Part 2

Partial Eclipse Of Heart

Partial Eclipse Of Heart

Part 2

 

 

When he heard about the unfortunate accident my mother was involved in, he rushed directly to the hospital. He found me on the ground right in front of the ICU room. My tears wouldn't stop coming out and I knew in the eyes of others, I look absolutely pathetic. While everyone passed by me, he was the only one who stopped and sat down next to me.

 

 

I noticed him inhaling strongly and I thought maybe he had run to here. A part of me wanted him to go away but I wanted him to stay with me too. He placed his hand on his heart and lowered his head. I was only looking at him from the corner of my eyes but when he spoke in his sweet melodic voice, I turned my head to him.

 

"You alright?" 

 

"Do I look alright to you." My response was not nice at all, and I was fully aware of that.

 

I wasn’t predicting him to say anything, "I don't expect you to be..." He whispered almost inaudibly.

 

"What is that supposed to mean?" I found myself asking him. Tears on my face long forgotten.

 

"Nothing special... I'm just telling you that it's alright to not be alright." I blinked at him, "Sometimes you just can't help it... Your mom... She'll be alright." He finished with a smile and I found myself just staring at him blankly. 

 

 

There was a long period of silence between us, however, it was not uncomfortable at all. "Do you... have someone special to... you?"

 

He turned to me with a smile but it was a forced one, "It's alright

 

He cut me off, "My dad." He shifted from his position, "He was very special to me." There were undeniable sadness and sorrow in his voice.I wanted him to continue, my curiosity was getting the best of me, but at the same time, I wanted him to open up himself.

 

"He... had cancer." At the shocking revelation, my face stiffened and I opened my mouth to say something but closed it again, "B-brain cancer... We found out too late... H-he wanted to go to a doctor but I al"  By then he had his head buried in his hands and he sobbed painfully. 

 

I felt so bad for asking him, he was sad because of me. I didn't want him to continue if it was hard to talk about it. "You don't have to continue"

 

 

"No... I want to let it out..." He said, choking the words out, "H-he becausehe was p-paralysed asked me to take him" He couldn't continue and I wrapped my arms around him and he immediately pressed his head closer to my chest. Had he been hiding this inside him all this time, that 16-year-old boy had to go through so much in his life whereas I, who thought had a hard time living. 

 

And on that day I wanted to know more about him, slowly. And that day I knew one more thing about him. I want to stay by your side, Byun Baekhyun.

 


"Chanyeol just texted me." Tiffany spoke, covering her eyes from the sun to look at the phone on her hand, "He's here."

 

Tiffany locked her phone shut and waved in a certain direction. I turned my head to greet our old friend, Park Chanyeol.

 

 

"Wow! You've grown tall." I complemented with a smile and he gladly returned the favour wearing his usual grin, "I... Noona you too." 

 

"What are you talking about? She's been like this since ten-" Tiffany attempted to mock my height but she stopped when she saw me firing her an icy glare.

 

"Let's go to that coffee shop, I'll kill for a cold drink." Chanyeol started walking away without even a response.

 


 

"Why are you working extra shifts?" Byun Baekhyun kept repeating the same thing over and over again each day. Ever since I started working at the cafe in front of our school, he followed me around everyday and everywhere. He appeared in front of my house early in the morning to walk me to school, he'd walk me to my part-time work and then to my home.

 

Even though it was frustrating, I was happy that I had someone to lean onto, Tiffany couldn't always be with me. But sometimes he'd just annoy the crap out of me, "Yah!" I called suddenly and he stopped whatever he was doing, "Why do you follow me everywhere?" 

 

"I don't... I just like this place a lot." His smile was maintained well on his face. It was almost as if he was mocking me. 

 

"If you are worried about me, I'm telling you don't. I can take care of myself." 

 

"Who? Me?" He raged like a comic character, his response was so hilarious. "Don't get ahead of yourself, me follow you?" He grabbed his bag and glared at me. "Fine, I won't." He left, leaving a sad frown on my face. 

 

 


"When did you return?" I asked stirring my drink.

 

"A week ago." We were sitting in the cafe Chanyeol wanted to go. It was the same cafe I used to work in and it had lots of memories. Sad ones mostly. Tiffany had to leave early, so after getting her drink she left. 

 

"Do you have a place to stay? Didn't you say your parents-" 

 

"Ah, no I'm actually living with Baek." My eyes instantly rounded in surprise and I turned my attention to him, he had his tongue between his teeth and it was as if he told me something he wasn't supposed to. 

 

"Noona..." 

 

"Why didn't you tell me he was back?" I spoke stammering.

 

"Noona, I-"

 

"Did he... tell you not to?" I theorised but a part of me wanted him to say no. 

 

"...He did. He asked me to not talk about him at all." 

 

His words made me inhale strongly. 

 


 

 

To be honest, at that time, I felt sad that he left me. I didn't want to go home alone. I was so used to him walking me home that it felt terrible. When did he start mattering to me. With those thoughts in my mind, my feet slowly lead me outside the cafe.

 

"Took you long enough." I shot up my head from the road to look at the familiar figure leaning against the wall.

 

"I thought you left..." It was like there was a sign on my head that said 'sad'. 

 

"I would never." He smiled walking beside me to my home.

 

I wished for it to be true, but it just made me smile temporarily. 


 

"He came back?" As soon as I disclosed the shocking news to my friend, Tiffany, she bombarded me with questions. 

 

"Didn't he contact you?" Tiffany saw me shaking my head.

 

"He... didn't want me to know that he... came back. Y-you know what that means, right?" 

 

"He doesn't want to... talk to you." She tried to make it sound good. She really did.

 


 

 

"Hi." He greeted, meeting outside the school just like usual. 

 

"Hi." I mimicked him.

 

"Didn't you say... the cafe was closed today?" He quietly observed walking beside me. "Yeah... I have nothing to do today."

 

"Nice." I turned to him, "What was that?" Baekhyun's eyes were focused on the path we were walking on, "Nothing."

 

There was a long silence between us before he broke it, "Listen." He beamed at me, taking out something from the side of his pockets, thatseems to be tickets? 

 

"My friend... gave me these. I don't like this movie, and there are two tickets." He handed me the tickets with an embarrassed smile on his face, he looked nervous. I knew because he was biting his lips, "Thank you. I wanted to see this movie."  I confessed cheerfully, and he earned a smile. "I know you have no one to go with." He concluded, "Actually... I can go with Fany-" 

 

"Didn't you say she talks a lot during the movie?" He pressed his lips thin and I shifted my eyes. 

 

"I... guess yeah. I mean there is Chanyeol." 

 

"You can't watch a romantic movie with a guy alone." Baekhyun blurted out making me blink.

 

"I have no else to go with..."

 

His eyes rounded, "Why? You have me?" His voice raised as if he was offended. I raised my brows. He just said he didn't like this movie. Why was he being so jumpy these days? "I can go... If you have no one to go with... you..." A tense smile flitted across his face as he rubbed his neck from the back of his handwalking away. 

 

"Let's go, Baekhyun."

 


 

Authors Note

I hope this is interesting enough, I wanted to make this a three shot but damn I need you to have some baekyeon moments too, how they developed feelings for each other. I hope this chapter wasn't boring I tried my best.

Comment ! and Upvote please.

Thank you.