s e q u e l 1.2

needed me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ read on wattpad ]

 

“Will you be there?” was Namjoon’s question through the phone. Hoseok listened to the other’s deep voice, let the question echo through his mind. He thought about the question for a while, completely forgetting to answer. Would he be there at the wedding? Well, yes he would. He already promised them the last time he had talked to Namjoon on the phone. Back then he thought he would only come to the wedding to congratulate them, after the ceremony of course, and somewhere nobody would notice he was there. However, for a while now he was constantly arguing with himself. He wanted to be there the whole time, also at the ceremony. He wanted to spend time with the happy couple, but also with the others. But, somewhere deep within him a voice warned him, it warned him of all the pain that may lie ahead. He knew well enough by himself that he wouldn’t be able to handle any more pain. But would there be pain? Maybe. Maybe not. He didn’t know.

“Hoseok?” Namjoon asked, reassuring himself that Hoseok was still there on the other side of the line.
“Yes?” Hoseok answered, completely losing track of his thoughts. He even blinked shortly, looking over to the other side of the street. He was once again on his way home from another job, but he had stopped the moment he had felt his phone vibrating in his pants’ pocket. Of course he wouldn’t have picked up the call if it weren’t for Namjoon.
“Will you be there, Hobi?” Namjoon asked again, still waiting patiently for Hoseok’s answer. He knew he had to give the younger some time. Since a while now Hoseok needed some more time. Namjoon had noticed the way Hoseok had grown even quieter though they only met each other maybe two more times since the day they had talked on the phone. But the change was evident. Namjoon simply didn’t know why Hoseok had changed. He could only hope because the younger was thinking of returning to them, returning home. Well, he couldn’t know and he wouldn’t until it happened. Hoseok didn’t say a word and he knew he shouldn’t keep his hopes that high, but still he did.

“I-I’ll be there.” Hoseok answered after one whole minute passed in silence.
“After the ceremony?” Namjoon asked. Hoseok leaned his back against the wall behind him, he looked up at the sky, taking a deep breath. He didn’t know what to do. Go there and feel pain eventually or go there later and only feel guilty for letting them wait? Hoseok thought it would be better to feel guilty, it would be easier.
“Yes, afterwards.” Hoseok then answered, still looking up the sky searching for stars between the clouds. He heard Namjoon sighing at the other side of the line and he immediately felt guilt welling up. Maybe he should consider going their earlier. No. He wouldn’t risk it.
“Okay, I know there’s no point in trying to change your mind.” Namjoon muttered, still hoping Hoseok would change. But Hoseok didn’t. “I guess, I’ll see you after the ceremony then?” Namjoon continued, still hoping for Hoseok’s change of mind.
“Yeah. I’ll let you guys know about my arrival.” Hoseok hurried to answer before he hung up the phone. Honestly, it wasn’t good for his little heart to keep on talking with his best friend for that long. The longing to go back home just grew every time he talked to him or met him. Even when he only thought about him or the others.

 

--

 

It was already the day of Namjoon and Seokjin’s wedding. The time until then had passed by rather quickly. Hoseok had his weeks packed with missions and meetings. For a few days he even had to leave the country, but that hadn’t been too bad. Hoseok had spent much time with remembering the past though and it really took its toll on him. More often he found himself in a really bad, down mood because of all that he missed and couldn’t have back. Well, he could, but he was too stubborn to admit it to himself. Every time his bubble of nice memories would pop he confronted himself with all the pain. And then again he asked himself: ‘isn’t it time to finally forgive?’ But, he had already forgiven Yoongi and Jimin.

Hoseok sat in his car, dressed in a nice suit and he was currently heading for the wedding’s location. It was already dark outside, but the streetlights made it easy for him to find his way. He knew he was late even though he had told them he would be there late. Well, he had let them know he would be there after the ceremony. But now it was long after the ceremony. He had been lost in his thoughts once again and due to that forgot about watching the time. He sped up his car and hurried to the location. He wanted to make sure to arrive there before the couple would have to leave for their honeymoon. Honestly, it would be weird if Hoseok would pop up at the airport.

He arrived at the location after several more minutes of driving at an insane speed. He didn’t really care. As he arrived at the location he parked his car in the shadows and somewhere nobody would notice him either getting out or in. Anyways, he wouldn’t stay long. He would simply paid them a visit and congratulate them. Then he would be gone as fast as he had arrived.

He got out of his car and shut it. He then walked over to the main entrance. He was a little surprised that there were actually guards at the front door. He sighed and simply showed them his invitation. At first they looked at him vary, but they soon shrugged and let him in. Probably due to Hoseok’s false, polite smile. He had no idea where he had to go, but he soon found his way. He walked through the building, looking for the lucky couple. He also made sure that nobody would see him. A few times it happened that he would have almost walked in either Jungkook or Taehyung, but each time he managed to not let them know about his appearance. He made his way down the main hall, making sure to turn away each time someone who knew him wouldn’t see his face.

It was weird to hide himself like that, but in any other way he wouldn’t be able to finally find the newlywed couple. After he turned slightly to his right he saw Seokjin sitting at the main table together with Yoongi and the others. Only Namjoon was nowhere to be seen. He knew he would have to get to Namjoon first. His best friend would get Jin and together they would leave for somewhere safe.

However, it seemed that it took him too long to finally turn away from his friends’ table’s direction since no other than Yoongi was now starring at him. Hoseok looked into his eyes. He knew the older was in shock due to his own sudden appearance. Yoongi wouldn’t be able to speak for a few seconds, Hoseok knew him too well. Hoseok slightly shook his head and put his index finger to his lips, signaling Yoongi to keep quiet. The older started blinking and slightly bent his head to the left. Hoseok then knew the older had understood him and turned away to leave the hall. He was surprised the others hadn’t noticed the sudden change in Yoongi’s posture, but well, he couldn’t care less at that moment. He was rather kinda relieved. As he reached the big door of the hall he turned around again to check on the table again. Yoongi was still watching him. Hoseok could see the pain and the longing in the other’s eyes, but he knew it wouldn’t be a good idea to give in to it. Hoseok gifted the older a slight smile, even though it hurt his soul to actually look at him. He knew Jimin and Yoongi weren’t a thing thanks to one of Namjoon’s many attempts to bring him back. However, Hoseok wouldn’t let that bit of information be reason enough for him to go back to his ‘good life’. He was determined to keep it the way that worked best for him: staying on his own and far away from them.

He then finally exited the room to take another look around for Namjoon. He literally walked into every freakin’ room, however, Namjoon was nowhere to be seen. At one point of time he thought about giving up. He could just meet them at the airport. No big deal.

He had his gaze at the front door as he suddenly felt someone grabbing onto his left hand’s wrist. He flinched a little, surprised that he hadn’t noticed anyone getting near him. This was so unlike him. He turned his head to the left to look at the owner of the hand on his wrist. He wasn’t even surprised to find Yoongi clinging onto his wrist. He kinda had the feeling that he would encounter with Yoongi that evening again. He looked down at the elder’s face, however Yoongi kept his gaze at the ground. Hoseok kept his gaze at Yoongi and didn’t even notice the person right next to Hoseok, even though he really should. Hoseok made a mental note that suits really suited Yoongi’s frame.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as he heard someone else than Yoongi clearing his throat. Only then Hoseok finally took a glance at the third person. He blinked as he noticed Jin throwing him an almost scolding gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter