one

sauve-moi

His new shoes made a sort of squeaky sound, suprisingly pleasent for young Mark. It wasn't out of the norm that he received gifts out of nowhere, even when it wasn't his birthday. He was the red riding hood of his school- innocent with rosy cheeks, soft eyes and a sweet smile, shocking that the wolves treated him nicely and gently. Maybe it was just his aura, oozing off and it made everyone think twice to bully him.

Not that it never happened before, plenty he might say- but like always, they either fell in love with his innocence or was beaten to a pulp by his childhood best friend, Lee Taeyong. A buff young lad, the popular type to the ladies, wowed some men too in his experience. Nevertheless he was loyal to his bestfriend, the fame never got to his head, maybe it did but Taeyong didn't seem like the type to betray his bestfriend just because of his popularity. Friends from birth- well maybe only for Mark, Taeyong was older than him by a year or two, their mother had been childhood friends and obviously the two would wind up being each other's as well. 

His morning had started off nicely, per usual. His new room mate was a cute lil one, freshman had just move in to the dorm, complusary to live in but mostly did- so called finding independence at a young age. The rooms were made of students from different grades to avoid chaos- but in the end it just brought more instead. The lil one was a chubby cheeked one named Donghyuk. He wasn't so baffled by having Mark as his room mate and the latter was just as pleased by the calm behaviour- he already had a loud senior room mate, a Thai named Chittaphon Leechaiyakul but went with Ten as a much simpler name to be called.

Mark hummed as he made his way through the dorm, his fully hair bouncing from his quirky style of walking. Chirping out greetings to everyone he passed, all frowns became smiles once Mark walked by. Finally arriving at the room whom his best friend resided in, it was noisy five rooms away and Mark always awaited the screams that were always from that room. 

He entered the room when the door was slammed open- obviously from the residents of the room. Out came a boy a face that looked likea bunny, dark orbs round and gums showing, he was clearly exhausted from whatever had happened in the room earlier. Mark smlied sweetly and held out his hand for the bunny boy, namely Doyoung the school's choir captain. Doyoung grabbed onto his hand and jumped slightly as he stood up, dusting off his buttocks with a never ending wide smile. 

"I supposed someone made Taeyong angry- definitely not you, right hyung?" Mark's eyes curved up with his smile, turning into crescents. Doyoung on the other hand had knitted his brows and grabbed his nape, letting out a guilty chuckle. Mark raised a knowing brow and hummed, crossing his arms and leaned forward to look inside the room, or what seemed like a room- seeing like a bull had run wild inside and thrashed the room. He then turned back the bunny boy, who in return raised his arms in defense, brows furrowed together as he failed to hide his laugh.

"It wasn't my fault! He was the one who asked me to wash his clothes! to be me, I know- I kinda forgot that he doesn't wash using a washing machine unless it was critical but come on-" It was Doyoung's turn to cross his arms. "you don't expect me to hand wash, much likely clothes that don't belong to me." Mark raised both brows with a loopsided smile. "And he didn't threaten you at first?" oh Mark knew all to well how his pal behaved, his own nickname was Taebreeze.

Doyoung frowned slightly with a 'meh' sort of nod. "He did but who could take him seriously? at 2AM!" Doyoung practically screeched before slapping a hand to cover his mouth, eyes widen and pupils darted to look at the figure by the door. Obviously, it was Taeyong. And he didn't look happy, you could feel the heat from his eyes. Taeyong knitted his brows in annoyence, squinted his eyes slightly then let go of the door frame- Doyoung gave a tiny gasps seeing the condition of the place Taeyoung had held, crushed.

The latter went over to Mark and held him by the waist, in which Mark raised a brow at the action, but he didn't question. Taeyong and him looked like a duo that was bullying the school nerd, which wasn't far from the truth- Taeyong always picked on Doyoung and Mark was always where the fun was at, and where Taeyoung was at. 

"Seeking innocence in theinnocent?" Taeyong smirked before receiving a stab to his side from Mark who had erupted into a laughing fit. "I know that I am not the innocent." Mark pursed his lips then grin, it made cupid shoot arrows at Doyoung- who had lost all sense of fear once he heard Mark's laugh. That laugh made even the coldest of hearts soften, it felt like being dumped with warm honey. 

Taeyong rubbed his pained side then shot a glare to Doyoung, who was clearly staring at the laughing boy. He walked forward and pulled onto the bunny boy's collar, hissing with plenty of annoyence. "Stop staring at him punk." Taeyong muttered, it wasn't the first time Doyoung heard it, or experienced it, hecked he was probably the one who received the most because he lived in the same room as the grumpy one. Taeyong bared his teeth before raising his voice, another way to hide his previous private topic from Mark, who till this day knew nothing of what Taeyong usually muttered under his breath to others.

"Next time give the job to someone else if you know you'd end up like this." Taeyong snarled before melting into a pile of goo when Mark grabbed onto his bicep, pulling his back. "Hey hey hey, I thought there was a rule around here that said no fighting when Mark's around- well whenever I'm with Taeyong theres always a fight, sooner or later." Mark smiled and looked up at Taeyong who was staring into abyss, but was pulled back into reality when he heard his name mentioned.

Mark let out a his signature giggle and shook his head. "Oh dear, don't tell me you've forgotten about our trip to the bookstore today? Nevermind, I could take Doyoung instead-" Mark titled his head to the right and looked over at the bewildered bunny boy, who look like a deer in headlights at the mention of his name. Taeyong gave a deep frown and his heel, pulling over Mark along with him- who in return gave a hearty laugh and gave Taeyong a happy hug as they made their way out of the school compoud.

-

"You really should have lessen up on the damage these days." Mark snorted and giggled at the shy Taeyong who rubbed his nape awkwardly and full of guilt. He huffed with a frown afterwards but Mark stayed as cheery as always, finding many topics to talk in merely a couple of minutes, and Taeyong couldn't catch up so he hauled Mark over quickly to the bookstore. Mark followed with furrowed brows but nonetheless he could find his book faster and get back to quickly read it.

His eyes twinkled at all the books displayed, he almost felt like buying the entire bookstore- which was another reason Taeyong was there, his personal limiter, as he would call the elder. Said man grabbed Mark's hands and kissed them, which Mark stared innocently at, not knowing they both had gather some eyes. 

"I need you to promise me to not get lost." "I promise, dummy." Mark laughed and thought Taeyong was being a bit dramatic though it was true- he had gotten lost plenty of times because of his love for books. Taeyong didn't agree with Mark's cheerful attitude currently but smiled and ruffled the latter's hair. 

"What's the title?" He asked as he looked around, no one suspicious, well maybe not now not yet. "Nicholas Dane!" and Taeyong nodded as he followed behind Mark, keeping out an eye as he searched for the book as well.

Which was probably a bad choice because when he looked forward, Mark was gone. 

His eyes widen and groaned, afraid but not suprised. He quickly searched for the missing boy, hoping he could find Mark without needing to yell out Mark's name. He searched over at the young people's area but the cheerful boy was nowhere in sight. Taeyong threaded a hand through his hair, frustrated that he only stopped looking at Mark fully because he had seen an explicit book that caught his eye, it was his fault now was it. He dragged his legs and walked probably ten rounds around the bookstore just by searching for Mark. It was always like that, one second to get lost, one year to find him back- is how Taeyong liked to tease Mark.

His eyes caught a figure that looked like Mark and instantly went towards the person.

Good news, it was Mark.

Bad news, Mark had his hand softly grabbing at the person who was standing infront of him with a slightly gapped mouth. And Taeyong knew that look.

.

 

 

Sheets rustled as a figure shifted from one side to the other. A small smile on his face. He called out meekly and croakily, only to be respond with silance. He furrowed his brows and sat up slightly, resting his body weigh on his right arm.

"Jagiya?" He called out. More silance. He sat up properly and felt his breath hitch in his throat.He swallowed his saliva and made his way out of bed, looking both helpless and hurt. His brows were knitted and let out a choked laugh, croaky and cracked. "Jagiya, I know you like jokes, haha you got me- now please come out." He pleaded, wandering around the apartment hopelessly. "Jagiya please- for me- come out.." 

He slid down the wall and felt his tears prickle, tears spilling over his cheeks. He brought up his sleeves to wipe his never ending tears, bitting his bottom lips till blood drew out. Hecurled up into a ball for a moment before staggering to stand up, using the wall for balance. Hiccups and sobs resonated through the apartment till he inhaled deeply when he reached the livingroom. 

It was a mess, a huge mess. The sofa was out of place and coffee table was tipped over. Picture frames were shattered on the floor. He inhaled sharply as he looked at one of the pictures. Him and his beloved, or what he hoped was still, sadly.

He bit his bottom lip and exhaled as he rested againts the wall, holding up the picture and tore it up into pieces and cried out more. Clutching onto the pictures tightly and crumpled them as he curled up into a ball.

"Stupid Moon Taeil, she left you days ago and you're still like this." He muttered to himself. "Your house's a mess and so is your life. You should have listened when she said might go away, be a strong boy she said, it happens she said." He groaned and sobbed harder. "Ah how I wish this was all a dream."

-

"Taeil this isn't healthy." His friend, Hansol had come later that morning and sighed heavily seeing the condition of the house, he had cleaned it the day before and the days before as well but they all end up like this everytime he visited. Taeil was sitting by the window and sung a song to the birds that always came to sing with him in the morning, it was his gift, birds loved him. Hansol stared, Taeil looked pale as a ghost, and very skinny.

He groaned loudly, which caught Taeil's attention. "And even your eyes are bad! Ugh dude, I'm your bestfriend but this isn't how you're supposed to treat me." He sighed and walked over to Taeil and wacked him on the head. Taeil winced and furrowed his brows, both angry and confused.

Hansol placed his hands by his hip. "You know what you need?" Taeil tilted his head. "Food?" Hansol gave a 'meh' nod and fluttered his eyes with a slight frown that turned into a loopsided smile. "Well that too, but mostly! You need your life back together."

Taeil gave a weak laugh and nodded. "That's impossible Hansol. Just..just look at me. I look like a zombie." Hansol gave another frown and poked Taeil's chest harshly. "Glad you noticed, and that's where I come in. You're gonna get a make over and we're going to go shop for stuff that's well, you!" The blonde smiled and Taeil gave a laugh that sounded like a scoff, which earned him another wack.

-

First they visited a salon, much to Taeil's unpleasent memories. The people inside shrieked and mocked how Taeil looked, which kinda hurt him but it was the truth so he had to bear with it. Hansol nodded and merely smiled happily as he watched his bestfriend get hauled around the salon from having his beard, that surprisingly grew, shaved then having his hair cut and dyed, silver gray- which was so not Taeil, said Taeil and received a thumbs down from Hansol.

"Deal with it hun, you actually look decent now." And Taeil sighed.

Then they were out, off to buy clothes that suit his new hairstyle was what Hansol stated, honestly Taeil found no wrong in his dressing code, neither did Hansol but then again, Hansol didn't like it so they searched for it. Till they found the perfect attire which was a checkered grey shirt and a pair of skin tight black jeans- the tighter the better Hansol chirped, much to Taeil's displeasure because he felt like his legs were dead.

But damn did he look fine. He even combed his hair a few times before getting a shocker from Hansol who was looking at him from behind with a slight smirk.

"Like what you see?" "Well obviously, why wouldn't I like myself?-" another wack and they were off, to wherever Taeil felt like going because Hansol had classes to attend and he also said that his job was already done.Taeil shrugged it off and walked down the streets, all his memories were attacking him and he felt like crying but he remembered what Hansol said.

"If you dare cry and waste the make up I wasted on you then you're a dead man tme." because Hansol was all Taeil currently had, putting aside all the pains he went through, Hansol was a great friend. They had each other's back since middle school and was always there when Taeil was feeling down. Honestly he had no idea how he found such a gem.

Then he spotted a bookstore. He had never been there but he felt like going in, and Taeil who always went with his gut, entered the shop. Frankly speaking he wasn't a big fan of books, but he did love the smell of new books and there was plenty currently and he loved it. 

Wandering through as he inhaled the smell, kinda like another type of nicotine. Then it had occurred to him that he had ended up wandering too much and now he didn't even know how to escape. He was probably deep inside, way too deep. He threaded through his newly dyed hair, then he spotted another person. Tip toeing and trying to reach a book on the top shelf, he would help but he too wasn't blessed with height. He continued to look at the boy with amusment then he frowned, he clutched his shirt, it reminded him so much, so much of her. He had gotten addicted to this smell all thanks to her and she would always plead him to go to a bookstore. And her choice of books were always located way too high for both of them to reach.

He winced in pain then inhaled deeply, might as well help the boy, the shelf wasn't that high and maybe he could reach if he tried hard enough. He made his way, catching the boy's attention, eyes wide and round- kinda reminded him of Hansol. He had rosy cheeks, probably from trying too hard and now he was pitying the boy. He tip toeslightly and grabbed the book, huh, wasn't that hard, he thought.

Then he looked at the boy and handed over the book, giving a soft smile. What happened afterwards completely threw him off.

The boy grabbed onto his sleeve and looked at him with his mouth gapping slightly. 'cute' was his first thought, but boys weren't cute, no matter how hard they tried- or so Taeil thought because this boy was doing it with so little effort. The boy bit his bottom lip then gapped it open again, Taeil chuckled at the action, was about to close it for him till he spot a figure not far from them.

And boy did that guy had a fiery glare.

 


 

A/N: CLICHE so cliche-