Cause and Effect

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Half hour passed for Taeyong being alone in the sitting area. Seokjin then returned with two bags consisting of canned drinks and snacks— whatever he could buy in the convenience store downstairs— as he plopped next to the fine-looking younger. Seokjin had done the changing, swapping the stained shirt into a comfortable jumper and the dried blood smell with his posh cologne, which Taeyong noticed.

Seokjin offered him the first Choco pie box that he opened, as rejected politely by Taeyong because he had eaten before. The elder grasped how worn out the younger looked and that’s why he suggested him to rest in the room.

“There’s a proper three-seaters couch inside, you can sleep there, Taeyong-ah… Mr. Hwang did bring us some blankets too, I put it in the closet.”

Shaking his head, Taeyong scrutinized Seokjin instead. “Nah, you better use it on your own hyung.”

“I slept already,” the elder responded after emptying his mouth. “I woke up because I am so damn starving. Well, it’s also because Jungkook was calling my name.”

Taeyong chuckled as he never seen someone ate choco pie, then chicken sandwich, in the same time by drinking tea in plastic cup.

“Then, maybe later can be used by your parents—”

“Mom is in stand by for the 7 a.m. flight, which means she’ll not be here until 10. As in for Dad and Taehyung, they’re on their way, but it’s still long way to go for them…”

The younger chose to ignore the suggestion as he came back with, “Let’s get in after you finish, hyung…”

Seokjin merely raised an eyebrow, continuing to consume half of what he bought by previous. Taeyong realized the Kim’s eldest was preoccupied in between his act of devouring the food. As a quick observer, the younger then reacted. “What’s bothering you, hyung?”

“Huh?” the older fixed the glasses on his high nose bridge. Blinking for few times, in due course, he responded. “I’m still trying to process what just happened.”

The young man turned around and beckoned him some beam, which he knew was the forced one.

“With the entire Taehyung’s situation and what’s coming about my parents,” he paused when Taeyong didn’t budge even a bit. “Do you know about it?”

He nodded slowly. “Taehyung told me about it, so I know.”

“Yeah…” Seokjin continued. “And what Jungkook had to go through… It’s just— it’s, too much for me to keep with.” He glanced beside to catch the younger’s firm expression. “You probably think that I’m being too dramatic.”

The smaller fellow couldn’t help but instinctively tapping the older’s back. “No, you’re not, hyung…” though Seokjin was unresponsive toward what he stated. Hitherto, Taeyong knew he must’ve had some inner reasoning. “I might not understand completely, but, I must say you have done your best.”

“Thanks, Taeyong-ah…” Seokjin said before lowering his view, afore he returned to gaze at the younger. “And thank you very much for saving Jungkook.”

Taeyong couldn’t argue with Seokjin in regard of it, by the same way as what he did to Suzy.

 

“What in the freaking world—”

Seokjin had nearly cursed when he entered the room with Taeyong. They were approaching the patient, who was asleep with Suzy was holding his one fine hand, sleeping as well by his side on a chair.

All the more so, Taeyong responded by taking a piece of blanket and later wrap it around the only girl. Seokjin was still examining the situation as he walked toward Jungkook’s bed, then it took a moment for him to stir.

“Jin hyung?”

The called person moved to his left, placing his palm on Jungkook’s forehead, ensuring that his fever was all gone now.

“Feeling better?” he frowned as he beheld to Jungkook’s other side. “Do you feel uncomfortable?”

The younger smiled, though his face was still a little bit pale. “I’m okay, hyung.” He noticed the other presence standing behind Suzy’s chair. “Hi, Taeyong hyung…”

“Hey, Jungkook.”

“Why are you here, hyung?”

Not even Taeyong had the chance to provide his answer— because, well, his and Jungkook’s relationship was never been good in the first place— so, of course Jungkook would question why he should stay up there until late.

“Jungkook,” Seokjin sighed as he was furrowing. “That’s not how you treat someone who saved your life by giving you his blood…”

Taeyong facepalmed himself. Already he was tight-fitting his outer and covered his arm where they’ve done the transfusion. He really, seriously, did not wanting things to go this way. Whereas he didn’t have any intention and simply was doing what he thought he should.

There was a moment of silence, in advance of Jungkook couldn’t hold any longer what he has been holding back, ever since he witnessed Suzy shedding tears toward his current condition. It was when the youngest started sobbing, very hard, which he caused Seokjin gone speechless upright on his position.

“What the hell, Jungkook??” Taeyong clicked his tongue, attempted to be expressionless. “Why are you crying right now?”

Never did he saw Jungkook cried this hard, not even when he received the news about Taehyung’s poor health.

“I-I…” Sob. “I always—” Another sob. “I a-always thought…you hate me hyung…”

“No, Jungkook, I’m not—”

“But, now… Y-you…” Sob again. “You’re so nice to me…” Once more, sob. “You even gave me… B-blood…to keep me alive…”

“Please wipe your tears…” Taeyong moved closer, but he couldn’t reach a hand to the younger. He might be being afraid the other would mind. “Jungkook, please don’t cry…”

The younger replied in stifles. “I want to wipe it off, b-but… I can’t move my hands…”

Right, Taeyong noticed his left wrist was injured and the right one was— attached for Suzy.

“How could she sleep like this?” the fine-looking guy protested, although in low voice of being careful not to disturb her.

Then, Jungkook’s sound of sniffle was intolerable. It has getting louder when he realized Seokjin gasped, yet the older maintained to seal his mouth with a palm. In not so long, Suzy shifted her position and get awakened, just when Taeyong was an inch of forcing her by himself.

Suzy was a bit startled; for one, she didn’t expect Taeyong and Seokjin was by now surrounding where she snoozed with her head buried on Jungkook’s bed. And two, the fact that Jungkook was crying, in which his sobs were what returning her back to the reality.

“What happened?” she exclaimed, standing up from where she sat, still gaining awareness while rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“Slept well, huh?” Taeyong asked in pretend, whilst assisting Jungkook with the tissue holder now he could grab with his free hand.

The questioned girl was quickly reacting, placing her hands on the hip. “What do you mean?” she then turned to the patient. “What made you cry, Jungkook? Is there something wrong?”

Jungkook shook his head, weakly. “No… It’s just Taeyong hyung—”

“Taeyong?” she turned again to the other she was next to. Pinching his side arm and then, the younger almost screamed his lungs out.

He called out, “You pinched me like a mad grandma—”

“What did you do that can cause Jungkook cry?”

Jungkook, on the other hand, glanced at Seokjin who was just shrugged.

“I have no idea.” The eldest motioned to him.

“Suzy noona…” Jungkook began explaining once the dam of waterworks stopped. “I cried because I didn’t expect Taeyong hyung to be my blood donor…”

“Oh,” Suzy crossed her arms as she examined how Taeyong shut his mouth, not wanting to give any comment. At that point, came her teasing for once. “Oh…”

Taeyong was so sure Suzy threw some of the most cunning smirk he ever gotten. If Suzy was a guy, the younger had no doubt he would be gesturing a fist to her.

“Sorry that I made you guys worried about me…”

Then, the last sentence Jungkook muttered toward them, had caused Taeyong dropped a single tear— which made he believed he can be a little sensitive.

 


 

Taehyung ran as fast as he could, the minute he was arriving to where Seokjin told Jungkook was hospitalized. The big brother briefed him already regarding the youngest’s current condition when the plane landed. Even though, now he knew Jungkook was alright, Taehyung didn’t mind leaving his old man at the entrance as he dashed straightaway once exiting their car.

Never before he experienced 13 hours long of flight as it was long as a lifetime.

His mother was the first person he caught, waiting in front of the hospital room and he wasted no time to give her a tight hug.

“How’s Jungkook? Can I come in?”

“Not yet, dear… Let the doctor do the examination first…” answered the pretty middle-aged woman, soothing when releasing her middle son’s clasp.

Taehyung probed every person who was there— means his mother, Seokjin and Taeyong— as he embraced the latter by turns.

“Hyung…”

Seokjin grabbed his younger brother’s edge, analyzing each of his aspect as Taehyung was seemingly so beat. “Jungkook is okay now, we don’t have to worry that much… You okay?”

Everyone could perceive Taehyung’s eyes were puffy that he must be crying all the way.

“I want to see, Jungkook… Please,”

His deep voice was shaky, as he turned to Taeyong who had his arms wide open to wrap around the taller’s weak limb.

“Calm down, Tae… He’s okay.”

“No, he’s not…”

Taeyong caught Taehyung was now crying while resting his chin above his shoulder. Mrs. Kim moved then to provide her son comfort while massaging his back.

“Thanks to your handsome friend…” said the mother in gentle voice. “He gave his blood to Jungkook.”

Taehyung tightened his grip to Taeyong as if it was on cue.

“Thank you, Tae… Thank you…”

Taeyong said to himself, he wasn’t going to cry for the second time of the day. Nevertheless, having Taehyung’s emotional breakdown within his hold was another story he didn’t see coming. As out of every person in the whole world, he has the softest spot toward this particular one.

Taeyong whispered and made sure only Taehyung listened to what’s next. “My pleasure, Tae… But, please, I’ve had very limited share of tears for a day—”

To that, Taehyung pulled away from his best friend. Flashing his signature boxy grin which everyone longed to see.

 

Taehyung walked into the room after taking turns since Seokjin and Taeyong would be leaving in a moment, to change and probably taking shower in each residence. It was when Mr. and Mrs. Kim were heading to the specialist’s office to discuss more of Jungkook’s treatment. The youngest might have his physical injury getting better, but the chance of him having troubled mind was the main consideration to stay a week further.

Jungkook’s face changed instantly when catching Taehyung’s rare, gloomy expression. Regret was definitely shown through his countenance. He hugged Taehyung back with one arm as the older wasted no time to squeeze him.

“How’re you feeling?”

Taehyung traced his fingers through every inch of Jungkook’s features. Making sure he didn’t miss any from what occurred the night before and he reflected it was all his fault.

“I’m sorry, Kookie…” The older’s face was soaked by waterworks when Jungkook beheld him later.

“H-hyung? Why?”

He fidgeted as Jungkook asked in small voice, letting him vent whatever he needed.

“I shouldn’t have been that ignorant… I should’ve hear everything you want to say to me… I should’ve been a better hyung for my Kookie…” Taehyung’s weeps became worse then. “Don’t leave me… Please—”

To that, Jungkook was the one embracing Taehyung yet another time. For the reason, he could let his own tears flown without Taehyung seeing toward him.

The older broke down again inside Jungkook hold, whereas they stayed in the position quite a while. Deep inside Jungkook’s heart clenched, he must’ve caused Taehyung wept even this greatly. He was repentant of what he had done over and over again, as it already took place and now he ought to begin dealing with the outcome.

 

Had Taehyung not realized, it was what everyone feels when knowing he decided to end his life. Their pain and sorrow were so much unbearable, that only people who need to go through it completely would understand. Never did Taehyung imagined he would face such situation. As it was so sudden when he almost suffered the loss of Jungkook.

Hadn’t once Taehyung pictured, it would never get easier for his beloved ones, even when he gave heads-up to them in regard of his demise.

Jungkook might be lucky enough to be saved from this near-death experience. Nonetheless, when it came to Taehyung’s scheme, his passing would truly mean the ending.

 

---

 

A couple hours after the sun sets, Suzy was the last person arriving in Jungkook’s hospital room. It was awkward at first when Taehyung was present, but they were supposed to be alright with each other since Jungkook was their main priority.

“Did you manage to attend some of your classes?”

Taeyong averted the tongue-tied tension by questioning the girl who sat next to him by the single-seater.

Suzy hummed, spying Seokjin was engaged with his phone next to the younger. “Yeah, got two classes after lunch and my regular after-hours assignment… Oppa,” she turned to the older. “Did you talk to Jisoo?”

Seokjin gave an ‘okay’ sign with his fingers. “Already taken care of... She didn’t know Jungkook is hospitalized because of minor schizophrenia—”

Jungkook scoffed from where he was in half-sitting position, being fed of the porridge by Taehyung. “Jin hyung! I am healthy, both physically and mentally…”

“Try to think such as that last night and Taeyong didn’t have to waste his body fluid for you—” reverted by the older.

The other three didn’t know when exactly Seokjin and Jungkook began— again— their acute ‘Tom and Jerry’ bond.

Somewhere in between, Suzy met with Taehyung’s brown orbs a few times, subsequently, he excused himself to occupy the restroom. She strutted toward the youngest’s site as she stopped then placed her face in between palms, staring at Jungkook, making him confused.

“You gotta see someone… Can I bring that someone here… Say, tomorrow?”

Jungkook blinked as he wondered whom that someone is. Sometimes Suzy was so weird as every soul in the room as well.

 


 

A/N: Have you all seen Suzy's new MV??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was so beautiful and sad at the same time...
 
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this short update!!
 
xoxo,