Aesthetic Skies

Aperture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 1 : AESTHETIC SKIES [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] He took a long look at the clouds and smiled, taking in their lovely and soft pastel colors. [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

The sun was covered slightly by the clouds as a school bus drove swiftly through the cars on the freeway.  Everyone was excited for the trip to come.  Kids in the back were singing random pop songs out of tune, making a rainbow of jagged lines appear in Jungkook’s vision.  His ears rang as he sighed and proceeded to putting his headphones on and listening to some slow jam rapping.

 

A burgundy color twirled across his vision, a bit darker than blood with a metallic look to the hue.  Each groan and scratch in the rapper’s voice was a lazy orange.  The colors seemed to make his eyelids heavy.

 

Just before he could doze off, the song changed.  A loud, intense beat boomed in his ear.  The singer’s voice was traced in a silky green.  Jungkook’s eyes flew open as he winced and ripped the earphones from his ears.  His head rang as he looked up and came face to face with a familiar grin.

 

“Jungkookie’s awake!”  His voice sounded red like strawberries under a summer sun.  Just like his hair, Jungkook noticed quietly.  He was a happy boy with a sweet personality anyone could relate to, probably why Jungkook even had a chance to gain a friend in his first year of high school two years ago.

 

“It’s about time you woke up.  We’re nearly at the airport,” the boy said.

 

The boy next to him groaned tiredly as he stretched.  “Shut up, Jimin.  I was about to fall asleep.”

 

Stone gray.

 

Jimin smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair.  “It’s okay, Yoongi-hyung.  You can sleep when we get on the plane,” he replied with a laugh.  “It’ll be an hour of peace and quiet for you, just how you like it.”

 

The older boy grumbled before turning towards the window and closing his eyes, trying to fall asleep again.

 

“He’s always so grumpy,” Jimin said as he left Yoongi where he was and plopped down in the seat next to Jungkook.  “Maybe this trip will cheer him up.”

 

“He’s probably just tired,” Jungkook suggested.

 

Jimin laughed.  “He’s always tired,” he said with a pink-hued sigh.  “He’s been going through a lot lately at home and hasn’t gotten much sleep, you know, with his mom being sick and everything.  I’m a bit worried about him.”  He pursed his lips.  “My goal is to make him smile at least once this trip.”

 

Jungkook nodded and smiled.  Knowing Jimin, he can probably make Yoongi smile forever.

 

The two had something more than a friendsh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter