"My new favorite coffee"

Teach Me How to Forget

Closing time arrives and Jackson’s in his office waiting for Jaebum. Jaebum finishes cleaning the tables, locks the door, hangs the “closed” sign, and walks into Jackson’s office.

– Hey, boss. You wanted to see me? Did I do anything wrong? I really need this job, I don’t know what I can…

– Jaebum, sit down. – Jackson points at the chair in the other side of his desk.

– Yes, sir.

– How much?

– W-W-What?

– How much do you need? I know you want me to raise your payment. You’re always smiling at me, and even offered me some coffee.

– No! It’s not like that at all! I’m not smiling or offering you things to earn more money from you. I just did it to be nice. I can tell you’re really stressed out sometimes and I just wanted to make you feel better.

– Why?

– Because you’re just like coffee and I really like coffee.

– What do you mean I’m like coffee? Is that supposed to be a joke?

– No, it’s not a joke. You can be bitter and really unpredictable, but after tasting you it feels warm and cozy. And after getting used to how you taste, it gets addictive and it makes me wanna taste it every day.

– Hmm…Maybe that’s why your coffee tasted so good.

– Oh, so you liked it?

– Hun? No. I hated it. You can go now. I’ll close the shop today.

– I’ll stay here until you’re done, sir. I like to close the cafe.

– No, sorry. Today I’m closing it.

– So…Where am I supposed to go?

– Home?

– I don’t have what people call a “home”.

Jaebum proceeded to tell Jackson all about how he lost his family in a car accident and couldn’t keep up with his house bills all by himself. He tried to find a roommate but no one wanted to be next to him, people find him awkward and weird. He was living in the streets until Jackson gave him this job. He’s been sleeping in the coffee shop since then.

– So…That’s why…I was wondering how you’re already here every time I come to work every morning. And why you always want to close by yourself. If a place to stay is your problem you can stay at my place for a while. I used to have a roommate so I’ve been feeling really lonely anyway.

– Really? I really don’t want to ruin your personal space, Mr. Wang.

– I already told you that you can call me Jackson. Well, will you accept my offer or not?

– Yes, Yes Mr. Jackson. Thank you so much.

Jaebum didn’t have much so everything he owned fitted in a little blue backpack. He went home with Jackson. Jackson prepared some tea for both of them and they sited together on the couch trying to get to know each other a little better.

– So, what happened to your roommate, Jackson?

– Well… We used to live in a college dorm together. I was in love with him since middle school. He was my first love. He fell in love with another man and completely rejected my feelings so…He moves in with his new boyfriend and I bought this apartment and opened the coffee shop.

– Do you still have feelings for him?

– Unfortunately I still think about him. I’m not madly in love anymore but there are some feelings left. I don’t even know how I am supposed to fall in love again.

– Well…when you don’t like your favorite coffee anymore…you usually take the risk and try new ones.

– Wow, you really like coffee. I can never understand what you’re trying to say.

– I’ll show you.

Jaebum kissed Jackson's forehead and left to the guest’s room to unpack his things.

« Wow, Jaebum must be my new favorite coffee. »

-----♥-----

I finaly updated! I hope you guys are enjoying this sequel :D