ano koro wa ei nakatta

On Our Minds

Sehun heaved a sigh as he watch his baba and his umma avoiding each other. More like his umma ignoring his baba while the said baba was trying to help his umma.

Sehun what the couple had been through, he wanted to blame himself. If it wasn’t for him, maybe his baba doesn’t have to leave. Maybe if he could have just kept his feelings at bay, maybe things might have been better for them. But Sehun could also not lie to himself.

He heaved a sigh as he slumped beside Jongdae. Jongdae cast his eyes on the maknae as he watch Sehun stared longingly at their umma and appa who were silently eating dinner after the preparations. Junmyeon didnt have a choice but to ask Yifan to help him book their tickets.

“Pray and tell me that you have also noticed the   between them” Jongdae stated as he watch Junmyeon recoiled from Yifan’s touch . Sehun heaved a sigh as he watched his baba wince from what his umma did.

“Why can’t they just talk about it,hyung? Doesn’t appa deserve the right to say what his side?” he muttered as he laid his head to his hyung. Chen smiled bitterly at the maknae as he caressed his head.

“sometimes,pride gets the best of us,Sehunnie” Jongdae said as he pat the younger and silently left for his room.

 

 

Yifan heaved a heavy sigh as he sauntered to the dishwasher to place his soiled dish and cutleries. He felt his heart ache even more when Jun winced at their touch. It was only an accident, seeing that Jun doesn’t really want him around makes it more difficult for him to talk to the K-leader. The former M-leader heaved another sigh as he walk towards his shared bedroom with Jongin and Chanyeol. Apparently, Kyungsoo had offered his side of the bed in favour of watching over Junmyeon and Sehun clean their room. Yifan was somehow relieved that he was rooming with Jongin and Chanyeol.  He was pretty much in-sync with the two. Yifan grabbed his bottle of capsule as he took one before going to bed.

He closed his eyes and offered a prayer to God that despite the pain he was feeling, he had given him a reason to smile everyday. He gave him a chance to see Junmyeon even if the other was clearly not happy of his presence.

“Guess one day, you will be happier without me” he thought wistfully as he closed his eyes and allowed sleep to take over him.

Jongdae felt his heart broke when  Junmyeon had moved away from his baba, but what hurts the most was the wince that Yifan did. He knew that the elder Chinese was carrying something in his chest. yes, he have heard rumors about his gege but asking him now would only make the situation worse.

Ever since, he knew Yifan had always loved Junmyeon despite the city guy exterior that his galaxy-hyung would often sport. Jongdae knew that despite the facade his hyung was the best. He had often took care of others before himself. Jongdae felt guilty.  But somehow there are things that are beyond their control.

Please be well, hyung” he prayed as he watched his hyung clutch his chest even more

 

Two days from their departure, Junmyeon had never been so happy. He was going to meet his lover in the airport. It had been months since they have seen each other. Despite the kakao talk and skype calls, it never seemed enough. He was happy to have Yixing back.

He had woke extra early and helped Kyungsoo make breakfast for everybody

“You seemed happy today,hyung” Kyungsoo said as he started to make the batter for pancakes.

“Yixing would be arriving today” he beamed as he prepared the plates on the table. 

He had mentally made a checklist. He had cleaned their room, he had made arrangements with Xiumin and Chen if Chanyeol can crash with them while Kyungsoo would room with Luhan and Tao. He wanted to spend his  day with Yixing after all.

 

Yifan was surprised to see Sehun sleeping on Chanyeol’s side on that very day. The said maknae was holding his fiancée. He gently poked his baby, hoping that  Sehun would wake up for a bit.

“baby, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in your room?” he said he pat the younger’s head.

“baba, Yixing-hyung would be home today so apparently i got kicked out of my room” he said, yawning and snuggling closer to Jongin’s warmth.

Yifan felt his heart thumped louder than usual.  He heaved a sigh.  It seems like sighing had been one of his past times lately.  Yifan got up and decided to let the maknae sleep in. He decided to grab some water for his pills.

“Another day,yifan” he thought as he walked towards the kitchen.Yifan felt his heart leaped as he saw Junmyeon and Kyungsoo cooking. A small smile graced his face as he watched Junmyeon beamed happily as they chatter while making breakfast.

“he must be excited” he thought wistfully as he silent grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and trudge towards their share bedroom.

 

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh as he watch the dejected back of the former M-leader. He looked at Junmyeon who was pretty giddy of Yixing’s arrival. Though he may not know everything, he knew Kris’s departure was not on whim but rather it has something more. Gone was the man who used to be tall and cool in his eyes. He felt his heart break for his duizhang.

 

As soon as Yifan arrived in his temporary room,he chugged down his pills and laid down beside the young couple. A smile crept into his face as he saw the contentment in Sehun’s features.

“i wish i could have fight for you,Myeon”  he thought a he stared at the ceiling.  There were so many things that he wanted to say, somehow, fate must have been cruel enough to slap him the truth.

He will never have his Junmyeon again. Not now,not ever.a