just look at her..." 

"We should call her fatty."

"Where are you from Fatty?" I see the girls walking over to me and more come. they circle around me and start to pinch me.

"You don't look Korean, are you sure your father is Korean?" The other six year olds start tease me. One shoves me hard and I fall over.

"AAhh fatty you can't even stand..."

"Your weight must be pulling you down huh" They start to move closer and before someone can hurt me, I hear someone speak up

"Hey!" They all turn around and the girls suddenly start to giggle

"What do you guys think that you are doing?!"

"Nothing...Oppa~ We where just having a bit of fun" The girls start to act all innocent.

"Leave her alone."

"What? Hyung"

"Go leave her! And if I catch any of you ever bothering her again"  He doesn't finish his sentence but he sounds so strong so sure of his words.I hear everyone leave and I can feel someone sitting next to me. 

 

"Are you hurt?" I look up at him and I quickly look away. I can feel my cheeks blushing. Now I understand why all the girls where suddenly giggling. I shyly look up to him again and he is holding out his hand.I look at him and he looks encouraging at me. I take his hand and he helps me stand up

 

Jimin POV

Everybody has been buzzing today about the new girl, I have been looking around but I haven't seen her yet. I do see a lot of kids standing in a circle, is there.. I look closer and I see that they are surrounding someone. A girl, she is lying on the floor. I quickly walk over to them, this is ridiculous. They shouldn't bully anyone. I feel my blood boiling and I walk faster to them
After I manged to chase t hem away, I kneel down beside her. See is just rolled up, scared. I try to talk to her, but when she looks at me she quickly turns away and turns red. So cute. I stand up and offer her my hand.

"I am Jimin" I help her stand up and she smiles at me. Oohh she is so cute, all red. I giggle and she seems to relax a bit

"I am Hwayoung"

"Hwayoung that is a beautiful name"

"Thank you" I try to hold in my laughter, she is just adorable.

"You know from now on you should call me Oppa."

"Why is that?" I laugh at her cheeky answer

"We will be friends, best friends!" I take her hand and she looks confused at me "come lets go"

 *       *    

"Don't mind them." I put my arm around her. They are still bullying her from time to time, but they have been treating her more like others.

"I am trying" We have become a lot closer and it is nice to have a close friend.

She has not only become a close friend, my best friend but also like my little sister. I want to protect her from all harm, I want to make her smile, laugh, I want to make her happy. 
And I am going to try my best to achieve that.

 

Hwayoung POV

 

"Do tell me sissie, why are you smiling so much" My sister tickles me and I laugh

"Well..."

"She met a boy"

"Mom!" They all start to tease me and my mom continues "His name is Jimin and he is coming by later"

"Really? Ooee.. I can't wait to see this heart stealer."

"Oohh please don't make things awkward. "

 

"Jimin nice to see you again" Jimin and his mother walk in and she greets me warmly.

"Come lets go" Jimin grabs my hand and we go outside.

"You want to see what new dance move I learned?" I nod and he stretches a bit before showing me what he learned.

 

*           6 years later     *

"Waahh! Amazing!" Jimin is showing off his new moves and nothing truly changed.

"Tadaa! I was amazing was, I not." He smirks at me and I clap.

"You were amazing!"

"I am amazing..."

"tss keep on dreaming Jimin" He sits down next to me and he puts his arms around me.

"What happened?"

"Aahh you noticed"

"You know I always notice if something is wrong with you, I am your best friend" He tries to act cute and I smile at him

"Just the usual."  You would think I would have gotten used to be called ugly, fat or anything else. But everyday it still hurts at much as the first time I heard it.

"You are beautiful, you are truly beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you differently." He pulls me closer and  rest his head on my shoulder.

 

Jimin POV

I can't believe that everyone is still bullying her. What they say about her is truly unbelievable. I just don't know how to make them stop. When I am around they don't do anything, but when I am not close they still do it sneakily. I just don't get it, I don't see what they see, to me she is beautiful, she has a beautiful heart, not only that, she is pretty. Aii stop thinking like that. I focus back on Hwayoung and she is still looking into nothing, I should try to cheer her up. 

"Come lets go and get something nice to eat" I take her hand and together we leave.

"Shall we get some icecream?" I look at her and she nods

"I love icecream"

"And I love you"  She giggles and becomes red. I swing our arms back and forth and we walk into the store.

"What kind of favor do you want?" I look at Hwa and she points at strawberry

"Love that choice" I wink at her and get in to pay.

 

I hear some girls arriving and when I walk closer I can hear their insults
"She is so fat..What is she even doing here? Nobody wants to be with her. So Ugly"
I bald my fists, I am trying so hard not to act out.  I quickly walk outside and stand in front of Hwayoung.

I look at them and they seem to e shocked to see me.
"Jimin"

"You two are horrible" They are looking confused now at me.

"Oppa~we We are just saying the truth"

"The truth...Tss..You two must be blind then. Here is only one pretty girl and she isn't among you two."

"Lets go" I pull Hwa with me and she is still looking down.

 

"Here" I hold the icecream in front of her, but she is still looking down.

"Hwa" I let her look up and her eyes are filled with tears.  I can feel my anger coming up again

"Stop  listening to them!" I pull her up

"You are beautiful, they are just jealous. Okay.."

"Why are you even hanging out with me!? They all like you, just go!" She stands up and I can see the hurt and frustration on her face, it pains me to see her like this, but more then that that she truly believes that we shouldn't be friends because of what the others say, that she believes them.

"Aahh! Stop it!"


Hwayoung POV

He pulls me into a hug and I struggle to get out but he holds me close.
"Hwa you are not fat, ugly, weird or anything else."

"I am...Everyone knows it as well."

"You are just 12. Wait until puberty is over, then everyone including you will see what I see"

*   2 years later          *

"There she is again, How are you Fatty" I try to walk past them, but  Chiwon throws me down on the floor. I see his hand rising and I raise up my hands and close my eyes. I wait to feel his hand, but I hear someone else falling.

"You are all cowards, hitting a girl. Fight someone of your own gender."

"Jimin?" He pulls me up and hands me my books.  He stares at them one at the time

"Apologize"

"Hyu-"

"You heard me, a-po-lo-gize"

"I...We are sorry Hwayoung-shi"

Jimin nods "If I catch you again, I won't be so kind."He takes my hand and he slurs me off with him.

"You should really learn how to fight" He chuckles at me and  I look to the ground

"Hey!" He stands in front of me and pinches my cheek.

 "You shouldn't look down, how are you going to see my handsome face?" I can't contain my laugh and hit him

"What handsome face?"

"Aissh, min!" He puts his arm around my shoulder and tickles me.

"Okay...Okay..Stop!" I puff out and give in "Your handsome face"

"See wasn't that hard" He smiles proudly

"It was, it even took torture too convince me" I quickly run off and I hear Jimin following me closely.

 

 

I still don't understand why you don't want to study dance, you are so good" He has been dancing while I have been learning
"Now books..You enjoying that?" He pouts at me and I tick his forehead.

"I do" I want to be a prosecutor or lawyer" He pulls a cringed face, but he then smiles at me

"Aahh what" He is looking weird at me...Admiration?

"I am just proud" He starts dancing and I put my pen down to look at him

"Jimin oppa, thank you"He stops and smiles at me, And it also makes me laugh. His smile, his eyes, his adorable laugh. It is contagious.  

"come here" He pulls me down and teaches me his dance


Jimin POV

"More like this. Your arms then like" I go stand behind her and help her to go in the right direction

"Then you move a little" I guide her a bit to the left "And turn" She turns around and stops facing me
I stop talking, she is looking directly at me. So lose, I can smell the en nice soap she always smells like. It is tingling my nose. I let go of my strong hold around her waist, my hands are now carefully resting on her waist.

I look into her eyes, beautiful hazel brown. I love how innocent they always look. I carefully look at her lips..I hear someone making a noise and I quickly step back.

"Are you staying for dinner Jimin?"

"Next time" I bow tot her mother and get my things

"I-I will see you tomorrow" I hug her and quickly walk off. Feeling her confused eyes on my back.

What is wrong with me? I burry my face into my pillows. I can't stop thinking of lips, how close she was. How nice she smelled.

Aaaii.... I have started to think more and more of Hwayoung. Even my mother has noticed that we act differently around each other. Maby..No I can't... I can't fall in love with her...But.. Why is my heart beating so fast...?

What if I am.. and not falling in love with her, but..I have always been?
“Aaah!” I burry myself into my sheets. What am I going to do?!

 

*       *

“Audition?” I am telling my parents everything my teacher has told me. I am so anxious to there reaction, I hope that they are going to let me. I really want to.

“Okay Jimin”

“Really?” They nod and I start to jump up and hug them. I am so happy, I am going to be a trainee!

"Hwayoung!" I walk into her garden and she looks up, busy with books like always

"Oppa" She stands up and I pull her into a hug

"What is wrong?" I let go and I can't contain my smile

"I am going to audition for Big Hit"

"Really! OMG!!" She jumps up and gives me a hug

"I am not sure that I will make it in, but"

"You will. You definitely will!"
She lets go and she is so excited for me. She is to cute.

"Are you going to help me?"

"Of course I am." I smile brightly at her and she ticks on my nose

"This is not a time for smiling or jokes." She crosses her arms and I nod.

"Yes Mam!"

"Good, you must listen well to me from now on." 

"Yaa..Did you just speak informal to me?"  She backs away a little and shakes her head 

"No I did not"

"Are you sure? "

"Deh~" She runs away and I quickly chase after her. I catch her and hold her close

"Arasso, arasso, I won't talk informal anymore" We are both puffing out and I wrap my arms stronger around her

"No.. I like it." 

*                                                                 *

"That was amazing! You are going to nail it tomorrow! I am one hundred percent sure of it."
Hwa is looking at me and she is smiling broadly. 

"Are you sure?"

"I am"I sit down next to her and put my head onto her shoulder. For the past days I have been working hard to perfect it, to make it even better. I am so happy that she has been by my side to help me, support me mostly. 

"Yun also thinks that you will make it"

I mum...Yun...they became friends not long ago. She is just to weird, suddenly became friends with Hwa, the popular girl.  she seems nice, but she always come a little to close to me. Always wants to walk in between us.That is reallyreally annoying. How am I going to hold her hand if she keeps on intruding. It is just weird..

"You are coming with me tomorrow, right?" I look at Hwa and she nods

"Good, you always bring me luck" I take her hand and she blushes.

*                                                                                                    *

"And?" I just had my audition and Hwa has been waiting outside for me. 

"Aaah tell me?!" She stamps on the ground, she seems so nervous. I hold my laugh back and nod.

"You got.. Waahh~!" I run up to her and lift her up

"I got in!" 


We are celebrating that I got accepted, when I can't find Hwayoung anywhere. I look for her and there she is sitting outside by herself. I sit down next to her and she quickly wipes away her tears.

"What is wrong?"

"I am just happy " I know that is not all, I wrap my arm around her and she can't contain her tears. 

"I forgot that you would be leaving to Seoul"

"Aahh..." I totally forgot about that. I pull her closer and her head leans onto my chest.

"You won't be lose me." I scrape my throat. I totally forgot, How am I going to leave her?

"We still have a few days, lets spend them together. Just you and me."

"Don't you want to spend time with yo-your friends?"

"No... I only want to spend time with you. Just you" I can't stop my tears as well and hold her closer...Only you.

 

Hwayoung POV

"First a promise" Jimin holds up his pink and smiles at me

"Okay what kind of promise?" I take  his pink

"Lets not cry the coming days we have, they are not a goodbye. Lets make some more memories together."

"More memories" We seal our promise

"Remember this" He points to the swings and we both sit in one

"Yes you took me here the first time we met"

"I did" He is smiling to himself "I did it to cheer you up"

"Well you succeeded." I smile at him and he turns red.


We are now walking besides one another and his hand slightly brushing against mine. I look a bit at him and he seems nervous, our hands keep brushing against each other swiftly.
I have felled so nervous this entire day, we have been glaring at each other, stealing glances. When he looked at me... I start to blush again. The way he looks has changed a long time ago already, but today it has been clearer. 

His hand touches mine again and this time he carefully takes my hand. I can hear my heart racing. He has hold my hand before, many times, we practically grew up holding hands, but.. This time, its is different and it seems that we both know it. 

"Waahh look at that" We see some kids making bubbles and they are going all up in the air. 

"It looks so nice, with the sun" We are both looking at the bubbles and it looks really magical. 

"Lets pop them"

"Aahh why" I look at Jimin and he gives me an innocent look

"Hop up, you are to small to pop them" I jump up his back and hit him lightly

"You are also not that tall Park Jimin" 

We walk trough the bubbles together and I let my arms losly around his neck. I try not to smile to much, I love this moment. 

"You don't have to get off" We are now past the bubbles and Jimin hops a little and I let out a little squeak.

"Arasso" We continue to walk looking to the sun setting. 

 

Jimin POV

We are laying down on the grass...I love that she is so close, her head onto my chest looking at the sky. I start to play with her finger. I wish we could just stay like this forever.

"We should go to the beach tomorrow, do you want to go?" It has been nice weather, I would be nice to go with her

"I would love to! Would be nice to see the sea" She immediately sits on straight. We are both excited and are making plans what we should do, when she suddenly stops talking and looks the other way.

"Why~what is wrong?" I slightly tug at her shoulder

"You are moving tomorrow"  I can feel my smile fading. I totally forgot about that, the last days...I look at Hwa. The sun shinning on her, how am I going to leave her?

"Maybe I can go later? Sure that" She takes my hand and makes me stop talking

"You are going. It is not the last time we will see each other. It will just take a little time"

"I.. I just don't want to lose you"  I shyly admit my true feelings 

"Who said that you are. I am not going anywhere"

"Promise" I hold my pink up and she nods

"Promise"

"Lets look at the sun going down"

I take her hand and we go to sit up higher. It looks so beautiful, so beautiful. I look at Hwa and she is also enjoying the view. I love this moment, I feel so happy. I can't contain my smile anymore. the view is beautiful, but my eyes keep coming back to her. She looks stunning, so beautiful. 

"Hwa"

"Yes" She turns to face me and the only thing on my mind is that I want to kiss her. She smiles at me and she looks... I try to focus on her eyes, but my eyes keep on focusing back on her lips. 
I slowly lean in and back away to see if she minds. Her eyes are closed and I carefully give her a kiss. 


I kissed her....I finally got my courage and... I start to dance, I finally kissed her! But the toughed of tomorrow....I plof down onto my bed. 

"What am I going to do tomorrow?"

I say it out loud, the past days still feel like a dream. A dream that finally came true. How am I going to see bye? It was already hard to let her go and say goodnight. 


"Be careful" My mom hugs me a last time and I quickly give a long hug to my little brother.

"Aahh Jimin" I see Hwayeons mother walking to me and she gives me a big hug

"We will miss you Jimin."

"I will come by and visit as soon as I can" She smiles at me and I see Hwa a bit back, she is kicking the rocks.

"Hey" I shrug her shoulders a little we make eye contact and her eyes are watered up.

"You should do your best Jimin."

"I will" I take her hand 

"don't forget to text me"

"I will text you a lot." She smiles and I wrap my arm around her.

"Will you come and visit me when you have the chance?" I as her nervously

"I will.." Her voice is shaking and mine is also cracking up

"Don't cry...If you cry I will also cry."

"Arasso.."

"Hwayeon... I eum..."  I nervously take her hand 

"Hwa I love you" I let her go and her eyes are wider by my sudden confession. My hands are starting to sweat more and more, she is still looking shocked at me. Still looking silent at me.

"Jimin we need to go" Hwa still hasn't answered. But I really need to go. I squish her hand and get into the car.

We drive off and I see her follow us for a while before stopping. I start to squish my hands. I don't want to cry. I will see her again. I will. 

 

Hwayoung POV

It has been so long since I have last seen him. Jimin oppa... I look at our photo again. I can still hear his words... I love you  Why didn't I just say it back. My whole heart was jumping. I..I still can't believe that he feels the same way. I just feel bad I haven't said it back, we have avoided talking about it and I als don't know how to bring it up. Every time I try he just avoids it and.. AIssh

"Hwa you are going to be late, you have to go to school" I grab my bag and quickly walk out. 

I kick the stones, I miss him. We still text, but it is just different. Not having him around, not only for support, but just. Him.. His stupid smile, the ways his eyes light up, he bubbly character. 

"You might ruin your shoes this way" I freeze by hearing his voice.... Chiwon.

"What do you want?" I try to sound firm and he seems surprised as well. He stops in front of me and he exactly seems nervous. 

"Hwayoung. I..I "

"What, lost your tong?" 

"I am sorry" 

"What?" Of all the things I thought, I did not expect this. Absolutely not. 

"I am sorry for bullying you...I... I was being a jerk and just.. I didn't wanted to admit my true feelings."

"You were a jerk, you still are" He smiles at my cheeky answer 

"Can you forgive me?"

"Forgiveness has to be earned."

"Then I will show you that I am a nice guy." He takes my arm and slurs me behind him, I try to object and he starts running, I follow trying not to trip

"We need to hurry Hwa we are going to be late."

*                                                                                           *

"So you two are friends now?" Jimin still can't believe that Chiwon is nice and I do kind of like that he is jealous.

"He is nice Jimin. Enough about that how  are you?"

"I am good, exhausted tough. I hope that I will be able to debut soon. "

"I am sure that you can."  I hear some background noises and I know that Jimin has to go. I only got to talk to him for a little while, but it is better then nothing. 

"Hwa..."

"I know...It is okay. I like talking to you even for just a second"

"I miss you"

"I miss you too"  and with that said we end our conversation. 

