s e q u e l 1.0

needed me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ read on wattpad ]

 

"But, I don't love Jimin the way you think I do.. I never did.." Yoongi whispered into the night, staring up at the starlit sky, because he knew Hoseok was somewhere beneath it, just like him.

 

He walked through one of the many crowded streets of Seoul. It was already pretty late and he really would have preferred to be at home by now, but well, his job was his priority now. After all, he somehow had to pay his rent and for the food he consumed. He was constantly looking up at the starlit night sky, ignoring the people who constantly run into him, complaining about him. There was no reason to spare them any attention. After all, they were in his way and not the other way round.

He headed towards the usual spot where he would have to sell some drugs his boss had handed to him this morning. Usually he wasn’t the one to sell drugs, he was usually something like the assassin, but if selling drugs guaranteed him a roof over his head, he would just do it anyways. Don’t get this wrong, each bag of the drugs were labeled with a special code so the buyers could be tracked down. He almost arrived at the usual drug selling point, however he stopped in his tracks, in the middle of the crowded street, as he felt his phone vibrating in his trousers’ pocket. He grabbed his phone and looked down at the display.

12 unread messages

3 missed calls

He smiled a little as he kept on looking at the display. He knew whom they were from: Namjoon. The only one he was still in contact with, the only one who had his contact number. After that one night at the club, he had cut all ties, not just with Yoongi, but with all his friends. He had made sure that none of his friends would be able to contact him or even see him. The only one he couldn’t get away from was Namjoon. They were best friends after all and sometimes Hoseok felt the desperate need to ask Namjoon about the others and how they were doing. Hoseok knew his other friends knew about Namjoon and him still being in contact. Namjoon often told Hoseok that they were asking, almost begging him to give them Hoseok’s number or tell them where he was living. Well, Namjoon only had his number, even he didn’t know where Hoseok was living now. They had only met a few times when Hoseok had felt like he was losing his grip on reality, but he would never let Namjoon know where he had been going afterwards.

Namjoon also told him that the others envied him for, at least, seeing Hoseok from time to time. But it wasn’t that often after all. Every time they met up they would tell Namjoon to get Hoseok to join as well. For a while Namjoon tried, however, he soon gave up on that since Hoseok would always answer with a simple ‘No’. As long as he knew they were all doing fine he didn’t have to show up, he didn’t have to see them. He was better on his own anyways.

Hoseok kept his gaze on his phones’ display, arguing with himself if he should read the messages before finishing his job or not. The fact that Namjoon had sent him more than five messages worried him a little and that Namjoon had even called him three times worried him more, so he decided to just call him back instead of texting him. He dialed Namjoon’s number and waited for the other to pick up. While waiting he walked over to a wall and leaned on it, watching the people passing by, all in a hurry to get home to their beloved ones. He kinda envied them. Hoseok shook his head at that thought, almost laughing about himself. It didn’t take long for his friend to answer the call.
“Hoseok?” Namjoon asked in disbelieve, he had no idea he would get the other to call him by texting him several messages. Namjoon noted to do that more often in the future in order to get to talk to Hoseok.
“Yeah, it’s me. What’s up?” Hoseok asked, worried that something might have happened. He kept on watching the people passing by while waiting for an answer.
“You would know if you would have read my messages.” Namjoon stated, chuckling a little afterwards. Hoseok, however, didn’t need that at the moment.
“Just spill it, Namjoon. I have a job to do.” Hoseok stated, his voice cold. Namjoon stopped chuckling at that right away and sighed.
“Well, I just wanted to let you know that Jin hyung and me are gonna get married.” Namjoon said. Hoseok froze at that. ‘They’re gonna get married?’ he asked himself in disbelieve. He was shocked at that sudden change of their relationship. Five months ago Namjoon was still complaining about not knowing how to confess to Seokjin and now they were going to get married? Hoseok had no idea if he should be happy about that.
“Wow, I guess you really mean it.” Hoseok stated, still a little speechless. Namjoon then chuckled again. He knew that he had just managed to shock Hoseok to his bones.
“Yes, I really mean it. He does as well.” Namjoon said and Hoseok knew Namjoon was currently smiling from one ear to the other one.
“I’m happy for the two of you.” Hoseok said, looking up at the sky, watching the stars and how they lit up the sky. How they made the sky look like a better place to live in than those busy streets.
“You’ll attend the wedding won’t you?” Namjoon asked. Hoseok froze once again, sighing deeply. He didn’t plan on seeing the others, but he couldn’t just not be there at his best friend’s wedding. And the wedding of Jin hyung, who had always been caring about him like a big brother.
“I’ll be there. I just don’t know if I’m gonna make it to the ceremony, but I’ll make sure to congratulate the both of you in person.” Hoseok said while counting the stars up in the sky, smiling just a little at how beautiful they looked.
“So I guess you won’t give me the chance to make you my best man?” Namjoon asked a little crestfallen about that. Hoseok shook his head before he realized that Namjoon couldn’t see him.
“I’m sorry, Joonie.” Hoseok then answered, hoping that Namjoon would understand him.

Namjoon sighed, looking at Seokjin who was sitting in front of him, eavesdropping. Seokjin really missed Hoseok, but this way he could at least hear the younger’s voice. Seokjin was happy to hear that he would get a chance to see Hoseok again, but he was sad about the fact that Hoseok refused to be Namjoon’s best man, that he refused to be part of the ceremony and refused to see his friends, who were patiently waiting for him to return. Seokjin was honestly worried about Hoseok.
“I wished you would change your mind.” Namjoon said after some seconds of silence between them. Hoseok sighed.
“I can’t, but I’ll make sure to be there. Just wait for me.” Hoseok said, his gaze still at the stars, still smiling slightly. Namjoon then hummed as an answer, knowing Hoseok would ask him the most important question. The only question that seemed to give Hoseok some kind of willpower to keep on living his life. “How are they?” Hoseok asked just seconds after, however, the desperation was literally dripping through his voice. Namjoon looked at Seokjin, who had covered his mouth with his hands in order to prevent himself from making a noise. Namjoon saw tears welling up in Seokjin’s eyes.
“They’re doing fine. They’re still asking for you every time we meet each other. Jungkook and Taehyung are just as in love as they had been all along. Seokjin moved in with me. I can tell he’s happy and now that we’re getting married even more.” Namjoon started, arguing with himself if he should talk about Yoongi and Jimin too or not.
“That’s good to hear. So, don’t leave Yoongi hyung and Jiminie out. I want to know about them too.” Hoseok said calmly. Still, Namjoon could hear the pain, the longing in Hoseok’s voice. He knew Hoseok was missing them just as much as they were missing him, especially Yoongi.
“Jimin is doing great, he’s a dance instructor at that one dance academy now, you know, the one he always wanted to join, oh and he also sings live from time to time. He really loves his job. Hmh, Yoongi, well he’s gotten more famous with his music. He’s doing fine too, but I know he still didn’t manage to get over you leaving him. He acts all tough, but you know him, probably better than the rest of us. Well, as you can see, Yoongi hyung and Jimin are doing fine too.” Namjoon finally continued. Hoseok smiled as he looked back to the people on the street, walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter