f i n a l

needed me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ read on wattpad ]

 

‘Ah, it’s quite chilly tonight.‘ Hoseok thought while he was walking down the street. Indeed, that night was quite chilly, however, the sky was clear, no clouds were in sight, even though he liked them, and all the beautiful sparkling stars could be seen. Hoseok smiled slightly as he stared up at the beautiful starlit sky, imagining being one of those beautiful lights.

Some random noises from a street nearby took him back to reality and he paid his surrounding attention for pretty much the first time. He stopped in his tracks as suddenly two cats passed him, one haunting the other one, making weird noises. Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, following the cats with his eyes until he couldn’t see them anymore due to the darkness. He chuckled a little before he started walking down the street again. The shops around him were already closed. Only a few coffee shops were still open. He usually liked to spend his time in coffee shops, but right now there were more important things than comfortably spending time in a coffee shop, reading a book or studying and sipping some coffee. No, not tonight. Tonight was one of ‘those’ nights.

Hoseok continued to follow the street until he reached a building, housing a night club. Hoseok looked at the bright nametag above the entrance. In front of it stood a tall man, dressed in a suit, checking the IDs of the people who wanted to enter the club. It was one of Seoul’s most popular clubs, every night tons of people tried to get in, but only a handful managed to. Hoseok smirked as he recognized the man in the suit, one of his best friend’s best employees.

Hoseok passed right by the long line of people, walking straight over to the guy, smirking at him.
“Ah, I see. You’re needed again?” the man asked him with a concerned smile. Hoseok just nodded, knowing this night would be stuck in his mind for weeks again. The man took a step aside, keeping the other people away from the entrance and giving Hoseok enough space to enter. Hoseok nodded slightly, showing his thankfulness. “You’re welcome, Hoseok-nim. Namjoon-nim is, as usual, at his favorite place.” The man added. Hoseok smiled a little at him and finally entered the club. As soon as he got inside another man walked over to him and took his jacket from him with a short ‘sir’. Hoseok nodded at him as well and entered another door.

The music was loud, too loud for Hoseok’s liking, but he would endure it tonight just as all the nights before. It was nothing new to him anymore. He got used to it and at some point he even needed it to remind himself of his responsibilities. Hoseok crossed one of the biggest dance floors to get to a staircase, which was guarded by yet another security man. Hoseok did just as before, smirking at the other one, nodding, getting in. He walked up the stairs walking right into the VIP section. He looked around the room. The light was quite dim, the walls painted red and the furniture was quite expensive. Hoseok took another glance around the room, searching for his best friend. Just as usual, his best friend was sitting at the bar, talking, well, rather flirting, with the cute bartender, Seokjin. Another one of Hoseok’s best friends. They all knew each other since many years now, but still Namjoon and Seokjin never managed to get their together. Hoseok knew they had been in love with each other for ages now, but both were too stubborn to just confess to the other one. Both of them would rather live in quietness, lonely and probably lost instead of just spelling the words. ‘I love you.’ Words Hoseok promised to himself he would never ever say to anybody.. again.

Hoseok walked over to his two friends, sitting down right beside Namjoon. Namjoon and Seokjin looked at him at the same time, knowing why Hoseok had come.
“It’s this time of the month, isn’t it?” Seokjin asked, smiling a little at Hoseok. Hoseok returned the smile, nodding.
“You know, I love both of you, you’re my brothers, but I just can’t understand why you do this to yourselves.” Namjoon stated, taking a sip from his glass filled with some alcohol Hoseok didn’t want to know what it was. Seokjin nodded at that, adding some liquids together in a glass and handed it over to Hoseok. Hoseok sighed, taking the glass Seokjin had handed him.
“Don’t get it twisted. We don’t do this to ourselves, I do this for him.” Hoseok said, gulping down the whole drink in one go. He twisted the now empty glass between his hands and looked at the glass. It was too dark inside the room, so Hoseok couldn’t see his reflection. For some reasons he was thankful, so damn thankful. There was really no need to see himself in this situation once again, there was no reason to remind him of all this.

Seokjin looked at Hoseok with worried eyes, he knew how painful these nights were for Hoseok, and probably for Yoongi as well, the one friend Hoseok was about to meet once again. Seokjin looked over to Namjoon, right into his eyes. Namjoon’s eyes were filled with the same worry as Seokjin’s. Namjoon slightly shook his head, signaling: ‘it’s no use.’

Hoseok handed the glass back to Seokjin, smiling slightly.
“Another one?” Seokjin asked, obviously surprised since Hoseok despised alcohol. Hoseok, however, nodded. Seokjin then mixed another one for his friend, handing it over to the younger as he finished it. Namjoon watched Hoseok. Something was different.
“How’s university?” Namjoon asked out of nowhere, he didn’t even know why, he just wanted to change the topic and get Hoseok to actually talk to them.
“Not attending anymore. I quitted.” Hoseok blankly stated, gulping down this drink in one go as well.
“What!?” Namjoon and Seokjin asked in unison, obviously shocked by the news. Hoseok quitting university? Something none of them would have ever expected to happen. But, Hoseok quitting university and due to that majoring at dance? Definitely something that brought their world to its cadre. Namjoon and Seokjin stared at him in shock. Hoseok noticed and just shrugged his shoulders.
“I found a job I like, so why not?” Hoseok asked, more to himself than to his friends, smirking while looking at the class in his hands.

Namjoon knew this. He knew this situation. Hoseok had been in a similar state before, and nothing good came from it.
“Don’t tell me you got yourself back into this whole dangerous !” Namjoon called out and Seokjin flinched at that. Hoseok looked at him, smirking a little.
“You might call it ‘dangerous ’, I call it ‘work nobody does, because they think they’re too good for it’. Somebody has to do it after all, and since there’s nothing else left for me, why not? It’s not like I miss out on anything while I’m gone, doing my job.” Hoseok explained, handing his glass to Seokjin once again. Seokjin stared at Hoseok in disbelief.
“You can’t be serious!?” Seokjin exclaimed, blinking at Hoseok, who was looking at him, with a smile. ‘A ing smile!?’ Seokjin thought while he grabbed the class to fill it once again. Namjoon watched Seokjin, saw the disbelief in his eyes. Namjoon knew Seokjin had never seen Hoseok like that ever before.

Seokjin placed the drink in front of Hoseok, who gulped it down in one go once again. The only difference was that he now stood up from his chair, looking at them.
“As usual?” Hoseok asked, looking at Namjoon, who was looking at Seokjin. Seokjin stared down at his hands. Hoseok followed Namjoon’s gaze, shaking his head at their stubbornness. Namjoon nodded.
“Yes, he’s at his usual spot.” Namjoon answered after some seconds passed by. Hoseok nodded and walked away from friends, yet through another door and down the corridor, not paying any attention to the couples who made out against the wall or those who got high on any drugs.

 

Back at the bar, Seokjin still stared down at his hands, shocked by Hoseok’s state.
“Hyung, calm down.” Namjoon said, smiling at the older one. Seokjin lifted his head to look at the loved one in front of him.
“I..I have never..” Seokjin started, but Namjoon cut him off, shaking his head.
“Back than he had been careful to not show it to anybody, but ever since that night he doesn’t care anymore. It’s like he wants everyone to see his pain.” Namjoon said. Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows.
“Mind telling me the whole story? Apparently I missed out on some important parts.” Seokjin asked and Namjoon nodded after some time.

 

Hoseok passed by several doorway arches, ignoring the sounds from all the love drunken people. He walked straight to the very end of the corridor, to the last one of those arches, knowing who would wait on the other side. He stopped right before the arch, taking in a deep breath, wishing for this night to end as soon as possible. He knew it would haunt him again, he just knew it. He smirked a little, thinking this whole situation was actually kinda funny. There was no need for him to care about all this so much, after all it had started with his job anyways. It was still just his jobs, had been his job all this time. He shook his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter