In Between Two Distant Hearts

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Seokjin stepped inside the Kim’s mansion after he finished having quick bite with Jisoo. Beforehand, the girl revealed she didn’t have to do the regular task on that day. Jisoo explained to the handsome young man, she discharged the youngest brother in advance, because he was behaving a bit strange, more than usual. For the reason why the eldest of three was leaving at barely seven in the p.m., heading straight to Jungkook’s room by then.

It has been almost a week Taehyung wasn’t with them in the house and there was no major happening too— between him and Jungkook— which Seokjin often was arriving late. Whether he was finishing the college assignments by himself in a hip café downtown, or, he spared some time to get closer and closer with Jisoo. Let alone, he rarely seen Jungkook as he knew Jisoo was with the younger and he would depend on her a little. He should be seeing Jungkook at every breakfast time, prior they started each activity on daily basis. Only they were occupying the dining area, since both parents were busy with their own line of work — in each respected dwelling— while the middle child was with their father abroad.

It was never the same without Taehyung being in the house and Seokjin hated to force himself to be certain.

Seokjin did a quick change for a house shirt and track pants, afore he was approaching the room crosswise the hall. The door was locked, but thankfully, Seokjin knew already the trick. In which he should have entering through Taehyung’s by the next space. He skipped any of the knocking to attempt surprising Jungkook, because he felt somewhat off when the younger didn’t get back at him when he made fun of his appearance this morning.

The connected area of Taehyung and Jungkook’s shared wardrobe was empty, subsequent to Seokjin pounding chest as he reached the black-red painted room, and it was quiet too. Jungkook’s room seemed hasn’t met by hand before, yet he doubted because he identified the brother’s school bag in one of the corner. The sudden thumps within Seokjin’s ribcage became worse, once he spotted the bathroom door was half-opened, although there was no light on from inside.

“Oh, God…” Seokjin mumbled, doubting to move toward the direction. “Jungkook…”

He ended up calling the name twice, deciding to go for it by himself. Seokjin the bathroom light then, as the sight of Jungkook laying there— unconsciously, beside the counter sink— had made he rushed and kneeled to the floor.

“Jungkook!” Seokjin cried as he grabbed the younger’s one bleeding arm. The older questioned how could he found a razor blade that was been placed nearby, coated by red liquid— he assumed was coming from where it stained Jungkook’s uniform and by present, his shirt as well. Seokjin did notice there were few other cuts that appearing not as deep as the one where’s the blood oozing from Jungkook’s arteries. He must be in that position quite long before the elder found him being out cold. It was when Seokjin regretted why he hasn’t come home much more earlier.

Setting aside now his disordered thinker, he quickly called for assistance to the staffs at their house, demanding to take his unconscious brother to the hospital. Immediately, Seokjin did all by himself, tearing his shirt and wrapped it around Jungkook’s wrist to stop the bleeding. He then checked the younger’s pulse, up till he was placed at one of the vehicle with Mr. Hwang, whereas Seokjin trailed alone with his.

The first Kim’s son placed his weary head on the steering wheel, taking a deep breath after releasing his glasses and put it on the passenger seat. His hands were still trembling as he contemplated to make emergency call to certain people, before he followed the other black Range that was transported out from the vast yard.

 

---

 

Taeyong perked an eyebrow as the white vehicle that he started to be accustomed with, was coming in front of his apartment building. He thought it was a false call from this particular soul, but when the person did appear, he raised his own concern as getting into the passenger seat.

“Two times this week, already, you visit me.” Taeyong said, crossing arms and disclosing the raven-haired from a hood of his jumper. He didn’t put much effort to swap his house clothing.

His sharp eyes were piercing the other’s beaming. Next to the vehicle moving, leaving the familiar scene.

The person on the driver’s seat was concentrating to see the road ahead. “Don’t be such a brat… I’m just being nice to offer you dinner.” then came her reply, casually.

Taeyong still had his arms placed around his torso although the frown lessened when he proceeded to the next question. Straight to the point like he mostly did. “What is it, today? Did someone do something to you?”

Suzy couldn’t help but giggle and shaking her head. “Can we get to the eating place first before start talking about things? Your question is kind of tricky at seven passing fifteen…”

“You should be grateful because I live by myself and I can be dragged out for your lonely dinner invitation.” It took the younger guy a minute in advance, as he returned at her from examining outside the car window.

“Yeah… You should be thankful too, because my best-friend-slash-neighbor Jinri is too busy with her boyfriend and I hate having meal by myself.”

“Good point taken.”

And it didn’t reserve few seconds for Taeyong’s phone to be ringing, displaying a familiar name of one of the Kims.

“Seokjin hyung?”

The fine-looking boy probed the caller as he gazed to Suzy, who thankfully was calm while noticing the red light further on.

“Hyung?” the younger shut one of his open ear with a palm, as he couldn’t catch clearly what the elder expressed by freaking out.

Whoa— hold on,”

Not even Suzy studied what Seokjin seemed was screaming about, Taeyong caught what it did concern him as he ended the call asap.

“We’re going to the hospital.”

Taeyong frankly stated. Although he tried to relax, but his poker face was indeed making she sensed the insecurity.

“What?” she openly questioned. “Why?”

He chewed the bottom lip, by means replying in low voice. “Something happened to Jungkook—”

“W-what?? What’s wrong with him?!”

Taeyong sighed as he exited and left the frozen Suzy. Without her being aware he was at present standing on the street to open her car’s door from the outer side.

“Scoot. I’ll be the one driving.”

Thankfully the red light was still on and people hasn’t start honking toward the white vehicle. Suzy did freeze longer than he thought she would and as she was stuttering when requiring Taeyong the significant answer. Yet he still managed to react with poise.

“Jungkook’s done some wrist cutting…” he paused when realized the waterworks that assembling at her shaky orbs. “Please don’t start crying ‘cause I’m not good dealing with it and it makes you look ugly!”

To be honest, it was hard for Taeyong to ignore her tears.

“He lose quite an amount of blood… That’s the last information I got from Seokjin hyung.”

She just nodded and she buckled up the seatbelt. “It looked… Really bad when I saw him…” then, she rambled. “I should’ve known there’s something wrong…”

Taeyong gulped and he initiated driving, whereas the green light showed upfront. He needed to prioritize their safety by arriving to the destination first.

 

Seokjin was speaking to a doctor when Suzy and Taeyong was rushing toward the ER. It was crowded in the room and as the authorities didn’t let too many people see the procedure, then Seokjin was hustled to wait outside with the youngers. He saw too much blood emerging that night and maybe the elder needed to take time-out by the waiting room.

Poor Seokjin, who apparently had his mother working on some business in China by the meantime and two other family members were being much further away— he mentioned that he had called all of them, but now, he needed to face this crisis all by himself. Thank God, he remembered some other people whom seemingly had the attachment to his household as well.

“So, hyung… How’s Jungkook?” Taeyong asked Seokjin as soon as he handed the juice attained from the nearby vending machine.

Suzy has stayed by the other seat, in hush while silently wiping tears. Luckily, Seokjin was too distracted to notice because Taeyong kept him busy with questions.

The elder massaged his nose bridge, responding the inquiry. “We need to have blood tranfusion… It’d be a challenge since Jungkook is A negative, which is rare… The only ones can help him are with the same type or negative O…and I can’t give him mine because I have the O blood type, but positive—”

“I’m O negative.”

Seokjin blinked for a couple times as he put on his glasses toward Taeyong who stated it. Even Suzy did shoot her head up while catching it from the younger.

“R-really?” He was taken aback since he supposed this would be hell of difficulty to find a donor for Jungkook. Maybe his decision to call Taehyung’s best friend was right from the very first thought.

“Of course.” Taeyong flashed his sincerity once again within his deep stare. “Where can I go to make the transfer?”

Both of Seokjin and Suzy grew completely quiet prior to the eldest offered Taeyong going with him back to the ER. By means of doing the process with the medic’s assistance.

 

---

 

It was nearly 2 a.m., when Taeyong had awakened with the smell of brew which turned out brought by Suzy. The younger guy fell asleep on the waiting couch outside the ward where they have located Jungkook previously. After doing the transfusion, the fine-looking guy was so drained, and the dizziness strike sooner than he surrendered, departing to the dreamland. They must be thankful because there was a certain age limit which Taeyong requested to show his ID before, as sometimes he did look even younger than Jungkook. And don’t start with his lean body that he almost shortlisted as underweight to be a donor.

“Coffee?” Suzy tilted her head, so he caught the glimpse she has appeared more positive.

“Can I have some tea?” his hoarse voice was the sign that he was drowsy. However, Suzy was doing nothing but what he asked her to. “How’s Jungkook?” Taeyong asked her again after she handed him a cup filled with the hot beverage.

“He passed through the critical condition, yet he’s not waking up… Seokjin oppa’s with him since they moved him to the room.” Suzy smiled as she glanced to the younger, whom was still trying to gather his full awareness. “But, it’s you who basically saved him.”

Taeyong’s eyelash flickered as he attempted to scowl. “Don’t say such thing… If Seokjin hyung came a minute late, we probably lose Jungkook, you know?” Though his supposed expressionless face turned with a smirk. “And let’s not forget about your wasted tears and I know that, secretly, deeply, you keep praying for him…”

Suzy widened her orbs and lightly smacked Taeyong’s arm, which the latter almost screamed. Her face beginning to be red as tomato and hadn’t she wanted anyone to bother about how much she cried previously. Nonetheless, they toned down as soon realized they were in a hospital, by two hours passing midnight.

“You hit me right where they took my blood—”

“Really?” Suzy gasped. “Oh my God! Taeyong, I’m so sorry…”

Taeyong held back his groan of pain, even turned out to be fake and he started cackling.

“You—”

Suzy then slapped the back of his head as Taeyong asked her to stop. His mocking laugh was crisp, lingered thorough the empty corridor until one nurse was checking on them from the reception. Then, the older girl excused herself, buying meal at 24-hours store downstairs since Taeyong was too weak to wander around.

 

“You’re not going home?” Taeyong commented while munching on the ham sandwich.

Suzy returned him with a questioning look. “Don’t you have to be at school in less than six hours?”

Taeyong quickly swallowed the remain in his mouth and scoffed. “You tried hard to be an old woman since you are now in college… Let’s be clear, alright grandma? I can use my anemic reason to skip school.”

“Excuse me,” she felt aggrieved, but she let him finish his sandwich as she sipped her black coffee to stay awake.

Later, Suzy planned to tell him something, which she held back due to the younger’s need to consume something after losing some of his body fluid.

“Hey, Taeyong…”

He merely glanced at her whilst scrolling on his phone.

“Thanks.”

Taeyong cleared his throat, as in fact, he never used to be having deep exchange with her. “For what?”

Then, there was a befalling stillness before Suzy tried to break it with her explanation.

“For contributing your blood to Jungkook, without hesitation—” she noticed him was about to give another comeback, so that’s why she quickly made clear. “Seriously, I mean it.”

Yah!” Taeyong was definitely not a soul created to face such solemn situation. He messed with her hair before he retorted. “Don’t thank me because I didn’t do it for you…”

“I know…”

By then he was the one who had such flustered face as she happened to more.

“You do care about Jungkook, don’t you?”

“No, I’m not!” Taeyong’s offended expression was priceless, which Suzy practically cracked out loud.

“Just admit that you start consider him as the little brother you never had—”

“No, no…” his face was now all crimson and the older kept giggling toward it. “I’m not doing it for the sake of Jungkook—”

“You such a liar.” Suzy flashed again her precious beam which it made he began feeling edgy.

“I did it because he is Taehyung’s little brother…and it is on behalf of Taehyung, because I don’t want him to lose Jungkook along this entire difficult situation.”

Although Suzy grasped Taeyong might be lying for half of it, but the mention of Taehyung’s name did cause her shutting off the teasing toward the younger.

“And if,” Taeyong commenced their unexpected discussion after a moment. “If Taehyung later be gone… It doesn’t do any harm to me as I'll be one to look over Jungkook.”

Suzy couldn’t help to agree with him on the matter. “Yes… Taehyung told me as well to be on Jungkook’s side after he’s gone.”

Taeyong’s attention then brought to where he knew Suzy wanted to share him a problem. It might be good as well, because the conversation regarding his best friend, perchance was still hurting her deep to the core.

“So, what happened between you and Jungkook earlier?”

Worried has creeped slowly and it worsen her expression, Taeyong has discerned.

“I kinda,” she raised a doubt to continue, but he signaled her to and it was too late to change the subject. “Jungkook looked so glum and he was trying to push me away, I guess?”

“And?”

Suzy hated Taeyong sometimes was impatient when it came to this sort of matter.

“I said that I do care about him—”

Whoa!”

“Taeyong, I’m not finish!”

“Okay, grandma….” He regarded her sign to give him another slap to his head, and then he ducked swiftly. “Continue,”

“He said that maybe, if I’m not mistaken, don’t do it because of Taehyung. Like why is that?”

Taeyong supported his chin with a palm since he didn’t get what it did mean and so did she.

“The last one he just said, he’s not Taehyung.”

Suzy wrapped up her details when he put his index finger on the pouted lips, probably contemplating.

“Can I suggest that you need to start being care to Jungkook,” he emphasized the name, but this time she didn’t mind. “Not because he’s Taehyung’s little brother.”

“But, he is Taehyung’s little brother—”

“What did I just say?” he exhaled and intentionally flicked Suzy’s forehead. “Aissh, jinjja! It’s so hard to speak with an old person…”

Suzy scratched her not so itchy head before the door of Jungkook’s room swung opened. Seokjin was fixing his glasses as he didn’t expect to see both of them still there.

“Hey, guys…” he grinned although his tiredness still shown. There was a duffel bag slung over his broad shoulder, possibly the one which Mr. Hwang brought earlier. “I’m going to change…” Seokjin was pointing at his white shirt that stained with dried fluid. “Perhaps I gotta find something to eat.”

Suzy and Taeyong nodded in unison.

“And Jungkook is awake, maybe you guys wants to see him.”

Seokjin left the fine-looking pair at that point, as the younger gazed to the stunned girl beside.

“What are you waiting for? Just go and see him!”

Taeyong somewhat whispered at her, afore Suzy did nothing while he shoved her toward that one particular hospital room.

 

Jungkook looked so pale and frail, when Suzy slowly walked into the room. It didn’t take much long for him to realize who was the unexpected being that coming in to check on his condition. He recalled the last time he saw her as they weren’t in the best state, and Jungkook hated himself for doing some harsh things toward the one he supposed to care the most.

“Hi, how are you feeling?”

Suzy murmured, already stood beside the younger’s bed and she hesitated to sit on the vacant chair next to it.

“Never been worse.”

Jungkook loathed when someone presented him pity. Nevertheless, he couldn’t do anything when Suzy chose finally to take a seat very near.

If truth be told, Jungkook never felt so low about himself. Let it be, his stupid attempt of suicide and by now, he knew that too many people beside Seokjin were involved in the mess he created.

“You must be thinking that I am so stupid—”

His words cutted when Suzy grabbed his one fine arm and she wrapped it inside her hold.

“Jungkook, please… Don’t do something like this, please… I beg you…”

The anger within his sentiment has dissolved, as he did nothing when Suzy brushed her cheek toward his knuckle. In not so later, he was sure he began to feel some tears were falling from her. The scene of Suzy now was crying because of him, had torn Jungkook apart in between hating himself more— or, wanting to show that he was okay and he deeply sorry to make her feel so damn worried.

As a matter of fact, Jungkook had no idea about what to do at this point.

 

What to do when deep inside his heart, it consisted most of the contention about her, as it let him think of probably just ending the journey.

Falling in love wasn’t supposed to be this tragic, which is what Jungkook believed.

 


 

A/N: For me it's kinda important to put these two in the same chapter to clarify that they both have no hard feelings... they're now basically very good supporters toward each other <3<3

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Jungkook is okay, don't you worry! please don't hate me to put things all this way ^.^v

 

xoxo,