6 - A BILLION WON IN EXCHANGE FOR MY SANITY

The Ghost from the Vodka Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

"Hey Jiyong, let's go to the mall."

 

"Hey Jiyong, why don't we go to the movies and watch that muscle man go. I heard his movie was pretty ."

 

"Hey Jiyong, I want you to play in the arcade and win me something."

 

"Hey Jiyong, I don't remember how babies are made. Do you mind giving it a gander?"

 

"Hey Jiyong, will you stop strutting that fine of yours." 

 

"Hey Jiyong, you're getting hungry. Let's go eat." 

 

"Hey Jiyong, are you listening?" 

 

Holy. ing. .

 

I turned to her amidst all the people who were bumping me. I made sure I stretched my neck so that she could see the vein that was appearing on it. I must be the world's most tolerating person since she's been doing this slow torture ever since we stepped out of my flat.

 

I forced my eyes open and stared at her like she was the most unamusing thing on the planet which she was. You would think that her big brown eyes that kept looking at you would make you think twice on her not being annoying. Well you're goddamn wrong and sick in the ing head!! Those beady eyes never ever leave you. You can feel her judging and scrutinizing your every movement. And when you do look at her, oh boy, nice knowing you buddy because once you lock eyes she's going to keep talking and asking you some weird, irrelevant, and ridiculous . If you tell her to stop, she will but only--Jesus, this brings a tear to my eye--only for a full minute (I counted) then she goes back to blabbing away. 

 

It was a weekend today and the sun was shining mightily up in the sky. You know what I do in this kind of day? You guessed it. Take my to my bedroom and sleep unless my schedule permits it. There would have been a few snack or pee breaks but that was it. I was figuratively dead for those sunny day weekends but this right here--yeah I call her that because it's true and I can. What are you gonna do about it?--practically begged and annoyed the out of me in hopes that she could 'have fun in the sun'. Why can't I just open the window and put her head out of there? She could've easily had her fun in the sun then. But noooooo, since I couldn't grab her by the neck and push her outside the window due to my 'conscience', 'ethics' and because of the fact that I can't ing touch her, that idea was the one that was booted out of the window. 

 

"Why are we even out here?" I hissed under my breath. "I know you're not gonna remember anyway." 

 

She crossed her arms at me and raised a brow. The nerve of this girl. "How do you know that I'm not going to remember anything because of this little adventure? I didn't know that you were the one who lost their memories and are trying to recollect them. Didn't chocolate abs' brother tell you that forgotten memories just don't come out in a snap? Stop being such a pain in the ." She flipped her hair and continued to walk to the direction of the crowd.

 

EXCUSE ME???? ME? A pain in the ?? Has the world gone completely upside down now? How would the pain in the itself think of me as a person of her kin? 

 

I huffed in absolute irritation but I still found myself following her. Damn my kind heart. Why do I always have to help the most troublesome of people? I hate this.

 

Seoul didn't do me any justice either. There's so many ing people here! Do they not go home at all?! It's like whenever I step out in the streets I always end up in a horde of the reason why this planet suffers from over-population. This is why I don't like going outside. Why the was I here again?

 

"Jiyong-ahhhh!! Ppali!!!!!!" 

 

Oh right, because I was chained by the neck by her this ghost demon. It looks like she was heading to the food stalls and like hell was I gonna let her. I've learned from 2 days ago how that finished and I don't want to be stuck in the bathroom for an hour again in my life. Uh uh, she can go eat with herself with her freaking ghost mouth. That girl was just using me for her own pleasure and as far as I knew, I wasn't no goddamn hooker you just buy of the streets. So you know what I ing did? I turned my into the opposite direction and didn't even bother to tell her. I wasn't no chained pet that needs to tell its master what to do! She's the pet in his relationship whatever this was. I smirked when my hand felt for 'her chain' in my satchel. Let's see which one of us yields. 

 

I heard her scream my name again and I just whistled and strolled farther away from her. I looked to my right and my eyes lit up in glee. Oh look at that, they're having a sale on eggs. I checked my watch and smiled when it read 1:30. That was the exact time that I normally did my grocery shopping. I whistled to the small supermarket, still hearing her faint shouts from the background. I nonchalantly grabbed a basket and greeted the nice cashier ahjumma. She was a family friend of ours that moved to Seoul when we were young. Sometimes she gives me discounts even though it wasn't allowed. I may have become cold as said by my beloved sister and friends but I never act cold towards old people because they were wise and they know so much. I admire them. 

 

The supermarket was packed and they were all crowding the egg section. As I was lightly pushing my way in the crowd of ahjussi's and ahjumma's, I accidentally nudged an ahjussi to the floor but I quickly apologized and helped him up. He got up with a groan and I unconsciously started bowing like a fool. 

 

"Goddamn kids these days... just pushing us old folks down to the ground." he grunted. 

 

I mentally groaned and forced a smile. Not all old people were kind but they still deserve respect even though they were acting like drama queens because I totally apologized and even helped him up. "I'm sorry." I repeated for the hundredth time now to hopefully lessen the scowl on his face. 

 

He just waved a dismissive hand and dove back in the pit of people who were fighting for some eggs. Okay, maybe this sale wasn't worth it. I just grabbed myself a bottled juice and made my way to the counter. There was no small line-ups I could see and I always go to discount ahjumma's counter because she was the nicest. I was just tapping my foot on the floor and waiting for it to be my turn when I saw Dara's trudging figure enter the store. She was leaning on the open door-way and looking haggard as can be. She looked up and gave me a weak smile while slowly coming to me with her posture noticeably hunched and her steps that don't touch the floor clearly wobbly. 

 

I found you.

 

I scrunched my face hearing the frailty of her voice in my head. She was still a bit far but I didn't intend to get closer to her seeing the line of people in front of me. 

 

V-vla-a-d.

 

Her voice trembled now and I couldn't help but feel a sense of worry. I wasn't that heartless. She looked so small and weak as she took her time walking to me and I just tapped my foot impatiently now, wanting to pay for my drink as soon as possible. She called for her bottle's name earlier. She must be losing some energy... but from exactly what? 

 

Can you wait for a bit? I'll be quick. Just stay there. 

 

I saw her nod from a distance but she just continued walking, slowly and steadily. I felt my body freeze when I saw parts of her chest become transparent. She was kneeling on the floor now while huffing. I don't know what happened but the next thing I knew, I was kneeling beside her while faint angry-sounding yells were in the background. I cursed to myself when my hand passed through her arm but she leaned in on my chest while hyperventilating and my shirt. 

 

G-give... me-e...

 

I didn't even have to ask what she needed. I quickly got Vladimir out of my bag and gently handed it to her but her weak hands made it fall from her grasp. I handed it to her again but her fingers were starting to disappear just like her chest. , what's going on?! I was frantic as she quietly looked at her disappearing hands that she was closing and opening. I was placing the opening of the bottle to so that she could drink it but she was too focused on her hands.

 

"Goddammit! Drink!!!" I hissed and practically pushed the bottle to her face but like always, it would just pass through, making me curse even louder. 

 

I could hear loud murmurs near me but I didn't ing care to look up to see what it was all about because holy , why was she disappearing. My mind was scrambled to its wits looking for an explanation or a way to make her stop from disappearing. ! I can't even force her to drink Vladimir because it passes through her! God ing dammit, think Jiyong! She can touch me but I can't... People would feel cold whenever she was around...

 

"Hey Jiyong, you're getting hungry. Let's go eat."

 

"Mmmh, you make good coffee, Jiyongie."

 

I hurriedly took the bottle to my mouth and drank huge gulps of it although after my 3rd gulp, I had to pull away since the taste was too strong. I observed her frail body that was leaning on me with hopeful and expectant eyes. She can feel the 5 senses through me so she was bound to taste Vladimir, right? I waited and waited for what seemed like forever. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth when I saw her turning solid again. She turned to me, wide-eyed, while opening and closing her opaqu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter