A JackBam Side Story: Still Into You

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​BamBam's POV

Today is the day that he'll go back. It had almost been 7 years since I cut ties with him. The first 3 years since we were apart, him in Hong Kong and I being here in Korea, it was really tough for the both of us. But despite of our hectic schedules because of work, he still called every morning up until midnight. Apparently, at that time, Jackson hyung became a famous body builder instructor and planned to build his own gym at Hong Kong while I, myself, managed my mom's restaurant which is now mine while being a fashion designer. 

Even if things were like that, he still does things that made my heart flutter even if we were oceans apart. He sent me gifts during our anniversaries and I also did the same. There was never a day that he won't ask me what have I been doing or how were things going on in Korea and our phone call always ends with exchanging I love you's and I miss you's. 

Things were great during those years but I don't know when did things went wrong between us. I somehow got the corner of the idea but somehow along the way, I knew that I was wrong the moment I ended up our relationship.

 

[3 Years Ago]

It was late at night when I was working on with my client's desired tuxedo for his wedding, when later on, my phone ringed as Jackson hyung facetimed me. I answered the call and put aside my paperworks and designs at the corner of the table.

The moment I saw my bashful boyfriend on my phone screen, my drowsy eyes became lively.

"Kunpimook, my prince! How was today?" I can see that Jackson hyung was lying on his king-sized bed with just his boxers on. Oh how I miss his toned body. 

"I'm fine hyung. Just a little stressed out. I still have things to do at the restaurant and my work as a designer is piling up."

"Are you working on another design?" He asked with worry.

"Yea, I accepted it." I answered him as I walked myself at the bedroom.

"How many times have I told you that you can't just accept works if you can't handle it! You know that health always comes first!" Hyung pouted at me.

Jackson was always persistent when I accepted more works as a designer. Not that he was against of it, but I can somehow understand him. But as times went by, I somehow got irritated whenever he lectured me like that.

"I know my own body hyung. I'm seriously doing fine. You don't need to worry." I assured him a bit irritated.

"How can I let myself not to worry when you work late at night? You don't have to accept extra work, babe. I know that you're exhausted by looking at your bags under your eyes and how thin you've became. I'm very worried. Are you eating properly?" He kept asking me questions that it somehow reached my limits.

"Look hyung. How many times have I told you that I'm doing fine? Can't you see? I'm healthy! I know when to stop. I know my limits! And in fact, my sister's coming in Korea and she will help me manage the restaurant. Gosh hyung. You're so irritating." The moment I saw Jackson hyung's dropped expression, guilt rushed through me.

"I-I'm sorry Bam. I was just worried. You know that I'm not there to take care of you when you'll be sick." Jackson hyung managed to say his words with stutter.

"No hyung. I'm sorry. I'm just stressed. Don't worry hyung. I can take care of myself." Jackson hyung smiled and nodded as a response as my irritation somehow evaporated.

Actually, hyung's worry towards me does not irritate me one bit. I'm in fact thankful, blessed, and happy that he thinks and cares for me dearly. What troubled me the most was our relationship itself. Truth be told, I've been planning to tell Jackson hyung about it but I don't have the courage to. I'm shy. I'm ashamed to open it up.

Unlike my parents, Jackson hyung's family does not know that we are going out. It had been years since we started this relationship and there was never a day when I have met or talked with Jackson's parents through phone call or facetime. I'm scared and bashful at the same time. But today, I can't help myself but bring this topic out.

"Hyung... Can I ask you a question?" I suddenly said as Jackson hyung put his face a little bit closer to the cam and nodded with innocence. This is now or never.

"Can I meet your parents?" I asked as I nervously played with my fingers while biting my bottom lip. Jackson became flustered and leaned on his pillow as he repositioned himself.

"W-Why? I mean, it's okay.. I guess. But not now Bam. I promise I'll let you meet them. Okay?" Jackson cracked a smile which was rather unconvincing.

"Why not hyung? Isn't it time to tell your parents that I'm your boyfriend?" I asked him, surprised by myself at how desperate did that sound.

"I promise you babe. I'll tell them. But not now when things aren't sorted out yet." Jackson answered me back as he pushed his brown locks away from his face.

"What things hyung?" I paused and widened my eyes as I continued my sentence, "Are you perhaps.. a-ashamed of m-me?" I stuttered as I held back my tears that were threatening to fall. I saw Jackson hyung waved his hand in desperation.

"Th-That's not it, babe. I promise. Heck, I'll even let the whole world know how much you mean to me, how much I love you, and how special you are to me. So please, don't cry. I'll find the right time to tell my parents about us, just.. not now. Please understand me Kunpimook." Jackson pleaded as he continued, "Is this why you've been so grumpy these past few weeks?"

I just nodded my head and answered, "This is a serious matter to me, hyung. Please understand me. Can you explain why can't you introduce me to your parents?" I don't care if Jackson hyung would call me desperate because I really am desperate to find answers right now.

"I told you Kunpimook! I can't right now! , how many times should I clear it up to you?" Jackson hyung answered me back in an annoyed tone, which made me more agitated.

"Hyung, do you know how ashamed I am to face my parents? They wanted to meet your parents. But how can I say 'okay' when they don't even know me? Aren't you a bit selfish hyung? My parents know you but yours don't know me. I've been questioning our relationship these past few weeks. I'm so confused right now. Am I the only one who's serious about this?" I asked as my tears were streaming down from my face non stop while Jackson just looked at me with grief and annoyance and threw his pillows that I assumed were crashed through the picture frames because I flinched when a broken glass was heard. 

I've never seen Jackson hyung this angry. We had arguments and fights but those were nothing compared to right now. He would often say sorry and I'll do the same and we'll be back to our lovey dovey relationship but I knew that today is way more different.

"Do you know how much I'm willing to introduce you to my parents? I've been itching to tell them that I have a boyfriend waiting for me in Korea but I can't!" Jackson said in a messily foreign accent as he ran his fingers through his brown locks.

"Why can't you?! Tell me!"

"Because they said I'm having an arrange marriage and they expect me to accept it!" The moment he said that, my heart stopped and I cried loudly.

"And you're planning to accept it?" I said in between hiccups.

"I-I don't know. My parents are having high expectations towards me in this." He said in between stutters.

"You are facetiming me telling me your arrange marriage with whoever rich groom you'll be having, and you don't ing know?! How cocky can you get?! You've been telling me that you're willing to introduce me but I see that it was a lie." I said as I wiped my tears that were starting to dry in my cheeks.

"But it was not a lie! I wanted them to know you! I'm having trouble with this whole problem because I love you so much! Why can't you see that?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter