The start of jealousy

Is this love?

Jungkook POV

I turn over to my other side, let out a deep sigh, I can’t fall asleep… I keep on thinking about Hwa, the way she told everything. I didn’t like to hear about the two of them, it made me want to be Jimin. I always knew that she liked him and he her, even though he was supposing dating Yun..

We all never liked her, she never looked genuine, she was using Jimin to make her popularity higher, to give her a boost when she tries out to be a trainee or whatever. I get up and I see that Jimin is also awake. I wonder if he is still annoyed. Ooh boy did he looked irritated when we “revealed” that we were dating, even when I came back later he didn’t want to talk to me.

“Still up?” he gets spooked by me and nods “I am” he puts down his phone and I can see that he is still annoyed “Want something to drink?” I nod and he gets us something to drink and I sit down onto the couch.

“Jungkook, why didn’t you tell me that you two were dating?” his voice is shaking a little bit and I should choose my words carefully “Well, as you know. I have liked her for some time now.” He nods “I think we all knew that you had a crush on her, but I thought that was it. A crush.”

“I didn’t really want to tell you guys, it is a little embarrassing” I think a little over how to tell him how we started dating and might be better to stay as close to the truth as I can “Hwa and I have been talking since we met, since we are both 97-liners it is really easy and nice. Comfortable and I just.. I told her that I had a crush on her, asked her out, we had our ‘date’ and yeah we are dating now” I quickly blurb it out and he seems to be taking it all in, clenching his fists.

 

“Aha all right” we sit back in silence “I am glad for you, she is amazing. So I hope you two really stay together. My two best-friends” I can see that he is trying hard to act cheerful and I nod “yeah and hers are dating too” I get up and he slightly nods “I bet the girls are going to suggest a double date” and his face drops even more. I tell him that I am going back to sleep and he nods telling me goodnight.

 

“Heey do you want to come over?” I haven’t had really to time to text Hwa so I thought calling her and inviting her over might we smarter. “Ooh yeah I can come over, but not to long still have a lot of things to do for tomorrow”

“Great! Just take what you can do with you.” She chuckles and I also quickly head out to get some snacks for us.

“Jungkook?” I bump into her after running up the stairs “Great timing” I hold up the bag and let a deep breath out “Aah great thinking!” she chuckles and I catch my breath a little more “What you should know first is that yesterday Jimin and I talked” I am still out of breath and she seems intrigued by what I am saying. “He asked me why I didn’t tell him and he seemed really bumped. He was trying to act like he was really happy, saying my two best friend dating.” She nods and I can see that she is a little bit happy with the fact that he is bumped about it. “I also brought up that we can double date”

“Oee that does sound like a good idea” I nod and tell her that he really didn’t like me mentioning that “Allright we can go inside, I have told you everything” I open the door and we head straight for my room.

 

“I love these” She points the one of the snacks and I can’t help but laugh by her cute and adorable reaction. We continue to focus on our work and I catch myself stealing glances at her. I just can’t help her. She is just… Uuh she is just too beautiful. I carefully take out my phone and take a photo of her.

 

Jimin POV

“Are you alright?” Hoseok sits down next to me and I nod “Sure? You have been aggravated all day. Does it have something to do with Jungkook and Hwayoung?” I can’t help but feel my blood boiling up again by him mentioning their names together. “I just don’t get how, when or why it happened. Neither of them told me they had feelings or whatever” I let it all out and I can see that Hoseok is taken back by my brazen comments. “I am happy for them, sure my best-friends, but”

“I wouldn’t say that you are happy, but if you say so than I guess” He carefully points out my saltiness, but I am. I am happy for them.

“Jungkook” Hoseok smiles past me and I can see that he is surprised “Hwa I am happy to see you here” I look around and she is standing there, looking beautiful with her jeans, simple white tee. “Heey” I greet her, and she gives me a bright smile “Heey ChimChim” I watch how Jungkook leans into her and whispers something to her, her smile growing and whispering something back. I can feel that Hoseok is looking if I am all right and I am. I am happy for them.

“For you guys, ehm Yun really wants us to go on a double date.” I can hear Hoseok laugh and wishing us good luck before walking out of this conversation “I know I know.. But she won’t hear no for an answer” Jungkook nods “She has been blowing up your phone as well, she is truly insane”

“Yeah so we better go soon, that way she will leave all of us alone. And it won’t be that bad right. We are all friends” I can see that Jungkook is rolling his eyes and Hwa softly slaps him on his arm.  I look how they start debating where to go and I snap out my thoughts when Jungkook ticks me on my knee.

“What do you think? Dinner tomorrow? Just go out somewhere to eat” I nod “Sure sounds good” I watch how they are discussing where to go and I stand up “I am going, text me where we are going tomorrow”  I quickly walk out and close the door behind. I lean back against it and I hear them laugh together and chat on and on. I shake my head, I am happy for them. I am..

 

“This is what you are wearing?” Yun is already nagging at me and I sigh.  “What about you.” I sound way harsher than I mean, and she glares at me “Please like you know what fashion is” I ignore her comment and we arrive first by the restaurant. She is already looking through the menu and mentioning of course the most expensive things.

“Heey guys” They arrive and Jungkook also helps Hwa to take of her coat and they sit down “Did you guys order yet” Yun shakes her head and starts to name the things she would like the order and I can see Hwa looking shocked and raises her eyebrows to Jungkook “Expensive things Yun” she raises her shoulders and continuous naming expensive things and ends up ordering. I hear Jungkook also recommending something to Hwa, but she quickly tells him that it is way to expensive. And her consideration is what makes me smile. One of the things I love about her.

We are almost done with dinner and I can’t help but stare at them as Jungkook tells the story  how he asked her out and I continue stuffing my face “I really like your outfit Jungkook, looks really good on you” I can see that Hwa agrees and carefully gets something of his shirt “I also like your outfit Chimmy” She smiles at me and I carefully smile back and I can already feel Yun tensing up beside me.

“Hwa I will walk you home” I watch how he helps her get her coat on and I walk out. I feel Yun walking behind me “What is wrong you with you” she lashes out to me and I ignore her, the new couple now joining us as well

“Guys it was nice that we could double date” Hwa hugs Yun “Let do it again, I will be home a bit later Hyung. I will walk Hwa home first” I nod to Jungkook and Hwa smiles to me “See you soon” She softly wraps her arms around me and before I can hold her warmth they are walking of, hand in hand…

 

“Hello” I am about to walk of but Yun calls me out “You are not walking me home, hugging me, your girlfriend.” Her harsh tone is really rubbing me the wrong way and I turn around to just look her up an down. “What is wrong with you! Honestly, you have been angry and annoyed all dinner”

“Perhaps I am not the problem, you are.” I walk away and ignore her attempts to keep me from walking off.

 

Hwayoung POV

“I hope you don’t mind me holding your hand” Jungkook seems nervous and I shake my head “We should pretend right, better do it right, otherwise no one will believe it. “ he nods and smiles “We should act this out right. And about the dinner he really seemed annoyed. Even yesterday” I nod “you think so?” He nods and goes on to mark out everything that seemed off “he was just so angry and annoyed this dinner” I was just plainly staring at him that I walk into a pole and he quickly faces me to see if I am all right.

“I am fine” I feel my face just glowing of embarrassment and he chuckles “You are way too cute” He softly strikes my cheek and grabs my hand again as we walk on. I try to calm down, but my heart can’t stop beating fast.

 

“When am I seeing you again?” We have arrived by my doorstep and Jungkook is leaning against the door “When do you want too” he seems to be thinking “Always, lets not part” I can feel my heart beating by his answer and his smirk “I am not that easy, at least take me out for a few months before staying over” he laughs and nods “ I will, you are worth the wait” he pushes himself of the door and steps a bit closer to me “I will call you, now go inside I will wait until you are” he pulls me softly into a hug and wraps his arms so strongly around me. I  nestle my face into his chest and he smells so good “It is getting late” I nod and we part “Let me know when you are home” he laughs at my remark and nods “I will, now quickly head inside.”

 

I am happy that my sis is already sleeping as I watch in the mirror, I am red. Red red red. And thinking back how he held my hand.. I shake of the thoughts that are creeping up on me. Stop it. Focus. Relax.

 

I see that Jungkook has send me a text and he is too cute, I answer his text but instead of being invested in our chat I can’t but help to click on Jimin’s chat. Should I text him something? Or not… Doubting whether or not it is smart to text him I can see the dots forming on my screen. “Omg” causing me a mini heart attack. I quickly go away from our chat. I guess he wants to talk to me too… I answer too Jungkook and then a message of Jimin pops up

“Heey, I am really glad to see the two of you together. You look good together. We should all go for another double date soon” and while reading his text, my heart just sinks… Is this how he really feels? I make a screenshot and send it to Jungkook.  And he is telling me not to worry about it and he is just saying that and with the encouragement of him I send Jimin a text agreeing that we should schedule another double date soon. I see that he reads it immediately and types, for what seems forever. Only sending back “Okay. Lets plan it soon. Goodnight”

And I can’t help but feel guilty, knowing him it isn’t hard to see that he is not happy with me agreeing. I text Jungkook again and he lays out a new plan and I am happy that he is helping me. I am truly happy to have him as my friend.

 

 

They day is finally over, weekend is here. I stretch my arms out and pack my books. “Ready to go Hwa?” I look up and Yun is already standing beside my bank. “I am” We head out the school and Jungkook calls me, I pick up and mouth to Yun that Jungkook is calling me she nods and goes onto her own phone.

“Heey Jungkook” he sounds really cheerful and sounds out of breath “Heey I just thought that I would call you. Would you like to come by practice?”

“I would love to!” I can see that Yun is now intrigued and I tell her that I am going to visit Jungkook at practice “Ooh I will join you, Jimin is there too right” I ask Jungkook and tell him that Yun wants to come as well and he tells me that she is welcome to come, but by his tone I can hear that she isn’t.

“Alright, I see you in a bit Jungkook” I hang up and we decide to pick up some food on our way.

“Heelllooo!” I open the door and they all cheer when they see me and Jungkook runs straight to me and hugs me “Ooh helloo” I laugh at his reaction and I can see that Yun is looking for Jimin, but he is just looking at us. “We brought food” I hold up the bag and it is getting heavy, he quickly takes it from me and the boys quickly gather to attack the food inside. He takes my hand and softly strikes over the red marks the bag left on my hand.

“Are you alright?” I nod and we sit down to join the others and I can feel Jimin’s eyes on us.

“How has practice been?” I ask them and they seem so happy to talk to me and I am also glad to talk to them.

“You know you should call me oppa” I try not to laugh at his comment and he looks a bit hurt by my laugh “I am sorry, but we are only like 2 months apart”

 

Jimin POV

I can’t help but look at them, look how she is laughing at what he whispered to her. I hear Yun talking to me, but I haven’t heard a word of what she said.  “Babe you look really pretty today” I turn to talk to her and I can see that she is surprised by my sudden flow of affection. I continue to compliment her and even lean in more to whisper to her.

“You know you look alright today too” She is starting to act all sweet too and start to feed me even, I try to go along with everything and I can feel everyone eyes on me and when I look back to them, I can see that Hwa is looking down, but Jungkook seems to apologize and  her smile returns and he pulls her closer and I.. I can feel my blood just boil. Boil.

“Babe, you know I saw something really cute” I turn to face Yun and she is rubbing her hand all over my chest. And leans her head against my shoulder now and I am just going with it all.

We are going back to the dorm, well we minus Yun and she pulls me back and I tell the guys to move on. “Jimin” I shake her off and follow the rest. I can hear her disapproving of me and runs after me “Bye babe I will see you soon” I pull her into a hug and I when I let go of her I can see Hwa looking at me with Jungkook’s arm around her.

 

“Jimin your phone is blowing up” I turn it over, Yun again. When will she ever stop. “Chimchim” I feel Hwa’s arms around me and before I can longer her swift hug she sits in front of me.  “Yun is blowing up my phone.” She gives me a little look and Jungkook sits down behind her putting his arms around her leaning his head onto her shoulder. I look away and nod. “Yeah I am planning a surprise for her, so I am trying to figure that out first” she seems surprised and doesn’t answer to my explanation.

“Well either way, better keep your girlfriend happy. We are going to get some snack, you want to come? You can call Yun, will probably calm her down. That” Hwa glares at him and he quickly shuts his mouth.

“Yeah sure.” I call Yun and she agrees after I explain that I was trying to do something for her. I watch my two best friends from afar and thumbs up when Jungkook looks in my direction.  Why am I doing this to myself…

 

“What surprise are you planning” Yun has her arms wrapped around me and I look straight into her eyes, blankly “A surprise babe, you will see” I get up and go to look at the possibilities of food. “Find something you like?” I hear her sweet voice and she is smiling brightly as always.

“Nothing really hwa, you” She shakes her head and I notice that Jungkook is sitting with Yun, trying his best not to talk to her. “We can share something, perhaps this” She holds up something and I scoop a little closer to see what she is holding up. I missed her scent, her sweet way of making sure I am okay. I try to listen to her going through all the snacks, but I can’t help but stare.

“Still not chosen anything” Yun wraps her arms around me and I nod “We haven’t yet babe, but don’t worry nothing is as good as you” She giggles by my comment and see Hwa walking towards Jungkook and he feeds her a bit of his snack as they continue to laugh together. I free myself of Yun’s hold and pick a snack.

I watch how they continue to laugh together, touch one another gently on the shoulder, arm hand. And this indescribable feeling comes up in me, I take Yun’s hand and start to flirt with her. Telling her that no girl compares to her. No girl. But who am I kidding.

 

“Alright this is enough.” Jungkook and Hwa are walking way ahead of us and Yun abruptly stops. I am about to walk on without her as she screams out my name. “Stop walking.” I turn around and she is looking mad. “Do you like her that much that you only flirt with me to make her jealous?”

“What are you on about? Don’t be ridiculous.”

“Ooh please, spare me the fake I love you not her.” She slowly walks closer “You only talk or listen to me when she is around or better yet when Jungkook is around her. Don’t kid yourself. You won’t look at me otherwise.”

“And whose fault is that. Perhaps if you where more like her” she shakes her head “Even after all this time you still think about her. Move on! She doesn’t care about you. She never has. She is in love with Jungkook, but I am here. Loving you. I only care for you so let’s work this out.” I shake off her hands and she seems hurt by my actions. “You should be a better boyfriend and try to atleast love me.”

“You are one to talk. I am not in love with her I don’t care about her. You are just seeing ghosts and for love, do you even know what that is.” I turn around and leave her where she is standing, ignoring her pleads for me to stay.

 

She is wrong, I don’t care about Hwa. It is just old memories that I am reliving. Nothing else. I see that they have waited for me and they seem a bit concerned. “Are you alright?” I nod to Jungkook question and I can’t help but look at there hands intertwined. I take out my phone and text Yun. “Sorry. Lets work things out.”  I immediately get a text back saying of course babe. She is wrong. I don’t care about Hwa. I don’t.

I really don’t and I will prove it.

Prove it to myself and her, I don’t care.