Prologue: When memories are slowly coming back

On Our Minds

I know I can't say "Baby please come back"

I cant go back to the very day that I left

and now the memories are slowly coming back

Please, I just wanna forget

 

Kris heaved a heavy sigh as he found himself sitting on the next plane to Korea. He never wanted to be there. Really. But he knew, he can’t say no to his son who is getting married today.  Here he was, after three days of constant threatening from Luhan and Baekhyun, Kris had booked the next flight going to Seoul, to meet up with his former bandmates so that they can all fly to California to the engaged couple.

Flashback

Kris heaved a sigh as Luhan marched towards him with Tao in a tow, the couple had invited him for dinner as he refused to take their calls. He wanted to avoid everybody after the incident a year ago, Kris had moved on, why do they have to slap on it on his face that it was his fault?

Luhan rolled his eyes as Tao had pulled a chair for him. Luhan sighed and sat down as he looked at him with annoyance and excitement.

“Please tell me why am I dragged into this dinner” he said stoically as soon as they finished ordering their dinner. Kris was quite annoyed on the two, Luhan seemed to be very happy and in love with the former  maknae of EXO M, Kris felt a pang of jealousy invades his heart as the memory of another  person lingers in his mind. The person whom he loved so much, the person whom he left, the person who is already happy with his bestfriend

“Sehun is getting married!” the two said gleefully in unison. Kris accidentally choked on his saliva as the word  Sehun and marriage sank down into his mind.

“Did you just say Oh Sehun, my Wu Shixun  is getting married?” he asked his voice was starting to pinch higher as the though t of his baby is getting married.

Luhan let out a guffaw as he looked at his expression. Tao was on the verge of laughing,however, because he knew he was losing his temper(well he did remember when Kris almost tried to choke Luhan when he said that they were in a relationship and all but he knows that Baba is pretty overprotective of them and at that time they had their mama to calm their angry dragon baba)

“Well, ba, not to worry, It’s Jongin that he is going to marry” he said hopefully that it would ease his former leader(well Kris is still their baba even if they are no longer part of the group)

Kris heaved a sigh and decided to call his little bratty son

 

It had been three years since he left. Three years since he had turn his back on the person he loved so dearly.  He never really wanted to be there but he knew Sehun wouldn’t let him be or Baekhyun would murder him if he won’t show his handsome face in the airport where they were waiting. Luhan and Tao had left early while Yixing had call him ahead, telling him that the couple will be seeing him at the airport.

 

As much as he wants to hate Yixing, he can’t. Xing was like a brother to him and being selfish would only make him look like a bad person.  Xing had been very helpful. For him and the person he loved so dearly.

Kris sighed as he looks at his watch; he still has two hours more before he sees his little Hunnie and his fiancée, the dancing machine of EXO. 

Flashback

“Baba, you can’t go!” Sehunnie whimpered softly in his arms as the maknae of EXO had tried to stop him from leaving

“baobei,baba has to. You see, if baba doesn’t leave at all, you will suffer and baba doesn’t want that” he whispered softly placating the younger in his arms. He felt his heart clenched but he knew he has to leave or they will all suffer. After all those times they went through, it would all be a waste if he stays.

“baba, what about umma, what will happen to us? Dont you love him enough to stay?” the youngest whimpered. Kris felt tears b in his eyes as the mere mention of the said umma had invaded his memory

“baobei, you must not tell Umma” he said to Sehun as he pulled back to look at the younger face to face. Sehun cried even harder as the unshed tears were not left unnoticed. Kris forced a smile and kissed the younger’s forehead.

“Baba will always love you. Baba will always love Umma. Baba will always love the lively trio, the quiet Kyungie, that loud mouth Luhan, the baozi, Minseok, your panda brother and the unicorn healer and baba’s baobei’s koibito” He murmured softly trying to ease the younger by stressing the word Koibito

 

“BABAAAA” Sehun pouted as Kris chuckled softly.

 


koibito means lover in Japanese

 

 

Their happiness was the most important thing for him, that is why he left. Sadly he forgot to bring his back with him. Even if he says that it was alright that he can move on, he can and he did but know as he returns, a part of him was longing to see the person that he used to love in the past.