Getting Close?

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung and Mark arrived at the café. They were now sitting at the very edge and Jinyoung can't take it any longer. The stares of other costumers towards them are bugging him. Meanwhile, Mark just casually sipped at his coffee.

"What the heck's wrong with this café?" Jinyoung complained to Mark.

"Why Nyoung? Any problem?" Mark asked the younger while smiling.

"Is it just me or I feel like almost everyone's looking at our way?"

"Relax, Nyoungie. They're just staring because I'm here. You know, I'm so handsome they can't take their eyes off of me." Mark said like a proud kitten.

"Gosh. Whatever." Jinyoung waved his hands mid-air like shooing Mark.

"What? You don't agree? I'm saaaad~" He replied almost purring.

"Maybe you're handsome. A little. You sort of more look like a kitten to me. Pfft." Jinyoung said covering his mouth with his hand to avoid laughing.

"Hey! I'm not." Mark protested.

"Yes, you are. It's kinda cute you know. I mean, I wasn't expecting that you also have that side of yours." Jinyoung said.

"Did you just call me cute?" Mark's eyes sparkled, enjoying the moment to tease the younger.

"Yeah, right. We're not here to chit chat. We're here for the project. Remember?" Jinyoung said as he switched the subject smoothly.

"I really can't win against you." Mark said with disappointment.

"Who said you can?" Jinyoung smirked and this time, laughed hard.

"Geez, okay. Fine. Whatever." Mark said, shifting his head grumpily.

Jinyoung just dropped the conversation at that and shifted back to their project.

"So, back to the main topic, what do you want to be our concept for this project?" Jinyoung stared at Mark and saw the guy still sulking.

"Hey, answer me." Jinyoung said trying to catch the older's attention.

Mark looked Jinyoung at the corner of his eyes and swifted it back again. "Hmph, I don't care." They guy said still sulking.

"What are you sulking for? My joke? What the heck, Mark. Stop being a baby." Jinyoung laughed.

Mark just ignored Jinyoung and sipped his coffee.

"Fine, I'll just decide on my own then." Jinyoung said, still giggling at the sight of Mark's pouting.

After few minutes later, he still has no idea on what concept to use. He can't do it afterall. He needs suggestions on what's good for their project. This needs teamwork. No wonder why their professor decided to let them work as pairs.

"Uhmm, Mark? I still need your help after all." Jinyoung said. Mark still ignored him.

"What the . This guy's really like a kitten." Jinyoung thought to himself and sighed.

"Okay, I was wrong. I'm sorry." Jinyoung said but Mark still ignored him.

"Maark"

Still no reply.

"Maaaaaark"

Still none.

"Maaaaaarkeuu~"

...

Jinyoung can't take it anymore. What he did next was pinched the guy's cheek so hard and said "Markeuuuu, I'm sorry. Okay, you can win an argument towards me."

Smile formed on Mark's face.

"Sthop it, You'w peenthing mah theekth shoo hawd." he said.

Surprised by his own actions, he quickly let go of Mark's cheeks and mumbled a sorry.

"I was just trying to tease you a little. I wasn't expecting you would pinch my cheeks." Mark laughed.

"So you're not angry?" Jinyoung asked.

"No. Why would be angry to you?" He replied.

"What the , Tuan. Don't you know how awkward I felt thinking I was sitting in front of a guy who was angry at me?" This time Jinyoung was the one sulking.

"Sorry Nyoung. I can't help it. I was gonna give in sooner. But the look on your face when you were troubled was just fascinating to watch." Mark said still laughing.

"Whatever. Just help me with this already." Jinyoung said irritated.

"Fine." Mark said trying not to laugh.

It was 5PM when they entered the café. They decided to go with adventure, supernatural, and a little hint of romance in their story. They also thought of a good plot and all they are left with is the content of their project.

It was already six when they decided to go home. Jinyoung said he will ride the bus and since Mark's apartment is near, he can just walk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter