Hidden Virtue

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Twenty minutes, tops, Jungkook spoke inside his head as he kept squeezing Suzy’s hand within his hold. Creating a boundary in the middle of them was probably the best thing to do, considering what unexpected had befallen. He put her hand freely on top of the table as he contemplated to the glass window of the place and sometimes to her. No words still had spoken between the two.

If truth be told, Jungkook wished to embrace her earlier. Nonetheless, the current context they were in, felt so wrong to him. Even how Taehyung broke all the promises he had with the older girl was erroneous, in which Jungkook also recognized as his total loss. He needed to deal with Taehyung about what he had done and no need to justify whatever situation he was in; his brother couldn’t behave such arbitrarily. This one was unreasonable, and by then, he couldn’t stand to see her began shedding some tears.

“I’ll get you a drink.” He was on his feet, already in direction to the main counter as Suzy just nodded, plainly.

It bothered Jungkook so much that Taehyung was deciding this so inconsiderately. He couldn’t get of how the older brother wanted to break up with the girl he loved, and he even swore that Taehyung was so dumb by doing it. On the other side, he didn’t know how is it for Suzy, which was worse; is it the fact that someone she loved was dying? Or, the reality that he dumped her within some of his final moments.

As for himself, the truth that he was so head over heels toward this certain individual was really something else.

What is this? Why should Jungkook be placed amongst these complications?

Sometimes he envied Jaehyun and Yugyeom for everything they have problem— respectively— was about; what homework needed to finish first, or which girl to pick up for this weekend.

“Hey, buddy… Your hot caramel macchiato is going to be ready in the next station.”

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts as the barista gave him the heads-up.

Suzy was finished talking to somebody through the iPhone when Jungkook returned with the beverage he bought for her.

“Hey, Jungkook, thanks…” Suzy compelled a curve at the edge of her lips, as she looked forced to appear okay. “But, I guess I’m gonna take off.”

Jungkook merely keeping an eye to every move she made, since she was requesting for the on-the-go cup up until she bid him a goodbye without sitting again on the seat.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, here… Regular time?”

He simply gave her a nod and soon was taking his phone out from the pocket, dialing a not-so-familiar number.

“Uhm, Mr. Hwang… Could you please pick me up, now—”

 

The sun had set not too long ago when Taeyong exited his school main gate. Luckily, the extra courses they had by this day was rather short and he was sort of startled to find Jungkook— seemed— was expecting him.

“Hey, Jungkook! Taehyung’s not here—”

It stopped as the other hauled him shortly and shove him into the typical black Range belonged to the Kim’s family. He observed the minder who was in the driver seat wasn’t Mr. Oh— well, he’s familiar enough with the old man. Hence Taeyong assumed this younger man can be called Mr. Hwang, just like what alteration Taehyung had announced at the day before.

“What the hell are you doing?” Taeyong gasped as Jungkook eyed him warily. “Oh my God! Please don’t tell me you’re kidnapping me!”

“Hyung, please…” he snorted. “Tell me one good reason to.”

Taeyong was still watching him cautiously. He was leaning on the door and prepared open it to escape in flash, just in case.

“What do you want, Jungkook?”

“I need you to direct me the way to Suzy noona’s place.”

It took Taeyong precisely three seconds before he started laughing straight at Jungkook’s face.

“Don’t laugh at me! Taeyong hyung!”

Jungkook hit the older’s shoulder and shrunk on his seat, as Taeyong continued until he wiped the tears that began to fall on his bony cheeks. Didn’t know why he supposed it was funny.

“Okay, Jungkook… I’m listening…”

He gave him cue for a good minute.

Jungkook took a deep breath to carry on. “I need to make sure that she’s okay.”

Taeyong pulled out a device from his backpack. “Jungkook,” he shoved it toward the younger. “Meet my friend, the iPhone. This was invented to help us solve communication problems and make distance between the loved ones got slighter.”

He had this judging face as he furrowed his eyebrows to retort. “I can do it by myself, hyung… I can call her anytime, but this is not that simple…”

Taeyong responded him without delay. “And why is that? You just dial her number, ask her how she is, and that’s it.”

“I thought Taetae hyung said you’re the brainiest student in the entire school.”

“Jungkook, making fun of my intelligence is seriously not helping.”

The older rolled his eyes as he was ready to leave the vehicle, in which Jungkook acted quick and seize his hand faster.

“Taeyong hyung, I’m kidding.” He’s seen straight to those sharp eyes with his round orbs. “Please help me…”

The older raised his concern, indirectly encouraged Jungkook to resume with his serious tone.

“Your best friend broke up with her.”

The other’s consideration became bigger after Jungkook stated the last one. “What?” he asked. “Is your brother dumb or what?”

“I know.” Jungkook agreed with him, for once, infrequent. “I was with her before she left me at the coffee shop. She looked… So sad and glum.”

“And why’s that your concern now?”

The younger whined for that he knew Taeyong has identified his reason.

“Come on, hyung… You know,”

Taeyong sighed before he patted the latter’s head— not in the usual way he did— gently. “You boys can’t live a day without bugging me, huh?”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Boys?”

It caused the older chuckled as he pointed. “Yeah, you and Taehyung… Are pretty much the same.”

 

They had been waiting in front of Suzy’s apartment for more than half hour. It appeared Jungkook was about to press the buzzer for the third time as Taeyong told him to give her call instead.

“Jungkook, it’s the right time to call her, now… Maybe the idea to give surprise visit isn’t working.”

The older crossed his arms, resting his head to the nearest wall, perhaps was finding some spot to sit on. While Jungkook examined the thought, even though he did it anyway.

“She’s not picking up!”

“Oh, God! Chill, Jungkook…” Taeyong clicked his tongue when seeing the younger started panicking. “Try more a couple times… We can try to break in after that—”

“Hyung, I’m freaking worried… Seriously,” Jungkook scratched his not-so-itchy head, as he kept redialing the certain contact.

Taeyong lifted his hands to the air. The younger was walking back and forth, with genuine fear showed through his countenance, and nothing he could about that. He was thinking to sit on the floor and looked around to make sure that it was clean enough. Whereas he saw two familiar people were approaching their way.

“Jinri Noona! Jinyoung hyung!” The fine-looking individual waved to the couple who were en route toward Jungkook and him.

“Taeyong, what are you doing here?” Jinri questioned the younger soon she was dragging Jinyoung with her.

“Jungkook,” he gazed to the youngest as the latter signed him not to reveal anything. “Uh, I mean…” he switched the topic fast, pointing to the door nearby. “Do you have any idea where your friend is?

Jinri hummed. “I don’t know—”

“Ah! I think I know where she is…” Jinyoung answered for substitute his girlfriend. In which Jinri looked at him with the same puzzle as the two youngers. “She called me earlier, actually—”

 

---

 

Waiting for someone by the bar— at barely 7 pm— was totally tedious and lousy, Suzy agreed. She contemplated her impulsive decision, when she asked Jinyoung to provide someone’s exact detail to accompany her tonight. It was her second glass of wine that incoming when Jaebum finally arrived there. It seemed he didn’t put that much effort to change the denim jacket and black t-shirt, which she already saw him in it, previously at the Uni.

“Jinyoung said you want to meet me…” He began speaking after ordering drink based on his preference. “Why here?”

Suzy took another sip of her red wine, afore she beheld the guy that was currently fixing at her from his stool. “Really? Scotch neat?”

“It’s such a waste to drink high-quality product on rocks. Killing the taste.”

He noticed she was simpering as she kept making circles with her index on the glass tip.

“You hardly talk to me.”

She frowned when she glanced toward him, over. “Excuse me?”

Jaebum finished his order in one sip, in advance him to reply. “Yeah. You never say hi to me first even when I sat behind you at classes.”

“Well, I guess… Sorry?” she raised her wine glass at him.

“Seriously, what do you want?”

Her second glass was emptied to make her capable of saying what’s next. The spirit was now keeping her dizzy.

“I need someone to talk to… Someone who I can fool around with.”

Jaebum smirked when he heard the answer. “Then, I think we need a few more rounds of drinks.”

 

It took another hour and cost a whole bottle and half, for both of them to start giving in with the spirits effects. Jaebum was by then surrounding an arm on Suzy’s waist, even though the girl pushed him away because she wanted to order more of the drinks. She was determined when it came to drinking and it was one thing he hasn’t perceived so far.

“Let’s go to my place…” he planted kisses on her neck. “It’s not too far from here—”

Yah! You’re not allowed to touch me if I’m still aware that this is you…” she pushed him further as he settled back on his stool.

“Man… I see it’s hard to make you give in to me.”

“Come one, one more round!” she was kind of excited.

Jaebum strived to put his arms, once more to Suzy. Whereas she was pouring herself now the booze, she was absorbed to fulfill the deed afore was focusing to make the guy go away.

Suzy bit her lower lip, that maybe her choice of game tonight wasn’t right. However, the outcome started coming in. It was when another person came on to them, clothed in black hoodie.

“Excuse me… Get your hands off her.”

Jaebum observed through his blurry view, he thought he had seen him somewhere. At that point, he had no strength remained while the other was situating the girl even further.

Right, he was one of the fellows who come to their university by the first week.

“Hey, hyung… Or whatever, but I know you’re older than me…”

The drunken other was silent as he was trying hard himself to evenly sit.

“You have money to pay the drinks, don’t you?”

Not even he had the time to answer, it was too late for Jaebum to prevent him taking the girl away from his sight.

 

The person then lowered his hood as he was rushing out from the public house, with Suzy seemed was already under the influence.

“Let go of me!” she attempted to release the grip of her wrist by him.

She was examining as he did let go of her, once they were passing the entrance.

“T-Taeyong? Is that you?”

The younger scoffed as he rested his arms to the hip. “You have enough awareness to identify me, huh? Did you realize that wasn’t Taehyung there who keeps putting his hands around you?”

His face was now can be fully seen as he took off what keeps it enclosed.

“Give me your car keys.”

“Wh— what for?” Suzy supported her woozy head, although her hand started searching.

“You think you can drive by yourself being like this?” The younger’s eyes were wide open. “Maybe you want to leave your car here and we can go by a cab.”

Suzy was rummaging with all her might, but the dizziness had brought her to defeat. Slowly, she handed him her crossbody bag and take a seat on a nearest waiting bench.

“Ew! What’s this?” Taeyong talked to himself as he grasped a white, medium long, soft stuff inside there. Not so long, he reminded of something he perceived on the store, which was none other than a tampon. “Oh, Jungkook owes me a ing lot for doing this… Ah, there you go!”

He found the car keys they’ve been searching. At that point, he saw Suzy has passed out at where she laid on.

 

Taeyong started the car ignition when another, younger person sneaked in the back seat on where he placed Suzy.

“Hey, you can come a bit faster when I was carrying her all the way here…”

“Nah, hyung… I know you can do it.” Jungkook patted the older’s shoulder, leaning in to see the girl on the passenger seat was peacefully sleeping.

“They didn’t ask for my ID, you should go in with me before…”

He saw a bit to the side, Jungkook was shaking his head.

“But then, there’s a chance she knew that I’m here.”

Taeyong cleared his throat as he was beholding the road ahead.

“Hey Jungkook, want to know one thing?”

It appeared that the younger was switching his view from the girl to him.

“Haven’t had my license yet.”

Jungkook’s round orbs have intensified, as he attempted to go with Mr. Hwang by the other vehicle that trailed them. But alas, Taeyong drove this one already.

 

---

 

Seokjin was just parking his car when he saw Jungkook returned with Mr. Hwang at their house vast yard.

“Yo! Little brat!”

Jungkook smiled lazily, leaning to the doorframe as later the eldest put a hand over his shoulder.

“Where have you been? I just took Taehyung to the airport.” Seokjin mouthed the words throughout their walk from the porch toward the central stairs.

“Jin hyung, can I ask you a favor?”

He fixed the glasses on his nose bridge, although he motioned Jungkook to keep carrying.

 


 

Suzy pulled over by the usual spot where she parked her car, two days straight in the same place. There were more than one person expecting her, as she only anticipated to meet her subject on that day. There were voices telling her inside the head, that nothing happened to be okay right at this moment.

“Hey, guys… What’s with the crowd?”

She took a seat across Jungkook, with Jaehyun by his side and Jisoo was situated next to her, crosswise to the addition of Seokjin.

They all looked at each other as none of them were obliged to answer her question— unless the round orbs boy himself.

“Noona,” he mused over some time, per chance was choosing of how to say it in precise. “I ask Jaehyun to switch place with me… For your assignment.”

Bad feelings were mostly right, isn’t it?

It’s not that Suzy hated Jaehyun, because the younger seemed lovely and she remembered Jungkook always mentioned him as the smart one in his circle of friends. But then again, she was used to be with Jungkook and she was now asking herself, why she should see this as a big deal.

“Do you have a problem with me?”

Jungkook was hesitant as he looked up to meet Suzy’s eyes, mumbling the counterfeit answer. “Jin hyung wants me to be assigned with Jisoo noona… Well, maybe because he trust me better than Jae…”

Somewhere in between that, Seokjin was signaling Jisoo he would give her the full explanation later.

 


 

A/N: If these two have collaboration then a quarter of my life will be complete... <3<3

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 to all my lovely readers!!!

Please leave comments 주세요!!!