How it all began?

The Talk Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note:

Before you begin reading Chapter 2 of The Talk Show, I would like to apologize for not uploading for about 8 months and 1 day. I'm really, truly sorry. Also I kind of changed I few things from the first chapter, so I hope you read it in that case you won't be confused. Anyway I hope you will enjoy this chapter, so here we go!

Yoo Jae-Suk: Oh, so was it the day of CNBlue's concert in Seoul?

Yong-Hwa: Yes, our wedding day in 2020 was the same day as the day of the concert back in 2013. (He looked as his wife eye to eye asking for permission to just tell everyone everything that had happened before. With just one eye contact they can both already tell what they were thinking and he knows she approves.) Before the concert, about five minutes, I met Shin Hye at the dressing room. I was about to go on stage and...

 

Yong-Hwa's P.O.V.:

"Yong-Hwa, it's almost time to begin," my manager yelled.

"Yes, hyung," I replied in the same volume. "Can we talk later, Shin? I really have to go."

She just nodded her. I don't why, but somehow I feel like I need to do this, which is to hug her and so I did. For a couple of seconds we just stood still and honestly I don't want to let go and I think she feels the same because she not even trying to let go or break this hug. Oh, I just miss her so much.

“Yong-Hwa were are starting!” once again my manager yelled.

“Alright, Shin-Hye yah, it’s time,” I said and let go of the hug. “Wait for me!”

“I will,” She replied.

*After the concert*

 

Lee Hwi-Jae: Was it the day you first became a couple?

Yoo Jae-Suk: That’s interesting a wedding happening in a anniversary!

Shin-Hye: No, actually that’s not what happened.

Yong-Hwa: Well, actually right after the concert, I went straight back stage to find her and had a talk.

Shin-Hye: We only made a promise that day.

Yong-Hwa: A very meaningful promise. (In a whisper.) That was slightly not kept.

Shin-Hye: (Whispering tone) It’s all your fault.

Yoo Jae-Suk: So what exactly happened? What was this promise about?

Lee Hwi-Jae: Is that promise that you two will get married that day?

Yong-Hwa: (Smiling) Let me tell you the story. So after the concert.

 

Still Yong-Hwa's P.O.V.:

“Shin-Hye!” I called out her name. “Let’s go somewhere private.”

“Where would this private place be?” she asked.

“The dressing room,” I suggested.

“Your brothers are in there,” she said.

“I will ask them to leave,” I said.

“And?” she asked.

“And we could talk,” I answered.

“Huh, wait, just you and me?” she was hesitant. Of course, I get what she’s getting at she’s not allowed to be in one room with a man for a long time. Her parents are quite strict about it, especially her father.

“Right, we could go out in the balcony to talk. If you want?” I asked and she nodded, so I took her hand and led her to the balcony. “So, uh, what is it you want to talk about?”

“Last year,” she paused. “I’m sorry.”

“No, I should be the one saying sorry,” I apologized. “You know what we you just forget what happened before, it was just…”

“I like you!” Damn, this woman really know how to shut me up. “I just want to tell you, but don’t get me wrong I’m not asking you to…”

“I like you too,” I confessed. “No, actually, I love you. I’m in love with you.”

“I know,” wait, what?!? She knows???

“You know?” I just had to make sure.

“I know, Yong-Hwa,” so she knows. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You want me to assume?” she asked and I looked down. “I want it to come from your own mouth.”

“Shin-Hye yah,” I gather all my courage to ask her this question. “So what are we now?”

“I don’t know about you, but to me you're still my bestest best friend,” so I’m still just a best friend. “My best friend who I like.”

Of course, when she said like she meant as a friend. Damn, Yong-Hwa and you confessed your real feelings.

“The best I’m also in love with,” wait, they I hear that correctly. She just said she’s in love with me. “But that’s just it!” she said firmly.

“What do you mean ‘that’s just it?’” does she not love me like that or…

“I can’t be more than friends with you, Yong,” why not? “Not right now,” so in the future? “I just wanted to tell you how I feel. I don’t want it to come from anyone else.”

“So is there no chance…”

“I’m only 23, Yong-Hwa,” she stated. “And you’re 24. We’re still young. We still have a long way to go with our careers. You as a singer and I as an actress.”

“So is this..” I don’t want us to drift apart. It almost killed me not being able to talk to her for a year.

“We’re still friends.”

“Friends in love?” I asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter