Two

sauve-moi

Taeyong knew that face. And he hated it oh so much. 

-

He knew that face oh so well. It started when they were still in grade school, only twelve but Mark was already attracting attention- which was the start of Taeyong's job as a bodyguard. The year had just started and there were obviously transfer students. And this one perticular transfer student caught Mark's attention, and the entire school might he add. Honestly speaking the transfer student was very attractive but Taeyong stayed loyal to Mark- as if him liking Mark wasn't the most obvious thing in the entire school.

The transfer student was a boy younger than him but older than Mark, Jung Yoon Oh- or how he prefered to be called, Jaehyun. Taeyong could see why Mark had this sort of crush on Jaehyun, he had cute dimples on both sides of his cheeks, slightly pouty lips that curved into a perfect smile and he had milky skin that was paler than most girls. Despite Taeyong's own crush on Mark, he would tease the younger whenever he could.

"So you like the handsome type? And he would receive painless slaps from Mark, the younger would frown for only a second then erupt into a laughing fit. "Silly- If I like the handsome type, I would've prefered you." Mark rested his back againts Taeyong's back, the latter was hoping that Mark wouldn't hear his heart that was beating a heartbeat faster than normal. "I just like looking at how he laughs- it's beautiful." Taeyong gave a pained frown but stayed silent. "Beautiful and broken." It caught Taeyong off guard. Broken? How could such a cheerful guy be broken? He had everything Taeyong wanted- which was Mark's attention, not that he didn't but it another way.

The elder furrowed his brows and didn't notice that Mark crawled away to sit infront of him. When he did notice though, Mark had this big grin plastered on. "Why the scary face bro?" He let out a hearty laugh then pushed Taeyong before taking off to run away. Taeyoung was dumbfounded for a moment then he put on a small smile and made his own dash to catch Mark. The field was filled with Mark's laughter and shrieks as the two continued their mouse and cat chase till Taeyong spotted a figure at the corner of his eyes, slowly stopping in his tracks till he completely stopped.

It was Jaehyun.

He looked over to Mark, who too had stopped running and looked at the third person. Jaehyun had this smile that made his dimple dug deeper and it only made Mark stare more- and made Taeyong hate him more. Jaehyun waved at Taeyong, the latter only scoffed with a raised brow- Jaehyun paid no attention to it as it was already a normal reaction from Taeyong. Jaehyun looked over to Mark for a minute and his face soften, Mark meekly stared at Jaehyun then jogging up to the latter- Taeyong wanted to pull Mark back but he could only cursed his shaking hands. So all he did was walk up to the two, his face was starting to scowl more and more the closer he got.

"You both look tired." Jaehyun started with a soft chuckle. Mark joined in while Taeyong kept quite. "Well we played tag- wanna join one day?" It was an innocent question but Taeyong wanted to cover Mark's mouth from saying unimportant stuff. Luckily, Jaehyun shook his head. "Was never a man of sports. Anyway," he looked over to Taeyong. "mind if I borrow lil ol' Mark or can I just say this here?" Taeyong gritted his teeth but tried his best to give a smile. "Yeah sure, you can say it here."

Jaehyun raised a brow then shook his head slightly, "well I guess this way is better, I hope." he gave a shaky chuckle. Then he looked over to Mark, who had this confused expression on his face. Jaehyun inhaled deeply and then it made Taeyong's eyes widen. 

'No.' he thought.

"Mark Lee, will you go out with me?" 

Honestly it was no one's fault, but Taeyong couldn't control his rage. So he accidently beat Jaehyun to a pulp. He had the upper hand, he knew how to box and Jaehyun really just one huge passive dude- he didn't even hit Taeyong back. It wasn't until Taeyong accidently hit Mark then he stopped, it was a mess. Jaehyun had a bloody nose, a black eye and haggard breathing. Mark on the other hand was crying, and it made Taeyong's world crumble down. Mark wipped his tears with his sleeves and pushed Taeyong aside and cupped Jaehyun's injured face. His tears decorated Jaehyun's face and the latter gave a soft small smile. Taeyong inhaled sharply and looked at the two- who surprisingly looked like they were shooting a sad movie.

Jaehyun moved his hand to weakly Mark's wet cheek and mutely laughed- funny, Mark didn't feel like laughing like how he always did when he heard Jaehyun's laugh, be it mute or voiced out. Mark sniffled and looked over his shoulder to stare at Taeyong.

"Why would you attack someone ill?" Mark's voice cracked and the sentence played several times in Taeyong's head. Ill? Jaehyun was ill? He stared back at Mark, whom looked back at Jaehyun who lovingly looked back at Mark. Then he felt like he had been struck by lightning.

"I would love to go out with you," Mark rested his forehead againts Jaehyun's. "But I fear if we did, you would be in danger." Then he stood up and gently pulled Jaehyun up- to the clinic, Mark stated.

He again looked over his shoulder. Taeyong had a hurt face. "I'd love to know why you beat up Jaehyun." Then he continued his way with Jaehyun. Taeyong could only reach out his arm but stare as their figures  slowly dissapeared. His arm then went back to his side, he looked down and felt tears prickle.

"If only you knew." He whispered.

-

Lee Taeyong knew that face oh so well, he had hoped that after the incident with Jaehyun, Mark wouldn't see anyone with those eyes anymore- it worked, it lasted for four years, he hoped it lasted longer but who was Taeyong to Mark?

He gritted his teeth and took big steps, or stomps because thats how it sounded to Mark and Taeil. He grabbed onto Mark's arm and pulled him over, glaring at Taeil, who was confused at how Taeyong was acting. "Thank you-" Taeyong hissed and his heel, pulling Mark along with him- who in return was baffled and switched from looking at Taeil to Taeyong, then back to Taeil.

"I'm sorry- thank you for grabbing the book!" was all Mark could say to Taeil before he was out of sight.

-

"Tae-" "Bro!"

Mark tried calling out to Taeyong when they exited from the bookstore, he didn't even get to pay because he accidently dropped the book from the harsh pulling from Taeyong, he was half of the elder's strength, might even be a quater. They were far away from the store and Taeyong's grip on his  wrist was still painfully tight. Mark winced in pain but he held it in and furrowed his brows as he glared to Taeyong's back, he stomped on the walkway and harshly yanked his hand from the other, surprising himself when he managed to get back his hand that was held captive earlier.

Taeyong froze on the spot and turned his head agressively to look at the younger, his fiery glare was on and Mark knew what was written behind those eyes.

What are you doing.

Mark inhaled sharply and pushed Taeyong's torso violently, not that the latter budged much. He bit his bottom lip and felt his tears burning at the back of his eyes, and he shook his head slowly at Taeyong. He stared back at the elder despite feeling slightly scared. Taeyong on the other hand had a hand threading through his hair, pulling it back then crossing his arms across his torso; he was annoyed, much to Mark's confusion at why the elder was feeling that way.

"What?" Taeyong hissed out and Mark felt his eye twitched in annoyence. "What? Let me ask you that, Lee Taeyong, what the hell was that!?" He tried to make sure his voice didn't attract eyes but it failed, luckily most pedestrians chose to ignore the two who were currently in an argument. Taeyong scoffed. 

"How about you answer me first, I thought you respected elders?" The younger blinked and gasped out in disbelief, brows raised and mouth left gapping open. "Oh so now you're bringing up your age? wow, okay then, let me tell you what you want to know." 

Mark mimiced Taeyong's stance by crossing his arms as well, his sneaker tapping the pavement as he waited for Taeyong's reply. 

"Tell me what the hell you were doing just now in the book store." Taeyong inhaled sharply and held back himself from the rage that was growing in him currently, he felt all sorts of emotions but he still had common sense and was still making rational choices, he hoped.

Mark furrowed his brows that clearly stated that he knew he did nothing wrong, or so he thought. "I couldn't reach a book, a dude helped me and i was going to thank him but you decided to yank me away, and i dropped the bo-" before Mark could finish his sentence, Taeyong grabbed his forearms with a lot of strength in it, Mark gasped out in pain and looked at the elder with questioning widen eyes.

"Tae-" "Simply thank him? Oh you were doing much more than that, heck, you were even grabbing onto his sleeve and looking at him with googly eyes." Taeyong hissed and shoved Mark againts the wall of a closed shop. Mark held back from shouting, instead he bit his bottom lip until it started to bleed. 

"You looked exactly like you were with Jaehyun-" Taeyong caught himself but it was too late, he had opened up a sensitive topic and Mark had a shocked expression on, he shook his head softly; he couldn't believe what Taeyong had just said. Mark grasped Taeyong's arm and felt his cheeks wetten, eyesight blurred by his tears.

He tried to get away but Taeyong grabbed his arm, which in return Mark yanked it back with full force- shocking Taeyong when the latter saw Mark's anger filled face; Mark was furious and that was bad. The younger was quivering in his spot as he sniffled his tears and snot, wipping them with his sleeve then shot a glare at Taeyong.

"What the  Taeyong? You know I love Jaehyun, why are you bringing him up? Oh because you could suddenly beat up that dude earlier even when we don't know each other. Taeyong, he's not your friend, hes not Doyoung nor is he a student from our school, so why are you behaving like this?" The elder opened his mouth to respond but Mark shook his head and pushed Taeyong's arm away. "Leave it, I don't even feel like talking anymore." 

Taeyong reached out a hand towards Mark and memories of the day he beat up Jaehyun replayed in his head, he remembered how everything looked- how bad and damaged Jaehyun's face was and how hurt and sad Mark looked, Taeyong always thought that Mark never suited tears so he always tried his best to prevent tears from decorating Mark's face; but he never realised tha the was the reason for Mark's tears.

 

-

 

Mark's legs were tiring out fast, he had walked probably a mile or two from Taeyong- he didn't know where he was going but he didn't care at the moment, he just wanted to escape from Taeyong; his face reminded him of so much unwanted memories. And his memories were mostly about Jaehyun when he looked at Taeyong. What went wrong? That time and now? Was he not allowed to love someone? Was he not even allowed to feel interested in someone? He let out a sigh and stared at the sky, slowly turning grey till raindrops fell on his face.

Sighing once again, he walked over for cover then slumped down the wall. He watched how most pedestrian ran for cover only to pull out an umbrella from their bag and it made him regret not checking the wethear earlier today. He gave a small smile then hung his head, pulling his knees to his chest he stared blankly at the puddles the rain made.

He was wet, it was raining and he felt cold. What more disasters could come his way? Then he fluttered his eyes upwards when he saw wet boots infront of him.

His eyesight was still blurry but he could manage see a smile that could warm him up from the cold rain.


A/N: late update because I just finished a four week span exam, tired me out but oh well, its the holidays! so I'll try to squeeze out how much I can during this one week holiday then its back to prison for me, haha.