~4~

My Unbelievable Life

Changkyun stared at Ava. She was lying on the bed and every so often she would make a soft groaning sound. He wondered what had happened and why she was in so much pain. Her pain seemed to have made an identical twinge appear and squeeze his heart.

He took the washcloth from her head and swirled it around in the tub of ice water. He sqeezed out the excess water and reached up and placed the now cold washcloth back on her forehead. He then adjusted the ice pack that was placed on the pillow under her head.

He had lost count of the amount of times he had already done both of those things. He took out his phone and checked the time. 1:24. He had been sitting there with the girl for over three hours now. Not once had she awoken. 

He thought back to what had transpired several hours before.

 

~~~~~~~~ 

 

"I will."

"What? You'll watch over Ava noona?" Jooheon asked in disbelief.

He nodded.

"What changed from an hour ago? You hated her." Wonho looked at him like he thought he had lost his mind.

"I still do hate her." 

Shownu raised his brow sharply. "Then I think someone else should stay with her. You might hit her over the head and give her another injury instead of caring for the one she already has."

" No, I'll take care of her properly," he insisted. " I wouldn't hurt someone."

Shownu didn't look convinced. "I think Kihyun or I should watch her. You five should get some rest. We had a long, hard day of practice today."

"Hyung, we have an off day tomorrow. We'll be fine." Hyungwon spoke up this time.

"Well, all right," Shownu said after several minutes of contemplation. "But, Maknae....you better take good care of her." He glared at Changkyun. " If something happens to her, Manager Woo and Minjun-hyung will have our heads." 

"I promise, she'll be fine."

 

~~~~~~~~

 

He still didn't know what had made him speak up and volunteer. Jooheon was right. He did hate this girl. It was official. He had lost his mind!

He glanced again at his phone. The colors and numbers blurred together when he suddenly yawned. He looked around the room to where the other beds were. Minhyuk and Jooheon were in their beds fast asleep, where he should be too.

He again dipped the cloth in the cold water and wrung it out. Before placing it back on her forehead, he laid the back of his hand there instead.

She was still a little warm but not nearly as burning hot as she had felt hours before. It seemed her fever was finally breaking. He sighed a little in relief and replaced the cloth.

Suddenly Ava's lips moved and she spoke. "No. No! Give it back." Her voice seemed to hold tears. "Give it to me!" A few tears fell from her eyes and slid down her face.

Changkyun sat there blinking. What was she dreaming about? She seemed very upset. Why was she crying?

Suddenly, she started to thrash around causing the blankets to fall to the side. "Stop! Stop it, please! Stop...." Her voice had risen to a shout before falling to a whisper and Changkyun looked nervously to the other two members, afraid the noise would wake them up but thankfully they slept on.

"Sshhh," he said softly, reaching out and patting her hand. "It's okay. It's okay."

She must have heard him somehow, because she stopped moving around and seemed to fall deeper asleep.

He continued to pat her hand, until he too fell asleep, his head lying on the mattress by her side.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Ava turned her head, trying to get away from the sun's rays that were shining in through the window to land in her eyes. She reached up her right hand and covered the top half of her face. Her fingers encountered a half-damp cloth and she frowned.

She pulled it from her head and opened her eyes to look at it. It was a red cloth and she had no recollection of getting it. Just where had it come from??

She went to move her left hand and froze. There was another hand lying on top of hers. 

Suddenly her memories came pouring into her brain. 

She had been at Monsta X's dorm and she had excused herself to use the bathroom. On the way there, her head had started hurting horribly. She had finally made it to the bathroom and used the toilet. Then what?

That's right. Her headache had come back with a vengeance and she had tried to grab something to hold onto. She remembered falling and then.......nothing. She must have passed out in the bathroom.

That thought had her looking up. Wait. Where was she? This didn't look like the bathroom to her. Her head no longer hurt either. Well, her headache that is. The back of her head had a dull ache for some reason.

She tried to make sense of what she was seeing. This room had tan walls with posters on them. She knew one thing for sure. The bathroom walls had had no posters.

She finally gained enough courage to look down. She had tried to barely move as she had looked around the room so as not to disturb whoever that hand belonged to.

She looked and saw a light brown head of hair. She blinked a little trying to focus better and discern who was lying there. She looked at the hand on top of hers but that didn't give her any clues either.

She slowly tried to inch her hand from beneath the mystery hand. The hand twitched and she saw the head jolt slightly. She froze. She swallowed nervously and kept her eyes glued on the brown hair. The head started to rise and she snapped her eyes closed. She felt the hand remove itself and the person stand up.

She kept her eyes tightly closed and tried to breathe normally. 

She nearly leaped out of the bed, which she now realized she was lying on, when she felt a soft hand touch her bare forehead. The hand went away but she realized, just to check the back of her head where it ached, when she felt the hand touch the bump there gently.

She nearly hissed in pain when the hand touched the most painful place.

She kept still and managed not to make a sound until the hand was removed and she heard the person move away. After a minute, she heard a door open and close and finally allowed herself to reopen her eyes and sit up.

She groaned as she did so because it felt like she had run a marathon, her body felt so sore. She realized her arms had bandaids on them and wondered what in the world she had done to become this banged up. Obviously, this must all be from passing out and falling in the bathroom.

She heard a snore and looked over and realized she wasn't alone after all. 

On the other side of the room, were two more beds, and they were occupied. She saw a blonde head peeking out of one of the blankets and a red one in the other.

So.....Minhyuk apparently but was the redhead Jooheon or Kihyun? But more important, how in the crap had she gotten into someone's room??!! 

The door opened and a frowning Shownu stepped into the room.

"You're awake. Good. Can you tell me what happened to you last night? We found you passed out on the floor in the bathroom."

"Uh..." Seeing him had momentarily stumped her vocal cords. What did a person say in response to a question like this? In this kind of embarrassing situation. The truth obviously. Duh,  her mind responded and she almost laughed because she often had conversations with herself silently and aloud.

She cleared . "I developed a migraine. Sometimes I get them so bad, they make me pass out. That must have been what happened this time too."

His face cleared. "Ah. So that's what happened." He stepped closer to the bed. "You have probably seen them already, but your arms were cut by the jars that were in the bathroom. They must have fallen off the shelves. You apparently hit your head as well."

She blushed. "Actually, I grabbed onto the shelving. I felt myself falling and grabbed for the nearest thing."

"The shelves aren't very sturdy," he reprimanded.

"I know that now," she chuckled lightly.

He grinned slightly. "Yes," he agreed.

Seeing him smile, loosened up the tension that had grown in her chest from the moment she woke up and realized she didn't know where she was.

"The bathroom is free if you'd like to wash up. Kihyun is making breakfast." He waited till she nodded before moving to wake up Minhyuk and the redhead, who since Kihyun was apparently cooking, must be Jooheon.

They both burrowed under the covers trying to block the sound of Shownu's loud voice. He then resorted to tickling.

"Hyung, stop!" Minhyuk chortled. Shownu didn't heed his request and tickled harder and Minhyuk slid off the bed.

"Oww!" 

"That's what you get, for not getting up immediately." Shownu grinned down at him and Minhyuk retaliated by grabbing his ankle and pulling him down onto the floor, before paying him back in tickles.

Jooheon kicked off his blankets and decided to join them.  He tackled Shownu and soon all three were squirming around the floor like crazy people.

"Stop!" Shownu hollered at them and finally managed to stand up. "Breakfast in 15 minutes." 

He headed to the door.

"Oh, by the way." He turned around and looked at Ava. "Did Changkyun take good care of you last night?"

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi!! I decided to try and upload another chapter now because next week I am working 53 hours and I knew I would have very little free time.

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter a lot more :) I hope I can continue being inspired to write this.

P.S. Thank you to my new subscriber! Enjoy!