At the other end

On Our Minds

Yixing watched his phone as the call ended moments ago. He heaved a sigh as his thoughts on a certain leader come into his mind. Talking to your lover’s ex-beau wasn’t easy, considering the ex-beau was also someone dear to you.

He was afraid. Afraid that one day, Junmyeon will leave his side and choose Yifan-ge. He knew that Junmyeon still harbours some feeling for the former leader and he knew that Junmyeon doesn’t love him as much as the other had loved Yifan-ge. He wanted to cry out of the frustration that he is feeling but he knew crying them out will not do him any good.

“Ai yo wei” he thought as he face palmed himself. He knew it was stupid to ask the older to take care of his boyfriend but he knew Yifan-ge knows Junmyeon better than anyone else. Besides, Junmyeon will never cheat on him right?

Trust him, Yixing-ah he told himself as the uncertainty of where he stand in Junmyeons life lingered on his mind. He tried to relax and shook off the negative vibe in his body. He put his phone back on his pocket as he and some of his fellow members in the Chinese variety show were currently taking a short break after that gruelling challenge. He flopped down beside Show Lou.

“Hey, what’s with you?” the older man asked Yixing. He put on a tired smile as he shrugged off the worry off his gege.

“Nothing, I was talking to my lover and my best friend awhile ago” He said as he faked a smile on his face, hoping that Show Lou would just shrugged it off.

The older male shook his head in disbelief as he stood up and pat the younger male

“You know you can always count on us” He said as he pinches the younger’s cheek

“Lou-gege, stop it” he said as he pouted, rubbing his pinched cheek as the elder left, laughing along the way

Kris sighed as he watched Junmyeon doting around the members, more particularly at Sehun, who was currently pouting.

“I don’t want to wear white!” the maknae pouted as Junmyeon had shown the tuxedo that Sehun was supposed to be wearing on the day of his wedding.

“But Sehun-ie, Jongin-ah is wearing black” he heard the K leader explained to the youngest.

“But i don’t look good in white. Jongin-ie looks better in white”

Kris heaved a sigh and tap Junmyeon’s shoulder. He can feel the warmth radiating from the younger’s body but he can also sense the tense muscles under his palm.Kris took his hand away, hoping that it would at least save the atmosphere from becoming more awkward than it already was.

“Let me “he said softly as he could. Junmyeon heaved a sigh and push the garment into his arms without looking at him. Junmyeon left them without saying anything.

Kris heaved a sigh as he realized how painful it was to see someone leave without saying anything. Especially if that someone was someone you really loved.

“Baba~” Sehun said tugging his arm, Kris shook from his thoughts and look at the younger.

“What’s wrong, Sehun-ie? Why don’t you want to wear white?” he asked as he sat beside the younger, showing the tuxedo that was delivered earlier

“Because I’m afraid to make a mess on my tux and Jongin would look better in it too” the younger said as he looked at the said tux. Yifan chuckled softly as he notice the tag that was hidden under the pocket of the tux

He shook his head as he wrapped his arms around his baby.

“It was  meant for you somehow” he murmured as he pat the younger’s head

Sehun was about to pout when Yifan took the tag and handed it to the younger and left

 

As much as I wanted to propose with the proper ring, you know I have been investing too much to our future haven. Sehun-ie will you wear this as a sign of my love for you? I know a ring would be a perfect example to show my affection but when I saw this the last time, I can see you wearing this while I was waiting at the other end.

I love you, Sehun-ie

 

 

“Yes, Please. That would be all” Junmyeon said in English as he ended the call. Everything was all set. From the flowers until the tuxedo, unless wears his, that is. But he knows that with Yifan around it would be easier to placate the maknae considering he is much as daddy’s boy.

More like Yifan’s baby boy he thought as he shook his head from the thought. Ever since Yifan arrived, he had never said a word to the elder, afraid that he might say something to worsen the situation. There were so many things to ask but he knew it would be a waste of time asking them. Even if he gets his answer, he will never have Yifan back in his life nor will it make things right for EXO.

 

When the three have gone their way,Junmyeon knew that it would never be the same again. It will not change the fact that Jongin had suffered nor how down Yixing was. Yifan will never know how the Beagle line had lost their reason to smile. If it wasn’t for Sehun, maybe it would have been different now. Maybe they would have hated the others who have left.

When Lu han and Tao had first called, it was not a walk in a park. There were tears and curses and most of all there was love. He understood why they left and he understood why they wanted to be free. They did it for love after all

Junmyeon felt his eyes starting to water as the thought of Yifan had come into his mind.

Was I not enough for you to stay?

Those words echoed into his mind as he trudge his way to the kitchen.

 

Flashback

Junmyeon was pretty exhausted. They were so busy with their concerts. They would always end up sleeping in the living room when they all arrive their dorm. Kyungsoo and Chen were currently making dinner while Chanyeol was locked in his studio. The maknae were slumped on the floor with Yixing on the tow. Junmyeon smiled at the view in front of him. They had been through a lot. Tao had left them in the end. He was not mad at the younger, after all he had ask Junmyeon’s permission to leave. He heaved a sigh as he watched  Baekhyun coming out from his shared bedroom with Chanyeol

“hyung,you have a call”

His brows were in a knit. He was curious and confuse to who was calling them at 2:30 am. Junmyeon reached out his hand. He was about to say hello when someone beat him to it

“Hel-“

“Jun, it’s me” a familiar voiced said as tears slowly b into his eyes

“Luhan-hyung” he said acknowledging the slightly older man

“H-how have you been?” the other stuttered nervously from the other end

“w-we’re f-fine”

“Jun, I’m sorry. But I have to leave”

“Why?”

“I did it for love,Jun”

Then everything else clicked. When he remembered Tao said the very same thing when he left.

“H-how’s Tao?” he asked

“Umma, I’m here. Lu-ge is feeding me right now”

Junmyeon found himself crying as those words keep running into his head.