Part ~ 9

Crossing Your Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Enjoy!! 

Previously

“Don’t step any closer.”

“Please leave”

Those words, keep replaying in Jessica’s brain as she remembered Elyn’s red eyes staring back at her, the businesswoman has taken off her disguise from the university seats, the first day they went back to school after a short break before the holidays, Elyn gave her a cold shoulder, ignore her and don’t even bother going to the university after Jessica trying to reach out to her.

 ×

3 weeks after Elyn knows the truth

“Sica”

Taeyeon calls from her desk looking at the dazed woman on the armchair.

“Sica!” A bit louder this time.”

Still nothing…

“Ya-Jung Jessica!”

“Oh… hum yeah, what were you saying?”

“Sica-ya you can’t be lifeless like that it’s been more than a month.”

“What you want me to do?” Jessica says coldly looking down at her book.

“Everything but surely not sitting here thinking about her like that.”

“She said that I have to leave, back to the university, she won’t even look at me, she asks me to leave her alone.”

It was true, Jessica and all the student gather back at the initial study schedule after a tiny break for some renovations. The brown-haired girl with glasses wanted to make her step next to Elyn, clarifying herself only to see a distant and cold Elyn asking to leave her alone because she got nothing left to say

“Sica… I’m sorry.”

“For What? For telling that I was making a mistake and now that I regret it because I actually love her more than myself?”

Jessica says blandly, tears streaming her eyes, Taeyeon moves from her seat engulfing her best friend in a warm hug whispering comfort words trying to soothe the sadness out of Jessica.

“She hates me now…”

“She doesn’t, she just needs some time to think” Taeyeon tries her best to pacify the latter trying all kinds of different words to assure Jessica.

Jessica stays limp in her best friend arms crying.

 

×××

 

2 months after the accident

Days passed and Jessica digs herself in some weird transformation trying to fill the void that Elyn has left in her soul, her heart.

Weeks after weeks, Jessica would still fulfill her teaching at the university hoping to see Elyn, but the latter never showed up at any of her lessons making Jessica desperate. Truth to be told Elyn has stopped showing up at every of Jessica’s lesson by choice. The younger girl is still really confused and not in the mood to face the business woman. She is more than furious at her little sister for tricking her and accepting the money from Jessica to keep the secret. As she asks herself what would happen if she didn’t catch them.

On Jessica’s side, the latter is wasting herself every night going out to every bar getting drunk to forget Elyn, sleeping with random women to satisfy her physical needs forgetting about all those tender moments that had been provided by Elyn.

Jessica blames herself for so much thing most of them for lying to Elyn and keep the lie until she got caught.

 

“You know I’ve seen Ms. Jung today and she looks terrible.” Henrick walks in throwing some folders on the counter.

“Is that so?” Elyn answers pushing the folders aside, still wiping the area on the counter.

“How long did plan to avoid her lessons?” Henrick crosses his hands above his chest staring at the latter.

“As much as I can.” Elyn doesn’t even spare a glance, she going on her duty.

“I can tell that she misses you, and with the eye bag that she has she doesn’t sleep much neither.”

“….”

“Elyn hey!”

“What? What do want me to do?”

“Say something at least pay attention.”

“To what?”

“To your surroundings, at least go to Ms. Jung and gather explanation.”

“For her to make up lies again, she doesn’t need anything, just to look straight into my eyes and lies to me.”

“You are exaggerating, she wouldn’t have stayed with you for 4 months just by lies, she must have other reasons.”

“Yeah to get me in her bed.”

“Whoa.”

“’Whoa’, yeah.” Elyn throws the drag on the counter exhaling heavily.”

“You react like that because you love her nothing less.”

“What if I’m not? What if I’m really mad.”

“I know that Elyn, that day you wanted to tell her those three words.”

“I… meant it.”

Henrick has witnessed, all the change in Elyn behavior, she is colder than her usual self she closes herself up from all the other world not really minding about what people think. Elyn is becoming Elyn.

“And to my surprise, e my sister knew it but fail to tell me, because she wanted to profit from Ms. Jung.”

“I knew that YooMin wasn’t really found of Sooyeon but this is really….”

“There is no Sooyeon anymore.”

“Come on Elyn, I know you are still mad but.” Henrick walks behind Elyn circling an arm around the latter’s shoulder continuing; “I can tell that she really loves you.”

“Whatever is all the past now.”

With that Henrick walk to the locker room to change into his work outfit. Elyn remains her duty putting the folders under the counter.

 

×××

 

The light is piercing in the gap of the close curtain, making a certain slender figure turns to her other side, feeling the weight on her waist, she slips out of bed. As soon as her feet pad the wooden floor Jessica rubs her eyes, it was becoming a routine for her to wake up in some stranger’s bed in the morning since her break up with Elyn.

Jessica lost all her life taste being more arrogant and despising towards everyone, the latter just make her power pay for her mistake.

Getting drunk, flirting with a random girl for physical satisfaction, the business woman doesn’t care about anything anymore. She needs to forget about Elyn. She must too but somehow all the things that she does would just bring her back to the young girl.

Jessica gathers all her clothes that were scattered on the floor the night before, she walks out the room carefully without waking up the unknown person still sleeping. She is looking around making sure not to forget anything walking out the living room putting her undies on following with the rest of her clothes.

Jessica exit the flat.

×

“Morning!”

Taeyeon says warningly welcoming the half dead silhouette entering the living room with an open concept kitchen allowing a grand opening space.

“Hi…” Jessica says flatly.

“Breakfast?” Taeyeon turns around looking at Jessica.

“I need a shower.”

“You sure do chérie.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“Why?” Taeyeon chuckles at her best friend cold aura.

“Because the girl I slept with last night called me like that all night.”

“Ooh…! French is taking it way here.”

“What are you making?” Jessica settles herself on a high chair looking at Taeyeon’s back view sizzling some bacon, sausage and egg place on a plate.

“I’m making sausage, bacon, and eggs sunny-side-up, your favorite,” Taeyeon says pointing her cooking tools to the eggs.

“That’s great.”

“You look worse than yesterday.”

“I know.”

“When I said, you need to take the time to think I never said that you should sleep with the first human you see.”

“Whatever.” Jessica crosses her arms on the counting digging her face in.

×

Looking like a goddess, smelling like flowers, Jessica steps in the living room seeing Taeyeon reading a book with the news on the TV.

“What is that envelop?” Taeyeon asks without lifting her eyes from her book.

“What envelope?” Jessica walks to the sofa while rolling up her sleeve.

“On the coffee table.”

Jessica shifts her bottom on the edge of the couch reaching for the envelope, her eyes widen when she realizes the contain and the what it is.

 

 

“Onnie you eat breakfast with me?” The schooler girl only receives a cold stare from her older sister, with that the older girl steps out of the rooftop house walking to her workplace.

 

 

“It’s from Elyn, I mean I gave this among to YooMin before Elyn caught us,” Jessica says looking through the envelope.

“I don’t know the doorbell ring and then I open the door to find this, there was nobody,” Taeyeon says flatly.

“What? Don’t tell me that?”

Jessica rose from her seat, she runs out in the foyer, wearing her flats exiting the penthouse Jessica didn’t take the elevator leading her into the main lobby she runs down the stairs into the main streets, looking from left to right to see if the person that dropped off the cloak is still lingering in the area. Jessica keeps her eyes analyzing, running throughout the avenue hoping to see Elyn because she knows that only the latter can be that honest to give the money back.

 

 

“YooMin where did you hide the cover with Ms. Jung’s money inside.” Elyn is rummaging th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter