~5~

My Unbelievable Life

Ava just sat there stunned for a minute.

What?! Changkyun was the person lying there? He took care of me? Why? The thoughts flew through her head, one after the other.

"Are you feeling better, Ava ssi?" She looked up and saw Minhyuk standing beside the bed, a questioning look on his face.

"Yes. You really scared us last night, Noona." Jooheon chimed in, coming to stand behind Minhyuk.

A tiny smile crossed her face at their caring concern. It was refreshing after the awful evening she had went through the night before.

"Yes. My headache is gone and my head only hurts a little."

Relief flashed across the two members' faces.

"Great." Minhyuk said.

"I'm so glad." Jooheon followed up with.

She smiled at them again. She couldn't figure out why Shownu and Minhyuk were being so kind to her today. And Changkyun staying up to take care of someone he kept glaring at? What was up with that.? Had finding her passed out on the floor scared them that much? Well, whatever it was, she was just glad that things seemed to be going better than they had at first. 

The two drifted back over to their side of the room and pulled out clean clothes.

"We'll go and leave you in peace. We need to get dressed." 

She nodded in response to Jooheon's words.

"Yes, I should as well."

"You can use the bathroom you were in last night.  We usually leave that open for visitors." Minhyuk told her.

The two left and she gingerly climbed from the bed. She had to brace herself on the bed for a minute before she was sure she could stand up without falling over.

She headed to the bathroom.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Ten minutes later, she made her way down the hall towards the noise she heard.

In the kitchen, Kihyun, Shownu, Hyungwon and Wonho were scurrying around carrying things.

Shownu turned around and saw her. "We'll be eating in the dining room again."

"Okay. Is there anything I can do?"

This time Kihyun answered her. "No, just find a seat," he said smiling at her.

It seemed Kihyun had moved past the dislike stage as well. That was good. Maybe they all had?

She left the room and walked across the hall to the other room. The other three members were already seated around the table.

She caught sight of Changkyun's face and felt disappointment clench her stomach at the glare that he again sported. He turned his head in the opposite direction.

So not everyone had moved on. So if he still hated her, why had he watched her last night? Had someone forced him to?

That must be it, she realized. Why else would someone's attitude seem to do a 360 so quickly? 

Since the maknae was on one end of the table, she chose the other end. That was as far from him as she could get.

With him being hateful again, how was she going to be able to thank him? Even if he hadn't done it of his own volition, he had still missed sleep because of her condition. She felt the least she owed him was a thank you.

The other members joined them and everyone began to eat. This time, everyone with the exception of Changkyun, spoke to her. The others expressed concern for her health just like Shownu, Minhyuk and Jooheon had.

She was glad. It was going to be hard trying to work with one person who didn't like her, much less if there were five others.

After the meal, Shownu and Changkyun took a turn in the kitchen, while the others scattered. She ended up back in the living room with Wonho and Hyungwon.

They sat on one of the couches while she again chose the same armchair she had used previously.

"So you speak Korean so well, " Wonho commented. " What is the story behind that, Ava ssi?"

"You can call me noona. I think that would be much easier since we'll be working together so much."

"Nae," they both said, nodding to her.

" I had a friend in college who listened to KPop and she had me listen to Super Junior and then some other groups. I loved the sound and got hooked right away. I wanted to be able to know what the songs were about so I found and took a Korean language course. That's pretty much it."

"Did you know Monsta X before you took this job? Hyungwon asked.

"Yes." She smiled. "I went to KCON LA last year and saw you all perform there. I didn't know a lot about Monsta X before I went but after I got back home, I found out a lot more. Then, you put out 'Hero' and I just love that rooftop version MV." She grinned at them. "That is my favorite MV."

"I had to take pills to film that," Wonho moaned.

"Yeah, I remember reading a comment on that video about that. That must have been horrible for you. " 

He shrugged. "It wasn't too bad since I took medication. Mostly it was just kind of embarrassing."

"I can understand." She paused before leaning closer to the couch and lowering her voice a little. "Can you keep a secret?"

The two members looked at her with interest. "Sure," they said together.

"I am very claustrophobic. I came close to hyperventilating in the elevator yesterday. It was so crowded with all my luggage."

"Whoa!" "Jinjja?"

Maybe she should have kept this to herself. Judging by the looks on their faces, by tonight all of Monsta X might just know her embarrassing secret.

"What are you two being noisy about?"

Shownu entered the room followed by the rest.

"Nothing," Hyungwon quickly said.

"Ava ssi," Shownu started.

She interrupted. "I think it will be easier if everyone just calls me noona."

Shownu nodded. "All right. Noona. If you are supposed to get to know us better, we should go and do something to get better acquainted, rather than just stay at home."

She nodded. He was right. "What did you have in mind?"

He looked around the room at the other members before looking back at her. "Let's go to Lotte World."

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

An hour later, they all stood inside the entrance to the outside park, Magic Island. All the members were wearing hats, masks and sunglasses. If any fans saw them, they would be mobbed. She had gone back to her room and showered and changed clothes and now wore a hot pink top and black jeans.

Jooheon rubbed his hands together in glee. "Where to first?"

"Somewhere not high," Wonho muttered.

Everyone chuckled. "Of course not, Wonho hyung, " Kihyun soothed.  "We can ride other rides first before anyone goes on a roller coaster etc. One of us, will stay with you at all times so you're not alone."

The words sounded like they were those you would speak to a child, but the tone was not. Kihyun wasn't speaking like Wonho was a baby in need of help. He just genuinely cared about Wonho and didn't want anyone to be by themselves when they were here to have fun.

"Well, since we're waiting on the coasters, let's go inside the Ghost House, and then go inside and ride the Camelot Carrousel. Is that acceptable with everyone?" Shownu looked around the group. Everyone nodded. "Then, kaja."

They found the entrance to the ghost house and waited in line.

"Have you ever been to an amusement park, Noona?" 

Ava turned to Minhyuk. "Oh yes, a bunch of times. I have four brothers and they loved to make me go on roller coasters and in haunted houses like this," she said motioning to the building they were waiting to enter.

"You have four brothers?" exclaimed Jooheon. 

"Yes," she said laughing. "Three older and one younger."

"Do you have any sisters?" 

"No, I don't, Minhyuk. Just brothers."

"That's sad."

"Yes. It kind of is." She felt a little sad thinking about it. Her parents had wished for more girls but after having her younger brother, they had never gotten pregnant again. She had often wished for a sister, someone she could share secrets with and confide in. Sadly, she was the only girl.

The others took turns asking her questions about where she lived and about her job at the magazine.

Everyone but Changkyun. For the twenty minutes they had been at the park, and even in the van, he hadn't once spoken. Most of the time he just looked at his phone. As much as he seemed to use it, he should just glue it to his hand. That way he'll never lose it, she thought. 

The line to the ghost house finally moved and they entered the attraction.

It seemed to be your run-of-the-mill haunted house, pitch black with occasional flickers of light and ghosts popping out of the walls and creepy music playing. Other Halloween themed monsters were there as well, seeming to come out of the darkness directly in front of her every now and then.

They were almost halfway through and she was enjoying herself, just walking through and looking in all directions, when she felt a hand suddenly grab her arm.

The grip was tight and she couldn't pull away from it. She felt herself yanked backwards and tried to keep her balance. 

Whoever had grabbed her seemed to be going back the way they had come but she couldn't be too sure since it was so dark with the lights only giving occasional flickers and those were starting to make her dizzy, she was being pulled along so fast.

Her abductor took a left turn suddenly and she found herself shoved against a wall with a hand over while their other hand still had a death grip on her arm.

"Who do you think you are? Leave Monsta X alone. If not, you'll regret it. I'll make sure of it."  The voice came out of the darkness and caused shivers to travel down her spine.

The hand over suddenly disappeared. She felt a rush of air before she was slapped so hard she saw stars.

"You've been warned."

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

I'm back! :) I just got this sudden idea to add a little danger to this story lol. Hope you all enjoy and keep reading!! 

 

P.S. I looked up actual rides at Lotte World but I have no idea what their Ghost House actually has inside. I just tried to make it like a haunted house would be.