Epilogue

Partial Eclipse Of Heart

"The day of my birth... my death began its walk. It was hurrying towards me without stopping. I was scared, T-Taeyeon-ah..." Baekhyun sobbed in pain as he explained about his condition.

 

"Why..." Taeyeon paused to think, "Why didn't you turn for me... for help."

"It was my fight." Baekhyun swallowed, trying to hold back his tears and the pain in his heart.

"No. It was our fight." Taeyeon simpered, staring right into his eyes as she shifted on the couch both of them were sitting on.


"Mommy look! I drew this!" Taeyeon's daughter, Ji-a, showed her mother, Taeyeon, a picture she drew. Taeyeon smiled when she carefully observed the art of a 3-year-old.

"I-is that daddy?" Ji-a's smile faded as she nodded her head. Ji-a was sad and it broke Taeyeon.

"I m-miss him, mommy..." Ji-a jumped on the couch and hugged her mother who was also feeling lonely.

"I miss him too."


"It was our fight, Baek." Taeyeon repeated, not wanting to break eye-contact with the said person.

"I... got scared..." Baekhyun inhaled deeply, "I was dying... I had no way to escape it." Taeyeon closed her eyes and took a deep breath, 'I thought I was the only one who was in pain.'

"I-It was hard for me... to abandon you too. D-do you think it was easy for me? It was k-killing me too." Baekhyun chose his words correctly noticing the pained expression on his ex lover's face. 'I would have preferred death than do it to you... but I had hope... that I would see you again.' He wanted to say but he kept it to himself. 

"I was banged up, mentally and emotionally, literally and metaphorically, but every single day I walked o-outside with a s-smile on my face..." Taeyeon's voice cracked as she was about the end, "Because that's who you are, Kim Taeyeon." Baekhyun completed her.


"D-do you think ... daddy misses us too?" Ji-a asked her mother playing with her fingers from time to time, "Of course he does. He wants to be with us so badly but-" Taeyeon paused when she looked at the time, "It's already nine, sweetheart. Go to bed. I'll tuck you in." 

"Yes, mommy." Ji-a obeyed and ran upstairs with her mother following her behind. 

"Can you check the monsters u-under my b-bed?" Ji-a pleaded with hope in her eyes and Taeyeon nodded with a smile before she ducked below her bed and lifted the covers, "Is there s-someone?" Ji-a asked, feeling terrified. "No, sweetheart. There is n-none because Ji-a is such a nice girl." Taeyeon said, looking at the picture frame she found under her daughter's bed and picked it up.

"Night."

"Can you tell daddy... I love him... when you see him?" 

"Yes, anything else?" 

"Night, mommy." Taeyeon turned off the light and closed the door.


"It was lonely... protecting a broken heart so no one can touch it."

"You don't know how..." Baekhyun paused to look at Taeyeon. "How every night I regretted. Chanyeol was i-in touch with me... he always told me h-how miserable you were and it broke me." 

"You don't know how sorry I am, Kim Taeyeon." Baekhyun continued to speak as she quietly listened, "When I was about to go in the operation theater... You were all I could think about. How I wanted to come home with you."

"Why didn't you tell me... you were d-dying." Taeyeon forced out the last part.

"And what i-if I didn't came back? I thought maybe if I l-left you hating me... you would have an easier time letting go of me." Taeyeon broke eye contact with him for the first time and crossed her arms, her gaze fell on her feet.

"And I didn't have any chances of living. I had no m-money. No nothing." Baekhyun added, "S-Suho hyung... He helped me..." 

"Why didn't you come back... when you were healed?" 

"... Chanyeol told me... how good you were doing... how you had a smile on your face and I thought maybe she moved on-" Baekhyun was cut off as he was explaining.

"I never did. Y-you know how hard it was to s-smile when you're broken? And how easy it was for me to jump and end it all?" Taeyeon spoke trying to hide away the undeniable pain in her body.

"I hope that I crossed your mind at least once a day so, I w-won't feel pathetic for thinking of you all the time."

"I'm so sorry, Taeyeon-ah... I... never stopped loving you." Baekhyun's confession took Taeyeon by surprise and she blinked looking at him.

"I still... am very much in l-love with you. Can w-we start again? So t-this time we'll do t-things right?" 

"I don't k-know, Baek."


Taeyeon retreated back to her couch after tucking away her daughter, train of thoughts haunting her, "Isn't it time for you to c-come back?" Taeyeon said to herself and caressed the picture in her grip of their family.

Ji-a, Taeyeon and Baekhyun.

"We started again, Byun Baekhyun."


"I'm scared of l-loving... But I'm hundred p-percent in l-love with you."

"I understand." Baekhyun spoke, hint of sadness in his voice he was beginning to get up when Taeyeon pulled him back. 

"No..." She started, "You don't understand." Baekhyun had no idea what was she thinking so, he kept his mouth shut. Soon he felt her soft lips on her again. 

"But you need to understand." She pressed her lips harder on his this time, he was suspended still in air not knowing what to do. He was taken back. It felt to both of them that they were having their first kiss all over again.

The first time they kissed was familiar.

Her hand made way to his back of his neck where she reeled in closer. Now, their lips moved in a synchronization motion. Baekhyun decided to be bold so he pushed her back on the couch so he was on top of her and hungrily attacked her lips. "Mhmm." Moaned, Taeyeon when she felt him bite her lower lip and his tongue entered where he explored every inch, his free hands rubbing all over her body. 

They battled for dominance before they pulled away to catch their breath.

"So... give me a r-reason to start again." She spoke claiming his lips once more slowly removing each other's clothing.


"Love, I'm home." Baekhyun announced as he entered the house he shared with his wife, Kim Taeyeon. As soon as Taeyeon heard the sound of the door clicking, she rushed to welcome him.

"Welcome back," Taeyeon said enveloping him in her arms, he took this opportunity to kiss her head. "Is Ji-a asleep?" Baekhyun asked letting go of Taeyeon and both of them sat down on the couch. "Yes. I tucked her a few minutes ago. If I had known I wouldn't have. She misses her daddy very much." 

Baekhyun eyes looked sad and guilt-ridden when his wife finished, "You know it's not your fault... if you have to work extra hours. We understand, baby." Taeyeon attempted to cheer him up by using the endearment he loved. 

"She told me to tell you she loves you." Taeyeon said, "She can say it herself... when we wake her up together tomorrow." Baekhyun smiled, finally scooting closer to his wife. "D-don't you have work tomorrow?"

"I... won't have to work extra anymore... I got promoted today— they held a meeting today and decided." Baekhyun and Taeyeon both broke out into a smile and she embraced him instantly, rubbing her head against his neck. "That's so wonderful, Baek. I'm so h-happy!" She showered him with kisses. 

"She'll be happy too, our Ji-a. Let's go to the amusement park tomorrow." He kissed her forehead. 

"But... she has school tomorrow." Taeyeon thought for a second, "Who cares. Family comes first." They embraced each other tighter.


 

Author's Note

AND THAT'S HOW IT ENDED.

You guys got the happy ending you wanted, leave the comments below and upvote too.

Thank you for your support. 

Comment please