Her Everything; Part I

She Knew

                                                                                                                         

 

"If you don’t mind easing our minds, marry her, would you?”

 

"Dad.."

 

                                                                    

 

“Mr-Mr Kang,” Irene tried to maintain her overly wide smile. “I will think about it.”

 

   ***

 

"Seulgi!" Irene giggled at the tickling sensation on her neck. "I would really burn every of the pancake mix if you keep doing this!" 

 

 

 

The younger girl went on with her playful antics, not letting loose of the back hug she was giving Irene who was making breakfast.

 

 

 

It was their usual weekend morning routine that they never missed ever since Seulgi started to stay over on non-school days.

 

 

 

She was just a week away from her graduation and she had settled for various job interviews, which means she would soon be entering the workforce. The thought of how their lives were just about to blossom made her excited.

 

 

 

She inhaled a deep breath of Irene's scent and rested her chin comfortably on the shoulder.

 

 

 

"I don't mind having no breakfast if it means more kisses for me." 

 

 

 

Irene ran her fingers through the hair repeatedly and let them stayed in that position, nobody speaking while the mix was cooked.

 

 

 

Seulgi had been extra nice to her, obviously trying to make up to her for the previous time she walked out during their argument. She could only pray for this serenity to last, especially how she had never bothered answering back to her dad, or Ilhoon's search for her. 

 

 

 

"You eat like a baby."

 

 

 

Irene smiled at the mess at the corners of Seulgi's lips.

 

 

 

"Aren't I your baby?"

 

 

 

The elder one lunged forward with a napkin, gently dapping them clean, not forgetting to squish the munching cheeks.

 

 

 

“I take back what I said before. I would choose these chocolate chip pancakes over your kisses anytime.”

 

 

 

Seulgi's plate was stained with chocolate sauce while Irene's remained clean when they were done with breakfast.  

 

 

 

“You better not regret your words, Kang Seulgi.” 

 

 

 

“Actually... The only taste I can savour now is the chocolate so maybe you can help me refresh my memory before I make a decision between pancakes and kisses?”

 

 

 

Technically, Irene should be rejecting the prompt.

 

 

 

Nevertheless, she had no heart to turn down a not so subtle kiss request; not when Seulgi looked at her like she was the best happening on earth.

 

 

 

She pressed down on Seulgi’s shoulders, not wanting to let her stand up from the chair as she approached.

 

 

 

With a hand lifting the chin, the other combed the hair backwards, revealing every single features.

 

 

 

Gently and lovingly, she held the face in her hands, thumbs brushing on the cheeks. 

 

 

 

It started as a tease, but with those pair of eyes which tender love was oozing out from admiring her, Seulgi fell harder than she already did.

 

 

 

The way Irene’s lips were curving against gravity, undividing attention fully on her, her heart beat raced.

 

 

 

That’s why people are in love with the idea of falling in love, she thought to herself.

 

 

 

Usually, she would shut her eyes, waiting for them to melt into each other’s taste. This time, she figured that melting from the affectionate glance was equally heart throbbing. 

 

 

 

“I have something to ask you.”

 

 

 

Irene lowered herself down, letting their noses touched. Seulgi nodded. 

 

 

 

“Will you move in with me after your graduation?” 

 

 

 

The surprise was effortlessly identified. The smile on Irene’s face was so sincere without faltering as she waited patiently for an answer.

 

 

 

With all the weekends that they spent together, Irene couldn’t be any more sure that she wanted a future with this girl who gave her so much to hold on to.

 

 

 

Whatever that was hers, she wanted Seulgi to have them too. Seulgi closed the last proximity between them, offering her answer through a kiss. 

 

 

 

Fast forward to a week after Irene’s cohabit proposal, she was waiting outside the auditorium with a bouquet of sunflowers in her arms, looking at Seulgi being crowded by school mates who were waiting to take pictures together.

 

 

 

Her heart could only swell with adoration, a proud grin on her face at the popularity of the graduate.

 

 

 

Seulgi weaved through the crowd when she saw Irene, hands waving excitedly. 

 

 

 

“Irene! You made it!”

 

 

 

“Did you think I was going to miss it?” Irene pushed the shoulder lightly.

 

 

 

“Someone did panicked when I said my parents were going to be here.” 

 

 

 

“Oh right, I forgot about that. I better leave now.”

 

 

 

Irene pretended to leave, only to be stopped by Seulgi who took the joke for real. She couldn’t help but to laugh aloud, almost running out of breath while Seulgi could only rant with a pout. She ruffled the hair before she presented the flowers and pulled for a hug.

 

 

 

Their relationship may be a secret but Irene had never been stingy with skinship. 

 

 

 

“Happy graduation, my sunshine.” 

 

 

 

“Thank you, you owe me a kiss.” Seulgi whispered playfully before backing away. “My parents are with Moonbyul, come meet them.” 

 

 

 

“Here comes my princess!” Mr Kang’s nickname for his daughter amused people. “And she’s with another princess!” 

 

 

 

It was Seulgi’s turn to be breathless from the red appearing on Irene’s face upon her dad’s compliment and she got a punch on the stomach in return. The introduction was brief, since her parents had already heard a lot of this particular Irene Bae from their child.

 

 

 

“Please take care of Seulgi for us, she can be a handful at times.”

 

 

 

“Don’t worry Mrs Kang, I will. Thank you for trusting me.”

 

 

 

“Oh Irene, you are being too polite! You are the one doing us the favour. Seulgi speaks fondly of you so often."

 

 

 

"If you don’t mind easing our minds, marry her, would you?”

 

 

 

“Dad..”

 

 

 

Seulgi chuckled nervously. 

 

 

 

“I agree with him, though. It’s already the 21st century, shouldn’t we be more open minded?”

 

 

 

“Mum!”

 

 

 

Seulgi was wary of Irene’s reaction but heaved a soft sigh of relief when the girl broke into a smile instead, reaching out to hold intertwine their hands discreetly.

 

 

 

The way she rotated her thumb on Seulgi’s hand, the way she gave it a light squeeze; it felt like Irene wasn’t letting her fear stand in their way.

 

 

 

If it was possible, her heart would have burst from the overwhelming emotions then.

 

 

 

“Would you like to drop by our home and perhaps, join us for dinner? I have made reservation.” 

 

 

 

“We would love to, but we have a company function to attend tonight and I was worried at first about not being able to celebrate her graduation but looks like you have planned it thoughtfully. Really, consider marrying her please, Irene?”

 

 

 

“Mr-Mr Kang,” Irene tried to maintain her overly wide smile. “I will think about it.” 

 

 

 

With that, they bid each other goodbye, departing for different locations. Seulgi decided that it was better to bring the necessities from dormitory back so she can get started with settling in, before heading out again for dinner which Irene compiled to.

 

 

 

Truth to be told, the younger one was just craving for some cuddle time since it had been almost a week since the last time they shared a bed.

 

 

 

The first thing she did after they both freshened up was to tackle Irene down on the couch, burying herself into the welcoming embrace, laying her head on the chest. 

 

 

 

“I love to hear your heart beat like this.” 

 

 

 

Irene simpered without saying anything, mindlessly playing with their laced hands while running her fingers through the hair. It was so comfortable for Seulgi, she was almost being lured into dreamland but she tried to stay awake. 

 

 

 

“Why don’t you take a nap?”

 

 

 

Seulgi shook her head. “We barely met this week, so I want to talk to you. I have missed you.”

 

 

 

“Silly, you are moving in soon so you can have all the time you want to talk next time.”

 

 

 

“Back there, you invited my parents to our home.”

 

 

 

“Yeah,” Irene kissed the forehead. “What about it?”

 

 

 

“You said our home, not just yours, but mine too.” 

 

 

 

“It is our home. Whatever is mine is yours too, Seul.” 

 

 

 

Seulgi looked up, only to find Irene resting with her eyes closed. She looked so relaxed and causal when she made that comment, like it was the most normal thing to be co-owning all of her assets with someone.

 

 

 

When Irene noticed the stillness, she continued.

 

 

 

“A place where I live in, is an apartment. A place where I live in with you, is home.” 

 

 

 

That really hit Seulgi in all the right spots, sending chills down her body.

 

 

 

Irene often proclaimed that she wasn’t good with words but Seulgi would beg to differ. The older girl put in a lot of thoughts to the things she says, committing to her words and promises. 

 

 

 

“Why are you giving me everything of yours, yet never ask for anything in return?”

 

 

 

Seulgi placed their held hands on her lips, softly ghosting on the back of Irene’s hand. Irene opened her eyes slowly, looking at the ceiling, as if in deep thoughts. It was a good two minutes before she diverted her focus on Seulgi. 

 

 

 

“But Seulgi,” Her voice came out as a whisper. “You are my everything.” 

 

 

 

Tears welled up in the eyes of the younger girl effortlessly when the confession was made.

 

 

 

The tone was soft, the words were little, but it was packed with all the emotions that Irene harboured for her after all these while of being together, even if they didn’t put a title on each other.

 

 

 

Seulgi’s mouth was hanging, opening and closing, as if she lost her ability to speak. Irene could only press her lips between the brows, letting it lingered before she held Seulgi’s chin higher to get a taste. 

 

 

 

Before she knew, Seulgi already had her hand under Irene’s shirt, fondling the body as she responded with passion.

 

 

 

She may not know what to say, but she sure did know how to react. Nevertheless, the sound of the keypad being pressed on the door made them halted their moves.

 

 

 

Somebody was at the door, trying to get into the place but had seem to forget the password. 

 

 

 

Irene left to check through the peep hole, only to feel her heart sinking.

 

 

 

She turned around to look at a dazed Seulgi who was curious about the intruder who disturbed their tranquility. Once the door was opened, Seulgi realised it was Mr and Mrs Bae.

 

 

 

Her mind was paralysed, although she stood up at neck breaking speed to bow at ninety degrees.

 

 

 

The parents entered the living room, one with a stern looking face.

 

 

 

“Why are you folks here?”

 

 

 

***

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

                                                                    

 

💖💛💙💚💜 #700DAYSWITHREDVELVET 💖💛💙💚💜

 

Chapter 7 to celebrate 700 days with Red Velvet! 

This is just part one, but as you can see I ended off with a harbinger of more issues brewing.

I didn't want to upload all at once, since I want to build up the tension bit by bit so I'm sorry for the cliffhanger.

Nevertheless I promise I will update soon! You have my words. 

In each chapter, there's always a few sentences that are my favourite.

Do you have any? 

 

I hope you all are enjoying this story, just like how I enjoy writing. :)