"Is he flirting with me?"

Teach Me How to Forget

Jaebum finished unpacking. They both went to sleep that night thinking about each other. Morning arrives, and when Jackson wakes up, Jaebum has already left. There’s a little note on his bedroom door.

“You looked so peaceful while sleeping so I’ll just go ahead and open the shop by myself. I’m used to it anyway. I made you breakfast so make sure to eat well before coming to work. PS: You’re the best boss in the world.”

– Wow, no one has ever made me breakfast before. Mark would even split the bill when we ordered pizza together. Jaebum just made me breakfast without asking for anything in return.

There was a cup of coffee next to a slice of cake on top of the kitchen counter. The coffee had a little sticky note on the cup.

“Enjoy your new favorite coffee”

– I don’t even have coffee in my house… How did he do this? I could call him but… It’s rush hour right now, all the high school kids are going there to eat breakfast. He must be busy. I’ll just text him.

 

From: Jackson

To: Jaebum

Text: Thank you for breakfast. I guess this coffee is not that bad.

 

Jackson wasn’t expecting it, but Jaebum answered right away.

 

From: Jaebum

To: Jackson

Text: Perfect breakfast, right? Coffee that tastes bitter, just like you and a sweet piece of cake, just like me. I guess we make a good combo together.

 

« What’s this supposed to mean? Is he flirting with me? Am I misunderstanding the situation? I still have some feelings for Mark but nothing too strong. I’m afraid I’ll get hurt again. And I’m afraid of hurting him. I’ll call Mark right now, and go to work after that. »

– Hello?

– Hey Mark.

– Jackson! How are you? I’ve missed you so much!

– Yeah, Yeah… Is everything ok between you and Jinyoung?

– Yes! We actually got a puppy yesterday. We called it Coco. It’s a white maltease.

– That’s good, I know you love animals. Well, I actually called you because I needed some advice.

– Oh, really? What do you need?

– You know that I had feelings for you, right?

– I know that…

– Well, I still have some feelings left, but lately I’ve been feeling weird around my new employee, Jaebum. He’s always really nice to me, and is always smiling at me. He even kissed my forehead yesterday before we went to sleep.

– “we”?! Wow Jackson sleeping around already?

– No! That’s not what I meant. He’s staying at my apartment for a while.

– Well, Jackson…If you’re crushing on him, just go for it. Take the risk. Tell him how you feel.

– What if he doesn’t feel the same?

– You’ll never know if you don’t tell him.

– I guess you’re right…

– I’m always right. I have to go now; maybe we can have a double date if things go well for both of you.

– Maybe. Bye Mark.

« I hate to admit it, but Mark is right. I need to tell him, and I’ll tell him tonight. »

-----♥-----

Yay for the puppy reference :D What do you think of the story so far? Shall I give you a little spoiler? The tittle of the next chapter is "I don't feel the same". I'll try to post it tomorrow <3