Part 5 | FINAL

Partial Eclipse Of Heart

Partial Eclipse Of Heart

Part 5 | FINAL

 

“I will sue you.” Jiyong warned Baekhyun.

 

“Then why don’t you?” Baekhyun’s grip on my wrist tightened and I yelped.

 

Silent, I can't wait here silent

Working up a storm inside my head

 

 

I didn’t know what was going on. Why was he here? And why was he fighting for me? He showed up again but only to be the one to rescue me.

 

He and I were like parallel lines, always close but could never be together.

 

“Who do you think you are? I can ruin you.” Jiyong was absolutely pathetic, he shot Baekhyun empty threats.

 

“You do whatever the hell you want.” Baekhyun looked at me and smiled, “Let's go, Tae.” The feeling was warm and familiar. But I was feeling uneasy and dizzy and bewildered by the situation; I got whisked along.


 

“Tiffany.” A week after Baekhyun and I broke up, I sent him countless messages wanting to see him and fix things, I remember apologising to him for god knows what reason. But it was only then he texted me back wanting to meet up.

 

“Should I go?” Tiffany blankly looked at me, “I m-mean maybe he realised he was wrong a-and maybe he—“ I stopped when I saw the pitiful look in my friend's eyes. He didn’t love me anymore and it was killing me. 

 

I felt so upset that my chest was hurting, and there was a numbing feeling. I was starting to think that there was a hole in my chest, where the heart is supposed to be. I felt so empty. 

 

 

Nothing, I just stood for nothing

So I fell for everything you said

 

 

“Tae… I don’t think you should go.” So empty that I was starting to believe that my existence in the world didn’t matter and I just wanted to sleep at that moment and… possibly never wake up.

 


 

Baekhyun dragged me out of the building, and as soon as he did, I yanked my wrist from his grip and examined the slight red marks. I could sense the anger fuming out of him, “You are so goddamn stupid!” He muttered loud enough for me to hear, “What would have happened if I wasn’t there?” He continued, I could not focus on what he was saying, and there was an undeniable throbbing feeling in my entire body.

 

It was getting hard for me to even stand straight but I managed, “Should I be thankful?” I looked at him dead in the eyes and repeated, “Should I?” I fixed my purse that was hanging off of my shoulder and shifted my position. 

 

I had no clue why I was feeling so lightheaded, it was as if I could collapse at any moment. 

 

“I’m just saying—“

 

“Don’t.” I inhaled strongly and at that moment everything Seok Jin said started repeating in my head. “You should forgive him… the next time you see him.” I thought I had already had but at that moment, where he was standing before me— I hated him.

 

 

Hear the rumble

Hear my voice

 

I hated him for leaving me vacant, without any explanation . I hated him for making me so miserable, and for making me hate myself.

 

But, at the same time; 

 

I loved him.

 

I realised that thoughts are shadows of our own feelings— always darker, emptier and simpler. “Are you feeling alright?” Why was he acting so genuinely concerned?

 

“I’m okay.” I assured when he stepped closer to me, “Let's never meet again, Byun Baekhyun.” I repeated what he said to me that day. 

 

“Tae.” He called my name when I my heel and walked away, I could barely walk, I was feeling so drained out and my legs were wobbly. Each second seemed longer, my steps were heavier and the noise around me sounded louder than usual. But, the saddest part was that it had started raining, it was pouring down so fast that in a matter of seconds my entire body was wet.

 

I made no attempt to take shelter from the rain, over the days, the rain had become my friend. It never let me cry alone, it was always there— crying with me.

 

I carefully turned my back reluctantly, to see him one last time but he was not there. “I didn’t mean what… I said.” I vocalised softly as I turned back again and stared at the sky.

 

I was drowning in the ocean of my self-inflicted pain and he was standing afar with a smile on his face.

 

“Won’t you follow me… just like…” The last thing I said was this, before my world out and I felt my body collapsed on the cold wet ground.

 

 

Silent, I can't wait here silent

Gotta make a change and make some noise

 

 

“Taeyeon! Taeyeon!” I could hear him calling my name and slowly that voice dragged closer to me. It was raining so hard but something came in between and it stopped pouring on me. 

 

He was holding an umbrella over us and he crouched down beside me, my vision was blurry but I could see his concerned expression. He was calling out my name, yet it was inaudible. 

 


 

Upon receiving Baekhyun’s message, I couldn’t stop myself from going; even though Tiffany clearly begged me not to. I was ashamed for breaking my friend’s heart for a guy who ruthlessly crushed mine.

 

Sighing, I reached the cafe. The door opened with a satisfying creak. My eyes wandered around the place until they finally landed on a familiar figure. I stopped short in my tracks when a young girl approached my ex-boyfriend. 

 

Even the simple thought of him not being with me; by my side crushed my insides. “Oppa.” The girl addressed Baekhyun so lovingly. He was unaware of my presence as his back was facing me. “I brought your favourite.” She giggled in a fake manner wanting me to gag. 

 

“Thanks, sweetheart.” I couldn’t see him but I was sure he was smiling. The same smile which I longed for. I clenched my fists.

 

“My heart does a backflip whenever you call me that.” The annoying boyfriend stealer girl grinned. 

 

“Should I do that more often?” She batted her eyes and there was another stab in my heart. I saw him nod and my world slowly crashed. 

 

“Oppa, you’re such a player.” She slapped Baekhyun’s arm lightly before taking the seat across from him. I took a deep breath and approached the duo.

 

“Is this why you broke up with me?” The words came out of my mouth almost automatically.

 

He jerked his head up. “Taeyeon—“ panic was written all over his face. “Oppa, what's going on?” The girl furrowed her brows, observing the two of us. “Sana… I’ll see you at home. Go.” He told her and at once she grabbed her backpack and brushed past me.

 

Undo my sad

Undo what hurt so bad

Undo my pain

 

“You’re a great actor you know that right? Byun Baekhyun, I’ll give you that—“ He tried to shut me up. 

 

“There are people here, let's not be here.” I was fully aware of that. 

 

“Why what's wrong here?! Tell me, they should know  how professionally you played a love-struck girl like me!” I shouted at the top of my lungs and we received gasps from everywhere. “You are a great actor ,” I repeated and he hung his head low. “Don’t be offended, love. You should get a ing award.”

 

“Taeyeon… I understand but let's not do this here…” 

 

“Why are you embarrassed because of me now?! I was convinced that you actually gave a damn about me. That you actually loved me!” Was he acting all this time?  

 

Since when he was cheating on me? I wanted to ask him these questions but the intense pain my chest did not allow me to.

 

“I ing hate you!” I hated him for breaking up with me at the most expected moment and at the most expected way. I hated him for giving others the attention- I craved for.

 

 

That day I found out.

 

That love comes to you at the most unexpected time, from the most unexpected person.

 

But it also leaves you at the most unforeseen moment.

 

I walked outside the cafe after shoving him away, I knew he followed me out. “You need to listen to me.” He grabbed my wrist and forcefully turned me so I was facing him, “A-are you crying?” He asked the obvious and attempted to wipe my tears way but he could not because I stepped back.

 

“Did you call me here to see that!” Baekhyun shook his head. 

 

“I don’t want to explain that… It’s better this way— ” 

 

I cut him off, “Do you love me? N-no did you ever love me?” I was afraid of his anger. 

 

“I did… but I—“ He earned a loud slap and I shoved him away again and punched him. 

 

I had no idea what I did to make him fall out of love with me, we were so happy together… he suddenly… “I don’t want to love you anymore…” I said quietly not daring to look up at him.

 

“Because… it hurts, loving you hurts so much…” He stayed quiet and his eyebrows knit together. 

 

“Then don’t. Make it easier for the both of us.” I had no idea how easily he could say that. Why was he not bawling his eyes out? “A-are you ill?” I hesitantly asked and his eyes rounded in surprise. “W-what?” 

 

“Are you dying?” 

 

Gonna get out, through the rain

I know that I am over you

 

“What makes you say that?”  His voice cracked. 

 

“Then why did you suddenly stop loving me?!” I yelled out loud and trembled. Nothing made sense.

 

“I guess… I got tired of your whining…” I heard him say and I gritted my teeth, massaging my temples.

 

“I love you so much and I’ll forever love you and you can’t stop me! These are my feelings… don’t ask me not to love you because I swear to god I will always. I think I will always be in some kind of love with you.” I gave him a tight-lipped smile.

 

“I love you and I’ll be happy just to see you—“ He twisted his mouth, cutting me off, “I’m moving to Canada.” I closed my eyes and tried to digest the painful information. “You will not be able to see me.” He said without a hitch. “I may never come back.” He continued despite my sobbing, a few months ago… we were doing just fine. He promised to never leave me alone and now he was.

 

He said he hated seeing me cry but when I was bawling my eyes out why didn’t he made an attempt to wipe away my tears?

 

“Am I not your biggest regret?” He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at me. I was smiling… I was sad.

 

“I will never regret you or say that I wish I’d never met you because once upon a time and even now… you’re all I want.” He remained quiet and violently ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “I’m addicted to you, I have tasted your mine and I cannot forget its flavour.” 

 

“Let's never meet again, Kim Taeyeon.” He turned his back to me and was starting to walk away.

 

“Don’t go.” There was a thud when I fell to my knees.  There was a crowd watching us from afar. I didn’t care if I looked pathetic… I would take any measures to make him stay with me. 

 

“Don’t go, Baek,” I begged and he finally turned to look at me. It was my last attempt. “You can’t stop me.” 

 

“Will- I— Will I ever see you again in my life??” I choked out. 

 

“Perhaps in another life.” I heard him utter. That was the last thing he said to me. 

 

That day, a part inside of me died.

 

Drops of tears mixed with the rain streamed down my face that day. 

 

He left.

 

At last, I know what I should do

Undo my sad love…

 

 


 

My eyes slowly stirred open and I found myself in an unfamiliar environment, my body was aching so much that I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.

 

My eyes were once again closed and I inhaled deeply trying to recall something. The last thing I remembered was falling on the ground. My eyes shot open, “Baekhyun!” That's right… Baekhyun was there... Was he the one who brought me here? 

 

Trouble, baby I'm in trouble

Every time I look into your eyes

Save me, oh, I'm gonna save me

Far away from all the crazy lies

 

 

My eyes darted towards the door to my right, some girl was peeking, “Oppa… She’s awake.” I heard her say and she disappeared back to the room.

 

I sat up and scanned my surroundings. I was lying on the couch and there was a side table behind the armrest. I turned to look at the picture frame sitting on it. 

 

“Baekhyun…” I recognised the person in the picture right away and my head jerked when someone called my name, “Tae… I see you’re awake now?” I saw the person in the picture coming towards me with a mug in his grip. 

 

 

Undo my sad

Undo what hurt so bad

Undo my pain

Gonna get out, trough the rain

I know that I am over you

At last I know what I should do

Undo my sad

 

 

 

I instantly pushed myself closer to the arm rest, “You know very well that I’m not gonna hurt you.” He cleared his throat and sat on the other side of the couch. I grunted when I stretched my neck, “Here.” He handed me the mug in his hand after stirring with the spoon, “Take it, it's hot chocolate.” He scooted closer to me and gave it to me.

 

After holding the mug in my hand, I, without hesitation, took a sip from out of it. “That bastard drugged you—“ Baekhyun stopped and his eyes widened in pure shock when he heard me sob, “A-are you crying?” I looked at him, “Why did you bring me here, you monster?” 

 

I was so mad at him.

 

I hated him.

 

All the bad things he had done to me kept repeating inside my head.

 

“Why?!” I spat and slammed the mug in my hand on the table. Baekhyun remained quiet and observed me, “I was doing just f-fine, you son of a ! Why did you have to show your pathetic face!”

 

There was a period of silence between us, “Now that you’re awake, you’re free to go,” He paused, “And as for your question… I brought you here,” He paused once again and pointed at me, “I could not let a girl… die.” He stressed out the last part.

 

“I would have done this for anyone.” His words were sharp and they pierced right through every tiny bit of my broken heart, not sparing one.

 

“I’m going to go now, Oppa.” The girl from before came into view and she bowed to the both of us reluctantly, “Alright Sana, tell mom… I’ll visit her.” She nodded and left right away.

 

I wiped the tears from the corner of my eyes, “I’m going to take a shower. You can leave if you want.” Baekhyun stood up and left.

 

Minutes passed by, I stayed still in my position. I stared into space until the sound of a phone’s ringing brought me back to reality.

 

It was Baekhyun’s phone. I watched from the corner of my eyes. The phone sitting on the table kept ringing but it soon died down. 

 

The caller ID said ‘Suho Hyung.’

 

Not much time had passed by when he received a message.

 

My hands grabbed the cellphone and I could not stop myself from reading the text message.

 

Congrats man, you’re fine this month too.

Your results say you’re fine. 

 

I had no idea what the person was talking about. What tests? What was that person talking about? The phone rang again and this time without giving it much thought I swiped it.

 

“H-hello?” 

 

“Yes, hello. Is this not Baekhyun?” I remained quiet, “Are you his girlfriend?” 

 

“Um... What are the test results for? I d-don’t know… I want to know.” I was wanting to hurry because I had a feeling Baekhyun would come back any moment.

 

“You’re n-not aware?” I shook my head and muttered a small, “No.”

 

At last I know what I should do

Undo my sad

 

I said

 

Undo

 

“I don’t know… If I can tell you.” 

 

“Please. This is very important.” I requested and heard him sigh on the other side of the line. “Baekhyun…” He paused.

 

“Baekhyun was suffering from brain cancer.” He kept going on and on but I only heard the first part. My eyes were wide open in surprise and my body was trembling. 

 

It all made sense to me… “His dad… he had brain cancer so, Baek too?” My train of thoughts was cut and Baekhyun’s phone from my grip fell down. I saw Baekhyun standing before me with a towel draped over his shoulder. And he looked horrified.

 

“Who was it?” I heard him say softly and I saw the fear in his eyes, “I said WHO WAS IT?!” I flinched when he raised his voice at me.

 

“You… left me because… you thought you were dying?”  I choked out and creased my brows.

 

I saw him nod his head and tears slipped from my eyes as I dragged my trembling body towards him and embraced him.

 

 

“I hate you.” I tried to blink back my tears. I tightly embraced him.

 

Author's Corner: 

You guys don't have to kill me yknow? So, here it is. The reason why Baekhyun let go of Taeyeon- A person he loved. Can you imagine how hard it was for him? To say all those harsh things to her and still look unfazed by her crying? 

 

You guys need to comment and upvote. Seriously. And GOOD NEWS I entered this story for a competetion. I hope to win but eh. 

Word Count : 3000

LOL! longest I ever written. Guys it was a fun ride, your comments made me stronger and for you guys I'll be releasing a epilogue. I hope you guys comment and give support.

Check out my baekyeon oneshot: 

Shameless advertising:  

Take Care Of Me, Noona.

HERE

Warning its fluffy and romantic

Did you guys make this face... when it was revealed? Comment below.