~13~

My Unbelievable Life

"Ava-noona?" Shownu said, concern evident in his voice. "Are you all right?

Ava felt her face get warm and ducked her head down, nodding. "Yes, I'm fine. I just had a bad dream."

Jooheon frowned. "A bad dream, Noona?" He bent down, trying to see her face. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes. I'm fine, I said. Nothing to worry about." She raised her head and dredged up a smile, which became a real one when she saw again all their concerned faces.

Jooheon's face relaxed and be reached out and patted her shoulder.

Changkyun's gaze shot to him as he witnessed that and he scowled. What is up with Jooheon? He keeps acting as if Ava-noona is his girlfriend. Whatever. His head started to hurt from so much thinking and he shook it and turned his attention to the landmarks they were passing.

An hour later they arrived at the venue where the photoshoot would take place and the van emptied.

They entered through a discreet side entrance and their manager shook hands with the building director. He was a nice-looking man in his late thirties and his eyes lit up when he saw Ava.

"Ah! You must be the American photographer I have heard so much about." His smile stretched from ear to ear and he took both of Ava's hands in his and held them.

Ava smiled back a bit unsurely and Changkyun scowled for the second time that day. What was with all these males all over their noona? Someone needed to tell them all to back off-

Shownu stepped forward and gently pulled Ava back. "Hello. Nice to meet you. I am Shownu, the leader of Monsta X." He bowed politely and smiled at the man, while surreptitiously placing himself between Ava and the man.

"Ahh, yes," he replied. "Kwon Jimin at your service." He bowed in return, but his eyes were on Ava's face.

Changkyun rolled his eyes and pushed forward till he was standing next to Shownu. He nudged his arm. "Hyung. Are we going inside?" He whispered.

Shownu glanced down at him and he saw the amused grin he now sported. "I sure hope so. I'm afraid for noona. I think Jimin-ssi may eat her for dinner," he replied back quietly.

Hyungwon, forever the sleepy member, yawned noisily and Jimin turned to him.

"Oh, you are probably all so tired from your trip. Let me show you to your dressing room." He led the way down the hall. "Would any of you like some refreshments?" 

Most of them ordered juice or cappuccino and after opening the door to a brightly lit, spacious room, Jimin left them.

"Thank goodness," muttered Minhyuk collapsing on one of the couches. "I thought he would never leave. Did you guys see how he couldn't take his eyes off noona?"

Jooheon frowned. "Yes, I did..." He turned to look at Ava. "Noona, did be make you uncomfortable?"

Ava laughed a little. "Oh, just a bit."

No one said anything for a while and everyone tried to relax before they would have to their makeup and clothes done. Their drinks arrived carried by a young man they hadn't yet met and they took them thankfully.

 

 

Ava watched from the side as all the makeup artists and stylists made up the boy's faces and hair. There was a curtailed off corner of the room and they took turns changing into their first outfits. Her camera lay in her lap, ready for when she would need it.

"All right, guys!" The manager entered the room and clapped his hands. "The room is ready. Kaja!"

The room chosen for the shoot was large and airy with floor to ceiling windows that let in the sunlight. The boys perched on chairs and stools, lied on the floor, and even sat on one another's shoulders as Ava circled them, snapping pictures left and right. Every now and then she would call out a command to move this way or that and to pose a different way.

For two hours, they changed outfits and backgrounds as Ava worked every possible angle. She had gotten so engrossed in her work that she'd even forgotten that Jimin had come back and stood directly behind her, so close she thought she had felt his breath on her neck.

The shoot wrapped up with the seven members all sprawled out on a couch. They all wore some type of sports clothes and looked hot and sweaty like they'd just finished playing a game of some sort.

"All right! That's it, everyone!" The manager clapped his hands again and the boys sighed in relief, before they all made a beeline for the private shower room that had been provided for their use.

Ava gathered all her equipment and started stowing it in the appropriate bags. She heard someone clear their throat behind her.

"Ahem. Ava-ssi," Jimin started. "May I take you out to lunch?"

She groaned silently, but plastered a smile on her face. "I appreciate the invitation, but-"

"Ava-ssi, Jimin-ssi has rented out a restaurant for all of us this afternoon," the manager spoke up, throwing her a wink. "Jimin-as I probably just meant he would like to you today."

"Oh," Ava squeaked out. "I guess I can make it after all," she told Jimin, bowing slightly.

Jimin rubbed his hands together. "Great! I'm so glad you've accepted," he said, looking like a little boy who'd just been given a new toy.

 

From across the table, the seven members watched openmouthed as Jimin fawned over Ava. He tried to do everything for her, even lifting her chopsticks with a bites of food to . After doing this twice, she finally wrestled the chopsticks from him and fed herself.

That didn't stop Jimin though. He simply lifted her glass and held it up till she had taken a drink.

Changkyun felt like his blood pressure was going to go through the roof and he didn't even have a blood pressure problem. After a few minutes of feeling forced to watch the two of them, he managed to drop his eyes to his plate and focus on his food.

Jooheon felt like he wanted to punch Jimin. Anyone could tell that Ava did not like or want the attention. His hand clenched his chopsticks so hard he felt the wood crack and had to ask the waiter for a replacement pair.

The others just watched dumbfounded. They weren't sure whether Ava liked the attention or not. 

Eventually the lunch came to an end and all nine visitors breathed a sigh of relief.

Ava bowed to Jimin and thanked him, while thinking, Thank God that's over! She never wanted to see Jimin again. He gave her the creeps. He was just so friendly...

Outside, she was the first to clamber into the van, climbing into the very back seat by the window. She took out her iPod and found some soothing music.

The music helped to keep away the dark depressing thoughts that came back as soon as she set foot in the van. She firmly pushed them to the side, and smiled at the members as they climbed into the van.

Jooheon sat beside her, but seeing her earbuds didn't speak. Instead be patted her hand comfortingly and took out her right earbud, which he then stuck in his own ear. 

Together they listened to the soothing classical violin music she'd chosen and watched the passing trees go by. Before they'd gotten even thirty minutes away, the music had lulled them both to sleep. For a while their heads nodded, before finally Ava's fell onto Jooheon's shoulder and his leaned against hers.

Minhyuk who was sitting by the door in the middle seat tapped Kihyun on the arm and motioned to the back with his head. Kihyun turned around and what he saw brought a smile to his face.

"Awww!" He cooed at Minhyuk. "They're so cute! Should we ship them?"

Sitting beside Jooheon, Changkyun frowned for what felt like the tenth time that day.