"Mom we should hurry, what if we are late?" We are finally going to seoul I am finally going to meet up with Jimin again and I am so excited. SO EXCITED!

We arrive and I can see Jimin, I quickly get out and run up to him. I wrap my arms around him, I have missed him more then I have been willing to admit. His smell, his arms, his arms around me. 

We break apart and he seems happy takes my hand, but then suddenly drops his smile and lets go and makes some distance between us. Maybe I am seeing ghosts, but..This gives me an weird and feeling that something bad is going to happen. 

"What is wrong Jimin?" We are sitting down eating and it almost time for me to go. This entire time he has been weird and holding back. Not holding my hand, not even looking directly at me. Maybe? Is this because I didn't say that I cared for him? 

"I..."

"Oppa is that about your confe"

"I am dating Yun" He spits out the words and it is like a knife is being stabbed into my heart. I try to catch my breath and I look down... Dating ...

"When? Ho-how...Why?" I start to ramble and he is also looking down.

"I..We started talking and.."

"I have to go.." I get up and I get my coat in a rush and just run out of here. I need to go out of here. I can hear him calling me, but I know if I am going to look at him I am going to cry. 

 

We arrive back home and I quickly get out for a walk, I don't want to talk. I don't want to answer any questions, I just.. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to think. I need to breath.. I run and I hear someone calling my name and following me. I don't want  to stop, I keep running until I end up by the swings where he used to take me. 

"Hwa" Chiwon grabs my arms and turns me so I face him.  He sees how sad I must feel and takes both my hands into his

"What happened?"

"Ji-Jimin..."

"What did he do?!" He sounds angry and I shake my head

"He is dating Yun..." I start to hyperventilate and he takes me into an embrace and offers me comfort..

"I am sorry...I know you cared for him. 

We stay like this for a while and I can hear his heart beating faster. Maybe...Yun has told me that Chiwon liked me, but I never believed her..Maybe..What if she is right? Maybe he does?

 

Jimin POV

I see her running away and I try to make her stop, but she doesn't listen to me. I see her get into the car...She is hurt, the way her face dropped the way she was stumbling. but I know that I did a good thing..Thinking back what Yun told me...

Being here for some time has been hard, I have missed Hwa a lot. Even though she hasn't said that she loved me yet, I know she does. I know it.. We are all walking back to the dorm when I hear someone calling me, is that Yun?

"How are you oppa?"

"I am good, how are you?"

"I am good, now especially.." she smiles at me and she does look cute.. we sit on a bench and catch up with each other. Even if I don't want to admit it, she does look pretty. I try not to smile to much, I love Hwa.. I love her.. I shouldn't be so distracted. 

"Jimin I am not sure if I should say this but"

"Is it about Hwa" She nods..."Is it about Chiwon and Hwayoung?" She nods again and I am getting an unwanted and worried feeling

"She..She told me that she likes him, but. Because she know that you like her, she doesn't want to do anything with those feeling because she doesn't want to hurt you." Hearing these words from Yun are my worried thoughts confirmed... I try not to panic or show how hurt I am

"Ahh.. I will tell her that I."

"That won't work..She will still know that you like her.."

"but how.. "

"You could just say that you are dating someone else" 

"I do think we both know that she won't just believe that. Who should that even be?"

"You could say that we are dating. Then she will know that it is true." I look at Yun..She seems sincere saying this..

"Mmm.."

"Aahh come on Jimin, you know I have always  liked you. We could just  say to her that we are dating and see how it goes" 

I still remember conversation as it where few seconds ago. Now at least Hwayoung will be able to express her feelings freely, without feeling guilt for me. But still. Even though I did this for her to make her live happily, I... I feel like...Like a knife has been stabbed into my heart.

"Hyung why aren't you talking about Hwayoung anymore?" Taehyung ticks me on my head and the others also seem curious. When we first met and became close I couldn't stop talking about Hwayoung. They always joke saying that they know Hwayoug as well as I do

"I told her that I am dating Yun"

" the girl that keeps on asking for your attention?" They are all surprised

" yes that one. She is really nice"

" sure she is, but what happened to Hwayoung?" Yoongi hyung speaks up louder and everyone nods in agreement

" Yun told me that she liked Chiwon and he likes her, but because of my feeling she hasn't done anything yet"

" and you just believe her? Have you asked Hwayoung if it is true?" 

"Why would Yun lie about something like this? Hwayoung is her best friend?"

" that did not stop her from dating you ,did it..."